SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Ultra Po Town (Now with Ultra Saltiness)

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    What matches?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,782
    po pimpus wrote: »
    What matches?

Arent you in the wifi tournament?
    Yeah, and I ain't seen no one post anything about it starting or the matchups.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Bious has posted like 6 times lol
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,619

It started at the beginning of December. Two matches have already been done.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,393

You're playing @r00ster22.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    God damn Salazzle is A straight up Nightmare for Stall teams. Made 3 stall teams rage quit on Showdown due to Salazzle just fucking them over with corrosion Toxic and disable. Gonna have to swap out Incineroar for it. Might use Incineroar on a Doubles team.
    So I checked every post for the last several pages, and the OP, and nowhere is this tournament mentioned beyond vague "starting soon, get your teams ready" posts.

So, again... WHAT MATCHES?
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,455
    edited January 5
    Bulu tends to run Band or Assault Vest. In rarer cases, Miracle Seed/Lefties/either Grassium Z or Rockium Z to net some surprise OHKOs on stuff it can't normally beat easily.
    Bious wrote: »
    One other thing I forgot, Doggo and Snako Zygarde are allowed.

Anyway, Z-Eevee has been banned on Doubles OU.

Oh, and finish your teams soon *hint hint*.

Alrighty, I'm sure you all have has enough time to make teams. Time Limit is now in effect and ends in 2 weeks. Get em done.

Anyone challenging Loco will have to use PM's or Discord to talk to him until he's allowed to post again.

Pg 9, Pg 11 respectively. I have to find the matchup listings but it was posted.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    edited January 5
    Annnnnnnnnd here are your matches!

ROUND 1

Bious vs locoghoul
    Po Pimpus vs r00ster22
    Bulldancer vs Phantom
    Mood vs White Shadow

No time limit, but don't make me put one.

Shut it @po pimpus

Middle of page 6
    I still haven't finished the game, lol... Oh well. Guess I'll slap something together for this shit in a day or two.
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,943
    edited January 5
    Ok @po pimpus let me know when you have something.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,961 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 5
    Haven't played in a while, decided to do some matches. I'm rusty now

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511358656 - terrible match all around
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511363538 - also terrible

2-5 something today, damn fire emblem lol

Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

@Ephidel You playing?
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    edited January 5
    @BullDancer

yep I'm still playing, send an invite! I haven't made a gen 7 team yet out of laziness

Alright @Ephidel I'm hopping on showdown under my screename communicate with me there lol
    edited January 5
    Battles with BullDancer

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511421838 - 135 something turns
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511415907 - one of these had a freeze hax
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511402910 - no I think this one I got swept
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-511406943 - or was it this one?

always ggs!

I'm lost with these matches lol

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/initial-gen-7-uu-banlists.3591784/

For those that missed gen vi ou. Gen vii uu is like gen vi ou so there's that (they're making uu a playable tier now for those that like it). Here's uu banlist
    Welp zard y and kyurem b already BL.....that was fast

Never change (but i dont really blame you)
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    Isn't this the first time D-Nite has been in UU?
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    charlie88 wrote: »
    Isn't this the first time D-Nite has been in UU?

No. I think he was UU at points during gens 1 and 2. Im not sure on 3
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,619
    edited January 6
    D-Night was BL in Gen 3.

In Gen 4 he was UU until Sally got the boot.

Gen V Multiscale came and made him a powerhouse.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Dragonite has always been good, but until Multiscale, it was just Discount Salamence that could Focus Punch things.
    Dragonite has always been good, but until Multiscale, it was just Discount Salamence that could Focus Punch things.

But dat gen 1 agility toxic wrap set tho
    Garchomp pretty much dug Dragonite's grave up until Multiscale. It had no niche of its own; Garchomp was faster, resist S/R, and had immunity to Twave. If you tried to run mixed or DD sets, Mence would outclass it. I remember when platinum came out and they announced that Mence would now receive Outrage, and people were posting "RIP Dragonite" lol.

That UU meta is where I need to be (:

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,283
    Dragonite turned to shit the moment the faster dragons rocked up.

Speed is everything if you're not playing a Trick Room team.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Wasted wrote: »
    Dragonite turned to shit the moment the faster dragons rocked up.

Speed is everything if you're not playing a Trick Room team.

Lies. Dragonite never was really good until multiscale. It was a lesser salamence cause salamence had the coom ability and that speed.

Gen v gave it multiscale and then it got super good giving mence the middle finger. Garchomp has the best stat spread of any pokemon ever so it doesnt care
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 5,063
    Yeah UU is looking dope. I still need to make my mono Dragon Team since I now have so many to choose from
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
    Its crazy how they power creeped the shit out of this game, and Garchomp is still a god. One of the biggest mistakes that has somehow been overshadowed by even worse mistakes. Thanks gamefreak.
    BullDancer wrote: »
    Its crazy how they power creeped the shit out of this game, and Garchomp is still a god. One of the biggest mistakes that has somehow been overshadowed by even worse mistakes. Thanks gamefreak.

They keep Garchomp around because it's both popular and a developer favorite. Has nothing to do with "balance".

It's the same reason Slowpoke and Psyduck families keep popping up in every region's Pokedex alongside the Gastly line.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    So we all gonna act like Extreme Speed didn't do anything for Dragonite??? Banded Extreme speed from D nite did damage. Like frail pokemon after stealth rock damage were not safe. bandnite with E Speed could get surprise sweeps. And shut down priority users that would normally check the other Dragons thanks to E speeds +2 priority. I don't get how anyone could call a poke with A base stat total of 600 bad or useless. Outclassed overall by the other Dragon's sure. But Dragonite did have A niche when E speed and Multiscale came about.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 6
    Yeah moreso than Multiscale, Extremespeed was the biggest draw for me personally. With it's high attack stat, whether it was DDnite or CBnite at +1 with +2 priority you're pretty much a god mid-late game.

Classic threats like Weavile and Mamoswine all fall to the wayside if you've sufficiently weakened them prior (+hazards) and with advent of team preview it was easy to see when you could get started cleaning or setting up. Multiscale is what put it over the edge in terms of usability, but seeing how easy it is to spam Rocks it wasn't the biggest draw.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Extremespeed on nite is still pretty good, but when other priority attackers started opening up it was hard to justify slotting Dragonite up until Multiscale. Even still, you had to take accountability of having a spinner in the case that you'd have to use Dragonite earlier than you normally would. Still would be dumb to underestimate it, because it can surprise you out of nowhere and mess you up somehow. With their checks removed, Garchomp/Outrage Mence was so ridiculous they were virtually unstoppable in D/P

Inner focus Dragonite still outclasses Altaria, and to a lesser extent Flygon. However, those pokemon have found niches in their respective metagames.

Why is Skarmory banned from OU???
    edited January 6
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Why is Skarmory banned from OU???

It's not....

Those are OU stats showing the UU cutoff
    Oh OK
    edited January 6
    http://pastebin.com/qrNFhjRR

Here, have fun with this. Volcarona sets up and wins. It beats so many gen vii pokemon i love it

I havent lost yet. No replays cause i did this on phone app and replay recording is dumb.

Few things i have learned:

Tapu Fini is the best defogger in the game. This thing is soooooooooooooooo good. Fucks stall over too.
    Toxapex is fatter than i imagined
    Fire types need fini as a partner, no seriously, they compliment so wel.
    Magaerna is.....lulzy
    Alola Marowak is overrated but still good
    Suspect tier is a lot of fun without genesect running amok.
    We overestimated pheromosa greatly....for now
    Fuck tapu lele

Im liking this gen so far.
    edited January 7
    So... other than the bit crying about Lele, "PO WAS RIGHT, AS USUAL."

:coffee:
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,393
    More like PO....NEEDS TO GET A TEAM TOGETHER AND PLAY HIS DAMN MATCH
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited January 7
    Is your name r00ster22?

No?

Then sit down and hush, child.

Sunday, @r00ster22. I should have time then.