SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Po Town

Comments

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,277
    Forgive my ignorance but what exactly made that battle different from the average one? Well other than the 3-4 bonehead plays both people made?

I dont think a single move made had a thought process or a read. They essentially took a parrotkeet and let them jump around the keyboard hoping for the right button press
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,310
    I looked at the battle a second time and see what you meant. Especially one particular play that bothered me. Who uses a rock type attack on a rock type pokemon when the pokemon using it knows EQ?
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,409
    Rock oddly enough doesn't resist itself... Only time a Rock type can't damage another Rock type is due to the other guy's secondary type.

I have nothing for the rest of that dumb ass match.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I looked at the battle a second time and see what you meant. Especially one particular play that bothered me. Who uses a rock type attack on a rock type pokemon when the pokemon using it knows EQ?

Only 1 play bothered you? Oh my boy, we might need to show you a regular match sometime
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,964
    In a battle that should have taken place much much sooner Bious wins over Bulldancer.

And now he gets to go against White Shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO WILL WIN? WHO WILL GO HOME SALTY? WILL THE MATCH EVER GET DONE? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.

Only 1 play bothered you? Oh my boy, we might need to show you a regular match sometime

I'd rather not sit through a 500 turn battle with switch ins every 2-3 turns.
    SFV - Balrog

I'd rather not sit through a 500 turn battle with switch ins every 2-3 turns.

Regular matches are about 20 turns....
    Oh thank God. I've been shown a whole bunch of matches that lasted a few hundred turns being made to believe that was the norm. Yeah if you want I'm willing to watch a few of these normal matches. May even help me to learn not to suck.
    SFV - Balrog
    Oh thank God. I've been shown a whole bunch of matches that lasted a few hundred turns being made to believe that was the norm. Yeah if you want I'm willing to watch a few of these normal matches. May even help me to learn not to suck.

If a match goes to 500 turns it's probably gens 1-3

Gens iv and newer are much faster unless one side loses SR hence those god awful matches
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,979
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-538186975

been playing other games now but I still love this team. Volcorona makes things easy...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,848
    Does anyone know when they are gonna send out the codes for mega Beedrill and Mawile? Also you only have to play 3 matches to be eligible for them right?
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    edited February 28
    Welp my first shot at 7th Gen battling. God I suck lmao

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-540003391
    SFV - Balrog
    While WS and I are still trying to fight (my fault) I'm gonna go ahead and alter the rulelist a bit now that we're Post-Bank.

1. Pheromosa is unbanned.
    2. Tapus are Guardians, Ultra Beats are Ultra Beasts for the sake of tournament rulesets.

With that said, I would love to hear thoughts and discussions on where you all think the SRK meta should go from here.
    Let me get the ball rolling; I think Genesect should be unbanned.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Keep genesect banned

Fuck pheromosa, mega metagross, protean greninja, and tapu lele
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,979
    Keep genesect banned

Fuck pheromosa, mega metagross, protean greninja, and tapu lele

I...actually agree with that...only recently I have been playing and losing to all of those mons for various reasons.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Aegislash solves almost all of those problems... :coffee:
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Been playing Monotype lately, and gotta say - it should be an official format. Too much fun.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Aegislash solves almost all of those problems... :coffee:

Aegislash meta was dumb and basically "whose aegislash is still alive"
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I haven't lost to Pheromosa, Megagross, or Greninja, but I do admit that checking/ countering Tapu Lele is pretty ridiculous when it comes to teambuilding.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    I haven't lost to Pheromosa, Megagross, or Greninja, but I do admit that checking/ countering Tapu Lele is pretty ridiculous when it comes to teambuilding.

I dont even find lele to be as bad as the others. Pheromosa's special sets have been putting it over the top.

Greninja and mega metagross just dont care. They run their coverage that fucks over your team
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,848
    Metagross and mosa have been easy to deal with. The hardest thing to deal with is:

Is it Protean Greninja or BB?
    Is it Scarf Specs or some other unknown set LeLe

Those are the biggest what ifs and you can die from either for guessing wrong from the bluff

charlie88 wrote: »
    Metagross and mosa have been easy to deal with. The hardest thing to deal with is:

Is it Protean Greninja or BB?
    Is it Scarf Specs or some other unknown set LeLe

Those are the biggest what ifs and you can die from either for guessing wrong from the bluff

Pheromosa is now the broken pos we thought it would be pre launch. It's special sets destroy everything in It's path and are a much bigger 50/50 call than protean or BB gren. It snowballs like crazy.

Mega Metagross is borderline i guess. It's similar to Protean Gren that if you dont get the call out for It's coverage moves you lose a mon or two. Pheromosa is still worse but fuck this thing.

Scarf lele is an overrated set that has been adapted to already. Still good but stall breaker sets are better. Ive come around to it more and have been dealing with it better. It actually loses hardcore to Sticky Web and i love it. Dont get me wrong, scarf is still good but you should always have a scarfer or some sort of speed control on your team already thanks to the dancers (gyarados, mence, zard, volcarona, and zygarde)

The greninja thing isn't a huge 50/50 deal. At least not as bad as pheromosa. Protean gren is still a douche that is nigh impossible to cover (holy hell spikes sets are crazy good right now) but everyone wants to use ash-gren cause power. Basically, if they send greninja out to revenge kill your scarfer, it's almost always ash-gren
    edited March 11
    What's funny is I run Ash greninja and with exception of Scarf LeLe it beats all of those Mons you listed.

The thing about Protean Greninja is its one thing to have to guess its move set. Its another when you have to figure out the Mon first THEN guess what its runnin . They are bluffing it really well. That sane situation you mentioned about revenge killing works in withers favor. Say if a team is using Heatran/Fini Core. Someone sends in Ash Greninja after it kills something. The best response is to send in Fini so that is what they do. Then you catch that gunk shot and lose fini for it. Those kind of situations happen all the time. I think that is a lot more dangerous and common than dealing with Mosa. Just my opinion.

Metagross isn't that big a deal IMO. Yes the coverage can be troublesome but it isn't as bad as certain other things. When it comes down to it I would rather see Metagross than greninja, Lele. Pheramosa is predictable. Literally if they see you have lando its leading with ice beam.

Main set I have seen is

Z move item
    Uturn
    Ice beam
    HJK
    Filler (HP's, Quiver Dance, Bugg Buzz etc)

It hits hard but its predictable. I would rather deal with those things that are predictable, over having to figure it out by throwing a Mon away to know what it is

It's best set is:

Quiver Dance
    Focus Blast
    Bug Buzz
    Ice Beam / Hyper Beam
    Fightium/normalium
    Lol Hyper Beam... It's been a looooong time since I saw that move being used seriously outside of meme Porygon-Z sets.
    edited March 11
    It bypasses quite a few things like tapu fini and toxapex. Obviously use it with normalium
    I have yet to see hyper beam. I can see why it would be useful. Hell I figure it was only a matter of time before people started z moving those high powered recharge moves

Gengar is really good right now as well. Surprised I haven't seen a lot of them. Ghost is good coverage, sludge wave hits fairies. It has good coverage outside of that. Can run specs or scarf. Makes good use of Z crystals. Can use sash. Cursed body is actually a good ability on it for stopping choice users or turning certain Mons into setup fodder if it activates (Ash greninja). I have been getting a lot of mileage out of it.

edited March 11
    Gengar is stupid. Ghost stab is retarded right now. There are no switch ins thanks to no dark/normal types besides greninja and chansey in which greninja takes 50+ and chansey still cant beat gengar

He's super anti meta right now
    Annnnnd we finally end the first Gen 7 tournament with a White Shadow victory! Congratulations!

/salty
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    No guys, Gengar lost levitate, so it's trash now, remember?

It's a developer favorite... no way Gengizzle will ever not be good.
    No guys, Gengar lost levitate, so it's trash now, remember?

It's a developer favorite... no way Gengizzle will ever not be good.

Tbh, i think we all estimated how fucking dumb ghost stab would be cause marowak-a is still a solid poke and we underrated the fuck out of that

Except you...GOD DAMNIT
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Folks underestimated just how useful having an offensive T-Spikes absorber is in this metagame. But from my experience Z-Gengar is what's most scary. With its movepool you have no idea what Z-Move it can be running and it's support movepool also makes it wildly unpredictable.

Fortunately, no one has used the set I think has the most potential yet. Heh...
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    To be fair I thought it was going to be good because it still does the main thing it did, destroy and put pressure on the opponent. It just couldn't switch into lando sand offense and choice users stuck in earthquake. Not like it matters that much. Having said that it is a wealth of fairies for it to take advantage of l, just like metagross. So the ability didn't bother me so much. I figured it would stay the same.

Some of these battlers clearly have deep psychological issues:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-545953111

edited March 15
    So from what I gather a couple of you want Pheromosa gone still but keep everything else the same?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I want aegislash gone cause it's a centralizing piece of shit. Phero can stay if aegis stays. If aegis goes phero can go as well.
    Meanwhile, Lele and Metagross be like...

Only thing Aegis "centralizes" is the index finger I use to taunt it's silly ass.

Only thing Aegis "centralizes" is the index finger I use to taunt it's silly ass.

why would aegis care if they taunt him? they're going to eat a shadow ball
  • alejandroshalejandrosh Joined: Posts: 434

Not being able to use king shield, if I remember correctly King's shield 50/50s was one of the reasons it got banned last gen.

I'm not saying taunting a pokemon with 150 stats in attack is always a good idea, but if you really need it dead you can taunt - die - pursuit trap.
    UMVC3 : magneto (too fair)/footdive (top 3)/dante (c tier)
    youtube channel

Not being able to use king shield, if I remember correctly King's shield 50/50s was one of the reasons it got banned last gen.

I'm not saying taunting a pokemon with 150 stats in attack is always a good idea, but if you really need it dead you can taunt - die - pursuit trap.

Which means it already did it's job.
  • alejandroshalejandrosh Joined: Posts: 434
    It depends on what job it had on their team, I used to do that in early gen 7 when I faced lots of teams that got swept free by pheromosa once their aegislash was dead.
    UMVC3 : magneto (too fair)/footdive (top 3)/dante (c tier)
    youtube channel
    Aegislash never bothered me. I always could deal with it.

charlie88 wrote: »
    Aegislash never bothered me. I always could deal with it.

it's not a problem of dealing with it, it's a problem of it being the absolute necessary thing to win with on a team (basically). it picks and chooses what is viable and what isn't. it's centralizing as fuck
    Kind of like Tapu Lele and friends do now?

Huh... how about that?
    Kind of like Tapu Lele and friends do now?

Huh... how about that?

no, they don't. i'm literally playing the meta a lot more now and nothing controls the meta to the extent aegislash did. it's actually quite fun right now. the issues currently is mostly a combo of mega meta/pheromosa/greninja causing the meta to be super offensive but it's not the aegislash meta where it's basically "do i beat aegis or not"
    So votes on:

Pheromosa
    Aegislash

Is that it?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    honestly, i'd be okay with just aegislash being voted to ban. While i despise phero's presence in the meta, i can't 100% say she's bannable right now. I think banning aegis would be much better cause of his control over any non-uber legendary meta
    edited March 19
    Since I spend most of my time playing on showdown I won't offer up an opinion on the bans for this group.

I will say that I think (if Bious does want to ban anything) majority of the people in here despise Aegislash so I think you probably would do well yo insta-ban it since that typically is the consensus here from those that actually play the SRK meta.