SRK Comp. Pokemon Thread MK2: Welcome to Ultra Po Town

Comments

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,498
    Btw signups open. Rules are the same as usual, no dupes, SRK rule set, Mega and Z-Moves allowed, etc.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    edited October 6
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-new-video-game-championships-format-for-2018/

Taking bets on how many top 8 teams DON'T have Lando-T.
    All of them won't.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,793
    Bious wrote: »
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-new-video-game-championships-format-for-2018/

All of them won't.

Unless you can catch Lando in Ultra Sun/Moon...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,667
    po pimpus wrote: »

All of them won't.

Damnit bious! You let po correct you!

+1 for po
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431

All of them won't.

+1 for po

He best screen cap this to ensure this moment won't be forgotten
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited October 7
    Infernoman wrote: »

All of them won't.

+1 for po

I've been schooling fools in here for months though.

2-0... NEVER FORGET LOCOGHOUL.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    No one read that spoiler huh.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    No one read that spoiler huh.

You used a double negative. No one knew what you meant.
    Infernoman wrote: »

All of them won't.

+1 for po

I've been schooling fools in here for months though.

2-0... NEVER FORGET LOCOGHOUL.

you won 1 set and now you keep it held safely in your heart because it's all you have.

how bout those other losses you refuse to accept huh?
    I only mention it when you assholes try to disrespect me to remind you that y'all ain't shit.

I don't care how many times I've lost doing shit my way... the fact I can kick your asses in your own wheelhouse with your own tactics SHOULD have shut you up.

Now get back to crying about Arena Trap or whatever it is you do...
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Nah you are free win since gen 5 or whenever you joined this thread (shoutout to the OGs infernoman and white Shadow back in gen 4)
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    I only mention it when you assholes try to disrespect me to remind you that y'all ain't shit.

I don't care how many times I've lost doing shit my way... the fact I can kick your asses in your own wheelhouse with your own tactics SHOULD have shut you up.

Now get back to crying about Arena Trap or whatever it is you do...

you played matches using smogon rules against me

it was a clean 2-0
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Nah you are free win since gen 5 or whenever you joined this thread (shoutout to the OGs infernoman and white Shadow back in gen 4)

I wish I recorded more matches back then. The handful ai uploaded years ago I should have kept going. I could have been YouTube famous by now!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    your video posted here back in 2008/9 (you vs WS) made me go into competitive mons
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've actually been meaning to upload matches to show the thought process skilled battlers have during battles, but I suck at video editing and don't know caption properly. I might just post the battles and write out what's happening here each turn.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    that one match we had where you had shed shell Skarmory after I fucking took 2 h to breed a HP Fire Magnezone...

I did raise my fist to the air and said "I hate you White Shadow"
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that one match we had where you had shed shell Skarmory after I fucking took 2 h to breed a HP Fire Magnezone...

I did raise my fist to the air and said "I hate you White Shadow"

Goomy has only a 5% appearance rate in S.O.S. battles (only during the rain) and only a 5% chance of holding a Shed Shell. Do the math on how long it took get one.

I win Suffering Olympics by light years son.

Take this!

SfUzzs1.gif
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Then it just hit me- Arena Trap would be less of a problem if people could still use Baton Pass...
    I've actually been meaning to upload matches to show the thought process skilled battlers have during battles, but I suck at video editing and don't know caption properly. I might just post the battles and write out what's happening here each turn.

I could help you out with this. Message me on discord with exactly what you want
    edited October 7
    Cause Chansey/Heatran/Toxapex/Tyranitar/Kyurem-B learn Baton Pass...

Stick to all the other threads plz
    Cause Chansey/Heatran/Toxapex/Tyranitar/Kyurem-B learn Baton Pass...

Stick to all the other threads plz

No, they don't... However, Dugtrio has been trapping fools since 2002.

What changed other than the degradation of "da metagame" caused by your cohorts, and mass exodus of skilled players in the wake of all the knee-jerk bans and politicking for said bans versus just playing and getting better?

Last I checked, Whack-a-mole still dies to a stiff breeze... The fact Whack-a-mole, Jr. and Not-an-antlion are bodying your shoddy excuses for cores is an indictment of the "meta's" over-reliance on stall and the Steel types that support playing for 200+ turns with no real endgame in mind.

Stop trying to make punk ass stall viable by banning shit, and learn to adapt to the current environment... Oh, but that takes flexibility and open-mindedness, and we know the German Koffing Society don't do that shit.

Stick to being silent and humble, as the defeated are wont to do.
    Nigga just stop. You can't and def should not talk about something you don't know. That's democracy's fault making every ignorant entitled to speak cause "we are all equal" lol

Dugtrio traps everything grounded, weak to ground or not. I have killed Finis, Kyurem-B, Chansey, Medicham, Clefable, etc.

And no, it can't take a hit. Which is why you bring it on double switches (a concept you are unaware of I know) or after something dies.

To make this post a lesson rather than just pointing at your ignorance, the stuff that has changed since gen 3 is his Atk getting buffed to 100 from 80 and Z moves. Trapping has been gay since power creep started. Remove one check and your offensive mon is gonna hump you more than Mood and Rooster.

Oh and it wasn't just used in stall btw ROFL. Just confirm you are Verlis son already, we all know by now
    edited October 7
    I'm gonna try to make this short like your attention span:

1. We ain't equal. I'm better than you and have proved it by word and by action.

2. I know how Arena Trap works. I guess flying types, levitate, ghosts, air balloon, and shed shell don't exist... Oh wait, they do.

3. Double switches are for when you know what your opponent is gonna bring in-- You see Dig-Dug in Team Preview, you best be ready to slap it upside the head before getting cute with your switches. It revenge killing is nothing new... Again, Team Preview. Have something ready to stop it.

4. The attack stat boost is negligible since it still needs a Band or Z-crystal to do most of its work... Which means it doesn't have a Sash... Which means hit the damn thing.

5. Never said it was used in only in stall (which it can be)... It's best use has always been on offensive teams that need to be rid of walls or checks they can't normally get around.

So, again. This thing has been doing the same shit since Advance... Why are you letting it beat you, if it's just a "gimmick mon" that can't take damage?
  • Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,730
    If you double switched right and trapped whatever you wanted with Dugtrio, you outplayed the other guy, so you deserve your reward. If that's a big part of the argument why they banned it, then lol.
    Then it just hit me- Arena Trap would be less of a problem if people could still use Baton Pass...

case fucking closed
    edited October 7
    So, you've admitted that I was correct in my rebuff of your "Dugtrio is too OP" diatribe?
    nah, I am confirming Oklahoma is a shit hole and deserves all the bad stuff that happens
    And New York and Cali are full of whiny man-babies who can't take an L and keep it moving.
    edited October 7
    I agree, especially California
    252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 252-296 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's a significant increase in power. Add in Z moves and it's guaranteed to net a kill per game. There were a couple of tournaments ran where Dugtrio had a 100% win rate as long as it trapped something. While it made stall really freaking good, it also made stuff like Zard Y incredibly powerful by sheer means of taking away any checks for zard y. I started seeing Eject Button Latios and Toxapex just so dugtrio would net the kill

Fuck arena trap
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,426
    +1 on White Shadow with Shed Shell Skarmory. I was going to have to fight that man after he switched out on a Magnet Pull. He was about to catch some hands, because I didn't know how he did it.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    Sounds like Po needs a bigger challenge.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Sounds like Po needs a bigger challenge.

Sounds like these assholes need to accept that I am their better.

How is it that I can get along fine with everyone else in this thread, even when we disagree, but these two ass clowns always got some slick shit to say, even after catching these hands?

The fact that someone that doesn't even really play anymore has more knowledge and skill than the two of them put together should have humbled them, yet here we are...
    How about a little wager then?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Nope.

I don't play seriously anymore.

I did what I said I would do, and that SHOULD have deaded all this passive-aggressive nonsense...

I don't have to do shit but mock the Koffing Nazis, stay black, and say FUCK CAPCPOM.

Nope.

I don't play seriously anymore.

I did what I said I would do, and that SHOULD have deaded all this passive-aggressive nonsense...

I don't have to do shit but mock the Koffing Nazis, stay black, and say FUCK CAPCPOM.

Technically you still did lose to Mood 3 times. So if you wanna prove yourself you gotta go out in style.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Who is Mood?

All I want the respect on my name I rightfully earned.
    edited October 7
    Who is Mood?

All I want the respect on my name I rightfully earned.

Ignoring the 20 other matches you've lost all to hang on to the one match you won isn't worthy of respect.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    This clown forgets all the other games where I creampied him ROFL. Good luck there on team matchup. And keep spreading your nonsense, we all know Verlis is like a PhD compared to you real talk