MVC Infinite Lounge: Monster Hunter is U N G G A W A I F U 4 U N G G A L A I F U

Comments

• shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,832
    edited April 26
    The ending on that video lol.

Is that super that Thor does at ~4:10 really his Lv 3? If the max bar is 4 levels, Thor would have only consumed Two and 4/5 super meter. Clearly, that thing is dealing way too much damage to just be a Lv 1, so perhaps there are also Lv 2 supers in this game. Or this is just beta footage and I'm overanalyzing.
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,162
    Gameplay looks like Marvel version of SFxT.
    Hope graphics improve but I'm fine with it.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »

Second time seeing this today. I don't see SFxT at all.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,162
    /shrug
    It's mostly in how I see the characters switching. Maybe it's actually more like TvC, but I never played that.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    echelonNYK wrote: »

The tag seems like a modified version of sfxt/ttt2 imo.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,524 mod
    For reboot of the series I hate that there is nothing original about the game yet, everything looks borrowed from another game. And it doesn't even looked like its done better or well.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,211
    Anyone notice Chris' ammo system on the side. Looks like it's limited. Possibly has to reload sorta like Ibuki does with kunai's.

Either way, looks like Marvel to me. More TVC than MVC3, but that's cool.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    With the lower damage, game might end up being more like MvC2 where it's more about resets than TOD combos.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    /shrug
    It's mostly in how I see the characters switching. Maybe it's actually more like TvC, but I never played that.

Looks to be a mashup of tvc/sfxt tbh
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,227
    edited April 26
    FINALLY, I DON'T HAVE TO SIT THERE AND EAT AN INFINITE COMBO! Actually, the counter switch doesn't break the combo, just tags in your other character so you can force your opponent to drop the combo? But I'm guessing there will be ways to counter this, maybe when you try to attack someone mid combo they activate super or tag in their partner... This is actually a really cool way of implementing team dynamics.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,645
    d3v wrote: »
    Fuck it, the game has free tag in in block, which is the kind of brokenness I was hoping for when the new system was announced.

Doing it might limit your tag amount during the combo, like, using Ultron/Strider as an example, Ultron tags into Strider to mixup, Strider open you up, do his combo, tag into ultron to finish, but it will do less damage than Ultron opening you up by himself, tagging Strider in to continue the combo, and tagging Ultron back again, so it might be a bit more balanced. But nothing stops those dirty mixups on hit though.
    This game is really shaping up to be fun to play, balanced, and allowing some creativity. You can give Hulk free air dash. That's what I was looking for with the gem system.
    Now they only need to polish these horrible graphics and visual in general, like less zoom and better hud.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited April 26

Then you're either blind or don't remember what SFXT looked like. I'm seeing the same janky ass animations and combos that send people flying in the wrong direction, as well as the same tagging system.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    edited April 26
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Then you're either blind or don't remember what SFXT looked like. I'm seeing the same janky ass animations and combos that send people flying in the wrong direction, as well as the same tagging system.

What SFxT looked like is nowhere near as important as what SFxT played like. And this does not seem to play like SFxT at all.
    With the lower damage, game might end up being more like MvC2 where it's more about resets than TOD combos.

Provided people don't manage to break the game. But then again, nobody's ever managed to break a Marvel-game.

That being said, resets are more fun than ToDs.
    Naeras wrote: »

What SFxT looked like is nowhere near as important as what SFxT played like. And this does not seem to play like SFxT at all.

You're right, it seems to somehow be worse.

edited April 26
    willseless wrote: »
    Fuck it, the game has free tag in in block, which is the kind of brokenness I was hoping for when the new system was announced.

Doing it might limit your tag amount during the combo, like, using Ultron/Strider as an example, Ultron tags into Strider to mixup, Strider open you up, do his combo, tag into ultron to finish, but it will do less damage than Ultron opening you up by himself, tagging Strider in to continue the combo, and tagging Ultron back again, so it might be a bit more balanced. But nothing stops those dirty mixups on hit though.
    This game is really shaping up to be fun to play, balanced, and allowing some creativity. You can give Hulk free air dash. That's what I was looking for with the gem system.
    Now they only need to polish these horrible graphics and visual in general, like less zoom and better hud.

There seems to be a cooldown on tags. Might be different depending on the situation. That said, it could still lead to some very grimy situations, especially if it's more reset focused.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,129
    game is probably optimised so that it can also be played on IOS and Android. Would explain alot of things..
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    I'm trying to spot what the limit is on the stones. So far I gather that the time stone lets you do an invincible forward dash/teleport, space does a weird black-holey thing that sucks the other player closer to you, and power stone increases damage.

Near the end of the video chris uses the time stone twice(scream TIME STONE LEEEL) but I don't see it consume any meter or infinity stone gauge. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Too bad we didn't get any footage of X but now that I've finally seen the game in motion I think it looks good. Music sounds like the same overproduced technoey garbage from umvc3. I was really hoping for the style to go back to what it was in the original mahvel.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ultron apparently didn't get the memo about no assists.

Well, he's a badass villain.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 884
    edited April 26

Quick question - Who came in your cereal?
    Seriously, at this point the gameplay looks nice enough and it's like you realised that most people agree with you in that the graphics are lacking at the moment so you thought "Better shit on the gameplay". The gameplay has a tagging system which functions with some similarities to SFxT. Then it adds air combos, otg's, relaunches and some crazy shit for the Gems. Right now I'm thinking about doing Ouroborus stuff while my opponent is trapped in a box thanks to the Space Gem and you're like "This game looks awful in every way".
    We get it, you're not impressed.

@Citrus_monkey - The minor activations don't use any resources (As far as I can see) so you can use the Time Stone dash or Power Stone wall bounces but it's the big crazy shit that turns the stage into your Gem's associated colour that use the Gem bar.
    I'm trying to spot what the limit is on the stones. So far I gather that the time stone lets you do an invincible forward dash/teleport, space does a weird black-holey thing that sucks the other player closer to you, and power stone increases damage.

Near the end of the video chris uses the time stone twice(scream TIME STONE LEEEL) but I don't see it consume any meter or infinity stone gauge. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Too bad we didn't get any footage of X but now that I've finally seen the game in motion I think it looks good. Music sounds like the same overproduced technoey garbage from umvc3. I was really hoping for the style to go back to what it was in the original mahvel.

It's free. Chris does it at the beginning of a match. but it seems the time stone only dashes forward, if not, it's only horizontal dash.
    Zachara wrote: »

Seriously, at this point the gameplay looks nice enough and it's like you realised that most people agree with you in that the graphics are lacking at the moment so you thought "Better shit on the gameplay". The gameplay has a tagging system which functions with some similarities to SFxT. Then it adds air combos, otg's, relaunches and some crazy shit for the Gems. Right now I'm thinking about doing Ouroborus stuff while my opponent is trapped in a box thanks to the Space Gem and you're like "This game looks awful in every way".

@Citrus_monkey - The minor activations don't use any resources (As far as I can see) so you can use the Time Stone dash or Power Stone wall bounces but it's the big crazy shit that turns the stage into your Gem's associated colour that use the Gem bar.

I think he pretty much mentioned somewhere that he doesn't like grimy Mahvel play, and the game as it is right now is full of hints of that grimy Mahvel play.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403

For the most part, SFxT v2013 had good gameplay, some obvious issues aside. Everything else about that game was shit, but I enjoyed the gameplay more than any other post-SFIV Capcom Fighter.

Also comparing a fast-paced airdasher with a methodical, footsie-based game is like comparing apples and oranges. They won't be anything alike.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 884

I think he pretty much mentioned somewhere that he doesn't like grimy Mahvel play, and the game as it is right now is full of hints of that grimy Mahvel play.

You mean the shit the rest of us tend to play Mahvel for?
    Well if that's the case then surely SFxT would be ideal for them then?
    B-b-b-but gems was bad on SFxT!
    The space stone seems like a perfect fit for a comeback mechanic with teleport characters. Just build half of the bar, activate it and go ham.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,211
    Apparently there might be a connection between the Soul Gem and the dead character remaining on the screen.

If that could be used to revive them....oh shit.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • JaxxxJaxxx Joined: Posts: 941
    edited April 26
    Strider might need a specific gem to return Ouroboros to it's former glory...maybe morrigan does too w/ astral vision
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,234
    Does have that mobile fighting game vibe to it. Looks cheap and bland. Still seems a lot like mvc3, which I hated, but probably a good thing for most of you.

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,227
    I think I won't mind the dirtiness so much now that there is an escape option...
    edited April 26

I don't think you do get it. The game play does look like absolute shit, more of the same practically nonexistent neutral game with a heavy focus on never ending combos and resets. The animations are jank as fuck and dont make any sense with characters flying in directions opposite from the ones indicated by the attacks they get hit with, which gives it a really sloppy look and makes the gameplay messy (how the fuck are you supposed to make sense of a downward kick that makes you go flying diagonally up? Unpredictable trajectories make for a very unfun and kusoge-esque combo system that's hard to track and make things connect). The rest of it, I get it, you want stuff that looks busted on principle, sure. But the gameplay itself looks amateurish and awful, like they got a bunch of newbie unity devs to try and make a Marvel game and said "eh, good enough" at what they eventually made.

TvC looks a million times better than this janky garbage and it's a huge disappointment that it's not gonna be anything like it.

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 777
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    Thor's lvl 3 looked better in mvc3.

I don't know, i kinda dig the new one and the fact they are using blue electricity this time.

And Hawkeye does have a new lvl 3, wonder what that means for Ant-Man.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!