MvC Infinite CHARACTER Speculation/Request Thread

1697071727375»

Comments

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 965
    I'm not too mad about returning characters.

I'm mad about whom they picked to return.

Spencer, Firebrand and Nemesis instead of Wesker, Vergil, Viewtiful Joe, Pheonix Wright, Amaterasu.

I never expected Vergil to return, but the rest I agree on. I would normally say that Capcom chose their picks based on which characters could provide the most unique and satisfying gameplay, but then I see a pick like Spencer and I scratch my head. He zips around like Spider-Man, charges across the screen like Captain America, and now tosses bombs like.......Chris? Idk, I just don't see what part of Spencer's kit is uniquely appealing. Bionic Lancer and "80k" became memes because they were strong, not because they were particularly exciting in concept. Once you nerf that (like what we've seen so far) what do you have left?
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 WE'RE BACK BITCHES! Joined: Posts: 3,973
    I mean, I'm super biased for Firebrand to return, but I whole-heartedly agree that Joe and Amaterasu should have been at the top of the list for returning Capcom characters.
    Wesker vs Nemesis I think is a matter of personal preference. Wesker is cooler but Nemesis is more unique.

Fuck Spencer.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,050 mod
    Nemesis also gives the Capcom side a second big body, so both sides now have 2 big bodies (if you count Thanos as one).

As for Amaterasu and Joe, I wonder if it was a decision to exclude any Clover created characters. Though I can see issues with bringing Ammy into a system with 2P2K.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 705
    Seriously, we need Doreen Green aka Squirrel Girl in this game!

4409069-tumblr_njqs65rohk1tcg2pqo1_1280.jpg
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,313
    I don't think it's about who they pick, since the roster IS pretty balanced with playstyles as it is, it's about how they didn't go all the way if they're reusing assets. If the base roster was 40, people would call the game UMVC3 but better instead of UMVC3 but worse.
    But since fan favorites like Vergil, Wesker and PW were left out, I'll assume they will charge for then, which will be the worst possible move from Capcom.
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 178
    edited August 12
    The best way to go as far as PR stand point would be the Tekken 7 route.

Add returning characters from UMVC3 to the game for free, only charge for the new characters. In this scenario I have a similar opinion as Max I'd count characters that never had a 3D model like Thanos, Venom, as new.

Basically any character making the transition from UMVC3 to MVCI is free DLC. There is currently 27 UMVC3 characters available for this scenario.

brainfraud wrote: »

Add returning characters from UMVC3 to the game for free, only charge for the new characters. In this scenario I have a similar opinion as Max I'd count characters that never had a 3D model like Thanos, Venom, as new.

Basically any character making the transition from UMVC3 to MVCI is free DLC. There is currently 27 UMVC3 characters available for this scenario.

This would be the best thing to do, just because of the X-men.
    But people want the X-men SO MUCH that there's no way Capcom won't charge for them.
    edited August 12
    willseless wrote: »
    brainfraud wrote: »

This would be the best thing to do, just because of the X-men.
    But people want the X-men SO MUCH that there's no way Capcom won't charge for them.

They could really help themselves in the PR department if they announced plans for a free X-Men pack a week or two before launch.

"We have more paid DLC of brand new characters in the works but we wanted to announce a free update is in development as we speak, it will include Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Pheonix and X-23."

Release returning character packs as free updates, they could do a Super-Skrull, Doom, Taskmaster, M.O.D.O.K super villain pack.

They don't even need to bring back all of them. Just add Wolverine and Magneto for free and people will lose their shit.
    They really need to bring the good will out of people. People need to like the game, to spend money into it with a smile. The dlc scam is so obvious, that if they charge for NEW X-men, people will complain that they should be base roster.
    Yeah maybe four free characters was asking for too much, two seems like a good compromise.

• GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 2,026
    No other female character has more swag than her.
    latest?cb=20080806221339
    Vanessa.Z..Schneider.full.858353.jpg
    PN03+%25281%2529.png
    latest?cb=20120801145620&path-prefix=en
    GhostTear wrote: »
    No other female character has more swag than her.
    latest?cb=20080806221339
    Vanessa.Z..Schneider.full.858353.jpg
    PN03+%25281%2529.png
    latest?cb=20120801145620&path-prefix=en
    nin-1-72.jpeg
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,471

Spencer, Firebrand and Nemesis instead of Wesker, Vergil, Viewtiful Joe, Pheonix Wright, Amaterasu.

Give this man a medal
  • WaveFlameWaveFlame Joined: Posts: 79
    d3v wrote: »
    Nemesis also gives the Capcom side a second big body, so both sides now have 2 big bodies (if you count Thanos as one).

You don't cinsider Thor a Big Body character?
    WaveFlame wrote: »

You don't cinsider Thor a Big Body character?
    See, I knew I forgot somebody.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    since marvel is producing and promoting Inhumans you guys think we might see somebody from there?
    Iron Fist has assets they can reuse, will be on the Defenders, and will get a new season, and isn't in the game. There's no point on using logic.
    We could believe they're saving Inhumans for the series release, but it seems all season 1 will be characters from the story mode.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,159
    since marvel is producing and promoting Inhumans you guys think we might see somebody from there?

I hope not.
    I would love to see a take on Karnak in the game. Quake or Ms. Marvel wouldn't be bad choices either. All the other Inhumans can fuck off though.
    My Characters/Teams:

I hope not.

do you follow or at least know characters powers and such? do they all suck that bad?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,289 mod
    When's Viper?

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,972
    When's Viper?

Season 4
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 427
    KiyaaKing wrote: »

I never expected Vergil to return, but the rest I agree on. I would normally say that Capcom chose their picks based on which characters could provide the most unique and satisfying gameplay, but then I see a pick like Spencer and I scratch my head. He zips around like Spider-Man, charges across the screen like Captain America, and now tosses bombs like.......Chris? Idk, I just don't see what part of Spencer's kit is uniquely appealing. Bionic Lancer and "80k" became memes because they were strong, not because they were particularly exciting in concept. Once you nerf that (like what we've seen so far) what do you have left?

I think it's obvious Spencer only returned because of Combo. It just confuses me that he's seemingly one of the worst characters in the game.

And I agree Capcom offering a couple UMvC3 characters as free DLC would help a lot. Maybe 4 or 6? 2/3 Capcom & 2/3 Marvel.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,159
    edited August 13

I hope not.

do you follow or at least know characters powers and such? do they all suck that bad?

Generally speaking their pretty generic and ill thought.
    Take Medusa....she fights with her hair. It's like B Deadpool villian schtick.
    Karnak, I can find anythings weakness. Not very fighting game applicable. Maybe guardbreaks or parrys?
    Have horse, stomps on shit, creates tremors.
    Black Bolt? Eh, generic super powerful I dare not use all my might guy.
    Ducking dele porting snarf dog.

There's new ones, equally forgettable.
    Biggest issue with Inhumans from a comic guys perspective?
    What's their theme? Xmen? Mutants are hated and feared. Let's fix that shit.
    Avengers? We"re earth's mightest heroes! (Technically more scary than Xmen, but not feared? Marvels ultimate loophole.)
    Spiderman, neighborhood kid becomes superhero cool.

Inhumans? Moon assholes.
    Iron Fist has assets they can reuse, will be on the Defenders, and will get a new season, and isn't in the game. There's no point on using logic.
    We could believe they're saving Inhumans for the series release, but it seems all season 1 will be characters from the story mode.

Maybe they realized that Iron Fist isn't so hot right now because they botched his Netflix show.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

Maybe they realized that Iron Fist isn't so hot right now because they botched his Netflix show.

thank god. that show sucked.

I hope not.

Generally speaking their pretty generic and ill thought.
    Take Medusa....she fights with her hair. It's like B Deadpool villian schtick.
    Karnak, I can find anythings weakness. Not very fighting game applicable. Maybe guardbreaks or parrys?
    Have horse, stomps on shit, creates tremors.
    Black Bolt? Eh, generic super powerful I dare not use all my might guy.
    Ducking dele porting snarf dog.

There's new ones, equally forgettable.
    Biggest issue with Inhumans from a comic guys perspective?
    What's their theme? Xmen? Mutants are hated and feared. Let's fix that shit.
    Avengers? We"re earth's mightest heroes! (Technically more scary than Xmen, but not feared? Marvels ultimate loophole.)
    Spiderman, neighborhood kid becomes superhero cool.

Inhumans? Moon assholes.

I think Karnak would be well represented having a mechanic similar to Azrael in Blazblue. Fits his motif and it's never been done in a vs game before.

But yeah, Inhumans are all like "We're not saying we're better than everyone, but......yeah.....we have a palace on the moon". They probably wouldn't even feel inclined to help in a situation like the story mode. Not directly threatening them, so.....
    My Characters/Teams:

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,039
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    When's Viper?

Season 4

Season -1
    UMC3
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 106
    5646987-psylocke+ge.jpg
  • Shin-ChanShin-Chan ShinShom Joined: Posts: 371

As for Amaterasu and Joe, I wonder if it was a decision to exclude any Clover created characters. Though I can see issues with bringing Ammy into a system with 2P2K.

U could do P's be the feet and head of ammy, and K's be the weapons.... almost like Dante is working..... =/
    When playing with Chun, learn the Shin's Shom.

cause of my friends, her infinit was named The Shom. hehe..