SRK Member Bishop "ShatterStar" Wagner Passed Away.

Comments

• WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 986
    RIP to an OG.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,589
    edited December 2016
    Only talked to him a few times through the DmC thread and called or texted him once while he was in the hospital. I remember watching his 40 minute rant video about how badly DmC is going to suck when it launches lol.

My mom just flew to London last week to visit her mom since she was diagnosed with cancer and starts chemo on the 15th. RIP fellow SRK'er, at least now this negro is installed in heaven.
    Post edited by orochizoolander on
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,831
    RIP Shatterstar
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,115
    Rest in peace fellow fighting game community member. Condolences to family and friends.

Should we have an SRK memorial something or another for all FGC members from past to present?
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 545
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,486
    Damn man. RIP dude.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • riburibu You're Already Swirls Joined: Posts: 1,599
    edited December 2016
    Very heavy to hear. He had a massive impact on me continuing to come here and keep playing FGs almost a decade ago. Dude was legit supportive, and one of the best from the Image Mishmash days...

RIP.
    Post edited by ribu on
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Sf5- Ibuki/Dhalsim

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,201
    edited December 2016
    Damn. I was hoping he was doing better. I didn't even know he posted over here until a few years ago.

I actually knew him from another message board. Where he had been dropping homegrown heat for the longest.

Rest in Peace man.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,517
    On a personal note, I checked in last night to see if there was any update, and saw DG and Pertho scrambling. I was hoping this wasn't a sign of the worst.

It was. :sad:

I fucking hate this shit.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,983
    Saw that he passed via @Missing Person Came by to pay my respects. RIP.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,716
    dab00g wrote: »
    He will live on forever as a meme nobody will ever understand

Negro Install

Fucking retard
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,372 mod
    R.I.P. Shatta.

P.S. Fuck 2016
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,981
    Very sorry to hear this news. Rest in peace, king.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP, he had a great attitude through the entire experience and seemed like a real stand up guy.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 611
    Goddammit, man. I was watching his progress and pulling for him; I really believed he could beat this after he knocked it on its ass and from what I saw in the thread he did too. Not once did I notice his morale falter...he was practically laughing in the face of cancer and he was awesome for it - a sign of true strength and fortitude.

2016 really is ass, we seem to have lost so many in the community this year and it never gets any easier.

Rest easy, Shatta...we'll take it from here...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • DrfatalityDrfatality Dapper Don Joined: Posts: 5,167
    Rip
  • fei longfei long pilot kids master Joined: Posts: 45 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP brother
    grady sizemore for mvp
  • DrunkengameplayerDrunkengameplayer Sword with no Lord Joined: Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    Really sad news. RIP Shatterstar.
    Post edited by Drunkengameplayer on
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sad news to everyone. GGs Shatterstar.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 7,993
    It's time to wrap up this fuckin year.

RIP Shatta. Always chill and mos def a fighter.

• odinodin high on life Joined: Posts: 14,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • savaii64savaii64 HYPA POM! Joined: Posts: 2,249
    I'll be the first to admit that I didn't know him all that well outside of the forums. I can't recall if I'd ever met him in real life (if I had, I don't remember), but his presence was everywhere:

-- Every time I saw a Negro Install shirt I thought of him and smiled.
    -- Every time I saw one of his avatars, I took notice.
    -- Every single time I saw one of his posts, I read it.

I don't have many regrets, but I can add "Never getting a Negro Install shirt" to that list.

Thanks for saying it better than I could. I have the same experience and regret.

Rest in love, Shatta.
    Avatar Request Thread | Play HoN with me!
    "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I remember hearing he had cancer and then later hearing it was in remission. Fast forward to today and I hear he has passed. Damn. What awful news. RIP Shatterstar. May you Negro Install with the best of them in the next life.
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,212
    I don't personally know the dude but RIP; I hope you are chillling up there talking about beats with Nujabes. I remember donating to @swbeta charity stream last time he did it.
    'We await your return, warrior.'
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of the most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki
  • Jubei KibagamiJubei Kibagami Too much naughty... Joined: Posts: 1,297
    damn. i havent been around the community for a while but i remember this guy well.

didnt know he was sick. RIP
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,115
    Fuck. Just saw via Facebook.

RIP Shatter, hope you playing some CvS2 with Mummy-B right about now. Finally you can rest and be free bro.

And PSX