MVC Infinite Lounge: We all girls until proven otherwise.

Comments

• brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 182
    edited August 10
    Can someone link me Ryce's leak? Not willing to go through 300 pages of content

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

In total he is missing Black Panther, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Haggar, Zero, Frank West, Sigma

Monster Hunter and Ant-Man are the unconfirmed. I think MH is very likely since there is a MH stage and Dahren Mohran makes an appearance. On top of that MH appeared in the Zip Leak. Ant-Man though did not make the Zip Leak, I don't feel good about his chances, you would think he'd be revealed by now. Only hope is a surprise reveal at PAX WEST showing off MH and Ant-Man, the base roster being 30 would not be good especially if Ghost Rider was the final reveal.

On one hand there is a chance for them to make the final reveal a big bang, on the other hand its Capcom.

BTW the 1st post in the thread has a lot of the info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241822275

• xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,310
    is it me or does zero do everything better than x in this game
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    xiceman191 wrote: »

Seemed that way to me at first, but Megaman's rushdown and zoning is looking really strong the more I see of him as well. X looks like another character that almost doesn't need any tag help. He's got his own tools like boomerang which can work as assists and can put enough buster shots on the screen to always be a threat.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 49
    edited August 10
    Can anyone explain what's going on here

Dante does his standard air dash -> air hp but is able to double jump immediately afterwards without landing. At first I thought maybe has the ability to jump off enemies like in DmC but the air hike animation still goes off.

Edit: Don't know why it keeps linking to 2:09, it happens at 2:49
    CFN: PunishedEdwin
    Looks like he can jump cancel air dash normals now.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Not looking forward to day one Megaman Zero teams going HAM

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,983
    xiceman191 wrote: »

Zero looks more versatile overall (he can do a little bit of everything), but the more I see of X, the more I feel he is better on the ground and definitely a better zoner than Zero.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 182
    edited August 10
    Pete278 wrote: »
    I refuse to believe Ghost Rider is the last reveal, and over two weeks before we actually get any gameplay of him. Surely not even MvCI's marketing team could fuck that up that badly.

Surely.

If you grasp at straws there is hope. They say Ghostrider revealer is Gamescon 8/22 that would leave us with 28 days until launch which seems like a long time with no new reveals considering MVC3 was revealing characters up until 19 days 'til release Hsien-Ko and Sentinal were revealed January 27th 2011, MVC3 launched Feb 15th 2011

PAX WEST is Sept 1-4, MVCI launch is Sept 19th.

In the era of DLC their release schedule can be whatever it wants to be really. Just gonna have to sit yourself down for the ride. The launch of the game is just the beginning.

• UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 15
    I wonder, the story is supposed to be about Ultron/Sigma doing the dbz fusion dance and destroying both universes but, could Capcom/Marvel make like later DLC episodes for story mode with other Villians from both universes teaming up?

Like M.Bison or Gill/Magneto (SF / XM)
    Jedah / Loki (DS / Thor universe)
    Vergil / Doom (DMC / F4) *I know not gonna happen plus we already have that... it's high level UMVC3 gameplay haha.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,832
    You MUST be new.

That's WAAAAYYYYYYY too much work to be expecting from Capcpom.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 15
    I don't mean as the game released next month. I mean as DLC for later (since they seem to be into making money that way).

They seem to both be into this whole crossover story and making money off of it from E3/comic Con stuff.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,082
    Tbh I wish capcom would at the very least, stream mvci once a week in their capcom office, even if they all sux besides combo, would love to just see more matches, I felt I saw more gameplay of mvc3 before release than mvci I just wanna see Moar
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,043
    Yo Money vs Capcom: Infinite Disappointment! who wins!!?? play the game to find out!!! out september
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,575
    in on page 300
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 11
    Korbidon wrote: »
    are there still alpha counters?
    That's a good question... I don't feel like Ive seen them, to that point, can you tag in blockstun? if so that might replace the need for it

Post edited by MegamanSteve on
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,983
    In motion, with two people who know what they are doing kinda, this game looks incredibly fun. Yes the art is crap and the roster is weak, but the game system looks amazing.

Is it September 19th yet?
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    Alpha counters are likely gone because of the free tag system. There's always a way to safely tag in another character for 0 meter so getting a character in is as simple as getting space, throwing out something that covers your tag and then tag. That or just putting the opponent in a block string and then tagging. Counter switches take care of the worst situation where you're hit and taking a combo.

Plus stone activation can be guard canceled so that's your way to get block pressure off. They also have invincibility on raw activate

• YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 696
    [tweet]89496921[/tweet]
    That's a good question... I don't feel like Ive seen them, to that point, can you tag in blockstun? if so that might replace the need for it

No there are no alpha counters. I believe you can tag in block stun though, not that you'd want to as characters run in and exiting character does their leaving animation, so you'll be free to happy birthdays.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    edited August 11
    YawDan wrote: »
    [tweet]89496921[/tweet]

No there are no alpha counters. I believe you can tag in block stun though, not that you'd want to as characters run in and exiting character does their leaving animation, so you'll be free to happy birthdays.

Yeah there's a 2 bar block breaker apparently.

Burst Tag / Saving tag
    When in blockstun or while being comboed you can HOLD the tag button (20 frame?), and you’ll spend 2 bars to tag in your second character. There is a brief flash as the new character comes in. First character is not saved, but begin being treated as an assist.

Still think it's more cost effective to just get a pushblock, find some space and put them in block stun and tag in your partner for free. Alpha counters made more sense when 2 meter DHC's were the only safe, guaranteed way to switch people out. It's another mechanic that you can't use once you go down to one person any way. Better off just using counter switch since that is used for a situation where you can't escape taking damage.

• TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,425 mod
    So are the pre order DLC characters going to be available at launch? Orrr....are they going to just release them willy nilly.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,794
    There are no pre order DLC characters. Only costumes.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,005
    So are the pre order DLC characters going to be available at launch? Orrr....are they going to just release them willy nilly.

I'm expecting ondisc DLC
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    Well, Sigma/BP/Hunter/Venom are already on the "disc" so...
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,794
    edited August 11
    Dah'ren Mohran and Restrained Thanos are on the zip-leak as well. Last I checked, both weren't playable.

They said all of the DLC characters will have an alternate costume, but there are no alternates for Sigma or Black Panther listed. For all we know, those are simply story related assets.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Alex was on the disc

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,333

There's no preorder dlc character. If you preorder the standard edition, you get two costumes, if you preorder the deluxe edition (game + season pass), you get 4. The characters that comes with the season pass will be released at the same time for everyone, probably two characters per month starting on October.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 12
    Zero is better at being a weeby power fantasy character, with his lightsaber, time stop, Japanese-named attacks, and flowing golden locks that have no reason being on a robot. No wonder why the fucker is top tier in everything he touches.

To be fair, Zero is Dr. Wily's masterpiece.

And Dr. Wily is a badass pimp so is fine if Zero is Top Tier in everything.

Is the culmination of all those years of frustration with Classic Megaman. Now everyone has to kneel to Zero, even Sigma turned heel and crazy because of Zero's power.

Megaman X is smart. Better to be best friends with Zero than be his enemy. Besides, Zero is undeniably cool.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Guile
    edited August 13
    When Zero activates sogenmu he says "Now's your chance to run". At least he lets you know you better pee your pants now.

That peacock special is too much

zmRP85.gif

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 926
    When Zero activates sogenmu he says "Now's your chance to run". At least he lets you know you better pee your pants now.

That peacock special is too much

zmRP85.gif
    Its shit like this that makes me hate chip death
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha
  • killthevibekillthevibe i'm a marvel/dbz player now Joined: Posts: 622
    chun was doing some dumb shit in that new video..
    edited August 13
    Chun is looking so strong in this game. She's looking really hard to zone out now. Her movement is too much now.

Morrigan can get in really nice too. Fireball patterns will be toned, but seemed like when she's in flight she can still get a few of em on screen. Just gotta be careful of supers sniping you during the recovery.

• killthevibekillthevibe i'm a marvel/dbz player now Joined: Posts: 622
    yea mvci chun looks strong. her DUD jump looks fucking ridiculous plus she can jump 3 times in the air and tenshokyaku looks good and safe. she is going to be hard to keep out
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,154
    edited August 13
    Shadow blade looks really good too
    Post edited by quicks on
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 482
    quicks wrote: »
    Shadow blade looks rest good too

Those were my thoughts, seems to be cutting through everything.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,407
    Morrigan looks....off in this game. I can't quite place it but she doesn't look right.