MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,946 mod
    edited November 2016
    That's because the game has plateaued. It's static and has remained this way for a while now. With no new growth, the game becomes boring and predictable. You know how the Marvel community says stuff like, "The broken games are the best ones."? Within reason, sure. However, that is very much false too.

Yeah the sandbox era of Marvel 3 was fun when people were discovering stuff, but the thing with cheap games is that the cheapest of the cheap eventually rises to the top and it gets hard for the other stuff you discover to be relevant vs the most optimal cheese. XF became a bit more strategic in UMVC3, but was still too much of a crutch and some characters like Strider were an extreme liability to play without it. A game without XF should let the characters feel more natural and less dependent on XF to bring out their "true" form. TAC infinites didn't break the game like people said they would, but they are another thing that show off how messy the meter build is and how many things still unnecessarily ignore HSD.

A big part of the hype of earlier Marvel games was the resets and when you play characters like Zero or Vergil who just combo you until you die or Morrigan who just spams fireballs that take up near all screen space until you die, the game doesn't really have great shifts in momentum. It's too often all in for one person or all in for the other person.

The biggest meta turn for that game is KBR creating a team that 1 touch most of the cast for 0 meter involving combos that don't require much execution.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    Hmm yeah I suppose that makes sense. Cool how marvel's still doing okay though after all this time without a patch. Even with the game turning stale doubt most games would make it that far without some kind of change. I imagine something like BB, while being very old would be long dead by now if it weren't for developer support.

If marvel 4 somehow magically happens though i hope to be able to participate as this "sandbox era" sounds pretty cool.
    aspiring 3s player.
  • shmurdasceneshmurdascene Joined: Posts: 126
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Alex instead of Haggar
    Trish again (I'd prefer Lady for once)
    Ultron would be sick
    MODOK can fuck fight off
    Do people really want Taskmaster again?
    Also who are the Lion dude and Magician girl in the middle row next to Arthur and Vergil?
    About time Thanos showed up
    Rival Schools needs bigger representation than just one character, it's unfair compared to other franchises in the roster

The Lion is Leo and the Magician is Tessa, their both from Red Earth. I agree Rival Schools should atleast get two characters, especially if Red Earth does. Alex > Haggar although I like both. I wouldn't mind Taskmaster again but I don't think he was popular enough to warrant a return.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,015
    edited November 2016
    I would personally like to see another Street Fighter grappler. Birdie, T Hawk and Hugo haven't been in a Marvel environment yet. Alex was already in Tatsu vs Capcom. Haggar will probably get added to Street Fighter V in the near future.
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I would personally like to see another Street Fighter grappler. Birdie, T Hawk and Hugo haven't been in a Marvel environment yet. Alex was already in Tatsu vs Capcom. Haggar will probably get added to Street Fighter V in the near future.

If it's Birdie I would hope it's more SFA Birdie and less SFV.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    That's because the game has plateaued. It's static and has remained this way for a while now. With no new growth, the game becomes boring and predictable. You know how the Marvel community says stuff like, "The broken games are the best ones."? Within reason, sure. However, that is very much false too.

Yeah the sandbox era of Marvel 3 was fun when people were discovering stuff, but the thing with cheap games is that the cheapest of the cheap eventually rises to the top and it gets hard for the other stuff you discover to be relevant vs the most optimal cheese. XF became a bit more strategic in UMVC3, but was still too much of a crutch and some characters like Strider were an extreme liability to play without it. A game without XF should let the characters feel more natural and less dependent on XF to bring out their "true" form. TAC infinites didn't break the game like people said they would, but they are another thing that show off how messy the meter build is and how many things still unnecessarily ignore HSD.

A big part of the hype of earlier Marvel games was the resets and when you play characters like Zero or Vergil who just combo you until you die or Morrigan who just spams fireballs that take up near all screen space until you die, the game doesn't really have great shifts in momentum. It's too often all in for one person or all in for the other person.

The biggest meta turn for that game is KBR creating a team that 1 touch most of the cast for 0 meter involving combos that don't require much execution.

I think that's what blew my mind, really. While Haggar, Sent, and Hulk don't have great mobilit, they can one touch kill very easily. But what makes me give KBR the most props out of all the other players is that these characters have shit mobility and yet, he finds a way to blow up some of the best players. Justin, Rayray, F.Champ, Flocker, etc, etc. Likes it's NOTHING.

Also, you're right about the shift in momentum. The only shift in momentum really came if you dropped a ToD combo. At least with resets, you had to see those coming and if you guessed right, you could retaliate. But Marvel 3 is literally, "I touch you. You watch me. I kill you." over and over. It's so boring. I know it's a fighting game but I'm a firm believer in giving people an opportunity to "play" the game. And no, guessing on incoming character death is not a fair chance at that considering the bullshit that you can do to them in the process. Someone earlier in the topic said that MvC2's reset heavy gameplay was just as bad as Marvel 3's ToDs. I STRONGLY disagree. In fact, if Marvel 2 had better balancing, I think it would be perfect considering the pace the game is played at along with the interesting opportunities they give you. Seriously, check out any Mid-to Top tier sets between capable players. I love watch Romneto's channel for stuff like that since he taps into the unknown territory that is Marvel 2 minus the Top Tier teams.
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    edited November 2016
    Pokemon123 wrote: »
    Hmm yeah I suppose that makes sense. Cool how marvel's still doing okay though after all this time without a patch. Even with the game turning stale doubt most games would make it that far without some kind of change. I imagine something like BB, while being very old would be long dead by now if it weren't for developer support.

If marvel 4 somehow magically happens though i hope to be able to participate as this "sandbox era" sounds pretty cool.

Even with Marvel 3 I know why they still play it. The only reason I stopped playing it was that the online was garbage and it was at a time when I didn't have a car to regularly go to sessions to practice. Then KI came out on Xbox and I basically only played that for 2 years.

I never got heavy competitive into the other VS games, but Marvel 3 was my first real taste of it and like no other fighting games gave me an adrenaline rush like that game did. The whole concept of being able to put together 3 characters that actively work with each other and can call is as assists is something no other game does quite the same. You really feel like you are using a team of characters and it's more like an active deck in a card game than just picking one character. A team is essentially its own character and has its own strengths and personality. Even which assists you use can completely change how the team's neutral game and super/THC's work.

Like when you play other games you know it's fun and all, but like Marvel 3 literally felt like crack. You knew you had to be aware of a lot of things that were happening very fast and any slip could cost you big. It also made me appreciate the BS in other games because when people complain about shit in SFIV and SFV you can just call them a bitch because they don't know what's bad.

Marvel 3 is (and the other Marvel games) are the only games I know where you can watch 2 guys play on stream and after a match they are literally reeling back in their chairs. I've seen people literally fall back in their chairs like they were on an old wooden roller coaster ride with no seatbelt. I remember seeing plenty of matches with Yipes literally looking like he's ready to be put on a stretcher, over some Marvel LOL. Other games can stress you out, but not like Marvel. I remember seeing Marvel 2 matches between Sanford and J.Wong and Sanford would be sweating like he ran a marathon. Never seen anyone sweat like that playing any other fighter since.

Yeah if there is one thing that marvel definitely has is that it's incredibly unique compared to other fighters. Alot of the marvel people I know simply can't get into other fighters. Seems like games which manage to live a long time right now (i.e 3rd strike, marvel, melee) have something unique that cannot be replicated. These games also seem to be hated by everyone who don't play them haha.
    aspiring 3s player.
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    ^ You know who's a SFIV or V player?
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited November 2016
    Also what pisses me off is the severe lack of waifus in that image. Instead nearly everyone they chose on the Capcom side is some sort of Shonen Jump protagonist. You can tell whoever made these mockups only plays Ryu or Ken and watches a lot of Naruto.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

Put Decapre in Mahvel 4
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited November 2016
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Also what pisses me off is the severe lack of waifus in that image. Instead nearly everyone they chose on the Capcom side is some sort of Shonen Jump protagonist. You can tell whoever made these mockups only plays Ryu or Ken and watches a lot of Naruto.

You got Morrigan, Juri, and Jill. I'd add Tiffany Lords and Felicia. Possibly Poison if you replace Alex with Hugo. Maybe Rogue from Powerstone or one of the girls from EX Troopers

Marvel doesn't have any wife-able characters I can think of besides maybe Phoenix, Psylocke, X-23, and Halle Berry Storm

Shonen Jump would have more waifus to be honest with Botan, Nami, Nico Robin, Kaoru, Misao, etc.

You got Morrigan, Juri, and Jill. I'd add Tiffany Lords and Felicia. Possibly Poison if you replace Alex with Hugo. Maybe Rogue from Powerstone or one of the girls from EX Troopers

Marvel doesn't have any wife-able characters I can think of besides maybe Phoenix, Psylocke, X-23, and Halle Berry Storm

Shonen Jump would have more waifus to be honest with Botan, Nami, Nico Robin, Kaoru, Misao, etc.

Rogue, Black Cat, Scarlet Witch, Jubilee, Kitty Pride, to a certain extent Mystique, Invisible Woman
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,399
    edited November 2016

Mockingbird
    Emma Frost
    Kitty Pryde
    Jessica Drew
    Kate Bishop
    Magik
    Misty Knight
    Colleen Wing
    Jennifer Walters (but hey, if you have a Hulk fetish, good for you)
    Jessica Jones (but you'll have to fight Luke)
    Spider-Gwen
    Silk
    Crystal
    Medusa
    Monet
    Domino?
    ...Copycat?
    ...Lifeguard?
    ...Gwenpool?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    edited November 2016
    Black Cat
    What a wonderful woman

You don't read enough Marvel if you believe this.

I don't follow Marvel at all that's why I said that I could think of. Black Cat and Emma Frost are the best I've seen from Marvel. Their hot but they cant compare to the Capcom ladies.

Hopefully if there is a story mode in MvC4 it has a side story about best girls and waifus.

You don't read enough Marvel if you believe this.

Or he didn't watch the cartoons in the 90's

Cartoons are pretty much all I watched in the 90s (and all I watch today). That's how I learned about X-Men.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 544
    Speaking of female Marvel characters, if they wanted to go for a character choice that is really out of left field, they could throw in Elsa Bloodstone.
    latest?cb=20151119015906
    Rip sig.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
    Possible lack of X-Men disappoints because it means I can't make a team featuring the best team-up ever.
    19108607._SY540_.jpg
    edited November 2016

You got Morrigan, Juri, and Jill.

Yes, I know, I see them. I'm saying that's a tiny number.

Capcom loves their waifus, so they'd be sticking in a lot more than just three. Whoever made this image doesn't seem to realize that and just picked a cast with an overwhelming number of shonen protagonists like the ones he plays.

edited November 2016

You got Morrigan, Juri, and Jill.

Yes, I know, I see them. I'm saying that's a tiny number.

Capcom loves their waifus, so they'd be sticking in a lot more than just three. Whoever made this image doesn't seem to realize that and just picked a cast with an overwhelming number of shonen protagonists like the ones he plays.

UMvC3 had Morrigan, Felicia, Hsien-Ko, Jill, Trish, Tron, Chun, Viper, so your right there would definitely be more.

Morrigan, Jill, Trish, Juri, Tessa, and Ruby Heart isn't a bad start. I would like to see atleast a few more though.

The ones who look like Shonen protagonists are Dante, Batsu, Jin, Asura, Sanada, and Ryu but all of them are highly requested characters (except maybe Sanada) so I don't see the problem. Fighting game characters looking like anime characters isn't exactly a new thing and it certainly isn't a problem.

The problems I would have with that Capcom roster are
    - Two Red Earth characters is 1 to many. Keep Tessa since we need women and reove Leo.
    - They could at least do something different with the DMC characters. Maybe Lady instead of Trish.
    - Could use a few more females
    - Could use another villain or two

and that's about it. I'd like to see more than just Batsu and Arthur for their respective series, but I would be happy with just them as well.
    edited November 2016
    The ones who look like Shonen protagonists are Dante, Batsu, Jin, Asura, Sanada, and Ryu but all of them are highly requested characters (except maybe Sanada) so I don't see the problem. Fighting game characters looking like anime characters isn't exactly a new thing and it certainly isn't a problem.

No, you don't understand what I mean. The image shows a predilection for "badass edgy dudebro" characters.

edited November 2016

No, you don't understand what I mean. The image shows a predilection for "badass edgy dudebro" characters.

Oh yeah definitely, now what you were saying about waifus makes a lot more sense. The whole marvel side is exactly what a 15 your old would think is badass.

By the way whose the guy below Amaterasu?

Edit: never played Bionic Commando
    edited November 2016

Oh yeah definitely, now what you were saying about waifus makes a lot more sense. The whole marvel side is exactly what a 15 your old would think is badass.

By the way whose the guy below Amaterasu?

Edit: never played Bionic Commando

That's what Spencer looked like before the 2009 reboot. For some reason they gave him dreadlocks.

Even Deadpool says in a winquote that he looked cooler without the dreads. If he comes back he'd better have his classic design, and with a bazooka.

• GhostPizzaGhostPizza Joined: Posts: 125
    listen man we need more chars on capcom's side like jedah domah and we need to bring back anakaris. also we should have the option (like in skullgirls) to have custom assist or where u do the inputs for the move u want as an assist.
    edited November 2016
    It won't happen but I wanna see any Slam Masters character besides Haggar in this. The obvious choice would be Biff, or Gunloc if Guile makes the game. Scorpion would probably be the best fit for a MvC though. Jumbo Flapjack could be good as the game's obese character. A Slam Masters remake or a Capcom Wrestling game would be so good. They have more than enough characters for it.

Any Star Gladiator characters that could be good besides Hayato?
  • GhostPizzaGhostPizza Joined: Posts: 125
    It won't happen but I wanna see any Slam Masters character besides Haggar in this. The obvious choice would be Biff, or Gunloc if Guile makes the game. Scorpion would probably be the best fit for a MvC though. A Slam Masters remake or a Capcom Wrestling game would be so good. They have more than enough characters for it.

Any Star Gladiator characters that could be good besides Hayato?

im not sure but i always thought lady should have been included from dmc3 and im pretty sure with how much DMC4SE has done for capcom this year their probably considering adding her.
    June would probably be my pick too, Bilstein would be cool to see as well.

I forgot Muscle Bomber 2 gave everyone a lot more traditional fighting game movesets than the first game.

I want a remake so bad. Come on Capcom. At least give Haggar his proper theme song.

• NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878
    if T.U.M. isnt in this one ill skip it. i need The Gun (TM)
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878
    edited November 2016
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    edited November 2016
    It won't happen but I wanna see any Slam Masters character besides Haggar in this. The obvious choice would be Biff, or Gunloc if Guile makes the game. Scorpion would probably be the best fit for a MvC though. Jumbo Flapjack could be good as the game's obese character. A Slam Masters remake or a Capcom Wrestling game would be so good. They have more than enough characters for it.

Black Widow please. And then she puts on that striped little number she did in her ending and makes out with She-Hulk.

Black Widow please. And then she puts on that striped little number she did in her ending and makes out with She-Hulk.

How pissed would some people to see MvC4 Reveal Trailer - Black Widow, and its an obscure Capcom character from 20 years ago and not the Avenger.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 544
    If there's one thing I'm curious about Marvel 4 (ya know, assuming it's legit) is the music.

At first, most of Vanilla and Ultimate Marvel 3's soundtrack sounded very 'meh' imo, but most of them grew on me over time.

Any thoughts?
    Rip sig.

How pissed would some people to see MvC4 Reveal Trailer - Black Widow, and its an obscure Capcom character from 20 years ago and not the Avenger.

Exactly, which gives all the more reason to put her in.

This discussion has been closed.