Ryu Season 2

1234689

Comments

  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    Changes are ok, with the nerfs to characters like Guile I think Ryu will be somewhat pulled back into line.

    If you discount simply getting shit back that you already had before. St.mp extra range might be something we can play with.

    I'm interested to know a couple things - can we now target combo from further out from a st.mp ( decent buff) and I assume that the 2 x st.mp - into target combo now connects much more reliably, before you could only go for one st.mp in some situations.

    Other applications could include now just going for st.mp x 2 Hp ( stop if they are crouching) which gives us two mediums and a heavy regardless if they are crouching or standing without having to input a special.

    My gut feeling is that it's a decent change and I'm usually right about this stuff since I already called the S2 buffs as being average.

    Wasn't st mp range nerfed in the first s2 patch? I thought he was just getting that back as well.

    You know what you're right, I'm an idiot.

    Really depends if they are just straight swapping it back or making it better. Still having extended hit boxes is never a bad thing.
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 391
    Getting s.mp range back is big especially since s.mp is Ryu combo start fro Neutral. More chances to land combos especially super.
    Too many times in S2 I have landed s.mp, s.mp ahh damn it wiffed. Now I have to start blocking because I wffed a normal.
    WIth s.lk range increased we can punish moves more often. That results in less abuse of specials which in turn lowers agression which was the problem with RYU in S2.
    Once things got heated he had very little to defend him self.

    I am not sure what this c.hp animation is for. My hope is that it extends it more horizontal so that we can use it as a FB block string.
    Do anyone have a reerence from another street fighter game that capcom would most likely recycle the move from and use it for Ryu in SF5
    PC AE ID: opticknads
  • vandutchvandutch Grand Master Lurker Joined: Posts: 41
    Maybe the new c.FP is going to have horizontal range instead of being an aa as it is faster but redundant with hk and less potential damage do to not being a cc button.
    XBL: DaPowerHouse
    PSN: DaPowerHouse_ CFN: DaPowerHouse
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    Not sure, it just says change in animation, if it had its boxes or data changed you'd think it would say that. Not sure what that one is all about really.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    vandutch wrote: »
    Maybe the new c.FP is going to have horizontal range instead of being an aa as it is faster but redundant with hk and less potential damage do to not being a cc button.

    i think they maybe will use his animation of close successful hit (the body shot) also for the not-hit version, wich vertically seem to stop at stomach level... maybe faster recovery to do crHP>stMP>stuff ?
    at 0:41
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • vandutchvandutch Grand Master Lurker Joined: Posts: 41
    edited March 17
    Not sure, it just says change in animation, if it had its boxes or data changed you'd think it would say that. Not sure what that one is all about really.

    Who know wtf capcom thinking they want Ryu to fight close so the nerf the hitbox on his moves and don't give him a reliable way to get in, if that was their real intention the would give him a 15 framee sps that was +1 on block to get in and make people just scared shitless , as of now Ryu is just paying a popularity tax and getting nerfed for no good reason.
    Cestus wrote: »
    vandutch wrote: »
    Maybe the new c.FP is going to have horizontal range instead of being an aa as it is faster but redundant with hk and less potential damage do to not being a cc button.

    i think they maybe will use his animation of close successful hit (the body shot) also for the not-hit version, wich vertically seem to stop at stomach level... maybe faster recovery to do crHP>stMP>stuff ?
    at 0:41

    Maybe they make it link into s.lp into s.lk if they let it link into s.mp its goint to rek people with the force stand into tc
    XBL: DaPowerHouse
    PSN: DaPowerHouse_ CFN: DaPowerHouse
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    vandutch wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    vandutch wrote: »
    Maybe the new c.FP is going to have horizontal range instead of being an aa as it is faster but redundant with hk and less potential damage do to not being a cc button.

    i think they maybe will use his animation of close successful hit (the body shot) also for the not-hit version, wich vertically seem to stop at stomach level... maybe faster recovery to do crHP>stMP>stuff ?
    at 0:41
    if they let it link into s.mp its goint to rek people with the force stand into tc

    a89f26aece3b6b6b2c870320d5b9c18f.gif
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • vandutchvandutch Grand Master Lurker Joined: Posts: 41
    Cestus wrote: »
    vandutch wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    vandutch wrote: »
    Maybe the new c.FP is going to have horizontal range instead of being an aa as it is faster but redundant with hk and less potential damage do to not being a cc button.

    i think they maybe will use his animation of close successful hit (the body shot) also for the not-hit version, wich vertically seem to stop at stomach level... maybe faster recovery to do crHP>stMP>stuff ?
    at 0:41
    if they let it link into s.mp its goint to rek people with the force stand into tc

    a89f26aece3b6b6b2c870320d5b9c18f.gif

    Well played Sir.
    XBL: DaPowerHouse
    PSN: DaPowerHouse_ CFN: DaPowerHouse
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    47661834.jpg
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 391


    Got pretty deaad around here. I was looking at the the rankings the other day and I saw a couple of Ryu's in the top 100 the closest being at 44. He got nerfed badly but he may definately not be at the bottom.
    PC AE ID: opticknads
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    Eh, I'm not the best player (hardly a decent one), and obviously there are great players out there who can make him work, but this version of Ryu just isn't even fun to play.

    S1 Ryu was pretty close to perfect IMO. He maybe needed some slight tweaks here or there to round out his super bad match-ups, but at least you could do fun stuff.

    This Ryu just feels like an incomplete character. When you can't even zone Zangief...You know the designers F'd up.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    New Ryu crHP animation

    Visually i definitely prefer the previus one, hopefully this one at least offer some kind of improvement combo wise

    At some point it connect in counter too, but nothing flashy happen

    https://gfycat.com/ifr/LimitedWaryAsianwaterbuffalo
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    It's me or new crHP seem slighty longer forward?

    R5s9IC.gif

    Does'nt previous crHP whiff from that distance?
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • DeathGunDeathGun Joined: Posts: 697
    edited March 29
    Cestus wrote: »
    It's me or new crHP seem slighty longer forward?

    R5s9IC.gif

    Does'nt previous crHP whiff from that distance?

    same horizontal range, the first active frame hitbox's got moved vertically a bit. It may not hit the tip of some low pokes anymore. I dont see any other effect on that change, its a nerf in my opinion, a minor one.


    j7wc50.jpg
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 195
    So it's really a nerf? Ha why am im not surprised it's capcom after all
  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 97
    Well, bigger upwards hitbox is a buff for it as an antiair. And I don't think that higher hitbox below will influence practical applicability of the move. Calling that a nerf is an overstretch I think.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    edited March 29
    It's pointless is what it is. Only thing I see it useful for in any capacity is close cross ups but with the MP DP AA back you're probably just better going for that.
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    edited March 29
    I'm starting to question the design team on this game. It's one thing to let a couple of things through that need to be addressed, fine. People make mistakes.

    At this point though, it's like the design team legitimately doesn't know anything about 2D fighting game design or anything about their own FG.

    Agree with highland...A useless change.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 97
    I agree that it's practically useless. Only maybe for newer players for whom it's easier to antiair with a normal than DP. Just not a nerf. =)
    What is really strange that they desided to spend resources on that. Changing animation is definitely more expensive that just changing a hitbox. And there is not much point.
  • Arthuro_RayArthuro_Ray Joined: Posts: 220
    edited March 29
    I kinda had trouble seeing if cr.hp would connect or not with the older animation during punishes/combos, maybe they thought it will be easier with the new animation, hence the change?


    Having a hitbox upwards is a nice buff, hopefully it's as good as Balrog AA normal, close jump-ins that don't crossup are the hardest to deal with.

  • Arthuro_RayArthuro_Ray Joined: Posts: 220
    Cestus wrote: »
    It's me or new crHP seem slighty longer forward?

    R5s9IC.gif

    Does'nt previous crHP whiff from that distance?

    He walks slight forward, it was always like that for max punish combos.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,081
    Why the fuck did Capcom waste time and money redoing a perfectly good animation? Don't they have new characters to make? Must be nice having that kind of money to throw around...
    I'm making a fighting game! http://www.disturbingtheverse.com/
    The SRK thread, the Discord server.
  • PajoohPajooh Joined: Posts: 78
    That animation looks wonky as hell, right along with Cammy's air throw. Just undo it and put back the way it was. Useless fucking change and a change for the worse IMO. Bad enough he sucks now you have to make him look retarded.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,222
    edited March 29
    Pajooh wrote: »
    That animation looks wonky as hell, right along with Cammy's air throw. Just undo it and put back the way it was. Useless fucking change and a change for the worse IMO. Bad enough he sucks now you have to make him look retarded.

    Will have liked it if they keept old one as crHP, and gave this new move as back+HP with launch property

    Kinda like this
    148702543057599.gif?1487025440

    Now that will have been cool, imagine MP->bHP-> launch ->stuff

    Will have loved that
    Post edited by Cestus on
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • IzickIzick Joined: Posts: 199
    edited March 29


    Cr.hp a worse Anti Air in V-trigger, smh.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,487
    edited March 30
    That's an odd way to "enhance" something in v-trigger...

    Cr.hp at close range is a better anti-air than shoryuken against Cammy in my opinion, because cr.hp will hit her out of the air (peak height) regardless of whether she delays her airborne attack or not, meanwhile the shoryuken would run of out of active frames if you tried shoryuken in place of cr.hp.

    I thought the combo looked pretty sick with st.mp to cr.hp where he punched 'em in the gut, followed up with a shoryuken to the chin with the same arm, so I will kind of miss that and it was a perfectly fine animation in its own right too.

    If the properties change then maybe we can get some extra damage while in v-trigger on cr.hp, and change the v-trigger animation to the old one... :how_interesting:
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    edited March 30
    Don't use Cr.hp for AA anyway, might aswell axe kick if your going to use a normal because it juggles and has a better hit box from memory.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,487
    The axe kick is two frames slower though.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    Don't forget the potential knockdown Axe Kick gives you as an AA. Since Ryu has crappy offensive options, getting some oki for an AA is about the best thing Ryu has going for him.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • JustinShadeJustinShade Joined: Posts: 6
    Are there any Ryu players playing the beta later tonight 03/30 or 03/31 after 7:30PM CST? I wanted to create a battle lounge and test ideas with character changes against and for Ryu. I've seen people making lobbies of first to 5 or 10 and just trying new ideas. There isn't much to Ryu's changes in the update, but still wanted to reach out.
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 195
    Is Ryu's st lk back to where it was in season 1 in this beta version?
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,273
    Is Ryu's st lk back to where it was in season 1 in this beta version?


    yes, I believe so. I was able to connect a st lk after a st rh from almost max range. It feels good to be able to convert off that again.

    Can anyone confirm a change in ryu's j.mk? I feel like the move is whiffing when it's supposed to hit. It could just be me but something seemed off about it.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 538
    His C.HP looks like Akuma's B.HP
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 100
    Can someone confirm if Ryu's MP DP and HP DP still do the same damage?
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    Is Ryu's st lk back to where it was in season 1 in this beta version?

    It's a pixel better than S1 according to the numbers, nothing noticeable I would imagine.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh wow they gave ryu a spankin new cr. Hp animation....

    Wait haven't I saw that animation before?

    Oh it was in sfXt lol!
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 4
    The s.lk buff will make his mid range a little bit better, however overall, he's still going to remain where he's at currently in S2, irrelevant. I mean, at the absolute best, he may get closer to mid-tier possibly, however imo he'll be around low-mid. Not to mention with the most prolific Ryu player switching over to Guile now, we will no longer be seeing Ryu being played at the extreme high levels which saddens me, and imo for the game of SF:V in general.


    I guess that's not too far off from late game SFIV where regular Ryu was just counter pick tier at best. It's funny because in the Evo panel for SFV they said they were balancing the game around Ryu, but may not be the case now.


    With that said, I'm pretty sure Daigo is going to be messing around with Season 2 Ryu. One of the big issues with Ryu in Season 2 is QoL issues that they didn't think about going into the new season for him. Now that he can properly cover the air again and punish in mid range which is necessary for his archetype, at minimum you should see him play Ryu online again. You don't stick through Ryu's worst times like that and just never go back. He is Ryu.

    Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

    BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI


    SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

    KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

    SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

    3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

    If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

    PSN: PervyJin01

    CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 97
    I hope Daigo stick with Guile personally, unless they make Ryu strong. Ryu even with buffs isn't strong now and with current level of competition I don't think it's wise to use him in tournaments - too much of an uphill battle. I like watching tournaments and like to see players show their capabilities fully - for that you need a good characters with good tools. I don't want to see player showing an amazing play and still lose or at least looking hindered by his character, like it was with Xian in S1. And Guile fits Daigo preferable playstyle too. I think when character loyalty hurts your results (for pros) or fun (for casuals) it stops being a virtue, if it ever was.

    Also i don't think Capcom will make Ruy strong any time soon. Comments on this thread often say that only idiots could balance Ryu the way Capcom did, like they don't know what they are doing. And i think they know perfectly well what they are doing and they made Ryu weak on purpose. He was the most popular character with almost 18% of people playing him. That's a lot of people who can buy DLC. So they gave Ryu nerfs that he didn't really need to give people additional incentive to buy Akuma. And they gave Urien, Balrog, Guile buffs that they didn't really need and made them kinda easy to play on low level so people would switch to them too.
    It worked, at least for Akuma. He was most popular for two months and is now second place. But Ruy is still first with 10-12% and he will always be popular, just because he is Ryu. And that's a lot of people who can buy DLC. So there is no point in making Ryu strong and taking away that incentive to switch.
    They will keep Urien, Guile, Balrog and Ibuki top tier and tournament viable, so pros would show a good results with them (even maybe Juri). People will see that and will switch. At some point they will release Sagat, i guess next season like Akuma on S2. And they also want people to switch. And people don't like to switch from strong characters.
    But at least Sagat being DLC gives good chances that he will not be nerfed too hard, so Highlandfireball's curse of his characters being nerfed will be lifted. =)
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    Personally I think they are taking a massive risk making all the shoto's shit. Because lets face it Ken is also pretty rubbish, looks like he's getting worse and Akuma is probably Mid tier at best. Making possibly 30% of your player base hate their character because shit hawks want to smash their head off the controller with Laura and Balrog is a bad move.
  • igogorekigogorek Joined: Posts: 97
    I'm actually surprised that Akuma ended up mid tier at best. I was pretty shure he is gona be OP.
  • vandutchvandutch Grand Master Lurker Joined: Posts: 41
    Shotos go aginst the new design philosophy for SFV, and that is safeish moves that move forward, are spamable and mixups.
    Basically fireballs are irrelevant, tatsus are combo enders(ryu still has to confirm standing to use) and srk's high risk low reward special moves.

    Look's like capcom should faze out shotos instead of having them languishing in the game just for fan service
    XBL: DaPowerHouse
    PSN: DaPowerHouse_ CFN: DaPowerHouse
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    A 2D fighting game without effective zoning is just a bad 3D fighting game with no horizontal axis IMO.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 195
    Capcom won't bring Ryu,Chun,Alex,Fang,Ken, or Nash closer to their season 1 selves and to me it's obvious because Capcom won't admit how much of a failure season 2 has been balance wise. Now onto Ryu yeah i don't see him getting better much even with st lk coming back, i still think he should get a buff to his v trigger mode and his throw game right now everything is just too rushdown heavy
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 391
    I am trying to be positive about this.
    The way I see it is that overall he is better because his footsies are better. I mean having extra range on your main combo button is a good buff. Having more range on a fast light that can be used for punishes is another good buff. Considering the buff to B+HK ( This is a situational buff that i feel works well against certain characters) and little extra range on c.lp I think Ryu can play just a little better than before.
    In a nutshell the abuse that some characters had with there normals and specials should die down a step or two because they will have to respect that they can get hit with something

    Oh yeah, with longer reach players will tend to jump in more to compensate allowing you to to AA more.
    I am tryin to be optimistic here!
    PC AE ID: opticknads
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Highland is correct that shotos overall are pretty bad in S2, with Ken and Gouki being more viable than Ryu, although Ken will be getting a nerf as well with the April patch lol! Some of the changes makes no damn sense at all. I guess Cammy must've been so weak in S2 that she needed an Air throw now? Capcom, what?

    Guile is one of the shining moments of S2, because I actually see zoning that it outside the sweep range, and so I'm hoping that the nerfs he got with the soon to be patch doesn't hurt him that much.

    Sadly, when I watch S2 matches of Laura, Urien, Rog popping a character for making one mistake and I ask myself the question as to why someone like Ryu who promotes real SF play is put on the backseat burner.

    I mean, I just got done with SF4...a game where we had to deal with stupid Vortex characters, dive kick galores, and here we are in a blender of new characters whom are once again doing nonsense things, but with no strong Honest characters like Ryu who could balance the character archetypes out.

    No, I'm not branding hate on character archetypes like Laura, Balrog, in fact I don't mind it one bit. However if Capcom ascends these types of characters than they should try to follow previous SF games like Super Turbo who also committed into putting Powerful fundamental characters to be on par so that it would make the game at least in my mind more enjoyable.

    On record once again, I've been so salty with S2 (Yes, you guys can call me a whiner, I have no qualms, but I'm just being honest, that I sincerely don't enjoy S2 all that much) that I've barely clocked any hours in, and with me being out of state, it just puts me at ease knowing that I won't be at home to be tempted into to touching the game until at least the end of May when I came back.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    edited April 5
    They should make st.jab link to st.mp without a counter hit so we've got a brain dead 3 frame hit confirm into target combo that's safe if you stop at st.mp. That way it would fit with the game design - lots of stupid shit thats safe on block but does good damage if it hits and is basically low/no risk.

    I've done ok in season 2 even though it sucks donkey dick, but my gameplan is just the same for most characters/players - block and wait til they've burned their stupid shit then counter that, rinse repeat. If they've got meter - block, if they've got V-trigger - block. Only throw fireballs if you've cancelled off a normal or are outside jump distance.

    Basically I play like the most simple game you can imagine and know all the frame data counters so I just try and collect damage from their negative gambles. I beat a Rog in the top 500 today twice in a row by just playing him like he was brainless. I also stopped teching 90% of the time and just block. I figure I can take 5-6 throws and reset the situation since most of the cast don't get midscreen pressure ( at least not real pressure). If you're in the corner your pretty fucked though.

    I really don't care though, I think the game overall is quite bad, but I still thought the game was bad when Ryu was good, it was just more manageable.
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    edited April 5
    Sincere question to everyone who is not enjoying SFV. Would consider switching to let's say KOF or maybe GGear if you're looking for a 2D FG?

    What irks me is that when people get up in arms about a game, calling it bad, but then continue to play it and and give time/money to Capcom instead of voting with what counts.

    Just my opinion, but unless people are actually willing to walk away and say, "Make this game better or I won't continue to support it," I feel like it's an inability to not put your money where your mouth is. If no one is willing to actually change their habits, then I guess there is no reason to believe Capcom will actually change the game towards something more geared towards what Ryu players would like.
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 7,885
    BeastEG wrote: »
    Sincere question to everyone who is not enjoying SFV. Would consider switching to let's say KOF or maybe GGear if you're looking for a 2D FG?

    What irks me is that when people get up in arms about a game, calling it bad, but then continue to play it and and give time/money to Capcom instead of voting with what counts.

    Just my opinion, but unless people are actually willing to walk away and say, "Make this game better or I won't continue to support it," I feel like it's an inability to not put your money where your mouth is. If no one is willing to actually change their habits, then I guess there is no reason to believe Capcom will actually change the game towards something more geared towards what Ryu players would like.

    The main problem at least for me and my region and personal life is that fighting games are very much a free time hobby which I get about 5-6 hours a week on and if getting games on SF5 is hard, then it must be worse on other less popular games. FGs are generally a small categorie. If anything I'd see myself switching genres completely.

    I played SF4 yesterday with an old sparring partner it it was thoroughly enjoyable, but the SF4 scene is quite quiet now.

    I guess the way I show my stance is that I'm not willing to spend a single cent on SF5 ever again, be it costumes, characters,content etc.
  • BeastEGBeastEG One day, I'll realize I'm bad at FG's Joined: Posts: 347
    BeastEG wrote: »
    Sincere question to everyone who is not enjoying SFV. Would consider switching to let's say KOF or maybe GGear if you're looking for a 2D FG?

    What irks me is that when people get up in arms about a game, calling it bad, but then continue to play it and and give time/money to Capcom instead of voting with what counts.

    Just my opinion, but unless people are actually willing to walk away and say, "Make this game better or I won't continue to support it," I feel like it's an inability to not put your money where your mouth is. If no one is willing to actually change their habits, then I guess there is no reason to believe Capcom will actually change the game towards something more geared towards what Ryu players would like.

    The main problem at least for me and my region and personal life is that fighting games are very much a free time hobby which I get about 5-6 hours a week on and if getting games on SF5 is hard, then it must be worse on other less popular games. FGs are generally a small categorie. If anything I'd see myself switching genres completely.

    I played SF4 yesterday with an old sparring partner it it was thoroughly enjoyable, but the SF4 scene is quite quiet now.

    I guess the way I show my stance is that I'm not willing to spend a single cent on SF5 ever again, be it costumes, characters,content etc.

    While I agree with that (I only play for fun on occasion), I guess for me, I've just filled my time with other things. If KOF had better online (and America ever got good internet), I'd switch to that. It looks like GGear may be good enough to consider getting XrdR2.

    To me, if people don't vote with their time/money...then it's just whining (not accusing you, but general population at large.)
    SFV: Ryu
    VF5FS: Sarah Bryant
    Overwatch (damn there is a lot to learn): Ninja, Pharrah, 76, Tracer / Bastion, Dwarf / Ape, Rein, Orisa / Lucio, Mercy, Zen, Symm
Sign In or Register to comment.