MVC Infinite Lounge: Monster Hunter is U N G G A W A I F U 4 U N G G A L A I F U

Comments

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,074
    No X-Men character already screams fake. Hard to believe a versus game can happen when the only reason why the versus game exists is because CotA was the core of said series.

There isn't anything saying no X Men characters, but things change. COTA isn't even really anything much like what Marvel is now. Marvel 3 already pushed a large part of the Xmen cast out of Marvel in favor of other parts of the universe. The purge of Xmen characters within Marvel is very real and if you open your eyes you can very much see it. Xmen COTA was made literally 20 years ago. A LOT of things change in 20 years. Red Ranger is in jail, Yellow ranger is dead and Pink Ranger is still cute.

With that said, that still doesn't guarantee that they can't jump through some loopholes to get Mag and Wolvie in.

It's not the idea that CotA doesn't play anything like what Marvel is, but what X-Men is to Marvel itself. Remember that the versus series came out during a time where Marvel was very X-Men heavy and for good reason. Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, Phoenix saga, etc. Yes, Marvel did force out a large amount of X-Men characters in MvC3 but we can see that they were pushing their agenda with the movies. A lot of the characters involved got their own movie or was focusing on a some what relevant plot point in the comics. It goes without saying that the roster was met with much disdain as well. And it's also not about keeping Magneto and Wolverine in, but including some of the much missed veterans of the series(Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jugg) and hopefully seeing some new ones.

The X-Men series is largely varied with different kinds of mutants you could include. Why exclude them?
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,171 admin
    CoTA was the core of the series because they were reusing character designs: the Vs series (until mvc3) was cannibalized from all the previous games they made.

Variable rolling (MvC1) was where it's at. None of this "don't roll and get OTG'd, roll and get wrecked" nonsense.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    edited November 2016
    No X-Men character already screams fake. Hard to believe a versus game can happen when the only reason why the versus game exists is because CotA was the core of said series.

There isn't anything saying no X Men characters, but things change. COTA isn't even really anything much like what Marvel is now. Marvel 3 already pushed a large part of the Xmen cast out of Marvel in favor of other parts of the universe. The purge of Xmen characters within Marvel is very real and if you open your eyes you can very much see it. Xmen COTA was made literally 20 years ago. A LOT of things change in 20 years. Red Ranger is in jail, Yellow ranger is dead and Pink Ranger is still cute.

With that said, that still doesn't guarantee that they can't jump through some loopholes to get Mag and Wolvie in.

It's not the idea that CotA doesn't play anything like what Marvel is, but what X-Men is to Marvel itself. Remember that the versus series came out during a time where Marvel was very X-Men heavy and for good reason. Days of Future Past, Age of Apocalypse, Phoenix saga, etc. Yes, Marvel did force out a large amount of X-Men characters in MvC3 but we can see that they were pushing their agenda with the movies. A lot of the characters involved got their own movie or was focusing on a some what relevant plot point in the comics. It goes without saying that the roster was met with much disdain as well. And it's also not about keeping Magneto and Wolverine in, but including some of the much missed veterans of the series(Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, Jugg) and hopefully seeing some new ones.

The X-Men series is largely varied with different kinds of mutants you could include. Why exclude them?

That's great, but evidence is heavily pointing to Xmen getting phased out of all parts of media. It's a reality and that reality will again show up in 4 as it did in 3. They may be able to work some loopholes, but expect Xmen characters to struggle to get in at best. If anything there is even more Marvel universe movie characters they can push now that Disney is going absolute HAM with the movies.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,011
    Don't care just gimme my sword users, Dante, Zero, Vergil, Strider, etc. Just figured if 'Te comes back it'd be the shittier one from DmC... oh well gimme that dude anyway. Swords, swords and more swords
    edited November 2016
    Sword charaters can never be worst than high mid tiers or end up being great DHC's or assists so sword characters should be good to go in V. Unless they do some crazy shit like add huge vulnerable hurt boxes to weapon characters like other games that have come out tend to do (SFV Vega, KI Hisako/Glacius).

Hopefully they do go back to hit boxes. Hit bubbles created such a lack of nuance in the neutral game. Very black or white hit detection. Projectile games were so varied with all of the different types and durability points and then you just have Wolverine c.L, pizza cutter and helm breaker.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Disney is indeed going crazy with these movies but note that Gambit is having his own standalone movie incoming. Logan is also on the way. A standalone Gambit movie incoming and NO inclusion of Gambit? That doesn't even make sense. Consider that Deadpool, Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket Raccoon received movies and/or TV shows following the game. Besides a few curveballs, yes. All the other ones were either obvious or interconnected some way. There won't be any loopholes. Either X-Men characters are involved or there is no Marvel 4. I don't think there can be a middle area, really. But we'll find out soon enough.
    edited November 2016
    Disney is indeed going crazy with these movies but note that Gambit is having his own standalone movie incoming. Logan is also on the way. A standalone Gambit movie incoming and NO inclusion of Gambit? That doesn't even make sense. Consider that Deadpool, Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket Raccoon received movies and/or TV shows following the game. Besides a few curveballs, yes. All the other ones were either obvious or interconnected some way. There won't be any loopholes. Either X-Men characters are involved or there is no Marvel 4. I don't think there can be a middle area, really. But we'll find out soon enough.

Xmen characters will be included, just like Preppy and I are saying a huge roster of your favorite Xmen characters is extremely unlikely and it'll most likely just be absolutely vital Xmen characters or Gambit since he has a movie coming. The same or less sized inclusion of Xmen characters as Marvel 3 is very likely.

It is just simply true that you can create a huge list of Xmen characters that have zero chance of making it due to Marvel's current state.

Yeah, that's fine. I was just saying the whole "No X-Men characters" statement in that leaker's source was ridiculous.
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, that's fine. I was just saying the whole "No X-Men characters" statement in that leaker's source was ridiculous.

Right. Just like any leak or reveal there is some stuff that is projected and not all of it becomes true. Even Lupinko projected characters that didn't make Marvel 3, but just definitely assumed right when he mentioned Strider and Phoenix Wright. There was a sizeable amount of people who suggested that Strider had about no chance of making Marvel 3, but he made it in.

I don't suspect that Marvel 4 will be a 2 on 2 thing. Marvel being a 3 on 3 thing is pretty much a classic identity of the series after 2 and not something they would likely revert to Marvel 1 or classic vs SF status. Having 0 Xmen characters also does seem out of play. People didn't get taken for a 2v2 ride. They got taken for a 3v3 ride. Most likely just extra side rumors being thrown that may not come to phase.

SFV as another example I believe the guy who leaked a character roster didn't have Vega in his list.

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,011
    Sword charaters can never be worst than high mid tiers or end up being great DHC's or assists so sword characters should be good to go in V. Unless they do some crazy shit like add huge vulnerable hurt boxes to weapon characters like other games that have come out tend to do (SFV Vega, KI Hisako/Glacius).

Hopefully they do go back to hit boxes. Hit bubbles created such a lack of nuance in the neutral game. Very black or white hit detection. Projectile games were so varied with all of the different types and durability points and then you just have Wolverine c.L, pizza cutter and helm breaker.

Hmmm they tended to dominate footsies, in a game like Marvel 3, it only took a single poke to convert into a kill combo into a 4-way, layered, meaty mixup on incoming.

That's one aspect they'll likely look to change whilst maintaining the crazy. Bigger aspect on neutral game, more way to guarantee that both players do get to play.
  • shmurdasceneshmurdascene Joined: Posts: 126
    I would love to see any of the X-Men from MvC2 return, Juggernaut in particular, but we would probably get the same X-Men from MvC3 + Gambit at best. I really only care about Doom, Black Panther, and the X-Men from Marvel.

Capcom's side is more interesting to me. There are so many Darkstalkers characters that would be great for a game like this (Anakaris, Rikuo, Pyron, etc) and they aren't going to get their own game any time soon. Putting a few of them in MvC4 could increase the demand for a new Darkstalkers, hopefully.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    So let's say this is actually happening, are they going to try and do "something different" like they did with SF5? Or will it be traditional Marvel?

I really, really hate it when Capcom tries to be innovative with their fighting games. Just focus on making them good instead.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

edited November 2016
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    So let's say this is actually happening, are they going to try and do "something different" like they did with SF5? Or will it be traditional Marvel?

I really, really hate it when Capcom tries to be innovative with their fighting games. Just focus on making them good instead.

Depends on whether or not you thought Marvel 3 was traditional Marvel.

The lack of FADC's and supers being relevant makes SFV feel more traditional for me.

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    If it doesn't come out on PC with rollback I will be so mad.
    edited November 2016
    Lupinko says he can't wait for Capcom Cup. He wouldn't come out of hiding just for SFV "Akuma" reveal. More unofficial confirmation confirmed.

edited November 2016

I dunno... I guess it was, in a way? It was really dumbed down compared to the previous games. I liked it better when it didn't revolve around touch of death combos.

There's a lot they could do with this. They could have a variety of single player modes, variable team sizes, in-game collectibles, customizable costumes, that sort of thing. At the very least an expanded adventure-like story mode.

If they just give it the same barebones treatment that they did with Marvel 3, then forget about it.

edited November 2016

I dunno... I guess it was, in a way? It was really dumbed down compared to the previous games. It basically became a game of "land a combo and don't ever drop it" which is annoying. I liked it better when it didn't revolve around touch of death combos.

There's a lot they could do with this. They could have a variety of single player modes, variable team sizes, in-game collectibles, customizable costumes, that sort of thing. At the very least an expanded adventure-like story mode.

If they just give it the same barebones treatment that they did with Marvel 3, then forget about it.

Yeah, I think it was kind of indirect that it happened as it was a lot of effects like fans asking for no bursts, X Factor, retardo meter building and strange cases of HSD not even working that lead to how the game is. Even in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 where they tried to fix those things, a lot of things ended up not getting found or further discovered and then back to the same shit.

I imagine Marvel 4 won't have XF, will have much more meticulous combo/HSD properties, and most likely more modestly created hit boxes (hopefully removing hit bubbles that shit is stupid) so the game will be more reset happy. Possibly a return of invincible assists (maybe with a stock limit) so you can have a defensive option that doesn't require meter or a shoryuken based special.

Capcom tends not to prioritize single player game modes, but after the flack from SFV lacking game modes they may push to make sure MVC4 comes out the gate with more single player content.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315

Marvel ain't making those X-Men movies and they don't get much from them. Just so you know, there are no X-Men characters in any of Marvel's new mobile games. There isn't a single mutant in Future Fight and Avengers Academy. The games that do have X-Men ain't adding anymore. No X-Men is very real.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Also, there is the subject of Megaman.

The way I see it, keep Classic Megaman in Smash Bros. and give this game Megaman X. That way everyone gets what they want.

I'd personally like to see Sigma playable too.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Zero is all we need. He was top tier in 3, top tier in TvC, and broken tier in SvC. Baaically top in every game he's been in so far.
    The only time you'll see Mega Man is as an alternate costume for Zero.
    d3v wrote: »
    Zero is all we need. He was top tier in 3, top tier in TvC, and broken tier in SvC. Baaically top in every game he's been in so far.

Zero is my favorite any way. He was too doody diapers for me in Marvel 3, but if he's more honest I may pick him up.

Deathology wrote: »
    Honest in marvel?

Honest in Marvel means you won't die as easily to the bullshit, but will still eventually die to bullshit.

edited November 2016
    Shulkie better be good to make up for the travesty that was her UMVC3 appearance.

I don't see She Hulk making an appearance. She seems like a one and done character.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,665
    I feel like this lupinko guy is just trolling everybody on the wave of hype
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I don't see She Hulk making an appearance. She seems like a one and done character.

She confirmed herself for MVC4 ages ago.

Skip to 1:45.

edited November 2016
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

It's possible, but not as probable as it would be with other people as he usually doesn't say anything related to Capcom unless something Marvel is brewing. It's very strange that he would generically say "things are happening" and not really referring to anything specific like the "Akuma" reveal. Like he knows that something else outside of SFV is going down. Most of his other recent tweets seem to be about Tekken so him strangely coming out of almost the blue (after no real reports of him rumoring for a long time) to talk about things happening is a very good sign for Marvel.

I'm not sure what came first between these leaked pictures and him talking, but it's way too much of a coincidence. He's pretty much on a 100 percent track record for things happening with Marvel when he talks. No one has really posted him revealing anything SFV related, but now all of a sudden he has this "things are happening" tweet on the exact time that new rumors and leaks suddenly appear. Plus Mr.Wizard playing with the idea on twitter as well.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    d3v wrote: »

Zero is my favorite any way. He was too doody diapers for me in Marvel 3, but if he's more honest I may pick him up.

Zero? Honest? That's almost like asking for a new Mega Man Legends game.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,951
    I mean, Marvel may not like X-Men, but:
    -Sony does, and could use it as leverage for PS4 exclusivity
    -They're historic to the VS games
    -Wolverine on his own is going to sell copies

Marvel would be dumb to throw such a vital fan base under the bus. Bringing in people via Wolverine/Storm/Magneto makes their exposure pushes much more effective.
    Does marvel even care about the crossover enough to give a shit about roster members?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited November 2016
    They specifically added characters in Marvel 3 that were getting movie releases soon after, so yes, they will care a lot. It was said during Marvel 3 that Marvel pretty much dictated which characters Capcom could use in the title. The picks that Marvel chose were extremely coincidental considering the movie launches of the last 3 or 4 years. More than half the Marvel 3 cast and some of the cameo characters either has a standalone movie or was in an Avengers/Civil War film.

Capcom coincidentally threw in Strider right before Double Helix made a new video game for him as well.

X-Men needs a new animated series and use MVC4 as promotion for them. It's been nearly 8 years since the last show
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• WaveFlameWaveFlame Joined: Posts: 100
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

It's possible, but not as probable as it would be with other people as he usually doesn't say anything related to Capcom unless something Marvel is brewing. It's very strange that he would generically say "things are happening" and not really referring to anything specific like the "Akuma" reveal. Like he knows that something else outside of SFV is going down. Most of his other recent tweets seem to be about Tekken so him strangely coming out of almost the blue (after no real reports of him rumoring for a long time) to talk about things happening is a very good sign for Marvel.

I'm not sure what came first between these leaked pictures and him talking, but it's way too much of a coincidence. He's pretty much on a 100 percent track record for things happening with Marvel when he talks. No one has really posted him revealing anything SFV related, but now all of a sudden he has this "things are happening" tweet on the exact time that new rumors and leaks suddenly appear. Plus Mr.Wizard playing with the idea on twitter as well.

He also leaked the Street Fighter X Tekken Roster, including Mega Man, Pac-Man and the 12 DLC characters as well. IIRC, he also leaked some stuff for MK9 back in the day, I think it was some X-Ray descriptions and the existence of Skarlet as their first DLC character and claims he could've leaked the Soul Calibur V roster, but kept it to himself. It's definitely interesting that he's resurfacing now, given that large of a successful track record. I doubt he'd be referring to Akuma being in SFV, since that's what people have all pretty much been expecting since that trailer at the end of Red Bull Battlegrounds. Guess we'll see next week either way. All aboard this tentative hype train! WOO! WOO!

I can see She-Hulk come back just to add to the female count to the Marvel roster. She was the only female on the Marvel roster that wasn't an X-Man.
    I mean, Marvel may not like X-Men, but:
    -Sony does, and could use it as leverage for PS4 exclusivity
    -They're historic to the VS games
    -Wolverine on his own is going to sell copies

Marvel would be dumb to throw such a vital fan base under the bus. Bringing in people via Wolverine/Storm/Magneto makes their exposure pushes much more effective.

Marvel has been throwing X-Men fans under the bus for the last two years. There are other characters they want to push who's film rights they own.
    Marvel would be dumb to throw such a vital fan base under the bus.

I'm not sure you've seen what Marvel's been doing lately.

There's a reason their movie division is the only part of them that's profitable these days.

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,978
    They better should do a Marvel vs DC video game.

Too bad since WB acquired Netherealm the chances for a Marvel vs DC game became even more microscopic.