SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Ultra Po Town (Fear The Nagandal!)

Comments

• locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,064
    Eww WS already with the cancer sets
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,567
    WS

Love it!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,303
    Zeraora is trash.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,789
    Magearna gets Heal Bell!

20cb15706c364370.gif

It's cool and all but where the hell does she fit this? Lol

USUMO Prototype Model

Maggie Q

Calm/ Sassy

@ Lefties/ 50% HP berry/ Shuca Berry

252HP/ 156DEF/ 100 SP.DEF

Ice beam/ Volt Switch or Iron Head/ Heal Bell/ Pain Split

156 EVs in DEF ensures survival vs offensive Lando-T. The rest in SP.DEF to sponge hits from Koko, and HP Fire users.

Id just go boltbeam/split/heal bell at that point. Magearna's attack isnt great so better off just leaving that stat in the gutter. I guess this can work
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,051
    Lol Ultra Nec doesn't faint Pokemon... It nukes their asses and builds a new universe over their grave.

Mega Ray-Ray almost had to give up his spot as Gawd of all Gawd Pokemon.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072
    Did Primarina get anything useful?
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,464
    charlie88 wrote: »

Primarina is already plenty good enough. I don't know why everything has to be OU to be worth playing.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    BullDancer wrote: »

Primarina is already plenty good enough. I don't know why everything has to be OU to be worth playing.

You realize what thread you're in, right?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

I dont see anything. She's still a monster in UU
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Primarina can also do work in OU, even with its awful speed it still hits like a truck. I'm always surprised how much damage it can do.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Duck
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072

Did I say anything about OU? I just asked if it got anything useful. I play Primarina in UU and OU right now. I just wanted to know since some of its other starters got good upgrades. Geez

Primarina can also do work in OU, even with its awful speed it still hits like a truck. I'm always surprised how much damage it can do.

Specs Hydro Pump destroys a lot of things you would be surprised about. Most moms don't wanna switch into it.

Interesting...
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,633
    I think the biggest winner of Gen 7 mons was Toxapex this time.

Though Dhelmise getting somewhat decent recovery is great too.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Ash Gren bro
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,633
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Ash Gren bro

I don’t see sets going mixed and giving up all that Specs power just to fuck over Chansey.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Landorus, gliscor, rotom-w, and tornadus give us 4 really good defoggers that can fit on a multitude of teams. This really helps with the ridicuolousness of hazards atm.
    edited November 13
    still wish we had more rapid spin users
    Winner is Kommo O and Lucario.

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,464
    Lucario gets Meteor Mash? Make Mega-Lucario even better amirite?

Lucario isn't that great because its awkward speed tier, but Meteor Mash is what the base form was really missing even though it totally doesn't deserve it. Considering it is Metagross exclusive move.(Except for the odd one out like Pikachu)
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,122
    When it comes to Ubers, Meteor Mash only makes Mega Lucario a bit more reliable in dealing with Xerneas and to a lesser extent, Giratina. It's far more important for base form Lucario.

The winner when it comes to Fighting Types is actually Bewear, who can now legitimately fulfill its role as an absurdly bulky Fighting Type thanks to receiving Drain Punch alongside a bunch of new coverage.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Lucario gets Meteor Mash? Make Mega-Lucario even better amirite?

Lucario isn't that great because its awkward speed tier, but Meteor Mash is what the base form was really missing even though it totally doesn't deserve it. Considering it is Metagross exclusive move.(Except for the odd one out like Pikachu)

Deoxys, Clefable and Jirach (event) also learn it
    Luke with Meteor Mash is just what it was missing, and it will cause hilarious shenanigans with Mega Luke getting random attack ups to go along with Adaptability.

Lol @ Vileplume with Strength Sap... That thing is going to be a bastard in lower tiers.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    When it comes to Ubers, Meteor Mash only makes Mega Lucario a bit more reliable in dealing with Xerneas and to a lesser extent, Giratina. It's far more important for base form Lucario.

The winner when it comes to Fighting Types is actually Bewear, who can now legitimately fulfill its role as an absurdly bulky Fighting Type thanks to receiving Drain Punch alongside a bunch of new coverage.

Now you truly better...

BEWEAR!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    locoghoul wrote: »
    still wish we had more rapid spin users

When I heard about new egg moves I was really hoping to see Rapid Spin among them, but alas...

With the advent of so many new and easier to get Defoggers I already have a few team ideas in the works.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    edited November 13
    I get that bewear becomes a better tank because of its buff. However I think Kommo getting an exclusive Z move that gives it +1 everything and CC is gonna put it at least in OU especially on Veil teams (which I will be running). I think it also gets gunk shot so it will kill all the fairies trying to switch in or revenge it those without unaware anyway.
    Kommo buffs I think far outweigh what Bewear got in the long run. Kommo couldn't really be used at all because its sets were subpar compared to everything else. Even without DP Bewear could still effectuvely tank. Now Kommo can tear through teams simply because it got the dragon version of PZ and a high BP fighting stab.

I get that beer at becomes a better tank. However I think Kommo getting an exclusive Z move that gives it +1 everything and CC is gonna put it at least in OU especially on Veil teams (which I will be running) I think it also gets gunk shot so it will kill all the fairies trying to switch in or revenge it.

With all the fairies running around i doubt kommo-o will be ou. Maybe in the first month but remember kommo-o has a terrible stat spread for an offensive mon. It still lacks reliable recovery to tank well and needs moves that hit fairies. I think it will move up a tier but not all the way to OU where it's fairy infested
    I get that beer at becomes a better tank. However I think Kommo getting an exclusive Z move that gives it +1 everything and CC is gonna put it at least in OU especially on Veil teams (which I will be running) I think it also gets gunk shot so it will kill all the fairies trying to switch in or revenge it.

With all the fairies running around i doubt kommo-o will be ou. Maybe in the first month but remember kommo-o has a terrible stat spread for an offensive mon. It still lacks reliable recovery to tank well and needs moves that hit fairies. I think it will move up a tier but not all the way to OU where it's fairy infested

It got gunk shot. Minus magearna and unaware Clefable who isn't it killing that is a fairy

It got gunk shot. Minus magearna and unaware Clefable who isn't it killing that is a fairy

Scarf tapu lele ruins its life. It has a hard time switching into any fairy at all. Tapu koko outspeeds and nails it with dazzling gleam. Tapu bulu got huge buffs to substitute sets. Tapu fini is faster (but doesnt always carry a fairy move).

Yes it can work, but it's going to be hard pressed to work with all the checks that run around
    Let me put it like this. I expect it to come in on something that can't touch it and force a switch. Use its Z move to get the plus 1 in everything and proceed to bust all there asses. I don't mean it fight them one on one
    straight up. It will require setup. I think once you kill fairies he will sweep easily.

Let me put it like this. I expect it to come in on something that can't touch it and force a switch. Use its Z move to get the plus 1 in everything and proceed to bust all there asses. I don't mean it fight them one on one
    straight up. It will require setup. I think once you kill fairies he will sweep easily.

Have fun. It's defensive typing isnt that good and most scarfers actually hit it super hard (latios, lele, landorus)
    I just realized Rockstar Pikachu is the only mon in Lucario's egg group that learns Meteor Mash, and I'm not even certain if a costumed Pikachu can be transferred or bred. If this is what they're going for that's an incredibly niche egg move.

Trollfreak
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,846
    Tentacruel learns Giga Drain, which may be the recovery move it's been missing all this time. Also, LOL Farfetch'd is the only other mon aside from Golisopod to learn First Impression.
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015
    Tentacruel learns Giga Drain, which may be the recovery move it's been missing all this time. Also, LOL Farfetch'd is the only other mon aside from Golisopod to learn First Impression.

Tentacruel learned Giga Drain as a tutor move in ORAS.

Tentacruel always gets Giga Drain when Tutors become available.

It's had it since Emerald.
    @charlie88 I don't think veil will be very viable in a meta where even Koko gets Defog.
    I need to re-look at my last good team...too bad when my PC died I lost the stat spread for that team. Better go through this thread and to find it.

We need a special move rapid spin.
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,154

Tentacruel learned Giga Drain as a tutor move in ORAS.

First Impression so gud

I'm so excited to have tank bewear bust some ass
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion