MvC Infinite CHARACTER Speculation/Request Thread

1646566676870»

Comments

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,337
    Hunter and Ghost Rider will be in the base game
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,872
    Hunter and Ghost Rider will be in the base game

Unlikely friend. But we'll see! =)
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 173
    Hunter will be in the base roster
    Jookey wrote: »
    Hunter will be in the base roster

bet money
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 375
    Ghost Rider was in the data leak dude. He's gonna be on the launch roster.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 888
    Feel like it's gonna be Robbie instead of Johnny, which is fine for the most part. The problem is: why should I pick a ghost rider without penance stare?
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330

yup i know that. but not hunter. just a feeling
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,050
    edited July 17
    KiyaaKing wrote: »
    Feel like it's gonna be Robbie instead of Johnny, which is fine for the most part. The problem is: why should I pick a ghost rider without penance stare?

Chris has the same MVC3 outfit, so this may be a trend.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,337
    GhostTear wrote: »

They will most likely have a balance between Marvel and Capcom characters, meaning they would need a completely different character to take the slot. I might be willing to accept Grandmaster (Strider) if we didn't already have the Ryce leak + his place in the story trailer being similar to that of Black Panther, who is already confirmed DLC.

They will most likely have a balance between Marvel and Capcom characters, meaning they would need a completely different character to take the slot. I might be willing to accept Grandmaster (Strider) if we didn't already have the Ryce leak + his place in the story trailer being similar to that of Black Panther, who is already confirmed DLC.

did you check my prediction sheet on page 69....

if thats the case then we are going to see winter soldier too. so starting roster will be 32 instead of 30. money is still on hunter being dlc though. time will tell.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 438
    edited July 17
    I've been thinking, since the characters we saw in the zip leak are (presumably) their story mode assets, I have to wonder if there are any additional playable characters we don't know about, but have don't any role in the story mode.
    Post edited by CyberPhoenix0252 on
    Rip sig.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 651
    I would guess they would use all the characters in the game in the storymode.

DLCs have usually been locked in the disc, even in Mvc3. So not expecting any new characters until they at least start mentioning films in Phase 4, or near the end of Phase 3.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    Yeah, that would make the most sense.

Speaking of, how would you guys feel about 3rd party characters becoming playable in some fashion, whether it be base roster or down the line as DLC?
    Rip sig.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 888

Speaking of, how would you guys feel about 3rd party characters becoming playable in some fashion, whether it be base roster or down the line as DLC?

Nah. Normally I'd be all for that stuff, but there are just too many characters from both sides that still need to get in first. Also, what third party(s) would even be appropriate for a game like this?
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,059
    Too bad there's like zero chance for MvCI to pull a tekken and pull in like Rugal from SNK ha
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 863
    edited July 17
    I mean, it's really cool that Geese got in, but I can absolutely see people being irritated at Bamco. There are a metric fuck-ton of fan-favorite characters that aren't in Tekken 7 that could have been worked on instead of these guest characters. MvC:I is the same way. Marvel has an endless list of interesting characters to choose from, and Capcom is no slouch when it comes down to interesting obscure picks. Keep the crossover appeal to the actual companies involved in the crossover.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    Well Namco was all in the guest characters before MK even. Truth be told you'll never satisfy everbody. Take a chance and make it happen.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 306
    NoChart wrote: »
    I mean, it's really cool that Geese got in, but I can absolutely see people being irritated at Bamco. There are a metric fuck-ton of fan-favorite characters that aren't in Tekken 7 that could have been worked on instead of these guest characters. MvC:I is the same way. Marvel has an endless list of interesting characters to choose from, and Capcom is no slouch when it comes down to interesting obscure picks. Keep the crossover appeal to the actual companies involved in the crossover.

T7 is preparation for TxSF assuming that game still exists. I feel for the Tekken fans but it's great homage to SNK and their fans to put Geese in the game, a very popular boss character that has been missing for quite a long time until KoFXIV.
    Who knows, maybe next we'll see Shang Tsung as another kind of Mokojin.

Nah. Normally I'd be all for that stuff, but there are just too many characters from both sides that still need to get in first. Also, what third party(s) would even be appropriate for a game like this?

Darth Vad- *shot*
    Rip sig.
    Real talk I'd take a Bugle Boys DLC

There are a load of characters we want from the series or companies properties that aren't even in the game yet e.g X-MEN. I'm not tryna have other games characters in here.

Furthermore, I'm already disliking how the reboot has changed the identity of the game and made it more standardized, and familiar to other games e.g footsie based neutral, character play (Chun Li) and dlc scheme from Street Fighter, no assists and flexible tags like xTekken, albeit with more freedom. Bringing in other games would make way for more ideas to be taken from other games.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,657
    edited July 18
    Well Namco was all in the guest characters before MK even. Truth be told you'll never satisfy everbody. Take a chance and make it happen.

20046328_10154466437241548_6979173113872818491_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=19b7f4af26d6ec59cf9418b7d49d663b&oe=5A0A5324

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    YawDan wrote: »

There are a load of characters we want from the series or companies properties that aren't even in the game yet e.g X-MEN. I'm not tryna have other games characters in here.

Furthermore, I'm already disliking how the reboot has changed the identity of the game and made it more standardized, and familiar to other games e.g footsie based neutral, character play (Chun Li) and dlc scheme from Street Fighter, no assists and flexible tags like xTekken, albeit with more freedom. Bringing in other games would make way for more ideas to be taken from other games.

Yknow, characters brought from other games are "Marvelized" right. I mean Marvel is about what passes for Marvel style play. Capcom characters are all from "other games."
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HELL FIRE, DARK FIRE Joined: Posts: 3,923
    Geese announcement: HYPE

Jedah reveal: HYPE

Abigail: ...
    giphy.gif
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    edited July 19
    YawDan wrote: »

Yknow, characters brought from other games are "Marvelized" right. I mean Marvel is about what passes for Marvel style play. Capcom characters are all from "other games."

Chun Li has been 'Street Fighter-lized' in Infinite, despite being different to her SF incarnations previously, at least in U/MvC3 (been years since I played the earlier series). And the producers themselves have said they wanted to change the gameplay from what it is, to a more stripped down version. Hence removing assists and a lot of other mechanics that gave the series it's current identity.

The only thing that feels Marvel about Infinite to me are the combos.

Furthermore, the OP was talking about "3rd party games" i.e NON-CAPCOM games.

Again, my (other) issue with characters from other games was that I'm not tryna have anything else that could potentially encourage the developers to change the series even more.
    Heh the developers have been liberal with Marvel for a hot minute mate. It's a bad game by default. I thought people understood the Kusoge of it all.
    giphy.gif

Guess the dream of Jedah being in the game is gone....

LMAO! THE DREAM HAS ESCAPED INTO REALITY! This was 6 months ago. Keep the faith and Jedah Dohma will never leave you astray.
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 375
    willseless wrote: »

Chris has the same MVC3 outfit, so this may be a trend.

But Cap & Hawkeye have new costumes, so it could go either way. I wish Chris was in his RE6 costume, just for something visually new.

I'd be for it If we weren't missing the X-Men & even a lot of MCU approved characters (Star-Lord, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Daredevil & Ms Marvel in particular).

Darth Vader & Scrooge McDuck would've been fun to see. They have long/notable histories with both comics & video games; plus they're both currently relevant.
  • SoftShocksSoftShocks Joined: Posts: 74
    latest?cb=20110203163629
    my only request
    Heh the developers have been liberal with Marvel for a hot minute mate. It's a bad game by default. I thought people understood the Kusoge of it all.

Ironically, it was the only fighting game I could confidently proclaim myself proficient in. I liked it, as long as it was going in the same direction.

Was gassed over the reveals though- Frank West is actually looking sick, despite being another reuse- but reoccuring characters weren't a problem I had anyway.

P1ssed we can only have 2 characters even more now- I'm picking Strange with Cap literally for a beam tag in neutral. Would love to have put Frank with them in this game.

... With assists.
    edited 10:54AM
    Calling it now. This is the final boss.
    latest?cb=20091021024906

Here is a link for her bio.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Nemesis_(Cosmic_Being)_(Earth-93060)

Hopefully she is and their is one more gem. The Ego gem. maybe i will get my double jedah then....

wishful thinking
    Post edited by GhostTear at
    Gamora looks sick! She's gonna be my first go to character, she looks like a mix between Deadpool and Hayate, and the fact she has a double makes her look even more insane. I'm just waiting for my boy Star Lord, I can't wait to see what creativity they come up with for him, he's gonna be the goofball of the game for sure.