SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Po Town

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,714
    edited March 19
    Moods a pro at being incorrect... This dude swore Browser was booty butt cheeks in Smash 4, until he was proven wrong(as usual)... Take nothing he says about a metagame seriously.

If there's a way to be wrong, Mood will find it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,159
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Moods a bitch. This dude swore Browser was booty butt cheeks in Smash 4, until he was proven wrong(as usual)... Take nothing he says about a metagame seriously.

Bowser was ass until he got buffed....
    Moods a bitch. This dude swore Browser was booty butt cheeks in Smash 4, until he was proven wrong(as usual)... Take nothing he says about a metagame seriously.

And you swore he was still ass after buffs, until players started beating shit like Cloud and Marth with him.

Shall we go over how wrong you were about Marth/Alolan Marowak/Muk as well?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

And you swore he was still ass after buffs, until players started beating shit like Cloud and Marth with him.

Shall we go over how wrong you were about Marth/Alolan Marowak/Muk as well?

Marth was bad
    I was more upset with myself and i still dont think bowser can push it passed his current level, too many bad match ups

Alola-muk isnt good, he's just a niche pick for teams that are super weak to tapu lele. Albeit he wad underestimated he's still not very good

Alola-marowak was underrated, but this isnt just by me, no one knew how good ghost stab would be. He's anti meta
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,875
    Off topic but never thought I would ever see smash get patches for balance. Stopped playing a while ago but Mario was my main since N64...last I heard he kicked ass in this game...did they nerf him at all?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,846
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Off topic but never thought I would ever see smash get patches for balance. Stopped playing a while ago but Mario was my main since N64...last I heard he kicked ass in this game...did they nerf him at all?

Mario's Top 5 :coffee:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited March 20
    Infernoman wrote: »

Funny thing is, Mario is like the only character that never got touched by patches outside of a readjustment to a custom FLUDD move(that no one ever used), IIRC.

Mario was always that good in Smash 4, he just got overlooked because other more retarded characters were(and still are) getting away with murder for half the effort.

He, and (sadly) Jigglypuff are two of the only characters to not be majorly affected by patches.
    #buffthepuff
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,896
    Oh shit I must be in the wrong thread my apologies.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,836
    I stopped playing smash after melee as the game got stupid. Especially that stupid as fall mechanic in Brawl smfh
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 6,966
    edited March 21
    So is there a way to get the Pokemon event-based Mega Stones yet? I did both events, but I still don't have/know how to get the beedrillite/mawilite/pidgeotite yet.

Also, does anyone have a spare female multiscale Dratini?
    should just be a mystery gift i think, i'd check serebii
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,836
    edited March 22
    I heard they wouldn't be out til may. Only way to get mawilite and beedrilite is to have participated in that event from last month but they haven't gave them out yet to my knowledge

Question for a friend

A friend of mine wants to know does Adaptability double stab z moves? Example is porygon z using normalium z for hyperbeam. I am sure the answer is no but I am not sure on the mechanics of z moves.

• xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,258
    Need some help with my squad.

Incineroar
    Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Choice Scarf

Toxapex
    Merciless
    Calm Nature
    Max Health/Defense
    Eviolite

Azumarill
    Huge Power
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Leftovers

Mandibuzz
    Overcoat
    Careful Nature
    Max S. Defense/ 128 Health / 128 Defense
    Leftovers

Excadrill
    Mold Breaker
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Rocky Helmet

Work in progress (Currently using Nihilego for Toxapex support)
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    charlie88 wrote: »
    Question for a friend

A friend of mine wants to know does Adaptability double stab z moves? Example is porygon z using normalium z for hyperbeam. I am sure the answer is no but I am not sure on the mechanics of z moves.

IIRC, Adaptability does boost the strength of Breakneck Blitz.
    Need some help with my squad.

Incineroar
    Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Choice Scarf

Toxapex
    Merciless
    Calm Nature
    Max Health/Defense
    Eviolite

Azumarill
    Huge Power
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Leftovers

Mandibuzz
    Overcoat
    Careful Nature
    Max S. Defense/ 128 Health / 128 Defense
    Leftovers

Excadrill
    Mold Breaker
    Adamant Nature
    Max Health/Attack
    Rocky Helmet

Work in progress (Currently using Nihilego for Toxapex support)

What meta you trying to use this team in? Casual, smogon ou, vgc, etc?
    charlie88 wrote: »
    Question for a friend

It should. Z moves are just nukes. Ill look around
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,864
    edited March 22
    If you want to make Merciless Toxapex work you need to make it Modest with max Sp. Atk, otherwise you are 99% better off running Regenerator on any Toxapex. Also Evolite won't work with it, give it Black Sludge.

Incineroar can't take hits that well. Dump those HP EV's into speed if you're scarfing it.

Max the Health on Mandibuzz for better bulk.

I would put a choice band on that Azumarill instead of Leftovers. Azu's main job is to hit like a truck, not sit around and eat. If you're using Belly Drum use a Sitrus Berry. If you need it to take hits put an assult vest on it.

Excadrill and Rocky Helmet don't really go together. Either use an Air Balloon to dodge ground attacks or Life Orb for Power. Also if you're having it kill things maybe max the speed instead of HP.

What are your movesets?
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,258

Mostly casuals. This squad will not survive OU Smogon.
    Bious wrote: »
    If you want to make Merciless Toxapex work you need to make it Modest with max Sp. Atk, otherwise you are 99% better off running Regenerator on any Toxapex. Also Evolite won't work with it, give it Black Sludge.

You're sure? Because I've done a complete sweep a few times with just my Toxapex on Smogon (they weren't complete scrubs either)
    What are your movesets?

For all my pokemon? Um...hold on.

Ninja Edit:

Incineroar
    Flare Blitz
    Cross Chop
    Darkest Lariat
    U-Turn

Toxapex
    Recover
    Stockpile
    Infestation
    Venoshock

Azumarill
    Aqua Jet
    Belly Drum
    Play Rough
    Ice Punch

Mandibuzz
    Roost
    Protect
    Toxic
    Defog

Excadrill
    Earthquake
    Iron Head
    Rapid Spin
    Rock Slide

Nihilego (Temp)
    Toxic Spikes
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Protect

Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
    Honestly easiest thing is to make the team in showdown and then pastebin it so It's easier to read

Dont use that nihilego
    Does anybody have a female multiscale dratini they're willing to part with?

Mostly casuals. This squad will not survive OU Smogon.

You're sure? Because I've done a complete sweep a few times with just my Toxapex on Smogon (they weren't complete scrubs either)
    What are your movesets?

For all my pokemon? Um...hold on.

Ninja Edit:

Incineroar
    Flare Blitz
    Cross Chop
    Darkest Lariat
    U-Turn

Toxapex
    Recover
    Stockpile
    Infestation
    Venoshock

Azumarill
    Aqua Jet
    Belly Drum
    Play Rough
    Ice Punch

Mandibuzz
    Roost
    Protect
    Toxic
    Defog

Excadrill
    Earthquake
    Iron Head
    Rapid Spin
    Rock Slide

Nihilego (Temp)
    Toxic Spikes
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Protect

http://pastebin.com/4A1VRVdi

here's some edits to your team I made. It's actually all the same pokemon but should be a little more optimized around BD azumarill. It also doesn't autolose to taunt anymore.

I made excadrill a dedicated lead, it's able to set up rocks against any team while still hitting hard. Mandibuzz is now dedicated to tanking physical hits and also removing hazards. Foul Play is so that set up sweepers don't abuse it's passiveness and so it's not useless against taunt. Nihilego is your scarfer so you have speed control. I made toxapex the bulky pivot set, it's able to tank special attacks as long as they're not tapu koko tbolts basically. Inciniroar is now a bulky offensive pivot. It's designed to scout and lure (hence the z move). I don't know if it entirely fits but since this is casual play it should be fine honestly. The team would struggle against stall but again, i doubt your friends are that soulless to play stall. This should be much easier to use than what you had at first. hope this helps.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 24
    I'll just leave this here to see the opinions:

http://thecaseforkyogre.blogspot.rs/2017/03/this-might-sound-completely-ridiculous.html?m=1
    This might sound completely ridiculous at first, but would it be possible to unban kyogre from sm ou? It'm not talking about primal kyogre of course, but just regular kyogre. it might have some impressive stats, but so does kyurem-B and it is far from broken. Also, with the introduction of new pokemon in generation 7, it now has plenty of counters. For example:

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre in Electric Terrain: 444-524 (129.8 - 153.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 414-488 (121 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed

:*
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Hell no. Weather Wars(and rain especially) can fuck off straight back into the hell that is Gen V.

If you're going to cry about Deoxys and Aegislash, then fuck no to goddamn Kyogre and Groudon.
    Unban M-Ray Ray.
    Hell no. Weather Wars(and rain especially) can fuck off straight back into the hell that is Gen V.

If you're going to cry about Deoxys and Aegislash, then fuck no to goddamn Kyogre and Groudon.

But ferrothorn can OHKO with power whip if it runs 204 EVs in attack! It must be okay for OU!
    edited March 24
    Fuck all that, I am just waiting on Hinata to get her byakugan (mega stone) so I can start palming everyone shit in. Been playing Beedrill and its been fun slaughtering all the Tapu but now I need more variety.

So what took so goddamned long for them to realize the hypocrisy of that ban?
    Speaking of bans, Pheromosa is being suspected on Showdown.

Speaking of Roach Queens, have a vote:

Pheramosa: Keep Banned or release?
    Aegislash: Ban or keep unbanned?

Vote now.
    Speaking of bans, Pheromosa is being suspected on Showdown.

Speaking of Roach Queens, have a vote:

Pheramosa: Keep Banned or release?
    Aegislash: Ban or keep unbanned?

Vote now.

Ban aegis

Ban phero, greninja, and mega metagross cause Fuck it yoloswag1884
    Ban Z-moves unban Lunatone

r00ster22 wrote: »
    Ban Z-moves unban Lunatone

Get out.
    Free Mega Ray-Ray
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,039
    Never played against phero
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
    Never played against phero

Hits hard on both sides, has Ice Beam to stop a lot of usual counters, dies to a stiff breeze, outspeeds most of the meta, but ironically is free to Talonflame and Aegislash and a bunch of other Ghosts.
    Only thing you need to know about pheramosa is Ash greninja kills it with water shuriken 100% of the time.

Blaze Blaziken is now rebanned on Showdown.

That was probably the weakest April Fool's prank ever.

Not surprised considering where it comes from.
    Blaze Blaziken is now rebanned on Showdown.

That was probably the weakest April Fool's prank ever.

Not surprised considering where it comes from.

Someone fell for it though
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,039
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
    Time for Mawile to save us from Tapu hell, then get banned again...

mawile is honestly pretty okay. it's speed kills it and priority is heavily nerfed. it's not mega metagross. it's super viable but not the monster it was last gen

mega medicham scares me
    In lieu of no one voting (and in two cases not voting seriously), I'm keeping Pheromosa banned but Aegislash unbanned.

Anyway, stay tuned for tournament news!
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 7

mega medicham scares me

Actually I was looking forward to teambuilding with it, but it needs a lot of support. It faces a lot of threats in the metagame, namely Tapus and Mega Sableye. Did a bunch of calcs and many OU staples can take a hit and OHKO it back;. It's still incredibly powerful but it resides in a precarious speed tier with fragile defenses so so we'll see...

Mega Lopunny is definitely going to be a metagame changer though.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    edited April 7
    No Mega Mawile is the same but OU has about 10 Past Gen level Uber mons running around for some reason.

edited April 7

mega medicham scares me

Actually I was looking forward to teambuilding with it, but it needs a lot of support. It faces a lot of threats in the metagame, namely Tapus and Mega Sableye. Did a bunch of calcs and many OU staples can take a hit and OHKO it back;. It's still incredibly powerful but it resides in a precarious speed tier with fragile defenses so so we'll see...

Mega Lopunny is definitely going to be a metagame changer though.

electric terrain seems to be the best partner as the only thing that will not be 2HKO'd in OU is tapu bulu. Zen/HJK/Tpunch 2HKOs everythinng.

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 309-364 (74.1 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 246-291 (61 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Amoonguss: 245-288 (56.8 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
    252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 194-228 (48 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
    -1 252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 140-165 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 170-201 (43.1 - 51%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
    252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 146-172 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

holy fuck this thing hits hard
    r00ster22 wrote: »
    No Mega Mawile is the same but OU has about 10 Past Gen level Uber mons running around for some reason.

i never feel truly threatened by it this gen. Last gen it would murk everything. This gen isn't the case
    Post edited by Mood4food77 on
    @Mood4food77 This is under the assumption something is switching in to be 2HKO'd. 1v1 there's not a lot it can stay in on without prior damage.

Por ejemplo:

0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 154-183 (59 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

With a HJK it's taking an additional ~32% from Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin which is potentially fatal.

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 224-266 (85.8 - 101.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thunderpunch doesn't OHKO either.

Also bear in mind your calcs are from Adamant Mega Medicham which means he can't speed tie with base 100 mons in the tier and gets outspeed by + nature ones like Tapu Lele. It's also an additional ghost weak to any team (a noticeable issue in OU) with the only usable priority being a non-STAB Bulletpunch.

Mega Medicham needs heavy slow Volturn support and prediction to maintain its survival, which other Megas in the tier don't have to worry about. This isn't saying Mega Medicham can't wallbreak or threaten, it's a matter if that alone warrants a Mega slot in the era of Tapus, Mawile, and Z-nukes.

Does anybody have a female multiscale dratini they're willing to trade?