MVC Infinite Lounge: WE ARE VENOM. DLC CHARACTERS LAUNCH WITH PATCH DEC 5TH

Comments

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,580
    I use mh/cap with space stone. They can use the surge and storm pretty well if they are both alive but if they are solo they are pretty much worthless with the storm lol.

My game plan is pretty much to charge my storm quickly and use it early in a match. Basically try to trap their lower health character and finish them off.

We fought a couple days ago. Was pretty fun. Monster Hunter's qcf+HP is one of the best assists in the game as it basically gives you a hyper armored sword that covers the full horizontal screen and a good part of the air. Which gives you an assist that's very tough to happy bday in any traditional way as long as she has health and sets up easy peasy huge ranged left/rights. Just do the special and tag and the opponent is forced to evade the assist.

She's pretty much designed as an assist character as she's very tough to set people up with otherwise unless she's in demon mode which requires landing a super. She has a lot of good support tools though so combining her with a solid point gives you a strong team. Space box with her is nasty too because you can do the same hyper armor assist stuff except the opponent can't move anywhere so get rekt.

Not everyone will use her because like Ghost Rider, she just isn't strong enough solo to make up for the great stuff she adds to a team, but if you want to create a support oriented team she's good for that. Others will prefer support characters that are better solo like Dante/Dorm/Ultron, but even all of those characters have to deal with the hyper armor slash and her invincible level 1 is definitely one of the best invincible level ones in the game.

When we play again I'll have to work a lot more on my combo optimization and setups. Basic Dante combos do enough vs the regulars online, but not vs people that have their shit down. Having a tough time coming up with good time storm combos and confirms with Morrigan/Dante, but I'll see.

Your characters actually do really well versus mh because they can throw around heavies pretty easily so I can't really abuse armor. One tip against her qcf. Hp is to launch and jump cancel it to either up back or you can also air dash behind her. Could tell you were a little unfamiliar with the matchup.
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    Huh never thought about using launch/jump cancel in response to hyper armor that's pretty smart.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,350 mod
    I use mh/cap with space stone. They can use the surge and storm pretty well if they are both alive but if they are solo they are pretty much worthless with the storm lol.

My game plan is pretty much to charge my storm quickly and use it early in a match. Basically try to trap their lower health character and finish them off.

We fought a couple days ago. Was pretty fun. Monster Hunter's qcf+HP is one of the best assists in the game as it basically gives you a hyper armored sword that covers the full horizontal screen and a good part of the air. Which gives you an assist that's very tough to happy bday in any traditional way as long as she has health and sets up easy peasy huge ranged left/rights. Just do the special and tag and the opponent is forced to evade the assist.

She's pretty much designed as an assist character as she's very tough to set people up with otherwise unless she's in demon mode which requires landing a super. She has a lot of good support tools though so combining her with a solid point gives you a strong team. Space box with her is nasty too because you can do the same hyper armor assist stuff except the opponent can't move anywhere so get rekt.

Not everyone will use her because like Ghost Rider, she just isn't strong enough solo to make up for the great stuff she adds to a team, but if you want to create a support oriented team she's good for that. Others will prefer support characters that are better solo like Dante/Dorm/Ultron, but even all of those characters have to deal with the hyper armor slash and her invincible level 1 is definitely one of the best invincible level ones in the game.

When we play again I'll have to work a lot more on my combo optimization and setups. Basic Dante combos do enough vs the regulars online, but not vs people that have their shit down. Having a tough time coming up with good time storm combos and confirms with Morrigan/Dante, but I'll see.

Your characters actually do really well versus mh because they can throw around heavies pretty easily so I can't really abuse armor. One tip against her qcf. Hp is to launch and jump cancel it to either up back or you can also air dash behind her. Could tell you were a little unfamiliar with the matchup.

Ah yeah that's good advice. Yeah I forget that launches are standard normals now and can be canceled into a lot more things. Still, once you're in the box that shit is pretty free off the tag LOL.

Is the qcf+HP the only move that has hyper armor? I didn't really have problems with her other than that move and most of the time I wasn't even sure if she was using that hyper armor move to begin with. Most of the online hunters don't do half the stuff you were doing. Just like how I know when I fight an actual Sigma they're going to use the eye laser super and do things other than unga bunga with the shoulder charge.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• BarlogBarlog Aggressive Turtle Joined: Posts: 42

Do you still do this when the other team has Soul Stone? I often hold off on killing characters until both of them are low health just because that soul storm can fuck everything up real quick when it's 2 fast characters (Spidey/Gamora/Strider/ultron) flying around everywhere.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,099
    Also I have to imagine Capcom no matter their odd balance philosophies are smarter than to not see an obvious attempt to stack character balance in favor of pro players. In fact it would be impossible for the criticism they have for balancing toward the mass player experience to coexist with such a claim.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    When people activate soul storm I just go up there with them. Rain dance, time port , rain dance, time port, everybody flying. If I'm Morrigan I just bust out invincible level 1 and then tag combo if I have Dante or fly away otherwise.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    Damn Dante/Ultron is so cheap, from twister I can get 6.3 meterless into setplay + 12% space stone meter.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,791
    Yup qcf is the only Hyper Armor move. It's funny when I see MonHuns jumping about willy nilly with j.HP. I just jump right into that shit for a full combo if done raw. Thing is she actually has decent air normals but people just don't know the match up. My MonHun is all about simple confirms to get me into Demon Mode then kind of go nuts. I need to research some MonHun strategy.

Been fighting more Thors lately. Abegen is playing this game right? His confirms seem to last for effin days.
    Yeah Abegen plays online. You can search him up in the rankings.

Yea qcf. hp is the only hyper armor move. It's pretty useless to use defensively against 8 way airdashers since its so easy for them to avoid. Nova/uktron are basically her nightmare matchups. Morrigan is also probably a terrible matchup, I think you just need some better matchup experience.

The space storm trap is kind of OD cause it pretty much allows me to do anything I want lol.
    edited November 14
    Yea qcf. hp is the only hyper armor move. It's pretty useless to use defensively against 8 way airdashers since its so easy for them to avoid. Nova/uktron are basically her nightmare matchups. Morrigan is also probably a terrible matchup, I think you just need some better matchup experience.

The space storm trap is kind of OD cause it pretty much allows me to do anything I want lol.

Yeah like the launch thing will help vs like point use of the hyper armor swing, but as an assist it still seems pretty OD. Attach that to someone like MonHun/Dante and the shenanigans I'm sure get pretty real. Then add space box because it's the space box and makes Chris high tier.

Same thing with Ghost Rider, he's whatever by himself but when Dorm uses him to set up one meter THC where you can port 30 times and open the opponent up for free it's pretty OD.

edited November 14
    Barlog wrote: »

Do you still do this when the other team has Soul Stone? I often hold off on killing characters until both of them are low health just because that soul storm can fuck everything up real quick when it's 2 fast characters (Spidey/Gamora/Strider/ultron) flying around everywhere.

Haven't really played any strong soul stone users but I would most likely stick to the same game plan since my team is "top heavy". Getting that first kill is important. Then it's basically not allowing your opponent to find space to use their storm with good positioning. One downfall I noticed with soul storm is that the revived character can't act immediately when they are getting up. Basically I could take advantage of that with mh's qcf hp into tag.
    Yeah that's also why rose garden bodies soul storm. Might as well not activate if that shit is about to hit the floor.

Also forgot to tell you DJ that you could use morrigans invincible super at the very end of the qcf.hp to have the active frames go through you and punish the recovery.
    Also forgot to tell you DJ that you could use morrigans invincible super at the very end of the qcf.hp to have the active frames go through you and punish the recovery.

Might not be too bad if she's by herself, but on a tag the point character can likely just bait that and put me in another bad situation.

Probably better thing to do is just surge cancel a normal so I can port behind it.

I'm talking about more in a situation where I use it defensively and tag in. So the scenario is that your already hitting my tagged in character or he is at least in blockstun and then you can cancel your string into super > tag
    I'm talking about more in a situation where I use it defensively and tag in. So the scenario is that your already hitting my tagged in character or he is at least in blockstun and then you can cancel your string into super > tag

Ah ok. Well I'm sure you'll adapt to that too and pick cleaner spots to use it from. We'll see

• AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,964
    As much as I bitch about this game, I feel I’m getting better at it. Also, there’s definitely more tools I could be using. Never used Thor’s standing armoured overhead but practiced blockstrings and combos with it for an hour yesterday. Also I never use super jump air dash for instant, albeit slow overhead.

Sigma is ungaville. Don’t really need to practice much with him, although I love catching out of corner rolls with command grab. Looks sexy to boot.

Tldr: actually trying to get good
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,428
    Don't insult Eddie like that. He's not like these lames who go to LA fitness and doesn't understand the importance of leg presses.

imFklk5.png

Why are his legs brighter than his arms/face?
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 179
    edited November 14
    Pretty shitty these pros get early access. IMO.

How does it matter explain

It matters because they have skin in the game. The guys who make their living winning tournaments for a game are the same guys who are directly giving feedback to capcom. If champ finds some hard counters to his team, or his tactics, who's to say he wouldn't advocate against it? His livelihood is on the line. Plus they get to learn the characters and matchups early which is just unfair to everyone else. Maybe that's why the same ten guys win most of the tourneys, because they advocate for what's best for them and not always what's best for the game. At the least it's shady and at most it's skewing things directly in their own favor.

I guess Teemo had his hands in things with that Nova/Dorm win. Even though he was a near irrelevant Marvel 3 player at best beforehand. What about the 2 Skullgirls players that dominate NLBC every week? 9/11 conspiracy too?

The same guys win because they're good at fighting games (plus new guys that barely/never played Marvel 3 are winning too). The guys who tested and cracked SFV months before launch are not the people winning much anything now and same will be for this game. Bonchan still won 3 CPT events with a character that was nerfed into the ground and called dead by his former number 1 player.

Being jealous that they get to play stuff before you do is fine, but acting like it's a huge conspiracy that keeps you from using your own skill to win an event is just crazy. Gitting gud is most important. It doesn't hurt anyone wanting to be good as they are going to find good characters with good tools that work for them regardless.

I'm not saying its a huge conspiracy. There can't be a conspiracy, we see them w the game. It's an obvious advantage, whether they win or lose. And come on, why else would Justin not play that first tourney if it isn't?

Edit: And I'm not saying they should or shouldn't play in tourneys, I don't care. But if someone is going to give feedback on a game where capcom will actually listen to them individually, it'd probably be for the best if they didn't have a personal stake in it. How could anyone not agree with that? Not saying they should be banned or not get copies, just that it's an obvious advantage and their notes which capcom hear will obviously be skewed to their personal preference about certain things, whether changed or not.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Don't insult Eddie like that. He's not like these lames who go to LA fitness and doesn't understand the importance of leg presses.

imFklk5.png

Why are his legs brighter than his arms/face?

Photoshop, it's a thing.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    Ive seen LTGs leg video...that isnt photoshop at all
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 245
    Theres a voting going on for best fighter of the year at the game awards site so do the right thing and vote for this fine,fun,and excellent game.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,869
    So uh shouldn't the MVCI lounge get a new thread? SFV lounge gets updated every 500 pages, this thread is on page 606
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Running Dante/MH/Power (Justin's MH team). The waifu can get good conversions off the surge and QCF+HP means that I can hide Dante's slow normals behind a meat shield.
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 530
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So uh shouldn't the MVCI lounge get a new thread? SFV lounge gets updated every 500 pages, this thread is on page 606

Does a crackfiend limit himself on his crack dosage?
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    And yea venoms physique is disappointing considering its eddie venom. But i need to see him in motion
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,964
    Gonna stream Marvel for a bit if anyone is bored.

https://go.twitch.tv/psnalkipot
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    Good stuff. Good to see you push through despite some of the growing pains you had. Always time to hit more crack. I was looking at that team like "man, that team really sucks, wow". Like it was amazing how bad that team was. Like that team would have trouble beating some of the lower tiers in SFV.

Oh and you didn't do the laser super even though I told you to. I knew this would happen because the super is too cheap and it doesn't exist in this terrestrial plane. Even if you did do the super, it can only be seen on gaseous planets like Jupiter.

edited November 15
    Played someone that played my team yesterday, kept losing barely. I'm still salty. That is all. Nothing like losing when you both have like 5% health back to back.
  • PLEXIKLASPLEXIKLAS Joined: Posts: 274
    Nothing worse Tham loosing to your ön team, its like finding your Girl in ned with your brother
    On one hand I was like wait, what? Never, EVER played against another fire coon. First I had my B-team up with MonHun but I couldn't resist the opportunity to have someone familiar with how my team works expose my weakness/show me something new. It was dope though, I think my strategy was more sound but he was way better at pushing buttons and sticking to what works.

Ie: I run space stone and hardly use that shit even though I'm a rocket player. I have to try and force that shit more. I'm really dropping the ball.

• DriftingsortDriftingsort Tight Lines Joined: Posts: 276
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,630
    that hurt me by just watching
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,708
    I don't think this is actually "meta and tier discussion", so I'll post it here. How much do you guys think the game would change if they don't patch the HSD glitch, making you choose between spending 2 bars on counter switch or dying?