MvC Infinite CHARACTER Speculation/Request Thread

Comments

• flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 845
    The only reason they colored the Capcom is a reference to Guy and Zeku. Those are their traditional outfit colors. Zeku wears green/yellow and Guy wears red orange/yellow.

Ah thanks. One can hope.
    What do you think Venom's alt will be? Carnage?
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,736
    edited October 15
    flicky wrote: »

I'm hoping for fantastic Brock Jacket

NiceJacket.jpg
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Shockdingo wrote: »

I'm hoping for fantastic Brock Jacket

NiceJacket.jpg

I guess it depends if he's going to be really animated and metamorphic like he was in the older games.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro Shenanigans! Joined: Posts: 942

I think anti is more likely.
    dizzynecro wrote: »

Yeah it looks like a potential fit.

I'm intrigued by the story because Jedah had the power to create a Symbiote, so Venom's relationship with Jedah will be interesting to find out, especially as they're both metamorphic.
  • JohnPauliukJohnPauliuk Joined: Posts: 414
    If it was Carnage then I would be forced to main Vemon.
  • VyomeshVyomesh Joined: Posts: 590

Yeah it looks like a potential fit.

I'm intrigued by the story because Jedah had the power to create a Symbiote, so Venom's relationship with Jedah will be interesting to find out, especially as they're both metamorphic.

I hope Venom only returns because Jedah made a new symbiote. Would be funny to see Brock become Venom again against his will.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want Cyclops in Season 2.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,150
    They've actually spent some time working the VS series theme into the characters. Most notable in Morrigan, Ghost Rider, Dormammu, and Nemesis' bios.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want more Darkstalker characters. I'm sick of Morrigans whore ass getting chosen over other awesome Darkstalker characters. Jedah was an awesome pick for MvCI though.

Gimme Bishamon, Q-bee, Jon Talbain, Pyron, Donovan, and Zabel. A revamped Hsien Ko, Anakaris and BB Hood (even though we have a Chris function) that works with the system mechanics would be great too.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    BBHood function is nothing like Chris. She's more like Racoon than anything, but still very different. She's my number on wanted Capcom character though, her MvC2 version is one of my favorite fighting games to date and really made me fall in love with charge characters.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,222
    Nothing could ever make me fall in love with charge characters.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    If I can't have Anakaris, Pyron/Talbain/Donovan are the most hype picks for me.
    Or they could just put Sasquatch in and we'll see if he can out-derp Zero.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BBHood function is nothing like Chris. She's more like Racoon than anything, but still very different. She's my number on wanted Capcom character though, her MvC2 version is one of my favorite fighting games to date and really made me fall in love with charge characters.

both are machine gun toting, flame thrower wielding, mine throwing gun nuts with a knife. if capcom wants to get rid of chris and put in bb hood, they can turn him into bb hood and vice versa easily.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 43
    Ouroborus wrote: »
    I want more Darkstalker characters. I'm sick of Morrigans whore ass getting chosen over other awesome Darkstalker characters. Jedah was an awesome pick for MvCI though.

Gimme Bishamon, Q-bee, Jon Talbain, Pyron, Donovan, and Zabel. A revamped Hsien Ko, Anakaris and BB Hood (even though we have a Chris function) that works with the system mechanics would be great too.

Pyron.

Of course, I also want M. Bison because we need more Capcom villains.
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
    Ouroborus wrote: »

both are machine gun toting, flame thrower wielding, mine throwing gun nuts with a knife. if capcom wants to get rid of chris and put in bb hood, they can turn him into bb hood and vice versa easily.

That's a thematic similarity and not a functional one. BBHoods machine gun isn't even a projectile. That's like saying Ryu and Chunli are interchangeable because they both punch kick and throw fireballs.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,279 mod
    edited October 22
    Even on function I don't think B.B Hood play style wise is different enough from a Coon or Chris to really be chosen anytime soon. With Winter Solider and Black Widow on the way that's more chances for guns blazing characters with possible C4 mine trap stuff that we already have a lot of at this point. That's also likely why they turned MVC3 Jill into RE5 Jill to create a shake up in her gameplay and not just be what is basically a combination of what Frank West and Chris are now (on top of how relevant RE5 was at that time). If we had MVC2 Jill in 3 and then also returned for Infinite that would be a bit much as far as that visaul and function archetype is concerned.

BB Hood could come in as like a year 3 or 4 thing, but that's about it. Just in general I don't see them planning to choose her anytime soon.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    This is what I thought about Winter Soldier though......I'm not counting anything out anymore.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,612
    edited October 31
    tumblr_inline_mvkc1iXIs61r9b28i.jpg

So this is Ultron...I want this pls...though we getting Phalanx Ultron
    GhostTear wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mvkc1iXIs61r9b28i.jpg

So this is Ultron...I want this pls...though we getting Phalanx Ultron

That's Ultron
    Possessing the body of Tony Stark
    Reconfigured to look like Janet van Dyne (Wasp)

Comics be weird, y'all.

edited October 31
    i watched this 30 minute video on how powerful he is. comics are indeed dumb. but damn just thinking of her (ultron costume) in this game and with a voice change would be hot. fuk it keep the voice lol
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 861
    Multiple Man please.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

sooooo...im bored.

Capcom Roster - 17
    Marvel Roster - 19

With that being said next character pass may be 4-capcom and 2-marvel to even out the character select scree.

Since first batch of DLC was all new, I'm expecting next batch to be a "classic pack".

Capcom needs to bring back AT LEAST two of the following:
    - Amaterasu (my top choice)
    - Viewtiful Joe
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Captain Commando
    - Wesker
    - Jin

is there a reason why a color mode isn't added to fighting games? (besides soul calibur)

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289
    is there a reason why a color mode isn't added to fighting games? (besides soul calibur)

They put one of USF2
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,696
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Since first batch of DLC was all new, I'm expecting next batch to be a "classic pack".

Capcom needs to bring back AT LEAST two of the following:
    - Amaterasu (my top choice)
    - Viewtiful Joe
    - Phoenix Wright
    - Captain Commando
    - Wesker
    - Jin

People complained about NEW characters that should be in from the start, imagine if they sold reused assets for full price.
    For me, reused assets should be separate from the season, and cost less. But it's Capcom.

SFxT had it. But I think Marvel is more anal than other companies when it comes to character integrity. They wouldn't want their characters wearing DC colors.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,088

They put one of USF2

That's nice but is very frustrating it isn't the norm. KoF always did it, SFxT is a recent example, SoulCalibur has an editor along with Tekken. Really it's just Capcom being archaic with SFV and MvCi. Though at least with Marvel I imagine they approve every color Capcom does with the side of the roster so an edit is unlikely. No excuse with SFV.

I'm a reasonable guy, if you don't an editor at least have sets that span as much of the color palette as possible (Blazeblue).
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx

I'll admit I didn't even know this was a thing until SFxT

In this particular game I imagine it has more to do with Marvel wanting to control the colors for THEIR characters.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289

They put one of USF2

That's nice but is very frustrating it isn't the norm. KoF always did it, SFxT is a recent example, SoulCalibur has an editor along with Tekken. Really it's just Capcom being archaic with SFV and MvCi. Though at least with Marvel I imagine they approve every color Capcom does with the side of the roster so an edit is unlikely. No excuse with SFV.

I'm a reasonable guy, if you don't an editor at least have sets that span as much of the color palette as possible (Blazeblue).

I think the reason for no editor in SFV is pretty obvious. They have an entire department in charge of new costumes for SFV. The way they have been pumping them out it would seem to be extremely lucrative. Don't want to disrupt that cash flow. Other fighters probably don't have the personal nor resources Capcom does to devote to making new outfits for their characters. It sucks but with cost of game production and the model that you could really spend no money if you played the piss out of SFV, they need to get their greenbacks someway.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540

People use it to negatively impact the game. In CvS2 people would create custom colors that blend with the background making things hard to see. In SFxT players would use the neon colors to hide hitsparks and generally be an eyesore.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited November 4
    They could totally do an 8-character season of MvC3 characters, who may or may not get heavy changes due to the extra dev time:
    - Phoenix Wright with an overhauled evidence system
    - Wesker with more moves since Time Stone is a thing
    - Viewtiful Joe with more speed/slow effects
    - Amaterasu with an ink meter and new specials (there is a LOT of stuff from Okami she didn't have in 3)
    - Iron Fist but not ass
    - Doctor Doom summoning Doombots
    - MODOK ("infinite" possibilities for him)
    - She-Hulk (team up with Gamora for green women or MonHun for UNGGA_WAIFUS)

Note: I'm intentionally leaving out Tron because we have X/Zero/Sigma, X-Men because you can't divorce them from the brand like Doom can from F4, and Vergil because PLEASE GOD NO

They put one of USF2

I think the reason for no editor in SFV is pretty obvious. They have an entire department in charge of new costumes for SFV. The way they have been pumping them out it would seem to be extremely lucrative. Don't want to disrupt that cash flow. Other fighters probably don't have the personal nor resources Capcom does to devote to making new outfits for their characters. It sucks but with cost of game production and the model that you could really spend no money if you played the piss out of SFV, they need to get their greenbacks someway.

Why would I not get costume DLC because I could put Ken certain colors? How does that relate?

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 390

They put one of USF2

Why would I not get costume DLC because I could put Ken certain colors? How does that relate?

If you made "your" favorite Ken messing with colors you wouldnt "need" a new costumed Ken, also, maybe down the line, go the MOBA way and charge you for alt colors.

They put one of USF2

If you made "your" favorite Ken messing with colors you wouldnt "need" a new costumed Ken, also, maybe down the line, go the MOBA way and charge you for alt colors.

Basically this look at how ADV does costume. Certain colorway on certain characters don't exist on certain costume. If they just gave you the tools to make whatever colorway you wanted you are less likely to drop that zenny.
    edited November 4

They put one of USF2

That's an absurd take. I'm not gonna get, say, a 'party ninja' Ken costume because he's in my fave colors? A whole new model vs color swapping is supposed to be a contest? lol Really?

This the type of shit I was talking about in the general thread. I just can't identify with today's FGC ideals. It's bonkers.

YouTube.com/Kalyx

They put one of USF2

That's an absurd take. I'm not gonna get, say, a 'party ninja' Ken costume because he's in my fave colors? A whole new model vs color swapping is supposed to be a contest? lol Really?

This the type of shit I was talking about in the general thread. I just can't identify with today's FGC ideals. It's bonkers.

?
    edited November 4
    Criticism of fighting games by this generation of the FGC is the most batshit invalid nonsense I've ever seen in my 15yrs since engaging with the 'community'. From the original Calibur forums to Zaibatsu to SRK to Eventhubs; thru the great 'drought' to the 09 revival to the Marvel 3 wars, I done seen it all.

But right now in the 2017, the age of fucking face models and 'no arcade mode no buy', and gameplay has become the second or third most important aspect to many people - I'm an alien, bro. An alien on a new planet. Some cats are seeing the same shit I'm seeing and to be honest, the tide ain't stopping.

Lol I have never seen fighting gamers say some of the stuff I've read recently, stuff I don't even respond to. Don't know how. But I will say this:

The last time I seen this kind of zeitgeist in a community was the Halo community when Reach launched. 343 picked up the series with only a whiney, shallow community to take cues from...

The current game is a mess (aside from Forge) and the community is effectively dead.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 390

They put one of USF2

It's not the FGC's ideal dude, it's the buisness model of the "game as a service". You think i'm kidding with the MOBA selling you alt colors? League of legend does it, heroes of the storm does it, even FPS sell you alt color for guns (or stuff you cant even see yourself). It's not really "greed" or anything from capcom's part. I love arksys but they too sold color alt as dlc.
    It might be an "absurd" take but as far as cosmetic stuff go, i understand the idea of "why put it in the game when you can sell it as dlc since people do pay for it elsewhere".
    Not really criticism, just an observation.