MVC Infinite Lounge: Gamora lives. JEDAH Lives. MARVEL LIVES

DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEFJoined: Posts: 54,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
Current "rumored/leaked" Marvel/Capcom list from Lupinko (courtesy of 4chan)

Lupinko has been dropping hints all day about new characters for the roster

>Roll
>Protoman
>Gwenpool
>Howard the Duck
>Hunter (Monster Hunter)
>Groot
>Kamala Khan
>Edward Falcon
>Asura

For those that wanted the next crack, it may be back.

E7RVxZR.jpg

P4DSaqU.jpg

Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,811
    It will have 4 buttons because pad warriors can't take all our 6 buttons swag.
    2v2 with assist, are we back to the original MvC?
    (Also there's one too many Bs in the title Jin)
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,625
    The fact that Mr.Wiz hasnt banned anyone for making threads about it tells me this rummor is not true.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,826 mod
    2v2 plus 1 assist (hopefully limitless) would be pretty dope. Next week is gonna be something.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lupinko has spoken. He never trolls. Once he speaks, Marvel comes forth.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

Lupinko has spoken. He never trolls. Once he speaks, Marvel comes forth.

What did he say?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

It's in the first post.

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 577
    expectation_rising.exe
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If it's real, would it have mutants?
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,811
    It rather looks like a teaser trailer, not a poster.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,587
    edited November 2016
    I can't imagine a Marvel game with no X-Men.

Still, if I get Captain Marvel, I'd be fine. With the way she's being utilized in the Marvel Universe, as well as having a movie coming soon, she's a given.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    My only big issue with no Xmen is that a lot of interesting female characters in the series have been Xmen based. Marvel as a company and especially within the games is pretty much a sausage fest. Marvel Super Heroes had Psylocke as the only girl and was an Xmen. MSH vs SF had zero Marvel females. Marvel vs. Capcom had zero Marvel females. Marvel vs Capcom 2 basically added other more obscure female Xmen like Marrow and everyone otherwise more Marvel sausage fest. Marvel vs Capcom 3 again only females are Storm and X-23.

So basically no X Men = sausage fest. Even the Civil War movie only has Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (who's essentially a bio enhanced human being, nothing crazy). I imagine they may be on deck just to have some different chromosomes on the Marvel front. Would like to see Strange come back and Vision would be dope.

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Still, if I get Captain Marvel, I'd be fine.

What if it isn't Carol?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,774
    I sure don't miss Psylocke from Marvel 2. Fuck her and her constat PSYEKRASS shouting. GOD, SHUT THE FUCK UP
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    That plus storm HO HOing is music to the ears.

Psylocke has been amazing since CotA, shun the non-believers.

Only True Believers are allowed here. Stan Lee said so.

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 577
    Taking out the X-Men and/or Fantastic Four franchises because of the Fox shit would suck. The series began with a X-Men only game, then it expanded. Dr. Doom is one of the most important villains in the Marvel universe, the character is really important.

Anyways, gimme my boy Gambit, my bro Cyclops and my waifu Psylocke back. Rogue, Colossus and Iceman are welcome too.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,319
    Psylocke has been amazing since CotA, shun the non-believers.

Only thing amazing about Psylocke is the booty, the rest of her can get benched.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 351
    I both hate and love you PervyJin.
    The only one thats a problem is fat retarded squirrel girl.

Sexy squirrel girl or no squirrel girl.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    2v2 + assists would be amazing. MvC1 already did that, and MvC2 was generally played as if you had 2 point characters and an assist. MvC3 tried to get around that with X-Factor, but you still had characters only played for their assist (Doom mainly) and a lot of people just didn't enjoy eating a reverse OCV because of X-Factor. The game generally turns into 2v2 anyway, might as well balance around it.

Also, this means a smaller playable roster, which takes some of the pressure off of Capcom. Maybe we'll get more character-specific installs like SFV's V-Trigger mechanic? We already had a lot of those as supers in MvC3 (Astral Vision, Denjin Ryu, Devil Trigger) so it makes sense.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    I was right about 8 SF2 characters, 4 Alpha characters and 4 new characters launching SFV. I was also right about SFV getting 5,000 people at Evo and surviving the casual crisis. I'll be right about this.

I was also right about Ibuki being the next character to be revealed after Guile. Based Haunts wouldn't lie.

Yeah, but I got 2 words for you.
    Donald Trump
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,774
    Jin I absolutely love you for being the memelord you are. It's hilarious. Keep it up. Cheers
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,444
    She-Hulk and Deadpool are already confirmed.

Still, I'd better see Juggernaut.
    edited November 2016
    I was right about 8 SF2 characters, 4 Alpha characters and 4 new characters launching SFV. I was also right about SFV getting 5,000 people at Evo and surviving the casual crisis. I'll be right about this.

I was also right about Ibuki being the next character to be revealed after Guile. Based Haunts wouldn't lie.

Donald Trump

She won the popular vote so I was only partly wrong and somewhat right. Country boys got the Trump in. A recount for key states is in progress.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    No X-Men character already screams fake. Hard to believe a versus game can happen when the only reason why the versus game exists is because CotA was the core of said series.
    edited November 2016
    No X-Men character already screams fake. Hard to believe a versus game can happen when the only reason why the versus game exists is because CotA was the core of said series.

There isn't anything saying no X Men characters, but things change. COTA isn't even really anything much like what Marvel is now. Marvel 3 already pushed a large part of the Xmen cast out of Marvel in favor of other parts of the universe. The purge of Xmen characters within Marvel is very real and if you open your eyes you can very much see it. Xmen COTA was made literally 20 years ago. A LOT of things change in 20 years. Red Ranger is in jail, Yellow ranger is dead and Pink Ranger is still cute.

With that said, that still doesn't guarantee that they can't jump through some loopholes to get Mag and Wolvie in.

• <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    What did Lupinko say last time again
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    What he said just now is in the first post.

What time are you asking for?

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,587
    I wonder if tech rolling will be back in to escape out of OTG situations. A strong emphasis was on the OTG combos in MVC3 where certain guys could take a shit, get a drink of water, and then combo (Nova's air throw) you right after. I feel like adding tech rolls like MVC2 would be great, since you'd at least be able to get yourself out of the situation...assuming you guessed right.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    About Marvel 3 related stuff
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,444

Donald Trump

She won the popular vote so I was only partly wrong and somewhat right. Country boys got the Trump in. A recount for key states is in progress.

Yeah, here's how that's going to go down.

edited November 2016
    About Marvel 3 related stuff

Without linking stuff he basically revealed a large portion of the Marvel 3 roster and the game itself. He also leaked UMVC3 after it was originally labeled with fake pictures as "Marvel vs Capcom 3 X". Those pictures I even used as avatars during the end of Vanilla.

UMVC3 leak from Lupinko

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20365&p=1134758

Rumors of a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 expansion have been bandied about for a long time now, given Capcom's track record and the lack of post-release DLC characters for the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Now "lupinko", a source who leaked MVC3's roster, is saying said game is real, and will be shown off at Comic-Con this weekend. He's since been backed up by rumors from other sites, and it's now considered a given that at the very least Capcom will be announcing some new content for MvC3 (their schedule mentions "the future of the game"), if not an entire expansion a la Super Street Fighter IV.

There isn't anything saying no X Men characters, but things change. COTA isn't even really anything much like what Marvel is now. Marvel 3 already pushed a large part of the Xmen cast out of Marvel in favor of other parts of the universe. The purge of Xmen characters within Marvel is very real and if you open your eyes you can very much see it. Xmen COTA was made literally 20 years ago. A LOT of things change in 20 years. Red Ranger is in jail, Yellow ranger is dead and Pink Ranger is still cute.

With that said, that still doesn't guarantee that they can't jump through some loopholes to get Mag and Wolvie in.

It's not the idea that CotA doesn't play anything like what Marvel is, but what X-Men is to Marvel itself. Remember that the versus series came out during a time where Marvel was very X-Men heavy and for good reason. Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, Phoenix saga, etc. Yes, Marvel did force out a large amount of X-Men characters in MvC3 but we can see that they were pushing their agenda with the movies. A lot of the characters involved got their own movie or was focusing on a some what relevant plot point in the comics. It goes without saying that the roster was met with much disdain as well. And it's also not about keeping Magneto and Wolverine in, but including some of the much missed veterans of the series(Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jugg) and hopefully seeing some new ones.

The X-Men series is largely varied with different kinds of mutants you could include. Why exclude them?
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,938 admin
    CoTA was the core of the series because they were reusing character designs: the Vs series (until mvc3) was cannibalized from all the previous games they made.

Variable rolling (MvC1) was where it's at. None of this "don't roll and get OTG'd, roll and get wrecked" nonsense.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

edited November 2016

It's not the idea that CotA doesn't play anything like what Marvel is, but what X-Men is to Marvel itself. Remember that the versus series came out during a time where Marvel was very X-Men heavy and for good reason. Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, Phoenix saga, etc. Yes, Marvel did force out a large amount of X-Men characters in MvC3 but we can see that they were pushing their agenda with the movies. A lot of the characters involved got their own movie or was focusing on a some what relevant plot point in the comics. It goes without saying that the roster was met with much disdain as well. And it's also not about keeping Magneto and Wolverine in, but including some of the much missed veterans of the series(Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jugg) and hopefully seeing some new ones.

The X-Men series is largely varied with different kinds of mutants you could include. Why exclude them?

That's great, but evidence is heavily pointing to Xmen getting phased out of all parts of media. It's a reality and that reality will again show up in 4 as it did in 3. They may be able to work some loopholes, but expect Xmen characters to struggle to get in at best. If anything there is even more Marvel universe movie characters they can push now that Disney is going absolute HAM with the movies.

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,986
    Don't care just gimme my sword users, Dante, Zero, Vergil, Strider, etc. Just figured if 'Te comes back it'd be the shittier one from DmC... oh well gimme that dude anyway. Swords, swords and more swords
    edited November 2016
    Sword charaters can never be worst than high mid tiers or end up being great DHC's or assists so sword characters should be good to go in V. Unless they do some crazy shit like add huge vulnerable hurt boxes to weapon characters like other games that have come out tend to do (SFV Vega, KI Hisako/Glacius).

Hopefully they do go back to hit boxes. Hit bubbles created such a lack of nuance in the neutral game. Very black or white hit detection. Projectile games were so varied with all of the different types and durability points and then you just have Wolverine c.L, pizza cutter and helm breaker.

Disney is indeed going crazy with these movies but note that Gambit is having his own standalone movie incoming. Logan is also on the way. A standalone Gambit movie incoming and NO inclusion of Gambit? That doesn't even make sense. Consider that Deadpool, Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket Raccoon received movies and/or TV shows following the game. Besides a few curveballs, yes. All the other ones were either obvious or interconnected some way. There won't be any loopholes. Either X-Men characters are involved or there is no Marvel 4. I don't think there can be a middle area, really. But we'll find out soon enough.
    edited November 2016
    Disney is indeed going crazy with these movies but note that Gambit is having his own standalone movie incoming. Logan is also on the way. A standalone Gambit movie incoming and NO inclusion of Gambit? That doesn't even make sense. Consider that Deadpool, Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket Raccoon received movies and/or TV shows following the game. Besides a few curveballs, yes. All the other ones were either obvious or interconnected some way. There won't be any loopholes. Either X-Men characters are involved or there is no Marvel 4. I don't think there can be a middle area, really. But we'll find out soon enough.

Xmen characters will be included, just like Preppy and I are saying a huge roster of your favorite Xmen characters is extremely unlikely and it'll most likely just be absolutely vital Xmen characters or Gambit since he has a movie coming. The same or less sized inclusion of Xmen characters as Marvel 3 is very likely.

It is just simply true that you can create a huge list of Xmen characters that have zero chance of making it due to Marvel's current state.

Yeah, that's fine. I was just saying the whole "No X-Men characters" statement in that leaker's source was ridiculous.
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, that's fine. I was just saying the whole "No X-Men characters" statement in that leaker's source was ridiculous.

Right. Just like any leak or reveal there is some stuff that is projected and not all of it becomes true. Even Lupinko projected characters that didn't make Marvel 3, but just definitely assumed right when he mentioned Strider and Phoenix Wright. There was a sizeable amount of people who suggested that Strider had about no chance of making Marvel 3, but he made it in.

I don't suspect that Marvel 4 will be a 2 on 2 thing. Marvel being a 3 on 3 thing is pretty much a classic identity of the series after 2 and not something they would likely revert to Marvel 1 or classic vs SF status. Having 0 Xmen characters also does seem out of play. People didn't get taken for a 2v2 ride. They got taken for a 3v3 ride. Most likely just extra side rumors being thrown that may not come to phase.

SFV as another example I believe the guy who leaked a character roster didn't have Vega in his list.

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,986
    Sword charaters can never be worst than high mid tiers or end up being great DHC's or assists so sword characters should be good to go in V. Unless they do some crazy shit like add huge vulnerable hurt boxes to weapon characters like other games that have come out tend to do (SFV Vega, KI Hisako/Glacius).

Hopefully they do go back to hit boxes. Hit bubbles created such a lack of nuance in the neutral game. Very black or white hit detection. Projectile games were so varied with all of the different types and durability points and then you just have Wolverine c.L, pizza cutter and helm breaker.

Hmmm they tended to dominate footsies, in a game like Marvel 3, it only took a single poke to convert into a kill combo into a 4-way, layered, meaty mixup on incoming.

That's one aspect they'll likely look to change whilst maintaining the crazy. Bigger aspect on neutral game, more way to guarantee that both players do get to play.