MVC Infinite Lounge: We all girls until proven otherwise.

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited November 2016
    You know I always thought that Deadpool and She-Hulk potentially have power that goes beyond cosmic level because of their ability to break the fourth wall.

So if they were to say, influence the writing staff to just write anything they want them to, they might very well be unbeatable gods. This happened in "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe" where Deadpool went insane and literally killed everyone, including the cosmic entities. It'd be interesting to have a story where Deadpool snaps like this and the only one who stands a chance at stopping him is She-Hulk due to her also having fourth wall awareness.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    Mephisto for final boss.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How about 4v4? Normal Marvel 3v3 but both players get one extra character that is assist-only like in MvC1. The 4th character can be called out while in hit/block stun at a meter cost for a burst-like attack but can be baited out. 4th character can't die but has a much higher cooldown after use.

I don't see casuals being hype for a reduction in the amount of characters you can control.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,796
    If Thanos is in, I really hope they revamp his moveset. They can keep the Bubble, but get rid of everything else.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 78
    Bun MVC4 you already got all that and more on Hyper DBZ just straight download the free game and the IKEMEN online version and never look back simplez
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited November 2016
    How about 4v4? Normal Marvel 3v3 but both players get one extra character that is assist-only like in MvC1. The 4th character can be called out while in hit/block stun at a meter cost for a burst-like attack but can be baited out. 4th character can't die but has a much higher cooldown after use.

I don't see casuals being hype for a reduction in the amount of characters you can control.

4 v 4 for Marvel 4? Ok sure.

That's basically KOF 2000 / 1 with tags and DHCs

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GhostPizzaGhostPizza Joined: Posts: 125

4 v 4 for Marvel 4? Ok sure.

That's basically KOF 2000 / 1 with tags and DHCs

NO!!!!!!!!! for the last time FUCKING NO!!!! theres not enough buttons for 4v4 and for god sake 3v3 is fine as it's been nobody wants to spend a extra 30 seconds tryna take down a 4th char.
    Well the 4th character could just be like thr 3rd character in Marvel 1. They're not a 4th character just an extra special

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited November 2016
    I'd like variable team sizes. No other game has done that before and it'd be an interesting idea. You could have one really strong character or three normal-strength characters.

• ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    I'm wondering how honest some of these returning characters are going to be. I'd be really surprised of Wolverine's berserker slash still crosses up naturally and there'll probably be nerfs to Wesker's teleport. I think a lot of the canned baby's first mix up stuff will be gone. Hopefully the game is more about having to put things together to create mix ups than special moves that come with mix ups.
    Nerfing stuff is boring.

Give every char some broken stuff and game will be godlike.

One of the things that would have been godlike for MvC2 is if they created a MvC2 remix where they didn't touch the top 12 but made the lower cast more usable by giving them more options.
    edited November 2016
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    I'd like variable team sizes. No other game has done that before and it'd be an interesting idea. You could have one really strong character or three normal-strength characters.

skull girls did this.....

=)

*clears throat* Oh, did I leave a window open? The wind is making weird noises...

Something else they could do is put in the ability to customize your assists. Man, that'd be cool.

• ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    I hope assist characters are selectable/playable.

Anyone else felt kind of annoyed by how you had all those assist characters in MvC1 but couldn't actually use them?
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,579
    ElderGOD wrote: »

Anyone else felt kind of annoyed by how you had all those assist characters in MvC1 but couldn't actually use them?

what do you mean? the only assists are colossus and psylocke, and sometimes magneto if ur feeling frisky
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    If Thanos is in, I really hope they revamp his moveset. They can keep the Bubble, but get rid of everything else.

Fuck outta here. His hypercombos were amazing.

• ZageZage Joined: Posts: 41
    edited November 2016
    Love the Marvel series as a whole, but hated the shift from reset heavy gameplay to ToDs and raw damage output

Pyron/B.B Hood tho please.

• StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096

=)

*clears throat* Oh, did I leave a window open? The wind is making weird noises...

Something else they could do is put in the ability to customize your assists. Man, that'd be cool.

why are you so insecure? all you do is pretend other indie fighters are crap, while inserting a quip about your own game, pretending anyone who brings out your insecurity as low-lifes. At least your username is accurate. :|

just take a deep breath, go let your salty tears run free, realize your game will be crap, and move on.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 586
    ElderGOD wrote: »

This made me remember how bad I wanted Thor to be playable in MvC2 because of his MvC1 appearence.
    Fucker makes it in in 3 and sucked ass. Not Hsien-Ko/Ryu/Nemesis levels of ass, but he is kinda of ass.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    The people who work at Polygon don't give a fuck about reporting real news. The link does not provide anything we don't already know. I bet the writer just checked out Yoga flame's twitter and called it a day.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,833
    I would call Polygon trash but that would be insulting trash....
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    the said part being those people in neogaf actually taking it seriously. Maybe those reading skills constantly emphasized by my teacher have some use...
    aspiring 3s player.
    edited November 2016

=)

why are you so insecure? all you do is pretend other indie fighters are crap, while inserting a quip about your own game, pretending anyone who brings out your insecurity as low-lifes. At least your username is accurate. :|

just take a deep breath, go let your salty tears run free, realize your game will be crap, and move on.

*shrug* I honestly don't care what you think. You keep attempting to troll me with Skullgirls, I'll keep baiting you.

I love how the fact that I'm making a game apparently makes it an easy target.
    Post edited by PSYCH0J0SH on

• Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 949
    I hope Spiderman is good this time around.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    So, are you people ready for a MVC game that plays like smash?

Hell yeah, I love Smash.

Hecatom wrote: »
    So, are you people ready for a MVC game that plays like smash?

A marvel party game would be fun but i wouldnt take it very seriously
    King of the Post-09ers
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,294
    If it's a choice between no chance in hell of an MvC4 because of "No More Mutants" and y'all want X-Men because Wolverine OR give us MvC4 and not a single X-Man in sight; give me the damn game sans mutants. Marvel has a ridiculous amount of characters to choose from.

In other related news if this turns out tits up does that means the end of Polygon's press creds?
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
    edited November 2016
    Polygon is never 100 percent on anything, but when they do talk USUALLY something does happen, just not in the way they say it. Like how they made an article that got tore down very quickly suggest Rog would be the 3rd DLC character for SFV. He wasn't, but they at least put out the idea that the first DLC character was right down the road.

Too many people are talking at this point. We're getting an MVC4, it's just a matter of what kind.

A lot of people said that Xmen characters (especially Mag, Sent, Storm) weren't going to make Marvel 3, but they still made it. Odds aren't good, but don't be surprised if strings are pulled.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

Hard to miss him if she shows up.

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,796
    edited November 2016
    Well, I want to be wrong. I love the X-Men.

But their exclusion doesn't really change much for me. Marvel has a large universe, so others will get a chance to shine.

But no X-Men just seems weird.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • ChaudBlazeChaudBlaze The C is for Chaud Joined: Posts: 463
    I know it's celebrating 20 years. But who really wants MVC4 over CVS3???? How about celebrating 15 years of "The First Dream event of the 21st Century"
    because "Hardcore fans have been anticipating this event" and "the hopes, dreams of these warriors..." have been waiting for this for years!
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    Ant-Man on the game actually sounds like an awesome idea.

Imagine that hurtbox!!
  • CSword123CSword123 oh god OHGOD! why did I think this was a good idea? please... just- I'M SORRY!! Joined: Posts: 1,196
    If it is 2v2 +1 assist like MvC1, How are we gonna select an assist from a pool of say 100? You had to do funky button presses in 1. Man, I hope they straight up do a trading card thing and you scan in assists.
    KI: Jago
    GG: Chipp/Ky
    UMVC3: Team "Rider May Die" - Ghost Rider/Vergil/Dante
    Best KI community on the webs: www.killerinstinctonline.net
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    I would call Polygon trash but that would be insulting trash....

Never forget....Polygon did this article on some emperor: http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/18/3655956/triforce-johnson-the-worlds-most-patient-gamer-wii-u
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,488
    The only real worry I have about no X-Men is losing a lot of the air mobility that made 2 and even 3 fun. Magneto, Storm, Phoenix, and even Wolverine set the bar for movement in the series, so without them the game would be a lot more grounded. Sure, you'll have antics from Iron Man, Morrigan, and Thor (idk if Doom will make it either), but the lack of classic tri-dash pressure would be really weird.

That's not to say newcomers to the series won't have this, though. Nova, Dormmamu, and MODOK were all pretty mobile in their own ways. Someone like Wasp, Captain Marvel, or freaking Ultron could fill the void. Also having Arcade as a stage cameo or, god forbid, an actual character would be awesome.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,073 mod
    edited November 2016
    Hard to miss him if she shows up.

Even if we get a Wolverine, it'll likely be Laura, not Logan. Because if they're going to budge on the supposed "no X-Men" rule, it'll likely be to help push the changes they've done to the status quo.
    The only real worry I have about no X-Men is losing a lot of the air mobility that made 2 and even 3 fun. Magneto, Storm, Phoenix, and even Wolverine set the bar for movement in the series, so without them the game would be a lot more grounded. Sure, you'll have antics from Iron Man, Morrigan, and Thor (idk if Doom will make it either), but the lack of classic tri-dash pressure would be really weird.

That's not to say newcomers to the series won't have this, though. Nova, Dormmamu, and MODOK were all pretty mobile in their own ways. Someone like Wasp, Captain Marvel, or freaking Ultron could fill the void. Also having Arcade as a stage cameo or, god forbid, an actual character would be awesome.
    Well, what they could do is give the old tri-dash pressure and movement to other character, both new and returning. Maybe even to some on the Capcom side.

What I'm saying is, give me Bison with fly-mode and 8 way air dashing.
    ChaudBlaze wrote: »
    I know it's celebrating 20 years. But who really wants MVC4 over CVS3???? How about celebrating 15 years of "The First Dream event of the 21st Century"
    because "Hardcore fans have been anticipating this event" and "the hopes, dreams of these warriors..." have been waiting for this for years!
    Because the Marvel community is better at supporting supposed dead games. Heck, even Marvel 2 gets more play than CvS2 at this point.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,925 mod
    MrWiz cant ban anybody because by doing so he'd confirm the existence of the game. Basically nobody can do anything to this thread but let it play out.

No, i dont have any insider information. Just reminding people of what happened with mvc3
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited November 2016
    tridash pressure doesnt really exist in mvc3 like it did in 2. i dont really care about stuff like that, thats not what made marvel marvel. tbh id rather see a neutral game closer to marvel 1 than 2 anyways.
    King of the Post-09ers
    Pertho wrote: »
    MrWiz cant ban anybody because by doing so he'd confirm the existence of the game. Basically nobody can do anything to this thread but let it play out.

No, i dont have any insider information. Just reminding people of what happened with mvc3

Yup that was part of my ploy in making the topic. Banning would basically be a confirmation so, not banning is essentially no confirmation, but a place to push the idea that it's very possible.

• Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 372
    Must...not...accept...hype...until...word from Capcom...has...been...confirmed...
    Moonz prominent Marvel 3 player SPECULATING that Marvel 4 is real, but doesn't believe it will be shown at PSX.

The jist is he believes Marvel 4 is real just ALONE on the idea that Mr.Wizard tweeted about the game. Feels it's irrefutable evidence.

Rayray tweeted that he's ok with playing SFV and waiting 2 years. Which Moonz supposes that there is a 2 to 3 year development plan due to this and won't come out anytime soon due to that. Doesn't put as much weight in this as he does Mr.Wizard's tweet, but supposing.

Supposes that F.Champ is a strong source for suggesting why MVC4 won't be announced at Capcom Cup. F.Champ says that he thinks MVC4 will happen, but then questions whether it will be announced at Capcom Cup. Moonz believes this is basically code speak for nothing getting revealed at Capcom Cup.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,073 mod
    2nd post deleted for reasons. You know what that means boys.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Shit bad timing. I don't even remember what the second post was.

• locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,716
    Give us Capcom vs SNK 3 instead
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829