MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,664
    Still better than the fireball if you can find whoever can convert off of it. At least for now I'm sure Dante qualifies as one of those characters. Even with any shortcomings it seems far more useful than the regular fireball. Somebody like Dante can just use it to help take up space before he ports in and does shenanigans or lock them down coming in with a port into rain dance stuff

Now that I think about it I wonder if you could get a teleport out before the beam hit full screen. Would be decent mix up on wake up
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,881
    Wow, was just in reddit and saw a fair amount of people arguing FOR auto combos. FGC I don't know ye anymore.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,890
    Wow, was just in reddit and saw a fair amount of people arguing FOR auto combos. FGC I don't know ye anymore.

Was it in reference to this game? DBFZ has them as standard right now.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,881
    Yep, this game. DBFZ is not my concern.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    edited November 20
    @Evil Canadian Thanks for putting together the CapAm vids. Very helpful.

e4fc314d0db2520eed3aac778ff13e60--marvel-funny-avengers-marvel.jpg
    captain-america-gets-trolled.png
    PLEXIKLAS wrote: »
    I want to thank @Evil Canadian for all his vids, super helpful!

agreed man, I watch all your vids just because, good job.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    Was listening to your cap vid a little bit @Evil Canadian and came to the part about comboing off of hyper charging star. You actually don't need someone who can convert from full screen. All you need to do is tag a little early for anyone to combo from it.

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,180
    quicks wrote: »
    I would remind that we can't instantly bump a character up in potential for having any kind of aerial mobility and then not admit Ryu having an air dash would help.

It would obviously do something for him.

Ok so Ryu is "in" now what?????

What has it done exactly

It got him in. The rest is up to you.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 892
    edited November 20
    As long as auto combos aren't optimal, they literally don't affect the game at all. People crying about auto combos never made sense to me

Developers are getting creative in slowly forcing auto combos into the meta. DB FighterZ some auto combos have unique special moves attached to them you can't do outside of the auto combo such as Future Turnks side switch slash.

A cool ass iconic move with a practical use locked behind mashing X, genius! Thankfully nothing like that in Mahval
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,840 mod
    edited November 20
    Ryu can be good whether you give him an air dash or not. Notice how Haggar and Gamora are good without air dashes. Cap Am is basically a better Ryu without beams and doesn't need an air dash.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited November 20
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    As long as auto combos aren't optimal, they literally don't affect the game at all. People crying about auto combos never made sense to me

Developers are getting creative in slowly forcing auto combos into the meta. DB FighterZ some auto combos have unique special moves attached to them you can't do outside of the auto combo such as Future Turnks side switch slash.

A cool ass iconic move with a practical use locked behind mashing X, genius! Thankfully nothing like that in Mahval

Sorry meant negatively affect the game. Nothing wrong with having other options. I don't understand what the big difference between doing a chain combo that is abcd xx super dash >> abcd or doing aaaa Super dash >> aaaa.

Like I said before as long as it isnt optimal is doesn't even matter. All that trunks example does is give him the option to go for damage or go for an easy side switch from the auto combo

Not to mention there's probably a more optimized combo that can side switch with his command flip
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,445
    Was listening to your cap vid a little bit @Evil Canadian and came to the part about comboing off of hyper charging star. You actually don't need someone who can convert from full screen. All you need to do is tag a little early for anyone to combo from it.

ohhh shit, you are letting the tag hit. Its reflexive for me now to stop the tag-in person from hitting. That makes a lot more sense.

kof 14, choi's auto combo was the optimal

poor choi :(
    Yea I don't understand why they did that to choi lol
    Choi is usually really cheap in most of the games so I guess they felt he needed a break.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited November 21
    Wrong thread
    Post edited by flighflighflugit on
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,166
    If Ryu's tatsu was like mvc3 where it can cross up I would play him oh and I wish his beam super is small, honestly I just wish Ryu was a copy and pasted from mvc3 Lol
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 867
    Hero_Panda wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Capcom has been on a crusade of weeding out Ryu in their fighting games. You've already seen in happening between S1 and S2 of SFV and he's been a non-factor in MVCI from the start.

I'm calling it now, Ryu will not be in SF6.

Ryu nearly wasn't in SF3, Alex is the real main character.
    flicky wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Capcom has been on a crusade of weeding out Ryu in their fighting games. You've already seen in happening between S1 and S2 of SFV and he's been a non-factor in MVCI from the start.

Yes, and people shat all over that notion at loke tests, hence the return of the Shotos and later Chun-Li.
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 867
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    flicky wrote: »

Yes, and people shat all over that notion at loke tests, hence the return of the Shotos and later Chun-Li.

Chun... Yay! Best mirror ever... nothing like watching two Chun players poking each other.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ryu can be good whether you give him an air dash or not. Notice how Haggar and Gamora are good without air dashes. Cap Am is basically a better Ryu without beams and doesn't need an air dash.

Fuck giving him a regular air dash. Why not just give him an 8 way air dash?

ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    edited November 21
    Ouroborus wrote: »

Fuck giving him a regular air dash. Why not just give him an 8 way air dash?

The last character with an 8 way air dash that didn't have a flight mode was Viper. Who had a double jump and feints that let her essentially quad/quin jump. Means no real chance for that happening lol

Ryu with 8 way air dash, flight and still out of meta. Would love to see that in my lifetime.

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,336
    Obviously, Ryu just needs a homing air dash and a 1-button version of his rapid fireball as a command normal to capture the DBFZ crowd
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    Obviously, Ryu just needs a homing air dash and a 1-button version of his rapid fireball as a command normal to capture the DBFZ crowd

Seems like everyone needs that in that game.

• Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 538
    edited November 21

Ryu with 8 way air dash, flight and still out of meta. Would love to see that in my lifetime.

I would want it for the lols.
    Speaking of auto-combos, I thought I was the shit in MvC2 when I dominated the CPU on hardest difficulty doing nothing but auto combos with my team of Spiderman/Strider/Cable. I took that strat to the arcade and was doing farily well until my opponent did the ROM loop on me.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    i just dont understand why he doesnt have an evil ryu install.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
    edited November 21
    wakalaka wrote: »
    He will have the best invincible lvl 1 super reversal in the game once the patch drops. Not sure if it's his easy hyper super but if it is then yeah my votes on Nemesis.

His easy hyper is his rocket launcher super. I believe almost all of the easy hypers are the non invincible ones. Capcom likely did this on purpose to keep scrubs from mashing out high damage invincibility on you (not that it's much harder to do with motions).

To further emphasize on the best invincible level 1 thing, I tried some tests vs Arthur's level 3 which has some invincibility and then basically fills the screen with shit and gaps. It's basically the new Ammy THC if you tag and shit. Arthur's level 3 is still invincible on start up, but it's no longer 300 frames invincible like before. It actually has invincibility frames that weren't created by a 3 year old.

So for testing I did Nemesis activating his invincible level 1 first, then having Arthur do his level 3, Arthur won. If you can somehow get Nemesis' super to come out after Arthur's level 3, then he wins. If you do your level 1 first you lose. If you choose to block the super then mash super during the gaps, you can super during the gap but Nemesis will get hit unless he's right next to Arthur.

Then with Chun Li I tested and similar situation. Enough invincibility to win if she supers after the level 3, but before the level 3 she loses. If she chooses to block and supers through the gap, she can hit Arthur.

Then with Morrigan it's pretty OD. She has enough invincibility where even if she activates first, she still will beat his level 3 if he activates second. She can also easily super through the gaps on block. She will trade and get hit, but take maybe 10 percent life at most while Arthur will take about the same or take the full damage from the super if she did it in a specific range (not too close, not too far away).

Monster Hunter will win if she activates second or supers through the gaps like Chun.

Which means as far as overall invincibility and winning in different situations go, Morrigan's is pretty much the best that I've tested so far. The fact that it's a down down super makes it easier to input during freeze frames. Morrigan only loses to certain supers if they are activated second, but usually if she activates second she wins. That or activate a quick start up super first that she can't reverse in time. If she has time to activate a super odds are she will win, sometimes even if she activated first. It just sucks vs characters that have projectile counter moves/supers like Strange, Cap Am and Thanos.

Monster Hunter's is pretty good too especially since it's a cinematic level 1 which means the opponent can't tag and try to move around it and has a huge anti air box.

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,180
    I did a mock MvC3 moveset for Ken where his airdash was an 8-way tatsu. It wouldn't be insane for Ryu to get that. Mobility and one of his signature attacks in one.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,622
    Persona did auto combos pretty well. There were unique normals in the combo system.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,599
    *another Chris post ahead*

I think the main issue Chris has outside of bad mobility (that dash is slower than some heavies in the game lol) is that a lot of his specials take forever to finish, sometimes I like to do something like incendiary grenade into active switch for a setup, and like I can do the longest blockstring ever and Chris is still on screen and he gets hit and the setup is wasted due to grenade disappearing on hit.

I really feel like making some of his special moves have faster recovery would go a long way of improving him (pretty much everything except Magnum and combination punches), he just feels really clunky when it comes to "projectile" play due to how slow the start up and recovery frames (more so the latter) are, it especially hurts some setups with moves that should function like that (primarily his ground mine and incendiary grenade). Someone like Arthur can at least jump cancel his air moves

Either that, or they should make it so his aerial gun moves move him forward faster so he can apply better/more consistent pressure (I think the former suggestion of tweaking the frame data of his specials would be much better though, I'm more willing to sacrifice better mobility for better keepaway/space control/setup play which is what it feels like Chris should specialize at).
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

my guess would be cause Akuma is probably on the short list for future DLC
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7

Also being he's trying to eliminate that part of him, maybe instead the Install could be that Power of Mu he used in SFV's story climax...basically, he'll be Ultra Instinct Omen Ryu!
    I would like to use Chris but he doesn't work well with any of my 3 characters so I'll have to learn someone new along with him and probably a new stone.
    I would like to use Chris but he doesn't work well with any of my 3 characters so I'll have to learn someone new along with him and probably a new stone.

Well wait for bucky so he and chris can be team guns

Well wait for bucky so he and chris can be team guns

Actually I'm kind of hoping Bucky is more of a CQC type military guy with the occasional pistol thrown in.
    edited November 21
    It'll be interesting to see who's closest to guessing what the Marvel DLC will play like. I only saw the previews for Winter Solider, but yeah I saw that he had guns. I think I remember flight saying that he had some crazy Wesker/Jill type movement also, but not sure. Only thing I care about is that he has one liners with Spencer about robot arms. If that doesn't happen they might as well not release him.

Black Widow I could see being either Blue Mary like command sambo shit with some guns. Maybe some X-23/BP style acrobatics also.

Hopefully Venom still has venom fang. Other than that, they can do whatever they want with him. He's one of my old Marvel 1/2 favorites so the fact that he's in is good enough for me. I can get a Marvel character I actually care about now (other than Gamora who I'm liking now).

This discussion has been closed.