Ryu Season 2

Comments

• jordyloksjordyloks Joined: Posts: 34
    Rockman85 wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is that it seems like most of the cast has an ex wake option that if blocked they are safe. Try getting your ex dp blocked and see what happens.

I don't think that's true...
    Akuma, Ken, Karin, Guile, Necalli, Chun, Urien, Cammy, Birdie, Rashid, Ibuki are all punishable after their metered invincible reversals, if I recall correctly. And that's just off the top of my head.
    There are many characters that don't have a fully invincible reversal outside of super.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ryu is gimped. He feels incomplete now. S.hk into s.lk sucks. Stubby leg man. Can't wait for changes.

Not sure if there's another character in the game that gets less from crush counters.

St.Hk Only hits high (why?) and links to nothing if you're too far.

St.Hp - spin animation

At the very least if St.Hp launched ( like Guiles close fierce) we could link a juggle in there.

Just a boring boring character now. I pretty much play him as a counter attack only now because the risks are too great against most of the top tier.

Cammy is nearly as bad with the CC's since she's essentially like having a slightly better version of Ryu's s.HK CC and no s.HP CC or any other CC that hits grounded opponents.

She of course was built around being good without CC's while Ryu...isn't anymore.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 391
    jordyloks wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is that it seems like most of the cast has an ex wake option that if blocked they are safe. Try getting your ex dp blocked and see what happens.

Akuma, Ken, Karin, Guile, Necalli, Chun, Urien, Cammy, Birdie, Rashid, Ibuki are all punishable after their metered invincible reversals, if I recall correctly. And that's just off the top of my head.
    There are many characters that don't have a fully invincible reversal outside of super.

chun has ex sbk. Urien and Birdie have an ex headbutt type move. The rest of those you mentioned are airborne so those are easy to punish.
    Lets say with Urien if I block that said move it seems like anything I throw out gets stuff. Maybe I can try lp.dp to testif that works but I I dont know what to do after I block those moves besides keep blocking.
    I would like to know and i dont care to be wrong.
    PC AE ID: opticknads

chun has ex sbk. Urien and Birdie have an ex headbutt type move. The rest of those you mentioned are airborne so those are easy to punish.
    Lets say with Urien if I block that said move it seems like anything I throw out gets stuff. Maybe I can try lp.dp to testif that works but I I dont know what to do after I block those moves besides keep blocking.

You probably just need to work on your timing.
    Are you familiar with frame data? If so, there's plenty of resources that will tell you what you can punish specific moves with (there are a few apps for ios and android that are helpful to have on hand when you're playing online).
    Otherwise, you can just go into training mode and record a character doing a reversal and blocking afterwards.
    Try out different punishes.
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    edited February 15
    I think the nerf I feel the most playing is LP FB recovery increase combined with MP DP nerf so you don't get deep DP's for AA.

I think if my math is correct you need 7 additional frames to do a classic deep AA off a LP FB. 7 frames (3 more recovery of LP FP, 4th frame MP DP becomes invincible for air attacks) seems like a lot to me. Assuming the standard jump in is roughly 35 frames, you're looking at 20% increase in the ease of jump ins hitting Ryu if you try to zone with him.

Playing against Bison is miserable experience with this Ryu. I've never had to guess correctly so many times just to have an offense. It feels like the game is somehow even more mash and jump-in friendly than S1 which is madness to me.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 100
    I hear you, man. I've come around fighting Boxer, Urien, Cammy to a certain extent. But Bison... damn. I still can't figure him out.
    Looking over his Frame Data, Dictator is like + on every single attack of importance sans his slide. Since he V-skill kills FB (not that it matters) and his normals are all literally better than Ryu's, I'm not sure how Ryu can really fight him.
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    edited February 16
    Kolbe wrote: »
    I hear you, man. I've come around fighting Boxer, Urien, Cammy to a certain extent. But Bison... damn. I still can't figure him out.

You just turtle Bison til you get close to him then you run gambles. If you guy's are not using it try jump in (blocked) raw tatsu to blow up the tech or knock down forward dash raw tatsu. Yes its a gamble but most Bison players back dash away from pressure or late tech since they have no reversal.

That in turn opens up your throw/shimmy game once you can put those doubts in his head. Honestly I hardly throw fireballs against him because they will usually jump or devils reverse which you just DP unless it's EX plus you are just feeding him free meter like Nash. Also V-reversal all the time vs Bison as soon as you've got it, it's easy because he's hitting you with long moves like fierce and scissors.

It's a tough match if you can't block, you've really got to block a lot and get that stun/grey down with the V-reversal. Also don't be afraid to just Dp his ass. Bison players think they've got a right to link in 5 normals. Fuck it, if they designed the game around choices then make your choice with EX DP and let him know your not standing for that shit.
    I had a match with a Bison last night and I actually did block A LOT. And won. Second match was 2 rounds to 0. I was so refreshing to break a Bison player's will and make him or her desperate and out of ideas.

I don't like turtling but Ryu is my main and I will make it work no matter what >: (
    I don't think you have a choice as a Ryu player but to turtle and just try and pick your spots.

Dictator is + on every important normal and just outclasses Ryu. At that point you have to turtle and hope they open themselves up.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,487
    What are you guys doing after forward throw midscreen now? I see Daigo do a small step and b+Hk sometimes, but this can be beaten with some wake up normals.

Losing all pressure after a throw has been the most frustrating part of S2 Ryu for me personally.

I walk forward a frame and use st.MK.

I would like faster recovery on v-trigger hadokens.

His up-close ground game is great. My worst match-up is Zangief. I hate it. He has the upper hand up close, and he can spin like a ballerina through fireballs in my preferred range. V-trigger spin is even worse, and his muscle-parry absorbs too many hits in my opinion.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • followtherockstarfollowtherockstar Joined: Posts: 25
    I don't find the gief matchup that bad. We still control the pace against him although it's a lot harder to tame gief in S2 than in S1. The thing about his lariat is that it's VERY negative on block. So I usually bait lariats like I bait jumpins. After a blocked lariat I dash up -> combo of my choice. Then it's your turn to play.

Don't jump on gief. You'll regret it.
    But like if he only does lariat when he sees a fireball, how we use shoryuken when we see a jump, then he dominates the footsies with st.HP, cr.LP and SPDs, plus shutting down our fireballs with lariats when we try using them as an extension to footsies. And yet further out than that, he can still lariat like usual and negate the fireballs there too. In my opinion it's Gief who controls the pace and spacing now. It was 6/4 to Ryu in S1 and now it's 6/4 to Gief in S2.
    NG1313 wrote: »
    But like if he only does lariat when he sees a fireball, how we use shoryuken when we see a jump, then he dominates the footsies with st.HP, cr.LP and SPDs, plus shutting down our fireballs with lariats when we try using them as an extension to footsies. And yet further out than that, he can still lariat like usual and negate the fireballs there too. In my opinion it's Gief who controls the pace and spacing now. It was 6/4 to Ryu in S1 and now it's 6/4 to Gief in S2.

I've seen a few matches where Daigo will hover around gief's st.fierce range and try to whiff punish with cr.fierce xx tatsu.
    I feel like gief's st.fierce really hangs out for a while after he whiffs it, especially after it's been charged.
    Worth a shot...

Are you familiar with frame data? If so, there's plenty of resources that will tell you what you can punish specific moves with (there are a few apps for ios and android that are helpful to have on hand when you're playing online).
    Otherwise, you can just go into training mode and record a character doing a reversal and blocking afterwards.

Got the app but I mostly just tried different punishes. I usually just start with s.lk and see if it connects. So far I am getting positive results. I do wantto point out i feel that s.lk nerf even more now. Poor ryu has stubby range.
    I am trying to see the positives in this version of RYu and its hard. I notice a lot of characters have knock down type of moves. Maybe capcom can give ryu and s.mp into sweep. Isnt this the reason why a bunch of his normals have a 1 frame longer start up?
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885

Got the app but I mostly just tried different punishes. I usually just start with s.lk and see if it connects. So far I am getting positive results. I do wantto point out i feel that s.lk nerf even more now. Poor ryu has stubby range.
    I am trying to see the positives in this version of RYu and its hard. I notice a lot of characters have knock down type of moves. Maybe capcom can give ryu and s.mp into sweep. Isnt this the reason why a bunch of his normals have a 1 frame longer start up?

Pretty much, they didn't want to give him st.mp - sweep without a counter hit. So they fucked him up there too. Just like a domino effect from all his normals but in a bad way - we'll nerf this....but that means we've got to nerf this....and this....and this.

But we can buff his b.hk and his st.hp in V-trigger only! Yeah thanks - fuck off.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    After watching the Topanga League, it should be very visible the absolute shortcomings of Ryu in Season 2 after the nerfs. If this is not a better demonstration of just how frustrating it is for Ryu to deal with multiple situations due to lack of range, any form of effective zoning, pathetic VT, I don't really know what else is.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 195
    To be fair Diago didn't play his best either at Topanga League. Right now Ryu needs something "not fair" because in my opinion the way this game is having a toolkit that is too fair isn't gonna cut it in this game not when you have dumb stuff like far away normals doing massive damage off of a v trigger cancel normal on hit or Rog's ex dash punch. They could atleast give Ryu's st LK back but i have no faith in capcom's balancing patch at all I be very surprised if they buffed Ryu
    I just wached Darian Harman's latest video on Ryu and I hadn't noticed thaty MPDP and HPDP have the same damage and stun. Seriously, WTF.

Also, it is too late to the party but I would take non-invincible DP as a reversal as long as they took its Crush Counter vulnerability when he lands. That would be only fair, considering.
  • Arthuro_RayArthuro_Ray Joined: Posts: 220
    edited February 23
    IMO, he just needs his old throw and st.lk back to be in a decent spot again, of course he needs more than that to even be a contender to top 5 tho.

Would be nice if they added new stuff, having a v-trigger cancelable fireball like Akuma would be awesome, now that his current v-trigger cancels are even worse.

inb4 they just add back the old st.lk and make it 5 frames(so you can't punish thoses -4 moves) without anything new ;_;
    Post edited by Arthuro_Ray on
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,273
    I just wish he could play neutral better. All these fast ex moves into pressure and other nonsense make this game feel more like MKX than SF. I feel Ryu is forced to lay on his belly with his butt in the air.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,953
    edited February 24
    the EX moves into pressure are unlikely to go anywhere, it's just the way capcom wants the game to play I think

better to petition for ryu to get his own derpy stuff than to try to turn him into SFIV or ST ryu IMO. like highland says if you cant beat em join em.

2 or more of these changes and I'd be pretty happy: s.HK hits crouchers, s.MP made +2 on block, VT significantly buffed somehow
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
    I really think getting meterless reversals back should also be a priority. This game has some of the craziest offense and people literally don't have to worry about the option anymore when you don't have a bar. There's way too much confidence for the attacker. Even with a bar it's now more risky than it used to be.
    CFN ScootMagee
    Quark wrote: »
    the EX moves into pressure are unlikely to go anywhere, it's just the way capcom wants the game to play I think

better to petition for ryu to get his own derpy stuff than to try to turn him into SFIV or ST ryu IMO. like highland says if you cant beat em join em.

2 or more of these changes and I'd be pretty happy: s.HK hits crouchers, s.MP made +2 on block, VT significantly buffed somehow

Bring back unblockable Denjin Hadouken or, at the very least, increase the opponent's vunlerability when it guard-crushes.

I really think getting meterless reversals back should also be a priority. This game has some of the craziest offense and people literally don't have to worry about the option anymore when you don't have a bar. There's way too much confidence for the attacker. Even with a bar it's now more risky than it used to be.

This! How was it agreed upon that being endlessly pressured is fun? Ryu has nothing to counter act except reall great fundamentals and the easiest way to stop Ryu is just to block. He only has so much tricks before you get your chance to rush RYu's ass down.
    Speaking of meterless reversals I did a meaty c.mk on akuma and he performed a meterless wake up palm Vt combo into his ultra. I LOLed pretty hard at that because Ryu has nothing near of that.

It would be nice to VT from FB like the other shotos.
    Forward throw feels like I have 2 ton weights on my feet after. After I move what can I do, Solar plexus?
    And those stubby normals feel aweful.It is really annoying how much of the cast have a low hitting move that reaches far. At least for Ryu their moves seem like they reach far.
    edited February 25
    You can't do anything after throw. You can do a stationary axe kick canceled into fireball which will connect if they push a button, but really nobody decent should be pushing buttons after Ryus throw.

I did that or sometimes I just used to delay a fireball slightly.

I think st.mk xx vtrigger also works but it's probably a waste unless you've got critical art.

Without a doubt his throw damage should be increased by 20-30 hp if it's to remain this shit. You can't give half the cast throw loops that also have good attack then nerf defensive characters because reasons.
    Like some of you have pointed out it seems like turtling works. Well at least having good defense does. It looks like they took away Ryu the offensive powerhouse and made him more defensive "balanced" version of him. I want to point out some changes I have made to the way I play Ryu.

So I noticed that his c.lp has pretty good range and priority. I will useit in footsies when I am feeling pressured. I also use it to mix in overheads.
    Thee use of over heads is a must even though they nerfed his. So Now i have a mix up game where I can alter my timing to overhead, c.mk xx fb, s.fp or grab.
    I know spacing involves all characters but with RYu its more crucial because he doesnt have any momentum changing tricks, With that being said now when my opponent blocks my heavy jump in I now give just a little space before pressing anything instead of immediately going into c.mk x fb. It keeps them guessing.
    finally, I want to add that since Kolin was released I couldnt help but notice she has a Gouken type parry that deals a good amount of damage.
    It had me try to parry more often. thus far its hitor miss. I feel as if the best way to use it is to phish for CC and parry those.
    Once you successfully parry they are less likely to spam moves moving the game in your favor.

In the end I feel they made Ryu is an moderate to advance character and what I mean by that is theere are a lot of characters where it takes a lot less to win.
    One easy buff is to give back the distance on his s.lk and revert back the overhead changes that they made. I can only hope.
    The jump in - block - walk back a step is a very good way to open up tougher players or tech mashers, it's just an all round solid option. Once you get some confidence go for the st.mp - hp - hk target combo to beef up the damage.

Another benefit is that it's a built in bait if they are mashing reversal since the walk back step will block the reversal.

I've got lots of little things like this in a video but I'm not releasing shit til the patch. No point they might fuck us again.
    I can say the one thing I've been using far more is parry since they took away MP DP. I don't like doing it, but it's probably one of Ryu's best ways of blowing up frame traps now.

Burning the meter for EX DP isn't worth it (unless for wake up), and the only thing you don't cover is walk up throw or super delayed attack. Granted, it's not great, but it can be worth it if done strategically. Forcing your opponent to respect it does help (a little).
    edited March 3
    Personally I think walking up for just a st.MK after a forward throw is just fine. To me it feels like I still have the initiative and that's really all I want, and I don't think he should have bigger follow-ups either, unlike characters like Karin or Kolin who have to make their way in. I think the st.MK is guaranteed, so it opens up for f.HP or dashing in or jumping in, etc.

But I kind of wish the parry was 2-frames of start-up instead of 3...

Otherwise I enjoy Ryu a lot now, including the meterless shoryuken.

However, I really wish they'd match hitboxes to the animations, namely on our cr.MK and sweep. I really dislike that meaningless st.MP nerf too, I guess the much-debated st.LK... This would kind of have to include things like Cammy's cr.MK so hitboxes are accurate across the board, but I think it's a huge burden to not be able to rely on what the fuck the animations look like but rather have intimate knowledge of what the hitboxes behind scenes behave like.
    Diago still losing with Ryu. S2 Ryu is Middle Mid tier at best. He needs more damage or range or at least a DP that had invincibility on frame 2 or something. Late DP getting stuffed feels so weird.

Maybe v-trigger cancel from overhead. Something! Anything!!!
    I noticed another down-side to the meterless shoryuken last night aside from the obvious loss of defense... I was in v-trigger and tried getting something out of those beefed-up fireballs, so I charged one and made the opponent jump, and I shoryukened when I recovered just in time, but --- it lost to the jump in :)

I envy the start up & recovery of the sonic boom, and the fast release of Zangief's charged st.HP when it comes to hadokens in v-trigger.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So Daigo dropping Ryu for Guile and this thread has slowly become silent.

Well at least until the next balance patch has been released.

So were's the one who kept disagreeing to my post? Ryu still good? LOL
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    edited March 15
    Ryu S2.5 here we come!!

Ryu

The concept behind Ryu's initial Season 2 adjustments were that we wanted to encourage players to engage in closer combat by giving Ryu stronger in close tools, while in return, his midrange was weakened a little. Although his tools in close were strengthened, due to the shrinkage of a few hitboxes and increased attack startup, he now had a bit more trouble than anticipated fighting from the midrange. This, in turn, made it harder to get in close, making it more difficult for Ryu players to experience his Season 2 adjustments.

We hope with the additional adjustments made, Ryu will be more well-rounded than he was in Season 1, while also feeling that much stronger.

Standing LK
    Expanded the forward hitbox

Standing MP (Normal/V-Trigger)
    Expanded the forward hitbox

M Shoryuken
    Added a hurtbox for frames 3-6F
    Added invincibility for airborne attacks for frames 1 to 6F

H Shoryuken
    Added attack and projectile invincibility for frames 3 - 6F

Crouching HP
    Changed the move animation
    edited March 15
    It's funny that, considering it feels as if they had two people working on this game, they still had the time to add new animations or moves. Dhalsim and Zangief got a couple and Ryu's Cr.HP has a new animation now? I wonder how it is and if it has an effect on its usefulness.

Also, HP DP's new invincibility to attacks and projectiles could mean the return of the ume-shoryus, but will it work against some frame traps or meaties?

Yai for the LK and MP changes. I hope Ryu will have much less trouble getting in, now.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222

Crouching HP
    Changed the move animation

Curious about this, it feel strange change lol
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
    I wish they had improved his fireball game just a bit, but I guess zoning is out of the question in SFV.
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 195
    I hear the Invincibility change on the HP shoryuken one is frame 3 and not frame 1 so i dont think invincible dp's are back but it's good we can now anti air without MP DP. Rog still will be bad but atleast St LK is back
    I wonder if they reduced the startup on all those normals that were increased in S2. I would like that. .
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Welcome back boys. So which of you changed to guile before the balance patch was released?
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    Changes are ok, with the nerfs to characters like Guile I think Ryu will be somewhat pulled back into line.

If you discount simply getting shit back that you already had before. St.mp extra range might be something we can play with.

I'm interested to know a couple things - can we now target combo from further out from a st.mp ( decent buff) and I assume that the 2 x st.mp - into target combo now connects much more reliably, before you could only go for one st.mp in some situations.

Other applications could include now just going for st.mp x 2 Hp ( stop if they are crouching) which gives us two mediums and a heavy regardless if they are crouching or standing without having to input a special.

My gut feeling is that it's a decent change and I'm usually right about this stuff since I already called the S2 buffs as being average.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    And just like that...

Daigo picks back up Ryu

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

It's interesting.

I'm curious as to how good a poke st.strong will be. Maybe good enough to fish for counter-hit st.strong into sweep?
    I feel like ryu's poor options after throw are still his main weakness.
    Capcom said they want his neutral to be weaker to focus on more rushdown, but seeing as how his throws just return him to neutral (where he's mediocre), the opponents can just block him out and take the throw.

And with the changes to his frame data in s2.0, he doesn't have many frame traps that beat good 3-frame normals like necalli's st.jab (cr/st.jab into st.strong?), and those frame traps don't give him much...

So he's got slow-ish, stubby normals, so-so frame-traps, and a throw that isn't very threatening...
    Am I missing something here?

We'll have to see what his new cr.fierce is like. Unless it has bigger range to link off of st.strong/towards.fierce/back.roundhouse from much further out, I don't know what's special or fun about ryu anymore.
    edited March 16
    They want Ryu to be more rushdown but don't even bother to change the framedata on st.mp for frametrapping, throw game and v-trigger still pretty weak if they stay the same.

Glad they buffed Akuma health at least, and thanks god i don't have to spend a bar to auto correct anymore.

edited March 16
    St.mp won't work for the counter hit sweep, it doesn't work as is from some ranges, the problem is the sweep not the st.mp.

There could be stealth buffs though ( or nerfs).

Him still having the worse throw in the game sucks a bit. I'd rather they done a Karin, make him toss them to the other side of the screen rather than this awkward range we can't do anything with.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The only thing that has me smiling is s.lk, that's pretty much it. All the while someone like Necalli still continues flying under the Capcom Radar.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
    What if they made Ryu's overhead pretty fast (like 16 or 18 startup frames, down from 22)?
    Keep the damage and stun at 60/100, keep the frame data at +1/-6, or make it +0/-4 or something, and maybe don't make the animation telegraph itself so much, so it has a "react-able" startup of 12-14 frames, like USF4 Dudley's Dart Shot.

This gives him a quick, consistent way to dip in on opponents who are happy to down-back all day. Let him pester opponents who want to block him out to get back to neutral. I want to jyobin all over some people. I think this would be fun.

Landing overhead doesn't give Ryu massive damage or sick oki, but it let's him chip away at defenders.
    People can try to react/guess the high/low mixup, which is hard and opens them up to the throw, or...
    People can press buttons/throw to punish the actual slow 16-18 frame startup, opening them up to Ryu's frametraps.

I feel like this would still be pretty honest, as it's not that safe on block, not that easy to land (without conditioning the opponent to block), and not that much reward (60ish dmg and neutral-ish frames).
    Thoughts?
    Would be nice :tup: In SF4 Gouken could use his overhead in footsies because his hurtbox shrunk a little while using it, and it was a swift one hit attack that kind of flowed better in footsies than the two hit overheads like Ryu's.

I'm salty about Cammy getting a buffed cannon spike too though yo, damn............ Feels like never catchin' a break from that character.. At least Akuma is no longer a constant pain in the ass like her, and a character like Laura doesn't have Cammy's v-skill to bypass fireballs even without meter.. :bawling:
    edited March 16
    Changes are ok, with the nerfs to characters like Guile I think Ryu will be somewhat pulled back into line.

If you discount simply getting shit back that you already had before. St.mp extra range might be something we can play with.

I'm interested to know a couple things - can we now target combo from further out from a st.mp ( decent buff) and I assume that the 2 x st.mp - into target combo now connects much more reliably, before you could only go for one st.mp in some situations.

Other applications could include now just going for st.mp x 2 Hp ( stop if they are crouching) which gives us two mediums and a heavy regardless if they are crouching or standing without having to input a special.

My gut feeling is that it's a decent change and I'm usually right about this stuff since I already called the S2 buffs as being average.

Wasn't st mp range nerfed in the first s2 patch? I thought he was just getting that back as well.
    Post edited by Captain Ryu on
    CFN ScootMagee
    It was.