MVC Infinite Lounge: WE ARE VENOM. DLC CHARACTERS LAUNCH WITH PATCH DEC 5TH

Comments

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,584
    edited November 14
    I use mh/cap with space stone. They can use the surge and storm pretty well if they are both alive but if they are solo they are pretty much worthless with the storm lol.

My game plan is pretty much to charge my storm quickly and use it early in a match. Basically try to trap their lower health character and finish them off.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,793
    It wouldnt even surpise me champ got to check out the dlc first, wonder when they are gonna release them.

Well considering that he's got the game the DLC already you're right you shouldn't be surprised at all.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    GhostTear wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

What is there to see? I think i see logans mouth and claws in the top right corner. 2nd pic

Check the curtains in Pic 1 behind the monitor and curtains in Pic 3 in the background. Same exact ones
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,584
    If yipes does have some influence with mvci, I hope that his thoughts about more defense options he was talking about last nlbc will come true lol.

Screen freeze not eating inputs would be a good start.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,598 mod
    I dont understand the fgc sometimes, top players in all genre's of games get early access. Its been like that for ages, this is nothing new. I mean even MAX gets early access now, the guy probably has more knowledge on things to come than most of the FGC combined.

It is funny that someone noticed the curtains and monitor location and put 2 and 2 together tho lolol.

Top players might have a very little influence, but over all they just get early access to say what they like and dislike.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    edited November 14
    That and these guys are not only fighting game players, they are influencers. So yes, they probably get early access and possibly cash. That's how social media works fam. Now here's the thing, you don't have to be a top player to do the same thing. You have to to have content and build a following, ask the ape. He knows the game.

On a competitive side people always managed to get the game earlier than others one way or the other. I remember having MvC2 waaaaaaaay before street date.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,436
    I play MH/Nemesis with either Reality and recently Soul stone, I've been thinking of going with Time as well though.

Also am I the only one who thinks Carol goes well with Power stone? Her damage becomes pretty insane with the install.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    Pretty shitty these pros get early access. IMO.

Wouldn't be the first time either
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

How does it matter explain
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    edited November 14
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    I play MH/Nemesis with either Reality and recently Soul stone, I've been thinking of going with Time as well though.

Also am I the only one who thinks Carol goes well with Power stone? Her damage becomes pretty insane with the install.

I probably should play Soul Stone as I feel it has amazing utility like space stone. My inner scrub hates
    resurrection mechanics due to Phoenix. For me it's like Soul Stone is for the player with cracks in their defense
    and depends on their straight forward offense to win. (Not I) Space Stone is for the player whose good at controlling, wait for it, space.
    (ultimately the setplay type.) Reality is for the reaction player, just turn your brain off and hit buttons, it helps you hit more buttons.
    Time and Mind are the funny stones that are best used with characters that have options to shutdown the others stones functions.

I watched a runaway Zero/Dante Time Stone guy the other day in a Lobby getting pretty good players heated. He just time stoned all day with
    Dante into whatever high priority ambiguous guessing game Dante wants to do. If you didn't get hit? Time Stone runaway again. What's worse
    he could actually play. I would have been owned I'm sure but it was hilarious to watch.

All that to say I think I'll start MonHun with Reality Stone for now. Training wheels.

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,715
    Well, it kinda matters if you're a competitive guy trying to win a couple thousand dollars, but aren't part of the shill club.
    But then again, it doesn't take long for people to catch up after new characters are released.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,363 mod
    I use mh/cap with space stone. They can use the surge and storm pretty well if they are both alive but if they are solo they are pretty much worthless with the storm lol.

My game plan is pretty much to charge my storm quickly and use it early in a match. Basically try to trap their lower health character and finish them off.

We fought a couple days ago. Was pretty fun. Monster Hunter's qcf+HP is one of the best assists in the game as it basically gives you a hyper armored sword that covers the full horizontal screen and a good part of the air. Which gives you an assist that's very tough to happy bday in any traditional way as long as she has health and sets up easy peasy huge ranged left/rights. Just do the special and tag and the opponent is forced to evade the assist.

She's pretty much designed as an assist character as she's very tough to set people up with otherwise unless she's in demon mode which requires landing a super. She has a lot of good support tools though so combining her with a solid point gives you a strong team. Space box with her is nasty too because you can do the same hyper armor assist stuff except the opponent can't move anywhere so get rekt.

Not everyone will use her because like Ghost Rider, she just isn't strong enough solo to make up for the great stuff she adds to a team, but if you want to create a support oriented team she's good for that. Others will prefer support characters that are better solo like Dante/Dorm/Ultron, but even all of those characters have to deal with the hyper armor slash and her invincible level 1 is definitely one of the best invincible level ones in the game.

When we play again I'll have to work a lot more on my combo optimization and setups. Basic Dante combos do enough vs the regulars online, but not vs people that have their shit down. Having a tough time coming up with good time storm combos and confirms with Morrigan/Dante, but I'll see.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

It's hilarious because having an invincible level one is crazy. It does lose to some level 3's and counters though. I almost shat myself after thinking I had this Thanos beat.
    Granted, it ended me 30 him 5 but I was trying to eclipse him. Stopped some of my willy nilly true sword fighting. Demon mode is seriously beast mode. I think it's definitely
    something you should always go for. Also because the slashes have gaps it's pretty hard to push block if you just do it next to the person. She still gets Demon mode and you get
    some long assed lockdown. I was really going in with Rocket during that shit. Left, rights, ups, downs out the ass.

If her swords hitbox stayed active longer during her swings like some of Dantes stupid ish I'd love her. I was pretty disappointed that the back of her sword swing like d+H had no hitbox.
    I might be at my sons house playing on PS4 this week. I hope to experience China (PS4) since I'm currently playing in Antartica (PC.) Really curious to see how the small community on
    PC stacks up to the PS4 pool.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,151
    I was legit stuck at wack rank 12 till I dropped ghost rider/cap marvel, picked up monhun/dante full time moved up to rank 11th in a few games, her qcf.HP is soooooooooo good. I agree she isn't strong solo but I find her really good vs ppl who just go wayyyyy to ham.
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
    willseless wrote: »
    Well, it kinda matters if you're a competitive guy trying to win a couple thousand dollars, but aren't part of the shill club.
    But then again, it doesn't take long for people to catch up after new characters are released.

Nah it doesn't matter at all tbh

Most top players dont get the game and race to lab the most time instantly then turn around and go to a major and try to win.

Alot of lesser know players in those circles get to play games early and still losing in pools and casuals.

If you competitive getting a game early shouldn't mean anything to you outside of beating up on your locals for the 1st month or so until they catch up. if your a top player 9 times out of 10 a month or couple weeks early access isn't going to do much for you once the game is out in the wild.

Plus lowkey people want to see "high level" play before they even decide if they are going to buy a game. Top players getting it early allows you to see that.
    -Bokkin
  • PLEXIKLASPLEXIKLAS Joined: Posts: 274
    you guys are lucky, I have to wait like 30 min between games, but Im hanging in there, the game is too much fun! It has been a long time since I feelt my heart beating faster as the game draws to the end! love it lol
    I was legit stuck at wack rank 12 till I dropped ghost rider/cap marvel, picked up monhun/dante full time moved up to rank 11th in a few games, her qcf.HP is soooooooooo good. I agree she isn't strong solo but I find her really good vs ppl who just go wayyyyy to ham.

Yeah it's tough using characters that aren't high tier once you get into the single digit ranks. The majority of players are at minimum using their favorite characters plus Dante/Ultron/Dorm or using Dante/Ultron/Dorm on the same team. You have to have some real anti meta shit that can counter what they traditionally do or just give in to the high tier goodness.

It's hilarious because having an invincible level one is crazy. It does lose to some level 3's and counters though. I almost shat myself after thinking I had this Thanos beat.

It's crazy how underused Thanos's qcb+HK counter is. I just realized recently that it basically counters anything that isn't a grab. Projectiles, attacks, supers, you can just one punch man through everything. The only thing I've tested that it doesn't counter that's an attack or projectile is rose garden. Otherwise it blows up just about everything else I've seen so far.

My friend was watching me play online a couple days ago and we ran into a shit ton of Sigmas and not even ONE of them used Sigma's laser super. We started making a joke that everyone just knows it's too powerful so they don't use it.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 245
    So can anyone be a sport and enlighten me about the pics up there? Is wolverine leaked? What's going on?
    Maravilla wrote: »
    So can anyone be a sport and enlighten me about the pics up there? Is wolverine leaked? What's going on?

I dunno myself. I thought Wolverine was hiding behind the curtains or something.

I had one use that shit and I think it was by accident LOL
    Got tired of my bullshit RR/Monhun lock down.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,143
    Nobody knows what's up with the suspicious wolverine face.
    Someone made the connection between the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""leak"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and the photo with shillipino champ, showing that it was the same location.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,632
    shillipino champ

i call to question his reaction to jedah's reveal now.
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    Registration is up for Battle of the Stones online qualifiers. Anyone signing up?

https://smash.gg/BattleForTheStones
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,105
    Why the fuck are Venom's legs so small? Do they not know who the fuck Eddie Brock is? Eddie is 6'3, 230 pounds. Before he even obtained the Venom symbiote, he was at the peak of human strength. So why does he have bitch made quads? Don't even get me started on his calfs.

His legs aren't small, his upper body is big. Also Venom's body mass and shape is based on the make up of the symbiote, not Eddie himself being buff.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 634
    edited November 14
    Guys the twitter post isn’t talking about any chars we don’t know. He’s pointing out where it came from. Look at the curtains.
    Those are some pretty cracked out curtains.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    Why the fuck are Venom's legs so small? Do they not know who the fuck Eddie Brock is? Eddie is 6'3, 230 pounds. Before he even obtained the Venom symbiote, he was at the peak of human strength. So why does he have bitch made quads? Don't even get me started on his calfs.

His legs aren't small, his upper body is big. Also Venom's body mass and shape is based on the make up of the symbiote, not Eddie himself being buff.

Uh...what? While the Venom symbiote does have the ability to increase it's mass on its users, the overall functionality of the alien, especially in the beginning of it's run, has been nothing more than a suit. Yes, we've seen the symbiote increase it's proportions on Mac Gargan or notably any version of the Ultimate Venom. But that was mostly tied to writers displaying the relationship between the symbiote's size and it's emotion or it's user's emotion. But during Eddie Brock's run from his very first appearance? It's been a suit with no notable mass enhancement.

tumblr_inline_o3qldvCZ5t1r5ight_540.jpg
    C_gaN_hXcAEiCd5.jpg

So yes. Venom's appearance on Eddie Brock is largely due in part to Eddie Brock's aptitude to lifting weights. Same reason why Peter Parker's Venom was smaller due to his overall frame being smaller.
    Ya'll like man legs.

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,715
    I expected Venom to be way bigger after his artwork was datamined.
    Venom-MVCI-Concept-Artwork-1.png
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    Don't insult Eddie like that. He's not like these lames who go to LA fitness and doesn't understand the importance of leg presses.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,105
    I 100% agree with the fact that the symbiote will hug the hosts body, but if I were to make a $40 bet - I'd say Capcom liked the freedom of silhouette, animation, and visual design afforded by the fact that there's living tar on a guy, like the Venoms of the last ten years in comics. Just like the Black Panther thread I'm not giving an excuse or anything, I'm just saying what may likely be the case of Capcom's design decisions. Somebody at Capcom justified that model with exactly what I said, and nobody at Capcom talked about Eddie's work out routine. lol
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 179

It matters because they have skin in the game. The guys who make their living winning tournaments for a game are the same guys who are directly giving feedback to capcom. If champ finds some hard counters to his team, or his tactics, who's to say he wouldn't advocate against it? His livelihood is on the line. Plus they get to learn the characters and matchups early which is just unfair to everyone else. Maybe that's why the same ten guys win most of the tourneys, because they advocate for what's best for them and not always what's best for the game. At the least it's shady and at most it's skewing things directly in their own favor.

Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
    edited November 14

It matters because they have skin in the game. The guys who make their living winning tournaments for a game are the same guys who are directly giving feedback to capcom. If champ finds some hard counters to his team, or his tactics, who's to say he wouldn't advocate against it? His livelihood is on the line. Plus they get to learn the characters and matchups early which is just unfair to everyone else. Maybe that's why the same ten guys win most of the tourneys, because they advocate for what's best for them and not always what's best for the game. At the least it's shady and at most it's skewing things directly in their own favor.

I guess Teemo had his hands in things with that Nova/Dorm win. Even though he was a near irrelevant Marvel 3 player at best beforehand. What about the 2 Skullgirls players that dominate NLBC every week? 9/11 conspiracy too?

The same guys win because they're good at fighting games (plus new guys that barely/never played Marvel 3 are winning too). The guys who tested and cracked SFV months before launch are not the people winning much anything now and same will be for this game. Bonchan still won 3 CPT events with a character that was nerfed into the ground and called dead by his former number 1 player.

Being jealous that they get to play stuff before you do is fine, but acting like it's a huge conspiracy that keeps you from using your own skill to win an event is just crazy. Gitting gud is most important. It doesn't hurt anyone wanting to be good as they are going to find good characters with good tools that work for them regardless.