MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,958 mod
    Venom getting in makes up for the Dante bashing. Smoking sick nerfs.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    edited November 21
    So many complaining about Venom's voice.....am I the only one who's reminded of the 90s Spiderman cartoon? Its like the 90s Venom with a hint of Carnage maniacal laughter. I like it. He just needs distortion to the voice and its great.

edited November 21
    That video reminds me of the butthurt that would be caused if they went full MVC1 and brought back War Machine. With GWM activation level 3. No way they could sell War Machine as DLC though. Well...maybe.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,905
    So saw the trailer, don't see myself playing as any if them but I see some cool mechanics. Here's to the next season!
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,302
    That video reminds me of the butthurt that would be caused if they went full MVC1 and brought back War Machine. With GWM activation level 3. No way they could sell War Machine as DLC though. Well...maybe.

I mean War Machine is to Iron Man as Ken is to Ryu in Capcom fighters.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    So many complaining about Venom's voice.....am I the only one who's reminded of the 90s Spiderman cartoon? Its like the 90s Venom with a hint of Carnage maniacal laughter. I like it. He just needs distortion to the voice and its great.

Man that guess appearance from dorm and baron mordo. Too good, both of them using nothing but science lo
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,795
    sounds more like a carnage then venom...

• GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,766
    im butthurt about the voice because i expected more. i need to work at capcom. bleh.

im mad i didn't think that the patch update is also when the dlc drops. ugh

what is bw premium costume reference to?

THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Video further proves his voice in game is ass. Needs to be deeper and distorted like in 90s video.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 663
    edited November 21
    I wanted this guy back as Venom

Edit: got wrong link lol
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    edited November 21
    I will protect Venom like Evil Canadian protects Winter Soldier. Don't talk shit about Venom.

Winter Soldier and BW could use some touch ups, but Venom is the balance between life and death.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,234
    edited November 21
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    BuckyBlack Widow look BORING AS SHIT.

Seriously, we lost a Capcom slot for her. They should have given us Capcom's Black Widow. She would have been more interesting.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,793
    edited November 21

I'm a voice nerd, so please bear with me. For me, I have no problem with the voice, but I don't feel he fits Brock for a couple reasons:

-In my opinion, his voice is way too high for Eddie or Eddie bonded to the suit. Eddie's supposed to be a large, shouty man, even if they're making him younger, having a lower register for him would nicely contrast with Spidey's always youthful, energetic voice (gotta add to that dark inversion aesthetic)

-They also keep making Venom voices snake-like in modern cartoons and games and often have him do the ssssssssssssnake ssssssspeak. I remember someone saying the 90s cartoon voice had a sound like a crocodile breathing. I feel that's more of what they should be aiming for. Breathy, deep, powerful voice. I think Hank Azaria's 90s voice was perfect. He had a great Brock voice and the sfx were very slight, so the distortion didn't do all of the heavy lifting -- Azaria got the rage, mocking, and depressed tones perfectly and you could still hear all that when they did the mixing.

-I think the voice and delivery itself is quite okay, I think it would nicely fit the lizard or even DemoGoblin instead of BrockVenom actually. Nothing he said actually bothered me, it just, again felt like it would fit those characters more.

edit:
    thiagoeis wrote: »

I loved his take on Brock too! Fun fact, Spiderman PSX Venom was Daran Norris aka:
    675FairlyOddParents.jpg
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks sick but damn that VA is weird as fuck.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,033
    It’s like all the Dorm and Dante players are storming online, getting their last bit of goodness before the patch lol.
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    edited November 21
    Dorm is still cheap. You just can't block with projectiles the entire match with Dorm anymore. Once people figure out how to safely start spells it's going to be the same BS, just with a bit more of a chance to actually do something about it. Only the low rank Dorms that just super jump fly and activate will notice any issues.

Dante will probably feel like UMVC3 Dante now where he'll have cheap shit, but no one will mind anymore because it takes forever to actually kill you and your unoptimized combos will put a big dent in him.

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    edited November 21
    WE ARE VENOM.

Winter soldier looks cool. I like Chris but he isn't really that good.
    He seems like the Chris that I really wanted added with some Spencer elements.

Former Jill mains like myself love Black Widow. She is what I wanted in Black Widow.
    That said I can see why some consider her a wasted slot.

Venom - looks cool. The VA for Venom doesn't work though. He needs to sound more umm "bad-ass"?
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,669
    Surprised you guys think bw looks boring. Looks to me like she has an interesting toolset, unless people just mean visually.

I'm just a little upset that she isn't a jill function lol
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,368
    Weirdly hype about Winter Soldier. Mainly because the uppercut super where his fist scrapes along the ground is dank as hell. Venom looks great too. And I dont mind his cartoonishly bad voice.

Black Widow is
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    edited November 21
    Surprised you guys think bw looks boring. Looks to me like she has an interesting toolset, unless people just mean visually.

I'm just a little upset that she isn't a jill function lol

She looks like one of those characters that probably is fun to play once you sit them down and figure out how their tech works, but otherwise I feel you have to be a die hard BW fan to love that trailer representation. Nothing stood out that I haven't seen from other characters like her. I'm sure she'll seem a bit more unique once she's out in the wild.

• flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,669
    Think I just like pixie characters with mobility options. Her get over here move, air grab, and bomb are just icing on the cake
    Think I just like pixie characters with mobility options. Her get over here move, air grab, and bomb are just icing on the cake

same. team hot chicks is a gooooooooo

gamora/black widow in case you are wondering
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,190
    Lol at Bucky doing something that Cap absolutely should be doing with his shield.

They all look good, I'm pleased.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 663
    Shockdingo wrote: »

edit:
    thiagoeis wrote: »

I loved his take on Brock too! Fun fact, Spiderman PSX Venom was Daran Norris aka:
    675FairlyOddParents.jpg

Mother of God...
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    mind you guys we haven't seen everything yet. put down the torches and pitchfork.
    BUT RAISE THEM FOR RYU AND CHRIS BUFFSSSS AAAAHHHHH
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,366
    Jesus that was a shitty trailer. Chris got replaced, BW looks uninteresting, and why did Firebrand handle the dub for Venom? Only Capcom marketing can make a product look worse than it is lol

All in all, DLC wave 1 kind of sucked. If this was supposed to win people over after the shitty launch ... RIP
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    where did i hear about winter soldier throwing his guns at the opponent after its use?
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,172
    edited November 21
    GhostTear wrote: »
    mind you guys we haven't seen everything yet. put down the torches and pitchfork.
    BUT RAISE THEM FOR RYU AND CHRIS BUFFSSSS AAAAHHHHH
    Do you honestly believe that they'll step their game up at this point? Capcom will find a way to hit us with a bag of garbage after we praise them for the two good things that they're doing. I don't expect the next wave of dlc to be any better than this. Probably two garbage characters and one decent one that people want.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument Yo, this old man's a lancer. My real name is Hector. Have you heard of it? No? Well, nice to meet ya Joined: Posts: 1,922
    I like Black Widdow.

Can’t wait to get my hands on her in training mode.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like all 3.

As said before, Venom's voice resemble more Cletus Kassidy than Eddie Brock but his game is on point. Hopefully the voice can be fixed later.

Black Widow is more like her comics self than her movie self thankfully.

And Bucky, DAT BUCKY!!!

I want his Capt. America costume released in December. Bucky is absolutely sick and doing all that while wearing his Captain America is gonna be epic as all hell!!!

Great job by Capcom with the Season 1 DLC.

Now bring me Cyclops in Season 2.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    Cap and bucky's lvl 3 named the same thing?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,033
    Venom looks like he’s gonna be fun to play.

Widow is triggering my cheapometer though, so she may end up being the first one I try out.
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Venom looks great but yeah I can't get down with the voice, Smeagol sounding ass Venom is no bueno.

Widow seems meh but I'll give her a shot, her tools seem to be somewhat interesting.

WS is bleh.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 21
    Probably get up forward and upback or down forward and down back.

Bucky is such a Counter Strike/CoD Brotato character. Not big into fighting games? Here's all your guns. Don't wanna learn spacing? PIck up the super armor icon and just walk through people's shit. Then when you get close use your melee punch. Might as well have Mountain Dew and Doritos flying out of him.

LMAO!!! :lol:
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,429
    I see Po has made his return to the thread.

I thought you were staying out of this "hugbox" eh? :wink:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,795
    Bucky just shows how important presentation is. His gameplay looks boring, but I want to play him just because of that uppercut super.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,923
    It's Sony/MCU focused so maybe this Venom is the Topher Grace version.
This discussion has been closed.