SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Ultra Po Town (Fear The Nagandal!)

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,042
    edited November 14
    How the fuck can you click "disagree" on a factual statement completely devoid of opinion?

How big of a cunt do you have to be to go through the trouble of following a person from thread to thread and click buttons like a jilted stalker?

This motherfucker out here holding a grudge like a Banette, with all the effectiveness of one, to boot...
    I just realized Rockstar Pikachu is the only mon in Lucario's egg group that learns Meteor Mash, and I'm not even certain if a costumed Pikachu can be transferred or bred. If this is what they're going for that's an incredibly niche egg move.

Smeargle, my man.
    Post edited by po pimpus on
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh right, Smeargle. GF really likes to make us work huh. I'll just test my luck for a Riolu with it as an egg move in a future Wonder Trade. Lol
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072
    locoghoul wrote: »
    @charlie88 I don't think veil will be very viable in a meta where even Koko gets Defog.

Most Veil teams (including the one I ran) had Bisharp. Having said that I wonder if hazards in general will drop off since every one will have Defog. I personally think veil is more valuable than rocks.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,789
    charlie88 wrote: »
    @charlie88 I don't think veil will be very viable in a meta where even Koko gets Defog.

Most Veil teams (including the one I ran) had Bisharp. Having said that I wonder if hazards in general will drop off since every one will have Defog. I personally think veil is more valuable than rocks.

Most veil teams did not carry bisharp lol. It was usually mega ttar, manaphy, magearna, and a couple other set up sweepers

Webs used bisharp a lot and that might be scarier than veil thanks to the few new mons we get (araquinid and ribombee) but i can assure you bisharp and veil was not a thing
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,072
    When I saw veil I typically saw magearna manaphy Bisharps greninja lati and some obscure mon that I would almost never see otherwise. I am speaking specifically if encounters I had. Bisharps were on 7/10 teams I would see

• The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,905 mod
    edited November 15
    (I think Landorus-Therian getting Defog might have managed to make me even more disinterested in OU in Gen 7.)

I'm not sure what I am disappointed by more: that, predictably, there are no new Alola mons, meaning we stuck with the mostly mediocre-at-best ones (and Raticate-Alola), or that we honestly didn't get any new interesting pokemon in general. Besides the massive padding out of the cartridge experience, which like about half of the people in this thread aren't actually interested in, Ultra honestly didn't really do anything besides throw Z-moves at things semi-randomly and pad out only some of the Gen 7 pokemon's barren movepools, if barely. Hurray....

Oh well. At least Drain Punch Bewear and Spider Webs Araquanid and Ribombee is nice as far as UU is concerned.
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,464
    Parsing the lists:
    Tutors
    Lycanroc learns Drill Run. :/
    Ash Greninja learns Gunk Shot now.
    Kommo-o finally learns Iron Head for Fairy Coverage
    Knock Off Toxapex is always broken and it's unbelievable that it exists now.
    Magic Coat Toxapex exists now even though it doesn't deserve to.
    Pain Split Toxapex exists now even though it doesn't deserve to.
    Pain Split Alolan Muk seems cool
    Tapu Bulu didn't need Synthesis too.
    Celesteela didn't get defog! Eat dick.
    Damn @white shadow we peeped alot of the same stuff.

I'm not touching the egg moves with a five foot pole though. Too much stuff to look through.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    Im really upset that we didnt get any new alolan forms. We basically got Alola-Marowak as a game changer and that was it. It's barely been that as well. Alola-Ninetails is literally just Aurora Veil the pokemon.

I wanted alola Dragonite :cry:
    edited November 15
    It was obvious from the beginning who was getting Alolan Forms and why.

Gen 1's Pokedex was lacking in certain types that have proliferated since Gen 2 and up, like Dark, Dragon, Steel, and Fairy, and the Mons who got said forms were trawling around in obscurity and uselessness. Except for Ninetales... That one was an anomaly.

If you were a Mon that experienced any sort of popularity, meme or otherwise, got a typing/evolution/Mega, you weren't getting any Alola action.

If anything, I'm surprised Farfetch'd didn't get shit... But I guess that's part of the meme thing.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Farfetch'd got a 30 point attack buff and some cool moves

It's still trash but they gave it something!
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BullDancer wrote: »

Alolan Muk also gets the Elemental punches too. I know Ice Punch is certainly useful.

@The Damned Defog Lando-T is probably going to be niche anyway, I can see it on as an emergency scarfer on HO teams for role compression since it threatens so many mons. Lando-T for balance/bulky offense is likely to remain the same.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!

I wanted alola Dragonite :cry:

This...or at least Brave Bird.

• locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,061
    for Gen 8 I want 80 BP Wing Attack
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    I would greatly like if U-Turn and Volt Switch got nerfed in power and/or if Gamefreak made Fairy and Ice types balanced (and gave us another Ghost resistance back).

I'm not expecting anything from Gamefreak though, especially since they've basically intentionally been screwing over Singles for a while.

BullDancer wrote: »

Alolan Muk also gets the Elemental punches too. I know Ice Punch is certainly useful.

@The Damned Defog Lando-T is probably going to be niche anyway, I can see it on as an emergency scarfer on HO teams for role compression since it threatens so many mons. Lando-T for balance/bulky offense is likely to remain the same.

Oh hey, you took my quotation mark instructions to mind.

Anyway, yeah, I know it's probably going to be niche. I'm just rolling my eyes at Landorus-Therian's over-stacked ass getting more shit when some of the far weaker mons couldn't even get anything. Gen 7 OU just seems super boring to me, that's all, and I was never under the impression that Landorus-Therian was going to decrease in usage or get banned. So the genies getting buffs is a slight slap in the face even if I always found weird that Tornadus never got Defog.

As for Alola-Muk, I would argue that the most important Elemental Punch it gets is Fire Punch.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    IDK, Gen 7 OU was pretty hilarious when people were losing to Whack-a-mole, his son, and sometimes even Trapinch.
    a The Damned post below 500 characters?? Time is aaachangiiiiing
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    You cant really nerf uturn/volt switch. Bringing it down to base 65 does nothing. Going lower makes technician users much scarier (and basically would break scizor). Voltswitch is fine as is

Arean trap was a huge issue. There were tournaments where if dugtrio trapped something successfully, it was a win. 100% guaranteed. There is no direct counterplay to trapping and involves making that hard read at all times. The first suspect proved that dugtrio wasnt the issue as teams used Diglett to essentially the same success. The meta is much more fun without arena trap and hopefully gets better with the huge increase in viable hazard removal.

Landorus-T is not going to get banned. It's used a lot because It's the best role compressor ever, not because it's actually broken. There are too many strong things for us to deal with that I have no idea what shit meta there would be without it. It's essentially a necessary evil.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,303
    Technician U-Turn would be an absolute buff.

No thanks.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Arena Trap is easy to deal with. Do you have an attack that does damage? Use it.

Oh, is your shitty wall/pivot that has no real offensive presence getting got? Git gud and stop being obvious with your switch ins.

We used to laugh at people getting their Blisseys rekt by Dugtrio or getting revenge killed in Gen 3... What happened that made the player base so weak?
    edited November 15
    Why do you both automatically assume I don't know that U-Turn and Volt Switch would work with Technician if it dropped to or below 60 BP? Uh, no shit. I've played the game before and UU has been stuck with Scizor almost all of Gen 7.

That's why they should both be reduced significantly in power. Bring them both down to 40 BP. That way even with Technician they both would still be less powerful than the U-Turn that Scizor (and every other mon) has now, which frankly they should have been from the beginning given they're supposed to be momentum moves first and foremost. The damage should have also been secondary rather than conveniently also being good to great damage in the majority of instances, which is the main problem with them.

I have no rebuttal on Landorus-Therian since you're, again, just saying shit I've already said, mood4food7. I know it's a necessary evil; I'm just staying I personally find that mon as boring as locoghoul sniping at me like I value his opinions.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    The Damned wrote: »
    Why do you both automatically assume I don't know that U-Turn and Volt Switch would work with Technician if it dropped to or below 60 BP? Uh, no shit. I've played the game before and UU has been stuck with Scizor almost all of Gen 7.

That's why they should both be reduced significantly in power. Bring them both down to 40 BP. That way even with Technician they both would still be less powerful than the U-Turn that Scizor (and every other mon) has now, which frankly they should have been from the beginning given they're supposed to be momentum moves first and foremost. The damage should have also been secondary rather than conveniently also being good to great damage in the majority of instances, which is the main problem with them.

I have no rebuttal on Landorus-Therian since you're, again, just saying shit I've already said, mood4food7. I know it's a necessary evil; I'm just staying I personally find that mon as boring as locoghoul sniping at me like I value his opinions.

To be honest you write essays each time you post so i just skim through and look for key words.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Arena Trap is easy to deal with. Do you have an attack that does damage? Use it.

Oh, is your shitty wall/pivot that has no real offensive presence getting got? Git gud and stop being obvious with your switch ins.

We used to laugh at people getting their Blisseys rekt by Dugtrio or getting revenge killed in Gen 3... What happened that made the player base so weak?

Punch it in the face is not a rebuttal. Please go away

To be honest you write essays each time you post so i just skim through and look for key words.

Punch it in the face is not a rebuttal. Please go away

I'm not rebutting anything. That's how you beat Dig-dug. It's made of wet tissue paper. Hit it and it goes away and can't trap your shitty pivot.

Click disagree on this post too, ho-ass nigga: You know who you are.
    You can beat any pokemon by using an attack, should we make arceus legal?
    You can beat any pokemon by using an attack, should we make arceus legal?

Don't be obtuse. Most mons can take at least one hit.

I find it quite funny that something that rustles so many jimmies requires a Focus Sash to not die to Water Gun level attacks.
    edited November 16
    Your entire argument is obtuse

I have SR up and tpunch on my mom, ho-oh should be legal too?

Lunala is 4x weak to dark and ghost attacks, using dark pulse makes this okay right?

Focus sash wasnt dugtrios best set, it was z move. It would trap something, screech if needed, and then launch tectonic rage and kill it. Every time. People were using eject button toxapex/latios to get dugtrio in.

Your argument revolves around making the right read but ignores the opponent doing such as well
    Post edited by Mood4food77 on

That isn't an excuse for constantly repeating things and you know it. Learn to skim better or don't reply at all.

- P. G. Wodehouse

That isn't an excuse for constantly repeating things and you know it. Learn to skim better or don't reply at all.

Learn to make an interesting post
    edited November 15
    If the motherfucker needs to use goddamn SCREECH to get anything done, then yes, the people it's being employed against deserve to lose every encounter with it.

I'm with @The Damned ... This is a pointless argument and you'll never convince me the people losing to Dugtrio aren't trash incarnate.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,303
    Isnt Dugtrio RU?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,629
    It is now.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    If the motherfucker needs to use goddamn SCREECH to get anything done, then yes, the people it's being employed against deserve to lose every encounter with it.

I'm with @The Damned ... This is a pointless argument and you'll never convince me the people losing to Dugtrio aren't trash incarnate.

He uses screech so it can ohko chansey with groundium. Other than that it just launches the z move or KOs what it needs to

It's the reason stall never made a god damn change in 4 years
    Screech, my dude. Screech.

I don't even need to argue how weak your team building and strategy has to be for Dugtrio to get a non-attacking turn off without dying like it should.
    Screech, my dude. Screech.

I don't even need to argue how weak your team building and strategy has to be for Dugtrio to get a non-attacking turn off without dying like it should.

You are one dense mother fucker
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,154
    for Gen 8 I want 80 BP Wing Attack

Nah, how about 90 BP Aerial Ace??
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
    edited November 16
    U turn voltswitch should be 20 or 30 BP max. Switching out shouldn't be doing chunks of damage.

Wing Attack should staywhere it is. They just need a new flying attack that is like 95 or 100 bp period.

I want a universal nerf to hazards. Only 1 hazard can be out at a time and if you want maximum damage you have to stack it like spikes. 8for 1 16 for 24 for 3. That includes stealth rocks. I think Rocks is too powerful as is right now and something should be done about it. I think with the ease to get it up and the benefits it clearly should be nerfed or at least balanced. However with Defog it won't matter sinc3 everyone will run it.

Ice needs to resist fighting and water types

Bugs should be SE against ghost and another type to be viable (also needs ghost).

Ghost should do less to bugs and neutral to psychic.

I want more magic Guard users. I think MG is highly underrated as a move and needs more distribution. I don't know who to give it to but I would maybe give it to some obscure non viable Mon.

Here is some Idea I have been toggling with.

I want an ability called

Dragons Den

Super effective damage that would do 4x as much damage to Dragon types does half that amount. (Basically an Ice type on Garchomp does 2x damage instead of 4)

Dragon types can hit fairies with neutral damage

Can be removed with defog.

Is a terrain move.

I am not sure if the need to 4x moves on Dragons would be busted (probably is on Dragonite with Multiscale). I think it gives us Dragon lovers a reason to run mono Dragon (something I wanna do buy can't because fairies literally stop Dragons in there tracks). I would give this to a new Mon that would be Dragon/Steel (to my knowledge that is a unique typing that no one has yet. Correct me if I am wrong)

Post edited by charlie88 on

edited November 16
    Hell no to everything past hazard nerfs. Ice resisting Water is cool, but hell no to all the rest of that.

Dragons are fine where they are now, the entire point of Ghost originally is to combat Psychic, and if you've already nerfed hazards, you don't need a bunch of Magic Guard users.
    Charlie....what is that garbage

Hazards removal is the issue, not the hazards themselves. We got a lot more defog users so we'll see. Landorus, Poison Heal Gliscor, Rotom, and Tornadus give us 4 really good hazard removal options that can fit on any team archetype.

Ice needs a buff but changing a weakness into a resist is a massive change that already hurts a type that is struggling

Bug is a great defensive typing, hence why it's offensive typing is pretty bad. On top of bug having u-turn just doing a few tweaks could make u-turn a bigger issue

Nerfing u-turn damage does nothing to actually nerf the move. Even with 20 base power it will still do what it needs to. Keeping it at 70 is important so that certain pokemon dont get free switch-ins is very good (tyranitar and latios for example). Same for volt switch

Dragons need no buffs whatsoever. They are amongst the best pokemon in the game. Just no

Wing attack at 100 bp would be hilariously busted. Did you see what happened when we got brave bird?. Please. I like base 80 tho. Makes it a decent option without it being dumb. Flying is one of the best types in the game and doent need a buff like that. Base 80 gives more pokemon an actual middle ground move since only like 8 pokemon get drill peck
    Dnite and Aero come to mind if Wing Attack gets buffed
    You guys should realize I wanr Dragonite to be the most broken thing in this game. Every change benefits him in some way lol

However outside of that I want everything to be equally good. If someone wants to run a hail team they should. If someone wants to play bulky they should. Right now too many types to me aren't good options.

I also disagree that you think more removal is the answer. Stealth rock does a lot for every team and there is no drawback to it. At leadt the others require stacking. (Minus webs). Games litetally shift because of getting rocks up.

The only issue with rocks are the 4x weak mons to rocks. We've gotten incredibly strong pokemon that are weak to rocks that still wreak havoc (zard y and volcarona are good examples)

Rocks is important as it helps games move quicker. You dont remember that abr vs tele match that lasted 9 hours or some shit? That was all because SR pp was used up super early so they could switch all willy nilly. SR prevents this and creates good pressure. Also setting up SR gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever. The hazards themselves arent the issue, the lack of viable hazard removal is though. There really isnt any removal option That's really splashable or failsafe like we have with toxapex or lando setting up hazards. Giving us more good options will help in the long run

Types arent created equal. Just like all characters in a fighting game arent either. Yes we wouldn't mind a buff to the ice typing or a nerf to fairy typing but it is what it is. Types are very finnicky as you could make certain types that struggle worse (like your ice to now resist fighting would) or break other things (like buffing rock types could put ttar over the edge). I think having Ice types resist water and fairy would do a lot but we all know....trollfreak.