Music Discussion Thread - All it needs is inception_horn.wav

PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,774
edited December 2016 in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
Just like in SF5 I'm hoping that the game will have a good soundtrack, but if they're just outright copying hollywood crap, that's not going to happen.

If the trailers are anything to go by it'll be more generic "epic hollywood score" shit and I absolutely do not want that. Truly good music is a lost art in games these days. I want the music to be passionate and heartful, not noisy and ostentatious. I want the person who scored Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to come back as they made some truly wonderful music that I could listen to all day. Epic score music doesn't have that effect, it's only written for action scenes and trailers, and not meant to be listened to outside of those.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

Comments

• Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,559 mod
    Knowing the recent vs game entries, we'll probably get character theme options (which is better than the ambient default music the backgrounds had in MvC3)
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • crazymasterhandcrazymasterhand LAZERS PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 273
    edited December 2016
    What's your pick for X's song? I'd go with his X4 opening stage or Storm Eagle.
  • shinquickmanshinquickman Joined: Posts: 1,757
    ^Apart from the obvious Highway stage, X3 Opening stage, X2 Fortress Stage 1, or X vs. Zero fight.
    TimeAttack: Grand Coward of SRK since November 18th, 2015
  • SevansSevans Make Contact. Joined: Posts: 497

I was talking to a friend about this after the reveal trailer. I don't feel like X had an honest-to-goodness theme song until the X4 intro stage; that is to say, I don't think any of the intro stage tracks stood out as particularly character theme-y until then because each character had their own song.

So X4 opening gets my vote.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 4,925
    toxic seahorse!

armored armadillo

how you gonna talk about tvc music and not mention the greatest song in any fighting game

Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails

Highway opening stage from the 1st MMX
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,266
    I thought the trailer music was really sick....it honestly reminded me of one of the songs from Mad Max: Fury Road
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Target confirmed! Joined: Posts: 5,319
    edited December 2016
    I'm just hoping Iron Man and Ryu's theme doesn't actually suck this time around.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 912
    I hope as far as X music goes, Zero is in the game and they do X vs Zero as a VS battle theme, similar to Guilty Gear and Blazblue.
    It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 8,424
    edited December 2016
    The music from the vs games generally don't do anything for me and aren't memorable (MvC2 the exception)... hoping they change that though.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If Morrigan gets confirmed they need to remix her MvC1 tune
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 148
    I hope this theme gets used/remixed.

FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,005
    I want the MSHvsSF announcer to return. Listen to how hype he sounds in this intro. I want this game's announcer to match up
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • shmurdasceneshmurdascene Joined: Posts: 126
    If Haggar's in he better have his Slam Masters theme

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,774
    Seconding MMX highway theme as X's theme. Maybe they could mishmash his X1 and X4 intro stage themes.

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

• CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 353
    edited December 2016
    For X's theme, I'd take any of the intro stage themes from X1-X4, though Central Highway from X1 would be preferable.

I'm hoping for X vs Zero from X5

You know what would be nice? If they followed in the footsteps of KOF XIV and have a remix of X vs Zero playing specifically when X and Zero get matched up against one another.

Assuming Zero is in the game of course.

Rip sig.
    Morrigan confirmed. The gift that keeps on giving. Remix plz!

-Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • DaytimeWhiskeyDaytimeWhiskey Joined: Posts: 8
    For X's theme, I'd take any of the intro stage themes from X1-X4, though Central Highway from X1 would be preferable.

I'm hoping for X vs Zero from X5

You know what would be nice? If they followed in the footsteps of KOF XIV and have a remix of X vs Zero playing specifically when X and Zero get matched up against one another.

Assuming Zero is in the game of course.

Money and take my shut up

(Also if it's not X4 Sky Lagoon, it needs to be X1 Highway. Only option's imo)

• DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 303
    What are the chances of the SFV composer doing this game? Haven't played SFV, but the soundtrack is god tier for the most part.
    What are the chances of the SFV composer doing this game? Haven't played SFV, but the soundtrack is god tier for the most part.

SFV has several composers. If we get Fukusawa than the OST is fucked.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 594
    If Sigma really is in the game, i really hope we get his theme.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 753
    I would love if they just started over and gave everyone custom themes, though I'm sure there's no chance of that happening. If they go the remix route, I only ask that they make smart decisions with HOW they remix them. For example, I liked Wolverine's remix in MVC3 because it made sense: it was fast paced and ferocious like the character. Then they went ahead and gave the same treatment to Hulk's.........................wat? As long as the songs have personality and they make sense, I can deal with whatever they choose. Don't make me facepalm, Capcom.........
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330

Which theme?

And that's just a few; he's got so many to choose from.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,774
    The correct answer is all of them.

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,394
    For a crazy final boss encounter, I think Sigma's X5 may work well, though I gotta see more of what the musical direction from this game will be. I just hope it's good. I'm for remixes, but I did like how they weren't afraid to give some new themes to some characters between games. (I think Wolverine had the most changes to his?).
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,394
    I want the MSHvsSF announcer to return. Listen to how hype he sounds in this intro. I want this game's announcer to match up

I freakin' loved this guy's gusto. He amped me up. His voice, the music, his lines, I loved it. I was so-so on the game itself, but the presentation really got me hooked in. He felt like he'd be perfect on a Saturday Morning superhero show: "Hey True believers, welcome back! Last week on our show Ryu and Wolverine fought the combined forces of Akuma and Ogun! WAIT'LL YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!"
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,291
    Wonder if they are going to have an OST for the story mode. X5 having the best soundtrack of any megaman game in my opinion I thought that maybe they could ue some of them OSTs for the story.

This in particular came to mind
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala

Because I'd rather see the new Dante.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 731
    I really hope they ditch whatever style they were going with in MVC3. They somehow made incredible songs sound like complete garbage.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe SFV: Juri
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,970
    Literally only two good things came out of DmC:

- Great level design with transforming environment as you moved along
    - Combichrist songs in the soundtrack
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Literally only two good things came out of DmC:

- Great level design with transforming environment as you moved along
    - Combichrist songs in the soundtrack

It's a good game through and through but the OST and level design are definitely the best parts. I don't think I've ever heard a decent criticism that wasn't "but it's not OLD DMC," but that's off topic.

I'd also like Vergil's final battle theme if HE gets in it.
    edited December 2016
    I fucking love TvC's soundtrack.

I honestly hope Infinite generally follows in the footsteps of that game when it comes to its music, though I wouldn't mind a few deviations here and there to make it more reminiscent of Marvel 3 to spice things up a bit.
    Rip sig.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Target confirmed! Joined: Posts: 5,319
    Yeah, TVC's ost was great. I was a bit salty they ditched the character themes in Ultimate All Stars, but the stage music was still on point.

Really hoping they knock it out the park with Infinite. Nothing makes Marvel better than a solid ost.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,174
    Yeah marvel needs dat real nigga OST

King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    KiyaaKing wrote: »
    I would love if they just started over and gave everyone custom themes, though I'm sure there's no chance of that happening. If they go the remix route, I only ask that they make smart decisions with HOW they remix them. For example, I liked Wolverine's remix in MVC3 because it made sense: it was fast paced and ferocious like the character. Then they went ahead and gave the same treatment to Hulk's.........................wat? As long as the songs have personality and they make sense, I can deal with whatever they choose. Don't make me facepalm, Capcom.........

If Old Man Logan is the default design for Wolverine, I hope the latter's MSHvsSF theme is remixed.

Something about it sounds so... sad and tragic, so it'd fit well with OML imo.
    Rip sig.

If Old Man Logan is the default design for Wolverine, I hope the latter's MSHvsSF theme is remixed.

Something about it sounds so... sad and tragic, so it'd fit well with OML imo.

This has always been my favourite Wolverine theme after his Msh one. I liked his Mvc3 remix, but some of the others didn't work as well for me.

Wolverine's remix MvC3 sounded like a Power Rangers theme. It didn't feel right for him.
    Heh, maybe true that it wasn't that fitting for him, I just did like quite a bit of it. Still can't beat his Msh and Msh vs SF themes though.

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 753
    I'll say this about MVC3's soundtrack: it did a great job when it came to most of the original themes (Dormammu, MODOK, etc.) and really nailed the themes for certain franchises (the Ghosts n' Goblins reps both had amazing ones, as well as the Resident Evil characters aside from maybe Jill). Part of what made those themes good in my eyes is that they had one or two gimmicky sounds that added to the aura of the character. The GnG themes both had bells and heavy rock, the RE themes had those low ominous bass tones, MODOK's had a bunch of gizmo noises, etc. That shit is what gets me hype about a character, even ones I don't play or like. We NEED that in full force this time.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,970
    Sucks that they used Hideyuki Fukusawa yet again and dude ruined most of the soundtrack just like he did with SFIV

I hope he doesn't even touch MVCI
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Sevans wrote: »

Which theme?

And that's just a few; he's got so many to choose from.

The one I left in the quote, or this one:

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

I too, loved Wolverine's MSHvSF theme. I remember when MvC1 came out I was looking forward to hearing it, but they changed it :sad

-Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 303
    Do you guys not like the UMvC3 OST? Outside of a few themes (Storm, Viper & Trish), I fucking love it.
    UMvC3 ost is hit or miss for me. I hated the remix themes for most of the returning characters. Doom and Mags were the best ones. The original themes were alright.
    UMvC3 ost is hit or miss for me. I hated the remix themes for most of the returning characters. Doom and Mags were the best ones. The original themes were alright.

I loved Doom's remix. Magneto's would have been great if not for the Stephen Hawking bits.

I agree, though, that it's a pretty hit or miss OST. Most of the songs with any form of vocals didn't go over well for me.
    Some of the original themes really sold me. I love Taskmaster's theme (someone online said it's meta, it sounds heroic because he probably stole an Avenger's theme) and Modok's is too much fun. I love the credits reprise and the intro themes for MvC3 vanilla and UMVC3.

• PanochioPanochio Joined: Posts: 5
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Yeah marvel needs dat real nigga OST

Would love to see classic MvC2 stages like the clock tower, bridge, cave, outrageous clown.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,291

WTF was this shit? They better not try to make movie music again. Real Melodies people can remember please!
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala