MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266
    You guys talking about rosters and stuff like that, don't set yourselves up for this. I'm all for discussing potential things but if you get too ingrained in this, it's going to be even worse. I've seen this happen with MvC3 before and it wasn't pretty.

When it comes to roster I feel Marvel side of things are easier to predict than Capcom. With Marvel you just gonna look at who's going to be in movies, TV and who's getting the biggest push in their comics.

Capcom side is not very hard either. You know they're gonna put 1. the most popular characters from SF 2. characters from their popular franchises atm (or franchises they want to push) 3. characters from previous Capcom games that didn't get into the last MvC. Then you know they tend to renew the roster a lot between each major iteration.
    My guess is that we won't see Firebrand, Arthur, Amaterasu, C. Viper, Haggar, Zero, Phoenix Wright (maybe replaced by Apollo) and most of RE characters (except maybe Leon or any new RE7 character). Frank West might be there though because Dead Rising 4 is about to be released.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • GhostPizzaGhostPizza Joined: Posts: 125
    im gonna say what should have been said a long time ago. This needs to happen so MVC2 can Be Put back on the store. Also yall can get the fuck out wit that 2v2 shit. 3v3 is what made the game fun ever since MVC2 and UMVC3. Now aside from that We need more of the underrated capcom chars like Ryu from breath of fire, Fou lu, Gene from godhand, Samanosuke (Onimusha), Add back Servbot, MEgaman, ADD ASURA from Asura's wrath, And you could even throw in some EX chars like Garuda and Kairi and it would be LITTY.
    edited November 2016
    we also need more chars like Captain commando and jin saotome and for fuck's sake MAKE pyron the Boss Of MVC4 not Galactus or apocaplypse
  • shmurdasceneshmurdascene Joined: Posts: 126
    edited November 2016
    You guys talking about rosters and stuff like that, don't set yourselves up for this. I'm all for discussing potential things but if you get too ingrained in this, it's going to be even worse. I've seen this happen with MvC3 before and it wasn't pretty.

When it comes to roster I feel Marvel side of things are easier to predict than Capcom. With Marvel you just gonna look at who's going to be in movies, TV and who's getting the biggest push in their comics.

Capcom side is not very hard either. You know they're gonna put 1. the most popular characters from SF 2. characters from their popular franchises atm (or franchises they want to push) 3. characters from previous Capcom games that didn't get into the last MvC. Then you know they tend to renew the roster a lot between each major iteration.
    My guess is that we won't see Firebrand, Arthur, Amaterasu, C. Viper, Haggar, Zero, Phoenix Wright (maybe replaced by Apollo) and most of RE characters (except maybe Leon or any new RE7 character). Frank West might be there though because Dead Rising 4 is about to be released.

You think they would cut Wesker? He's one of Capcom's most popular villains and has a great play style. Arthur at least has to stay Ghosts N Goblins is such a legendary game I can't see there being 0 characters after having 2 in the last game. Haggar will probably stay unless they replace him with another grappler which would probably be Zangief or Alex.
    GhostPizza wrote: »
    for fuck's sake MAKE pyron the Boss Of MVC4 not Galactus or apocaplypse

Would be so disappointing if he was in the game but not playable.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Dunno if Arthur HAS to stay. Hard to ensure that he's represented correctly. They made sure he didn't really have any movement options in MvC3 and that definitely hurt his viability.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    Are there any games in general that show shapeshifting can be done to the level that is necessary for Darkstalkers characters?

XRD

You think they would cut Wesker? He's one of Capcom's most popular villains and has a great play style. Arthur at least has to stay Ghosts N Goblins is such a legendary game I can't see there being 0 characters after having 2 in the last game. Haggar will probably stay unless they replace him with another grappler which would probably be Zangief or Alex.

they shouldn't cut wesker the same way they never cut wolverine. i dont see why they would when he's of their own ip and a lot of people actually use him. Anywho. Pyron should be included as playable (In his Human form) while his cosmic form remains as a boss char but has it's own 1 player offline mode just like galactus did in Umvc3.
    edited November 2016

they shouldn't cut wesker the same way they never cut wolverine. i dont see why they would when he's of their own ip and a lot of people actually use him. Anywho. Pyron should be included as playable (In his Human form) while his cosmic form remains as a boss char but has it's own 1 player offline mode just like galactus did in Umvc3.
    I'm all for this but say you pick Pyron in arcade mode, would you be able to do Pyron (human form) vs Pyron (cosmic)? Or they could get around this by having a Marvel boss if you pick a Capcom character and a Capcom boss if you pick a Marvel character, like SFxT.

SmokeMaxX wrote: »
    Dunno if Arthur HAS to stay. Hard to ensure that he's represented correctly. They made sure he didn't really have any movement options in MvC3 and that definitely hurt his viability.

He doesn't have to return but I'd like to see more reps from his series, particularly Astaroth. Or atleast keep Firebrand. I'd hate to see such a legendary series go from 2 characters and a stage to nothing
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,945 mod
    edited November 2016
    I'm wondering how honest some of these returning characters are going to be. I'd be really surprised of Wolverine's berserker slash still crosses up naturally and there'll probably be nerfs to Wesker's teleport. I think a lot of the canned baby's first mix up stuff will be gone. Hopefully the game is more about having to put things together to create mix ups than special moves that come with mix ups.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266

I think they tend to renew the characters they bring in from other franchises and that there's a new RE game coming out soon, so they will prioritize those first and add in maybe another iconic character like Leon that didn't make it into previous games.
    There was no GnG character in previous MvC games and there's no reason they would repeat the experience, especially since Arthur and Firebrand weren't very popular as MvC3 characters to begin with. Same goes for Haggar; he was the only Final Fight character in the whole MvC series and mainly just a replacement for Gief.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    edited November 2016
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469

No Juggernaut. No Felicia. No Sigma. No She-Hulk or Tron Bonne... hmm...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

Definitely gonna try Vision for sure.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited November 2016
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

No Juggernaut. No Felicia. No Sigma. No She-Hulk or Tron Bonne... hmm...

I want all of the characters you listed too, maybe besides She-Hulk. I'd definitely miss Felicia but we're talking about

Bass.EXE
    Mega Man X
    Dr. Wily
    Pyron
    Demitri
    Asura
    Leo
    Tessa
    Batsu
    Alex
    Juri
    Bison

Thanos

not to mention the returning

Morrigan
    Ryu
    Arthur

Doom
    Super-Skrull
    Magneto
    Phoenix
    Wolverine

thats more than enough for me
    Ya'll can all be bitches for not adding Viper.

Viper was good in MvC3 but to keep her in instead of adding one of the many other good SF characters would be silly.
    edited November 2016
    That is seriously one of the worst imaginary rosters I've ever seen.

Capcom wouldn't make it all regular, serious-mode humanoids. They know more than anyone else that there need to be giant characters and midget characters. There need to be serious characters and comedic characters. There need to be humanoids and monsters. And above all else there needs to be more than one of each. They can't all just be plain 173cm tall men and women. This isn't CVS. There needs to be a wild selection of body shapes and sizes.

edited November 2016

Capcom wouldn't make it all regular, serious-mode humanoids. They know more than anyone else that there need to be giant characters and midget characters. There need to be serious characters and comedic characters. There need to be humanoids and monsters. They can't all just be plain 173cm tall men and women. This isn't CVS. There needs to be a wild selection of body shapes and sizes.

Dr. Wily, MODOK, Arthur, Amaterasu, Hulk, Leo, Shuma-Gorath don't count? Most of the Marvel side of the roster aren't even humans.

I honestly don't think anyone cares about the body shapes and sizes other than you.
    edited November 2016

Capcom wouldn't make it all regular, serious-mode humanoids. They know more than anyone else that there need to be giant characters and midget characters. There need to be serious characters and comedic characters. There need to be humanoids and monsters. They can't all just be plain 173cm tall men and women. This isn't CVS. There needs to be a wild selection of body shapes and sizes.

Dr. Wily, MODOK, Arthur, Amaterasu, Hulk, Leo, Shuma-Gorath don't count? Most of the Marvel side of the roster aren't even humans.

I honestly don't think anyone cares about the body shapes and sizes other than you.

And I honestly know you're wrong. Capcom certainly does care about it. If they didn't care they'd be Netherrealm. That's much too little variety for a game like this. Only seven characters out of 60 have unique body types? That's not happening. To say otherwise would tell me that you've never played any MVC game before.

No, Dr. Wily and Leo don't count. Body shape-wise, Leo is just a regular dude with a lion's face. Dr. Wily... well, who knows how they'd do him? But they'd easily be able to make him into just another dude.

There's no way they're just gonna have ONE big guy for the entire fucking combined roster. In past games they had Anakaris, Hulk, Sentinel, Juggernaut, Nemesis, Blackheart, Zangief, Sabretooth... and now they're just back to Hulk? That's a major downgrade, especially for someone like me who only plays big characters.

• DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 433
    I'm confident X-Men characters will be in this game (if it's real). Marvel's little boycott of the X-Men is ending for the most part; there's new merchandise for them & they're getting a major relaunch in the comics. However, there'll probably only be a couple. I'm guessing Wolverine, Storm, Magneto & a new X-Men (Magik?).

Deadpool was never part of Marvel's boycott so he was always safe.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,359
    Ryu, Morrigan, and the Avengers will 100% be in. Beyond that, who knows.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited November 2016

And I honestly know you're wrong. Capcom certainly does care about it. If they didn't care they'd be Netherrealm. That's much too little variety for a game like this. Only seven characters out of 60 have unique body types? That's not happening.

No, Dr. Wily and Leo don't count. Leo is just a regular dude with a lion's face. Dr. Wily... well, who knows how they'd do him? But they'd easily be able to make him into just another dude.

There's no way they're just gonna have ONE big guy for the entire fucking combined roster. They had Hulk, Sentinel, Juggernaut, Nemesis, Blackheart, Zangief, Sabretooth... and now they're just back to Hulk? That's a major downgrade, especially for someone like me who only plays big characters.

UMvC3 only had 3 "big" guys out of 50. Hulk, Sentinel, and Nemesis. Nemesis is likely to get cut.

The guy third from the top left of Marvel's side looks pretty big. I don't know who about 5 of those Marvel characters are but I would be very satisfied with that roster. Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, and Mega Man characters are the most important to me and the representation of those series is about as good as realistically possible on that roster.

And I honestly know you're wrong. Capcom certainly does care about it. If they didn't care they'd be Netherrealm. That's much too little variety for a game like this. Only seven characters out of 60 have unique body types? That's not happening.

No, Dr. Wily and Leo don't count. Leo is just a regular dude with a lion's face. Dr. Wily... well, who knows how they'd do him? But they'd easily be able to make him into just another dude.

There's no way they're just gonna have ONE big guy for the entire fucking combined roster. They had Hulk, Sentinel, Juggernaut, Nemesis, Blackheart, Zangief, Sabretooth... and now they're just back to Hulk? That's a major downgrade, especially for someone like me who only plays big characters.

UMvC3 only had 3 "big" guys out of 50. Hulk, Sentinel, and Nemesis. Nemesis is likely to get cut.

The guy third from the top left of Marvel's side looks pretty big. I don't know who about 5 of those Marvel characters are but I would be very satisfied with that roster. Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, and Mega Man characters are the most important to me and the representation of those series is about as good as realistically possible on that roster.

SF, Resident Evil and Megaman are the big ones to represent. Rival Schools I couldn't give less of a shit about.

It's true that UMVC3 had less big characters for me to use but the ones they did have were fun. And either way they still didn't limit it to one big guy for the entire roster, you at least had enough to make a whole team of them. That's why this list bugs me. Way too little diversity. There are like five guys in there that look like Ultron. So boring. What is this, Injustice?

Viper was good in MvC3 but to keep her in instead of adding one of the many other good SF characters would be silly.

Don't know how big the roster is going to be. Could be huge where she wouldn't be sacrificing any one.

PLUS, we need Amingo.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    Are there any games in general that show shapeshifting can be done to the level that is necessary for Darkstalkers characters?

I'm pretty sure that's Anti-Venom who isn't big at all. This roster looks incredibly mediocre and uninspired but to each their own. Some of them would be cool i.e Green Goblin.
    edited November 2016

SF, Resident Evil and Megaman are the big ones to represent. Rival Schools I couldn't give less of a shit about.

It's true that UMVC3 had less big characters for me to use but the ones they did have were fun. And either way they still didn't limit it to one big guy for the entire roster, you at least had enough to make a whole team of them. That's why this list bugs me. Way too little diversity. There are like five guys in there that look like Ultron. So boring. What is this, Injustice?

Honestly I agree with you that there should be more big characters and I'm all for the roster being more diverse in every way (race, gender, and hero vs villain ratio especially). For me I would rate that Capcom roster as really good but the Marvel roster as average. Black Panther and Kamala Khan could easily take the place of some of those Ultron wannabe's for example. Juggernaut, Cyclops, Sabertooth, Ice Man, even Colossus or The Blob would be nice choices. Groot could easily be another big guy, or Drax. I appreciate that MvC3 tried to put the focus on more than just X-Men vs SF, but many of those characters were badly missed, at least for me.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006

Blazblue has Valkenhayn, who can transform into his wolf form. The game is also sprite based
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830

The only popular characters from SF2 that are shoe-ins are Ryu and Chun. If we get another SF character it will be one of the new characters from SFV to promote that game. I feel Rashid is the best character to represent SFV in a Marvel game. Viper will make it in if they go with 4 SF reps again.

Phoenix Wright won't be replaced by Apollo. Capcom didn't commit to replacing Phoenix in his own series so I doubt Apollo will take his spot in a crossover. Zero is a popular and top tier character in UMvC3 and TvC so he's safe. Haggar will come back if they don't have anyone new to fill the grappler spot on the Capcom roster. He was also a popular assist character so he has that going for him too. I think Nemesis is safe as well as he's the power character of the Capcom roster and also a villain.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited November 2016
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Blazblue has Valkenhayn, who can transform into his wolf form. The game is also sprite based

I meant as far as polygonal fighters go. I guess Zato and Bedman in Xrd are good references of what is possible although I don't think they shift quite to the complexity that characters like Anakaris and Victor do.

• StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096

I meant as far as polygonal fighters go. I guess Zato and Bedman in Xrd are good references of what is possible although I don't think they shift quite to the complexity that characters like Anakaris and Victor do.

in a game with 40+ characters might be pushing it xD
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,359

The best examples of "how in the actual fuck did they animate that" are Faust, Millia's hair, and Raven's arms. To be fair, Arc actually has talented animators who can pull this off, while Capcom doesn't and lacks the money to hire someone who can.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,131 mod
    I just want the return of food based memes and acronyms. Like when X-Factor cancelling was referred to as "KFC", right before Keits(?) banned it because it was "confusing to newbies".
    Zx-tole wrote: »
    Time to make this marvel 8 buttons... kappa
    Skullgirls already has an example of this since the assist macros are hard to use at times (diagonals, so lp+mk, lk+mp, etc.) that most top players just bind them to the last two buttons on the stick.
    d3v wrote: »
    I just want the return of food based memes and acronyms. Like when X-Factor cancelling was referred to as "KFC", right before Keits(?) banned it because it was "confusing to newbies".
    Zx-tole wrote: »
    Time to make this marvel 8 buttons... kappa
    Skullgirls already has an example of this since the assist macros are hard to use at times (diagonals, so lp+mk, lk+mp, etc.) that most top players just bind them to the last two buttons on the stick.

Counterpoint, it's Skullgirls.

edited November 2016

The best examples of "how in the actual fuck did they animate that" are Faust, Millia's hair, and Raven's arms. To be fair, Arc actually has talented animators who can pull this off, while Capcom doesn't and lacks the money to hire someone who can.

The way they did it in Xrd, they posed the models frame by frame to achieve the look they wanted. This made it much less taxing on the RAM since everything was already in place and didn't need to rely on being rendered live.

• Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    Do kind of find it funny though that so many people seem to hate marvel 3. Seems to be the type of game where those who don't play it hate it but those who do play love it to death. It's pretty fun but feels like no one takes it as seriously anymore. Same reason why i'm apprehensive of getting the new blazblue heh.
    aspiring 3s player.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,952

See now would Juri be closer to her SF4/SFxTK version or would we get garbage can Juri from 5?
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    That's because the game has plateaued. It's static and has remained this way for a while now. With no new growth, the game becomes boring and predictable. You know how the Marvel community says stuff like, "The broken games are the best ones."? Within reason, sure. However, that is very much false too.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006

Alex instead of Haggar
    Trish again (I'd prefer Lady for once)
    Ultron would be sick
    MODOK can fuck fight off
    Do people really want Taskmaster again?
    Also who are the Lion dude and Magician girl in the middle row next to Arthur and Vergil?
    About time Thanos showed up
    Rival Schools needs bigger representation than just one character, it's unfair compared to other franchises in the roster
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

See now would Juri be closer to her SF4/SFxTK version or would we get garbage can Juri from 5?

You get garbage can Juri either way

This discussion has been closed.