MVC Infinite Lounge: We all girls until proven otherwise.

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited August 9
    quicks wrote: »

Judging by things ,education ,previous experience, or common sense are needed

Hopefully this will let some of your guys buy more than one game a year

I only bought SFV last year (PC and PS4) and I'll most likely only buy Marvel this year (PC and PS4). Just one fighting game per year.

Unless Fighting EX Layer hits this year, then buying that too.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,100 mod
    To be honest, this whole pr nightmare is indicative of the inexperienced people involved with the game'

Who made the deal with this budget and these limitations for a mainline marvel game? more games would look like this if they acted like whoever pushed this game for a greenlight. its like he didn't even negotiate and just allowed both capcom and marvel to bully the team to where we get this. If we had a fighter negtotiating, maybe we could have gotten both cyclops qnd wolverine in the starting roster. We could have gotten the budget for 12 more new characters instead of the 7 or 8 i think we have. Perhaps the model and design team would have been more competent. Thr UI would have been much more memorable.

They only got one thing right and thats the gameplay.
    I highly doubt any sort of hard bargaining would have gotten X-Men characters of any sort on the base roster. Marvel seems steadfast in its policies promoting the MCU over X-Men and F4. Heck, notice how we haven't had any X-Men games for years now?

Also, the UI is just part of a larger trend affecting gaming, especially those from the west, when it comes to UI design. The whole, anti-skeumorphic, "flat" design movement started by Apple has leached onto video games. It's just way more noticeable in fighting games due to how vibrant their interfaces used to be. Capcom and SNK are the biggest examples of this. NRS also does it, but it seems to fit their general aesthetic better. ArcSys and Namco on the other hand don't follow the trend, the former loves skeumorphic design, with lifebars that feel like glyphs or gears, meanwhile latter in particular has a set "Tekken aesthetic" that they follow, regardless of trends.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    This is another upload of the Pro Tour video that Capcom hasn't bothered to take down yet.

Says there will be a mini Pro Tour in 2017 with online only qualifier. Video suggests that the netcode will be good enough to viably create an online only qualifier. Then 2018 the new offline Pro Tours start for both SFV and Marvel (with online qualifiers for both as well) with the focus being on Marvel supposedly over SFV.

Also says they will be doing WWE style one on one Title Fights

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,178
    People will blame capcom regardless about xmen and FF, even though marvel has been actively trying to kill each franchise to lower the value to by then back.

It's just easier to blame capcom, but the statements about younger players might not even remember the xmen is spot on, and that's exactly what marvel was trying to push, of course a 25-30 year old will remember the X men, 12 and under will probably clock Wolverine, phoenix at a push Charles and magneto. FF won't even be comic relevant in a good fucking while either. I still buy comics I've got a kid in that age bracket and honestly other than Wolverine she couldn't name a single men character.
    MCU is big fucking bucks, go into a Disney store Xmen are absent it's all avengers and spiderman
    However nostalgia makes them far more important.
    It's cool to hate on them and they brought it on themselves. However after people complained about things like sfv dlc they changed a good practice to appease people when it was the best thing about sfv.

Tl;Dr

Marvel has a clear agenda

Capcom make it easy for bad press to be thrown at them and have no clear strategy for fighting games, the company as a whole is massively out of touch , alot of Japanese game companies are stuck in their way
    I suppose the majority of the fights will be more entertaining than McGregor vs Mayweather

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,274
    I'm looking forward to the title fights as well. I loved the socal bar fights back in the day and I'm looking forward to punk versus nemo since those two have never played.
    This kind of thing is a big boon to fighting games. The only thing they have to ge right is make sure the players are close to each other's level so there aren't any serious blowouts, make sure that the matchups are closer to even.. and more than anything, make sure the matches have some sort of hype to them. Like players that have never played each other in tournament or who have bad blood, or mirrors of the 2 best Laura's going at it/that type of thing... create hype via matchup.

I'm looking forward to mvci but I'm still not so sure I'll like it. Some of these characters are like wtf. Nemesis and Chris... wtf... ghost rider... wtf.

Looking to some new characters to bring the hype. I really want to see new characters first and foremost.

Gamorrah thanos Jeddah etc.. characters that either haven't been in mvc3 or are straight up new.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    You will like Jedah and Wolverine Function/Black Panther

If they get it wrong we'll get great stuff like this.

• LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 537
    edited August 9
    quicks wrote: »
    snip

It doesnt MATTER what agenda Marvel has though. What matters is getting people to buy and advertise by word of mouth this game. And so far the fans have been less than kind because alot of the mainstays are gone because of inside politics that should have had NO BEARING on this game. Whats sad is how this game is being treated as nothing more than advertisement and not as a big deal fighting game. Maybe Warner's DCMU is having lots off problems so it has to use everything theyve got, but AT LEAST Injustice wasnt being treated like "just an advertisement" and actually feels like its done with some amount of reverence for the source material. And you are right that its not Capcom's fault at all that it is that way. I mean they put fucking MODOK in MvC3! Who the hell would bother with such an obscure character that casuals would only know from a 90s Ironman TV show and an Incredible Hulk arc from a couple of years ago?! Thats like hearing Capcom say "Hey, you know what? We're gonna put Jackal in MvC:I because why the hell not!". Still I cant help but feel Capcom is more interested in funding other projects it has coming like REmake 2, which will probably be super easy money in the bank, and Monster Hunter World, which is still up in the air as to how that will go down. These are things Capcom has more control over as well as SFV. Whereas with MvC, Marvel obviously has all the say in what matters most (characters).

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    edited August 9
    Capcom's had financial issues in the past. Other than closing their European office and removing some positions (r.i.p Seth Killian), I remember their credit rating decrease from an A to a BBB+. So it made sense for them to let Sony finance SFV.

But don't want to talk about that game, let alone in a Marvel discussion.

With the previous flop in Umvc3's release (new characters being locked on disc was greatly ignored as people were outraged they were releasing a fullprice upgrade within the same calender year as it's Vanilla installment) which was meant to coincide with a push for the MCU, and Capcom's financial issues, plus licensing negotiations (Disney pulled Marvel's license which Capcom quelled any balance adjustments efforts, but not sure Capcom were even bothered to really), I'm not surprised Capcom is oestensibly letting Marvel have a large say in the game.

I would even say the resuing of U/3s assets was a cost saving measure. And switching to SFVs (and I have to mention this again) dlc system is also a revenue increasong ploy.

Funny though. Of all the things I'm mad at Infinite about, their financial decisions and character roll outs aren't something I'm mad about.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    YawDan wrote: »

Funny though. Of all the things I'm mad at Infinite about, their financial decisions and character roll outs aren't something I'm mad about.

That must mean you're the the first person on Earth that's mad about the gameplay. You are the oracle for the future.

Seth left because he wanted to get into game design. Something he apparently couldn't do at Capcom, probably because they still had Neo_G and Oda around. Sony basically let him do that which is wht he jumped ship.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Is he still making the Riot fighter that's going to take over fighting eSports?

People are delusional if they think that no X-Men/F4 is because Capcom didn't push hard enough for them. Marvel simply won't budge on the issue. Not like they'd let any other dev use them. I mean, look at their lineup, there are no X-Men and F4 related games in development at all.
    Is he still making the Riot fighter that's going to take over fighting eSports?

Last I heard, yes.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited August 9
    They didn't put Psylocke in Marvel 3 so I already was whatever about the Marvel roster from 3. I don't like the 10 moar years characters (at least not playing as them) so it wasn't super hype for me. I basically got into Marvel 3 hoping that Capcom characters would be strong because I was tired of seeing Xmen (3 or 4 specific ones) run the game.

X23 and Doom were the only Marvel characters I played in tournament for longer than a month. Otherwise I mostly play Capcom characters in Marvel. Only Marvel characters I'll play in this game are likely Ultron and Dr.Strange.

That must mean you're the the first person on Earth that's mad about the gameplay. You are the oracle for the future.

I've been saying that how removing assists has made the neutral become more footsie based is a block for me getting into the game. I've never liked linear, footsie based fighters which was why U/3 became the only FG I played.

It's simply a personal preference issue for me. I like watching gameplay. But don't particularly enjoy playing it.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited August 9

I've been saying that how removing assists has made the neutral become more footsie based is a block for me getting into the game. I've never liked linear, footsie based fighters which was why U/3 became the only FG I played.

It's simply a personal preference issue for me. I like watching gameplay. But don't particularly enjoy playing it.

Once the game comes out you will see that the neutral will be as flooded or more flooded than Marvel 3. It's not going to be a "footsie" fighter for very long outside of 1v1 scenarios. Anyone coming in this wanting XvSF or MSH 2.0 is going to be severely disappointed. 2 characters plus gem storm is going to be so fucking stupid. Allowing you to turn anything you throw out into a tagged hit box assist for another character is pretty much cracking this game out as much or more than Marvel 3.

Soul Storm is already rumored to let you bring your character back any way as well if you need something that keeps 2 people in as long as possible.

edited August 9
    I'm fine dealing with mix-ups (literally spent a year getting hit with fuzzy guards, high unblockables and hard-to-blockables, thanks to @Intuitive2011. And learned to accept Zero as a normal part of life). I liked how assists meant you didn't have to engage in a footsie war in neutral.

I already know I'm going to rely on the tag mechanic a lot. I willl be using it as a neutral assist more than anything.
    edited August 9
    Mind Stone alone combined with the tag system makes it more like an MvC1 2.0 with Mind's Storm replacing Duos. Only thing stopping that from being really busted is the reduced chip.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited August 9
    I'm fine dealing with mix-ups (literally spent a year getting hit with fuzzy guards, high unblockables and hard-to-blockables, thanks to @Intuitive2011. And learned to accept Zero as a normal part of life). I liked how assists meant you didn't have to engage in a footsie war in neutral.

I already know I'm going to rely on the tag mechanic a lot. I willl be using it as a neutral assist more than anything.

Yup. If you think like that you'll come up with a lot of ways to constantly have shit on the screen for your other character to utilize. There's going to be almost no way to play traditional footsies with this mechanic. Plus some characters like Ultron already have self assists. 1v1 is the only time it'll get to the point where traditional footsies could even be a factor and even then, characters like Ultron and Mega Man are looking to still be able to flood the screen by themselves.

Throwing out Ultron drones while shooting beam and then tagging in Zero, Dante or Strange is going to be all types of super nutty like just nutty.

The footsies in the game still look more like Marvel footsies to me. Very much like stuff from MvC1 or MvC2. Basically, fill the screen with hit boxes, then look for the confirm. If UMvC3 had less of that, it was more due to the ridiculous hit bubbles and ToD nature of the game.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Not surprised Frank looks strong. They gave him a shitton of ways to level up. On top of tag making it easy to level up in general.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 517
    d3v wrote: »
    I don't think it's gonna be as footsie based as you think. You're just gonna have to approach mix ups differently.

It's anything but linear.

This is fine, it's essentially just crossup assist except it's the assist who continues the combo not the "point character." It was free in MvC3, free in MvC2, and it's free in MvCi. It still doesn't look as bad as Magneto fly over Psylocke assist, resets all day, this is ok.
    Not surprised Frank looks strong. They gave him a shitton of ways to level up. On top of tag making it easy to level up in general.

I think he might be my main because you can actually have fun with him now, Gamora/Frank sounds like a sexy team, Gamora was going to be my very first lab character so I think this might be my starting team.
    edited August 9
    flicky wrote: »
    I don't think it's gonna be as footsie based as you think. You're just gonna have to approach mix ups differently.

This is fine, it's essentially just crossup assist except it's the assist who continues the combo not the "point character." It was free in MvC3, free in MvC2, and it's free in MvCi. It still doesn't look as bad as Magneto fly over Psylocke assist, resets all day, this is ok.
    Nah, we have stuff using DUD for that. Put hitboxes, tag, then DUD jump into 4 way mix up.

That said, it's the stuff at the end that looks trickier. Tag on the end of a teleport, just when you think they're turned around. And tag freeze and invul frames make the tags tricky to punish.

On a related note, depending on the framedata of tag, I'm thinking that reversal tags might actually be a thing.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,357
    Just dreamed I was playing Nemesis/Thanos. Here I am in the hype train again.

Nah, we have stuff using DUD for that. Put hitboxes, tag, then DUD jump into 4 way mix up.

That said, it's the stuff at the end that looks trickier. Tag on the end of a teleport, just when you think they're turned around. And tag freeze and invul frames make the tags tricky to punish.

On a related note, depending on the framedata of tag, I'm thinking that reversal tags might actually be a thing.

Is short hop still in the game? I've never seen anyone use it since peter showed it off in that demonstration. I was under the assumption it had been removed.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 979

Is short hop still in the game? I've never seen anyone use it since peter showed it off in that demonstration. I was under the assumption it had been removed.

Nah, it's just hard for people to use it right now while they're figuring everything else out. It's such a precise mechanic that you would need lab time to figure out how to use it the way you want.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    edited August 9
    Yeah, people just haven't had enough time to figure out uses for DUD yet.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,525
    All I'm thinking about is chip kill setups. I imagine the shame box with full meter and low life on the opposite end being something brutal. Can't wait to lock em in and fire Shinkuu Hadouken's at them FTW!
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 8,911
    Can someone link me Ryce's leak? Not willing to go through 300 pages of content
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,427 mod
    edited August 9

This looks to be a game where you are going to have to have experience VS every single character...but when I think about it that was the case for most of the 2v2 Vs games, once they became 3v3 you could kind of power your way through with the best team no matter what the other characters could do.

As of now my list of what looks to make a character good in this game.

Characters with teleports
    Tri dashes
    Air dashes
    Projectiles that boomerang
    Side switches

If you like a character with any of those things you'll probably be already in the early life of the game.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    I like that list. I would add characters with fullscreen beams. And also consider characters with attacks that would be good to switch off in neutral, and also provide tagging mix ups off.
    All I'm thinking about is chip kill setups. I imagine the shame box with full meter and low life on the opposite end being something brutal. Can't wait to lock em in and fire Shinkuu Hadouken's at them FTW!

Chip is really low in the game, and that's before we factor in Gold Pushblocks. Might as well use Mind Stone to be safe for tons of meter, and then fire away Million Dollars, then tag into, lets use Proton Cannon for old times sake, then then just doing tag into super into tag into super like MvC1 Duos never went out of style.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,427 mod
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • ManlyPlantManlyPlant Joined: Posts: 37
    Thanos has his own agenda, so he's probably gonna be a fight near the end of the story. Because of course he would.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,083
    Thinking of using X/Captain Marvel as of now, also like Gamora/Ryu, cant wait too playyyy
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May