MvC Infinite CHARACTER Speculation/Request Thread

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Yipes' updated wishlist is sick. I just don't like the idea of Guy when there's Strider, and Ken when there's Ryu. Honestly Ryu only exists in MVC cuz he's a poster boy for Street Fighter, if we're gonna pull a Street Fighter rep in addition to Ryu and Chun there's 70+ characters to choose from, some of which never appeared in the crossovers before

Yeah, like Hugo.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 779
    edited May 21
    If the variants are anything to go by, that already implies there'll be 20 Marvel characters alone.

I do wonder if the covers will be one Marvel guy vs one Capcom guy, or 2v2.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,872
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Yeah this game isn't getting more than 30 characters unless Capcom is willing to basically recycle most of UMVC3's roster

E3/SDCC/Evo at six characters a piece with one extra capcom character is an additonal 19 characters.

That equals 34.

Who says they'll be doing announcements in batches? Or any announcements at those specific events? Or any announcements at all?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,724
    If the variants are anything to go by, that already implies there'll be 20 Marvel characters alone.

I do wonder if the covers will be one Marvel guy vs one Capcom guy, or 2v2.

If one cover has a Breath of Fire rep, I might try to buy it. I don't know shit about the comics market here in Brazil though.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    Didn't Ryce's leaks all but confirm Devilot as a Capcom character? There may be a chance we get her on release and Jin as dlc.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,350
    I don't recall that. This was something people guessed when talking about a villain with crazy animations.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,595
    we don't know if it devilot but we just know about animations stuff like

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • ES_CurseES_Curse PRAISE BE Joined: Posts: 8,197
    I wonder if Yami (final boss of Okami, appeared in TvC as a boss) would work in this game?
    Battle starts at 6:00 - 21:00, Phase 2 is 28:40 - 31:30

TvC boss fight

Scale him down to about MvC3 Sentinel size, and we're golden. He can have ball, arms, and hand as separate stances. If we do get giants after all, I would totally pay money for a playable Yami based on his TvC version. Hitboxes FOR DAYS.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 116
    ^XD.

Some people have already said that Groot and Rocket are same character. Groot is in his Level 3 which is already confirmed with teaser trailer. What is not sure yet is if he rides Groot only for Level 3 animation or all the time and summons him during Level 3 or maybe some other moves.
  • Red Rock CandyRed Rock Candy Totally Outrageous Joined: Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

^XD.

Some people have already said that Groot and Rocket are same character. Groot is in his Level 3 which is already confirmed with teaser trailer. What is not sure yet is if he rides Groot only for Level 3 animation or all the time and summons him during Level 3 or maybe some other moves.

What I am saying is Groot rides Rocket.

24/7 Ke$ha.
    edited May 23
    Just got my newest loot crate and pulled a very sweet Rocket & Groot QFig. I really am starting to think the pair is a single character in MvCI. When I really think about it, the characters belong together and I personally would not want them to be separated due to the comics I have read and the movies. The figure is baby Groot mind you, that could lead to some interesting moves and animations.

Psych0j0sh reply: Herumph! Groot is wood and wood is immobile because of physics. Nobody is interested in something as boring as wood. He won't be in the game. Even though we saw a teased super with both characters, Groot will not be featured. I'm a pleasant guy and an artist, give me money to save my cat! Herumph!

I'd more be criticizing you for being a pleb that subscribes to LootCrate.

Also my cat's now back to full health, just in case you guys were wondering.

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,055
    I don't recall that. This was something people guessed when talking about a villain with crazy animations.

There was a little more to it than the animations. He also hinted that the character "may or may not" have been a HvH card in MVC3 and an assist in MVC1. Devilot was the only character that was both of those and still fit the crazy animation description.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    KiyaaKing wrote: »

There was a little more to it than the animations. He also hinted that the character "may or may not" have been a HvH card in MVC3 and an assist in MVC1. Devilot was the only character that was both of those and still fit the crazy animation description.

The phrasing implied it could have been one or the other, or neither. He added it as a qualifier after saying the character never appeared in a MvC game (he meant never playable). I'm holding out hope for a 3rd Darkstalker because I enjoy at least the design of everyone other than Morrigan, Demitri, and Felicia. Never much liked Q Bee, but there's no way in hell she's getting in.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

The variants are obviously unintentional leaks. Although Hulk does not have one, which does show that it is possible that not all the characters in this game have variant covers (i hope this is the case with the X-men and Doom).
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    will Ultron Sigma be restricted to boss character ?
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,285
    Zatalcon wrote: »

The variants are obviously unintentional leaks. Although Hulk does not have one, which does show that it is possible that not all the characters in this game have variant covers (i hope this is the case with the X-men and Doom).

Unintentional? It was a press release, there's even a quote from the Marvel Games executive director with them

“Fight fans, if you can’t wait until September 19th to see heroes from two awesome universes collide in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, we’re bringing you a sneak peek one month earlier when the battle explodes onto the covers of your favorite comics,” Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games executive director, said in a press release. “The game makers at Capcom and Marvel are working closely with a team of the industry’s top talent to deliver all the over the top intensity you’ve come to expect from this fan favorite franchise.”
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 779
    edited May 25
    Zatalcon wrote: »

Except Hulk does have one. Who else is the MvC variant for Generations: Banner Hulk & Totally Awesome Hulk for? I doubt it's for Amadeus.

And i don't see how it's a "leak", this was from an official press release.

Especially since in some cases it's not clear who it might be hinting at. Like the team books that are getting variants.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • ProphylactusProphylactus Preventer of Worlds Joined: Posts: 106
    I'd be excited if Devilot was in the base game. On the Capcom side I'd also like Linn Kurosawa.

• MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    I think Dr. Octupus will make the cut tis time around, they worked on him for a very long time and even had his theme and character art completed as recalled by Nitsuma
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 525
    edited May 28
    Since Marvel 3's assets are being recycled, I have to wonder if Thor is going to get his meter charge move back.

Whenever I saw people Thor, I never saw anyone use his meter charge.
    Rip sig.
    Since Marvel 3's assets are being recycled, I have to wonder if Thor is going to get his meter charge move back.

Because actually hitting people was more efficient. As it should be; this is Mahvel, not DBZ.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 525
    edited May 28

Because actually hitting people was more efficient. As it should be; this is Mahvel, not DBZ.

But of course, which is why I'm wondering if they'll bother brining it back in Infinite.
    Rip sig.
    I wonder if trapping people in the box and doing the Thor speech would be a viable strategy.
    edited May 28
    Maybe hypers go through it?

Or not.

It would be seriously busted if you could just taunt in their face and they just have to sit there and take it. Like it's an animal cage at the zoo.

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,143

People do use it, you just don't see it. Its special cancellable so you could see mighty spark h into speech or used to cut short recovery for incoming setup
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,225
    willseless wrote: »
    I wonder if trapping people in the box and doing the Thor speech would be a viable strategy.

Pretty sure someone in this thread has already stated this will be their entire strategy if Mighty Speech returns.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,587
    I think Krauser from re4 would be cool. Dude would be guaranteed to have a bioinic arm super.

Give me psylocke, a new RE rep, a breath of fire rep, or a monster hunter rep.

Give me any one of those and would I would have some extra hype for this game.
  • kikoKENkikoKEN Joined: Posts: 180
    From current neogaf clues...
    only one female left to reveal :(

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
    - No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
    - Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
    - I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

• kikoKENkikoKEN Joined: Posts: 180
    1.Captain America
    2.iron man
    3.Hulk
    4.Thor
    5.Hawkeye
    6.Rocket/Groot
    7.Spider-man
    8.Venom
    9.Black widow
    10.Captain Marvel
    11.Ant-Man
    12.Dr.Strange
    13.Ultron
    14.Starlord

1.Ryu
    2.Chun-li
    3.Strider
    4.Chris
    5.X
    6.Dante
    7.Spencer
    8.Wesker
    9.Arthur
    10.Morrigan
    11.Jedah
    12.Nemesis
    13.Frank west
    14.Akuma
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    There are 4 newcomers to be revealed. Absolutley no one they reveal can rekindle my excitement for this game. They are selling you UMvC3 again with like 6 new characters, the rest, reused assets to be sold as dlc later. I can't with this company anymore
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,393 mod
    Just give me one of Jedah, Dante, Viper or X23 and it's a good game. If I don't get any of them then it's just an ok game.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,318
    There are 4 newcomers to be revealed. Absolutley no one they reveal can rekindle my excitement for this game. They are selling you UMvC3 again with like 6 new characters, the rest, reused assets to be sold as dlc later. I can't with this company anymore

I asked this question in another thread. Is it really reusing assets when you go from different game engines? They are going from MT frameworks to Unreal 4, how much can you actually carry over.

To me reusing assets is what NRS does... They've had the same animations and shit since MK9 with unreal 3
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,593

Name me a game that had sequels that doesn't reuse assets. You are bitching about something that's common practice by anyone who's ever developed a game.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I'd be happy with Nemesis/Venom.
    But I would buy a PS4 just play it. Hell no if I'm going this far to condone Capcom's actions.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,488
    asse

I asked this question in another thread. Is it really reusing assets when you go from different game engines? They are going from MT frameworks to Unreal 4, how much can you actually carry over.

To me reusing assets is what NRS does... They've had the same animations and shit since MK9 with unreal 3

assets can be imported to different engines. fyi.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191

Name me a game that had sequels that doesn't reuse assets. You are bitching about something that's common practice by anyone who's ever developed a game.

You are reiterating my points from my post in another thread. But I have never seen a company so commited to being trash. How are you reusing assets and you skimp on most of the roster to sell as DLC later? How is that possible?

TvC was reusing 0 assets and had 2 less characters than this game. This game is 75% UMvC3 and it still manages to disappoint. I don't understand how that is possible.

There is no excuse for this at all. Just plain dumbassery and typical capcom business model. Hypothetically if they made this roster 75% reusable and sell more than half the roster as DLC to say 1 million people, they can make a killing. But the simple fact that people,

people who were waiting
    people who were defending the game
    are disappointed,

something is wrong here. If the game was 75% new I wouldn't even care if the roster was low, but they had the gall to release a game with less characters than MvC3, then promise to sell me the rest as DLC. How much am I supposed to pay for this game?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,872
    kikoKEN wrote: »
    From current neogaf clues...
    only one female left to reveal :(

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
    - No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
    - Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
    - I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

It's like Capcom has decided to put all the waifu effort into SFV instead. Also LUL 28 chars, I told you this game isn't breaking 30. This shit is getting R U S H E D
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Its like having a lot of leftover recipes from the another meal. Reusing them, buying new recipes but still skimping on using them in the final meal., and then you are surprised when people say that your cooking sucks