MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,175
    I see Po has made his return to the thread.

I thought you were staying out of this "hugbox" eh? :wink:
    Lord Pimpus's spirit will guide me as the final anti-capcop force in this thread.
    May he rest in pieces.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    idgaf abt anything in life anymore

hurry up december 5th
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,626
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    Jesus that was a shitty trailer. Chris got replaced, BW looks uninteresting, and why did Firebrand handle the dub for Venom? Only Capcom marketing can make a product look worse than it is lol

All in all, DLC wave 1 kind of sucked. If this was supposed to win people over after the shitty launch ... RIP

Hey now Monster Hunter, Sigma, Black Panther and Venom (outside of his voice) have gotten nothing but a good reception from them, BW and WS are more mixed reactions but a 4/6 is still ok.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,934
    edited November 21
    The people who perseverate over the graphics at this point are goddamn weebs. I'm looking at people talking about how bad Black Widow looks (model wise, not movelist) and I'm here looking at her, then look at those people like De Bloo's Kobe avatar.

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,993 mod
    edited November 21
    Abigail was a super mixed reaction character and now people generally think he's fun to watch and one of the more interesting DLC characters. He's also probably the best tier wise (outside of Akuma) which helps his exposure.

Knowing Big Bodies though he will have one decent patch season and then Season 3/AE will nerf him into irrelevancy. We'll see where Bucky and Romonova go online and in the scene.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,811
    On the phone trying to increase my credit card limit to get my PS4 for Venom.
    kidding, it's for DBFZ
    Abigail was a super mixed reaction character and now people generally think he's fun to watch and one of the more interesting DLC characters. He's also probably the best tier wise (outside of Akuma) which helps his exposure.

Knowing Big Bodies though he will have one decent patch season and then Season 3/AE will nerf him into irrelevancy. We'll see where Bucky and Romonova go online and in the scene.

The public can't handle Big Bodies in Capcom games who aren't at the bottom. We saw it with Sentinel in Marvel 3 and we saw it with Hugo in Vanilla SFxT.

Abigail reception was bad because it was fucking EVO, and they used his VT model instead of regular one, increasing his uglyness a tiny bit.
    edited November 21
    Psychoblue wrote: »

The public can't handle Big Bodies in Capcom games who aren't at the bottom. We saw it with Sentinel in Marvel 3 and we saw it with Hugo in Vanilla SFxT.

Yeah it's sad. Like Capcom had the funniest excuse for why Sentinel was nerfed. Supposedly it was going to happen before launch, but they didn't have time. Like only Big Bodies can get bodied in secret before they actually get bodied.

People are mad that Abigail's hurt box doesn't match inch to inch with his body, but that's also a huge reason why he's not trash. It's generally a game where the hurt boxes are normalized any ways to keep character specific whiffs in neutral and combos from getting too out of hand (and just not caring to make old hit boxes that seemed to be fine before). Any big body that's actually a big hit/hurt box has automatic 3 7/2 8 bad match ups. You just can't take up that much box space without having tremendous neutral issues or are MVC2 Sent and basically a flying space ship.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

For me, it feels like Abigail's size fucks with me more than my opponent. I never know if they will cross up or not.
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 889
    Winter Soldier and Venom look sick, Black Widow, meh! Waste of a slot if you ask me, Capcom must be super salty, like "you made us sacrifice CapCom over this Jill wannabe function?" 2C and 4M is a bit bullshit, thanks feminists. Venom is fap material though, blue costume go to standard.
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 277
    I just want cyclops and wolverine. Someone please tell me we might get them.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,209
    Feminist have no influence on this game, trust me. Many things would be different in that case.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    edited November 21
    Maravilla wrote: »

It's looking rough. This is a Disney/MCU Marvel based game which purposely omits X Men out of everything they do. The story also has 0 references to X Men other than Valkanda which is really only referenced because BP is the protector of Wakanda and no reference to Storm. The game basically shouts at you that it's a fighting game version of all of the Robert Downey movies that have 0 X dudes in them (with some extra comic reference)

Like Wolverine was temporarily a part of the Avengers (which is why he was in the SNES War of the Gems game), but no reference to that in Infinite.

Basically outside of a miracle I can tell you that you will not get them. Good side to that is more characters that would have been in like a Marvel vs SF or Marvel Super Heroes 2 will make Infinite. Bad news is no eye laser function (unless Ryu counts as one)

Feminist have no influence on this game, trust me. Many things would be different in that case.

Are you sure? Look at how Chun was treated in the first build and think to yourself, "Maybe someone felt she was too beautiful and not representative of what women who fight actually look like?"
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    Maravilla wrote: »

I don't want to straight lie to your face.
    I want you to be happy so I will lie.
    Yes, we'll be getting Cyclops and Wolverine!
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 409

Are you sure? Look at how Chun was treated in the first build and think to yourself, "Maybe someone felt she was too beautiful and not representative of what women who fight actually look like?"

You are reading waaaay too much into it.
    Occam's razor say "game had a small budget and they try to cut it on quality model where they could." It's funny that it ended up spun as "marvel asked the character to be the prettiest" whereas it most likely was "Marvel didnt accept they character looked like horroshow spencer and shitface morrigan".
    flicky wrote: »
    Winter Soldier and Venom look sick, Black Widow, meh! Waste of a slot if you ask me, Capcom must be super salty, like "you made us sacrifice CapCom over this Jill wannabe function?" 2C and 4M is a bit bullshit, thanks feminists. Venom is fap material though, blue costume go to standard.

What if the Battle for the Stones prize is picking a Capcom character to make it into the game? Marvel is too anal to let them do it.
    The novel prize for winning SFV Capcom Cup is you get to HELP design a costume for a character of your choice. The chances of them letting you choose a whole character is slim to none. Plus you would be forever accursed if you picked someone stupid like Decapre.

edited November 21

Are you sure?

Yes I'm sure. I can spot a progressive influence from a mile away. None exists in this game, not even accidental.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,295

...What does that even have to do with feminism? I thought the hetero dudes were the one who fap to women that look good.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else

...What does that even have to do with feminism? I thought the hetero dudes were the one who fap to women that look good.

That's not even the worst character model conspiracy theory I heard.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    edited November 21
    Why do people keep saying bw is a jill function. What does she have that jill does besides speed?

Jill functions in BW include:

- Hair
    - Tight body
    - Body Suit/Bio suit thing
    - Flippy/Grabby CQC ish stuff
    - Weapons (although admittedly not any straight gun functions)
    - Archetypically very mobile while being a girl in a suit
    - That's probably about it

Gameplay wise they seem pretty different, but aesthetically people could pull some things. The crazy part about Jill is that people are talking about MVC3 Jill, but MVC2 Jill is like a whole nother thing. I'd love for them to put MVC2/OG Jill in just so we can have more GUNZ and zombies

edited November 21

It was more in line with ugly people being upset at how good Chun usually looks and asking that her face get nerfed in MVCI, so the opposite.

At any rate, the ship has been righted. I was playing MVCI last month with one of my sister's friends at a function he was hosting, she saw Chun and said "Chun looks really nice!"
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,368
    All of the DLC characters look unique and seem to bring some different. I can't wait to check these guys out more they look really awesome.
    They did a good job fixing up Chun. She fits the art style without looking like her eyes are about to fall out of her face anymore.

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,295

It was more in line with ugly people being upset at how good Chun usually looks and asking that her face get nerfed in MVCI, so the opposite.

At any rate, the ship has been righted. I was playing MVCI last month with one of my sister's friends at a function he was hosting, she saw Chun and said "Chun looks really nice!"

A girl liked a female 3D model
    feminazism confirmed
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    The novel prize for winning SFV Capcom Cup is you get to HELP design a costume for a character of your choice. The chances of them letting you choose a whole character is slim to none. Plus you would be forever accursed if you picked someone stupid like Decapre.

Well, actually, I'm glad I'm wrong. The amount of SF characters in the dlc poll makes me wanna vomit. If that's what the FGC wants the most, it's better that way.

Your sister's friend didn't say that.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 170
    Maximum Carnage was the hardest fucking game from my childhood.

Never beat it, furthest I got was some train level and firestorm showed up as an assist.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro ゾインクス! ゾインクス! Joined: Posts: 959
    Venom looks fucking beautiful. His voice is strange though. Winter soldier looks okay but generic and boring as expected. Black Widow looks like some second life character lmao. How can something brand new look so dated?
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,442
    willseless wrote: »
    kidding, it's for DBFZ

Is,that the baby of goku and trunks??? God dbz got dumb as fuck in glad I got out of that shit 19 years ago
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    willseless wrote: »
    kidding, it's for DBFZ

Is,that the baby of goku and trunks??? God dbz got dumb as fuck in glad I got out of that shit 19 years ago

Goten, Goku's youngest kid. Goku knew he was going to kick the bucket with Cell, so he got all the pussy he could before that.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,918
    Reading so many people hating Venoms voice almost makes me want to play him LOL
    I like his voice actually....but that kind of plays into my habit of liking the most annoying shit.
    Yeah I never beat it either. Didn't care because I could play as fucking Venom and that's all that mattered.

I forgot about the assists they were cool. Venom webbing the baddies and punching them in the face was so good. Then getting your flex on crawling on the buildings like a bodybuilder that just learned how to scale tall buildings.

This discussion has been closed.