MvC Infinite CHARACTER Speculation/Request Thread

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited August 4
    Yeah reading his story that's what it seems like. I was watching some playthrough of War of the Gems on the SNES and was expecting to see Thanos, but the only big boss guy they talk about is The Magus and I'm like "oookay". Since it's Marvel it's like what would happen if Ryu and E.Ryu were 2 different beings that existed at the same time since he was created by altering reality or some shit. Good old Marvel.

The game is obviously inspired by the arcade fighter Marvel Super Heroes. You fight Dr.Doom like 2 times and he has air photon shot, a one footed dive kick and plasma beam. Blackheart can teleport into the ground and has his little goons also.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 760

There's also Goliath, Cloak, Man-Ape, Prowler & Cotton Mouth. But couldn't see them being too interesting gameplay, or in Goliath/Cloak's case working in a fighting game.

Usually when Cloak is suggested by fans or devs it's as a package deal with Dagger.

The real problem with Goliath, is that if they were going to pick a Size Shifter, it would probably be Ant-Man or The Wasp.

Blue Marvel would be really cool for a fighting game though.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 427
    Does Goliath shrink? I thought he could only grow.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 979
    Yeah reading his story that's what it seems like. I was watching some playthrough of War of the Gems on the SNES and was expecting to see Thanos, but the only big boss guy they talk about is The Magus and I'm like "oookay". Since it's Marvel it's like what would happen if Ryu and E.Ryu were 2 different beings that existed at the same time since he was created by altering reality or some shit. Good old Marvel.

The game is obviously inspired by the arcade fighter Marvel Super Heroes. You fight Dr.Doom like 2 times and he has air photon shot, a one footed dive kick and plasma beam. Blackheart can teleport into the ground and has his little goons also.

Based on the ending of GotG vol.2, we can expect to see some mention of Magus/Adam Warlock in the Infinity War movie. If that means there's a possibility he's planned as dlc, I can guarantee he will be designed like Phoenix........do we want that?
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    We want all badness that can be given to us

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 2,082
    Hunter reveal tomorrow with Venom. Calling it now.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 517
    edited August 5
    Hunter/Venom?
    Firebrand/Dormammu

That means Jedah is DLC. I think it will be Jedah/Venom being the two masters of metamorphosis. Although, Jedah does also fall under that rule that all DLC characters will be new to the series, same as Hunter.
    flicky wrote: »
    Hunter/Venom?
    Firebrand/Dormammu

That means Jedah is DLC. I think it will be Jedah/Venom being the two masters of metamorphosis. Although, Jedah does also fall under that rule that all DLC characters will be new to the series, same as Hunter.

if you're going by the datamine leak then you are forgetting ghost rider. and marvel will be short one character from capcoms 16. jedah is day one.
    Jedah is destined for day one. It is the only possible outcome

edited August 5
    So are we all under the impression that there's 10 more characters to get anounced? The current character select can only support another 10 but logic shows that we should only expect another 4 more. We know we're getting Firebrand and Dormammu, both Venom and Ghost Rider classify as returning cast, so that only leaves Jedah and Hunter, both of which are new.

But obviously Jedah will be in day 1, there's no questions asked about that there!!!

I think Jedah and Venom, they're both creatures of metamorphosis, I know we have a Monster Hunter announcement coming up, but the absence of Jedah on the current character select screens make me feel they're undecided on his position in the roster, otherwise why show him off and leave him out? Possibly censoring and unfinished design?
    he was not announced as dlc when he was revealed. jedah is day one.

im going by datamine leak. 3 characters left to be revealed. hunter, venom, and ghost rider making the starting roster 32.

no idea where 10 characters are gonna come from.
    GhostTear wrote: »
    he was not announced as dlc when he was revealed. jedah is day one.

im going by datamine leak. 3 characters left to be revealed. hunter, venom, and ghost rider making the starting roster 32.

no idea where 10 characters are gonna come from.

You're missing the point, it was announced that at an upcoming event (can't remember where) we will see Firebrand and Dormammu, that was announced on twitter I believe. There can only be 4 more characters if they're keeping the character select the way it is, if they change it's shape again then yeah they can fit in more characters, but as of right now there's only room for 4 day one characters and 6 DLC, that's cut down to 2 if we count Firebrand and Dormammu. So the choice is out of Jedah, Hunter, Venom and Ghost Rider. We also have Sigma, Black Panther and Winter Soldier, which means we have at least a potential of 5 characters to fill the space they only need to have 5 more to fill the entire character select screen. It could very well be that Sigma and Black Panther are day one DLC and not actually part of a DLC pack.
    bro. they can always rearrange the character select...
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    I thought Jedah/Ghost Rider alongside Dormammu/Firebrand was pretty obvious? They all share a common theme. Venom/Hunter would be kind of weird.
    Don't try to find patterns or logic in this game's marketing bro.
    im hoping hunters specials are monsters. that would be cool
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 188
    edited August 6
    Hunters have several weapon types, both ranged and melee, at their disposal. They also have several items they use during hunts including flash bombs, traps, bombs, Felyne companions that have an arsenal of their own, horns, all kinds of shit really. The most recent game also gave them different fighting styles which allow them to parry attacks and engage in aerial combat (perfect for Mahvel). They have a ton of moveset potential, so I'm pretty excited to see what Capcom will do with it.
    MAGIC POCKET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I thought Jedah/Ghost Rider alongside Dormammu/Firebrand was pretty obvious? They all share a common theme. Venom/Hunter would be kind of weird.

What themes do they share?

I'm guessing demon/demon hunter for Jedah/Ghost Rider (similar to the Sparda bros) and fiery beings for the other two (though besides the fire they have nothing in common)
    d3v wrote: »
    Dormammu/Firebrand = NorCal players.

Nvm.
    My Characters/Teams:

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,357

Rulers? Doesn't Firebrand rule Demon Realm or something like that?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    Firebrand is a generic enemy from Ghosts n Goblins. The Gargoyle's Quest series doesn't evaluate him neither.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,283
    willseless wrote: »

Rulers? Doesn't Firebrand rule Demon Realm or something like that?

He had the opportunity to take it over at the end of Demon's Crest but decided he wanted to fight more than he wanted to rule.
  • YawDanYawDan Joined: Posts: 697
    The only thing they have in common is that they are being revealed together.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
    how bad is that? Even aliens come before black folk.
    I'm willing to claim Dormammu black if you are.
    My Characters/Teams:

Firebrand is a generic enemy from Ghosts n Goblins. The Gargoyle's Quest series doesn't evaluate him neither.

AFAIK, Firebrand is the specific character & Red Arremer is the name of the generic enemy.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690

AFAIK, Firebrand is the specific character & Red Arremer is the name of the generic enemy.

Red Arremer is the name of his demon species.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    final.png

So with the recent "twitter reveals" dorm, firebrand, and ghost rider have been confirmed. proving the datamine leak to be the most accurate leak. Will they show the life gem at this event? What will they do with the remaining characters? What if that's all there is? Will @WorstPlayer win EVO 2020 with his iconic team of Modok and Asura?

Find out next time on...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Jedah gonna make me some Cheddah

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,183
    final.png

So with the recent "twitter reveals" dorm, firebrand, and ghost rider have been confirmed. proving the datamine leak to be the most accurate leak. Will they show the life gem at this event? What will they do with the remaining characters? What if that's all there is? Will @WorstPlayer win EVO 2020 with his iconic team of Modok and Asura?

Find out next time on...
    maxresdefault.jpg

Not for nothing I'd Rock Asura. I'm still scared about a MODOK in the future.
    Anyone else think Ghost Rider will suck ass again? But the screen doesn't seem to zoom quite as far or is it me? Maybe his this is a needed chain for him?
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    Reminder: You can't deflect chains. Ghost Rider will have more of a place now than he used to.
    Plus a lot of his attacks would have made some great assists. Now thats a thing

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,996
    edited August 9
    final.png

Find out next time on...
    maxresdefault.jpg

Anyone else think Ghost Rider will suck ass again? But the screen doesn't seem to zoom quite as far or is it me? Maybe his this is a needed chain for him?

Smaller screen size + general system changes + Infinity Stones = maybe not bottom butt tier?
    Not sure if he'll be good, but hopefully he'll at least be better.
    Post edited by UnSaxon51 on
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    You thought MODOK was bottom butt tier in UMVC3? That's a first.
    I could definitely not see MODOK being better with his size and lack
    of a semi decent low in this one. They'd have to revamp him. Maybe
    go with the Scorpion DOK design.

It would be totally surprising and kind of effed up if in pairing themes
    they had a black person theme hahahaha! But if that gave me 2 darkies
    I wouldn't even be mad at it.
    MODOK was pretty solid in Marvel 3 and had ways to stop a lot of the normal shenanigans in Marvel 3. Dorito shield, jamming bomb and flying to the ceiling means you couldnt just play regular Marvel 3 to beat him. He just wasn't as cheap as the top tier

I think everyone has potential to be good in this game. Either good on point or good being tagged In after being carried by someone else on point

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,357
    I could definitely not see MODOK being better with his size and lack
    of a semi decent low in this one. They'd have to revamp him. Maybe
    go with the Scorpion DOK design.

It would be totally surprising and kind of effed up if in pairing themes
    they had a black person theme hahahaha! But if that gave me 2 darkies
    I wouldn't even be mad at it.

MODOK would be buffed by the general nerfs to chicken block.
    Eh that doesn't really but MODOK since chasing people down wasn't really his thing. You just blocked high versus DOK most of the time and careful of tick throw attempts or slime setups. In this game there is no such thing as true unblockables just hard to blockables so his slime threat is nerfed.

From what it looks like there are other characters that do his projectile game better if we're talking base DOK. I suppose tagging out after starting bomb animation could be really dope though. So maybe there is a place for him in the current system.
    MODOK would most likely be redesigned somewhat in Infinite. His old slime system would definitely be redesigned and some other likely changes.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,100 mod
    Probably give him proper lows, even if it was just through stubby legs.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,996

I was talking about Ghost Rider. I definitely don't think MODOK was bottom tier.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,415
    Ghost rider design has tons of potential to not be shit. I'm gonna wait and see.
    A game that isn't a TOD fest will be better for Ghost Rider by default. If his mix up is still ass he can just use his long overheads and lows to set up pressure for a rushdown character tagging in.

Did they say when they would be revealing Ghost Rider footage?

If they give him range anti air tools, he will be reall good as a point character. And he could stand to gain some improved close range footsie tools, even if it's just the start up on his normals improving.
    "This was not srk. It should not be lower than gfaqs in terms of fighting game talk, but it is. That's all because of the outbreak of girly men, which is really the fault of atheism." Cisco, UMVC3 tierlist discussion, pg 333.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,049
    YawDan wrote: »
    Did they say when they would be revealing Ghost Rider footage?
    Sometime during Gamescom, in 12 days
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I guess they only way to make reoccuring characters exciting is to make people anticpate them by prolonging their reveal.
  • UnsafeUnsafe Joined: Posts: 19
    Do you think Capcom would do a Darkstalkers expansion (like an Xmen expansion DLC)? Might be more likely then an actual darkstalkers game what with Jedah making it.

I really think Dimitri, Talbain, Sasquatch, and Q-Bee would fit in real well in MvCI. (Plus we are missing Felicia, Hsein-ko, BB, and Anakaris! Need that fan service!)
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 109
    edited August 12
    I'm not too mad about returning characters.

I'm mad about whom they picked to return.

Spencer, Firebrand and Nemesis instead of Wesker, Vergil, Viewtiful Joe, Pheonix Wright, Amaterasu.