Story Mode Discussion: Universes Clash Once Again

Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan ForeverJoined: Posts: 746
edited December 2016 in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
(Inspired by Street Fighter V's Story Thread)

First off, I just wanna say that I'm one of those people who enjoy playing Story Mode and single player content in fighting games. So I was pleasantly surprised and excited to hear that Marvel V. Capcom Infinite was gonna have a story mode. I know this is gonna be a first, since previous MvC games only had an arcade mode with endings. So I'm really excited to see how the characters are gonna react and work together their differences to save the world.

*taken from Eventhubs

I know we're just days after the reveal. But so far, an interview with the exec. producer had this to say abotu the upcoming story mode
Hyping up story mode

Marvel's team was very energetic when talking about Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's story mode.

"We are personally very excited about the all new story mode," said Jones.

"We haven't shown much of that yet, but there's going to be a full cinematic story mode.

"You're going to see your favorite Marvel and Capcom characters crash into each other and see how they're going to interact," he said. "See unlikely alliances in an all new universe to explore."

Marvel Games creative director, Bill Rosemann, also added a few words.

"Marvel fans always want a story behind the fight," said Rosemann.

"Two heroes or villains fighting is cool, but the question is — why are they colliding?

"[MvCI will have a] big story mode explaining how these worlds come together, and why these characters must fight to the finish," he said.

Of course, the closer to the game we get, the more reveals and information will be released, but that's all for now.

Until then, the floor is open.
Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 16 (Chun-Li v. Shadaloo Guards: Chun-Li's Comeback)
*edited July, 16, 2017: Page 16 Completed

Comments

• stormsasukestormsasuke Joined: Posts: 19
    I am going to assume for now that Incursions have to do something with it.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,555
    Pretty interested in seeing how this will play out. I'm wondering if it's a total reboot of the vs series, or they'll lightly tie it to Msh and have it that after beating Thanos, something went wrong with the gems and Marvel reality latched onto the Capcom universe(s).

Seeing possibly Ultron Mark Sigma be the boss is awesome, though I wonder if he'll be a sub boss or the final. I remember when MvC3 first came out, I thought that Dormammu would be the endboss, but lo and behold, it was Galactus.

I really do wanna see how they do this and wonder if they'll do a DLC story expansion as the game grows. I know SF5 is planned up till 2020, but it'd be nice to see MvCI grow. Also, I'd really love if they played up the comic/episodic content. I've always been a fan of title cards, it'd be cool if they used a comicbook and/or cartoon aesthetic.

I just recently came across this game while on a retro spree, but I like the classic Japanese toku show method they used for each level/chapter:

Also, and old favourite of mine, Evil Zone, played up the episodic format:

Could be a fun way to execute stuff. Not necessary, but a little spit and polish bundled with being stylized never hurt.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    I just hope we get a real capcom boss this time, and not something like Cyber Akuma lol. If for story purposes only, then I would like to see Thanos have some involvement.
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    edited December 2016
    Ephidel wrote: »
    I just hope we get a real capcom boss this time, and not something like Cyber Akuma lol. If for story purposes only, then I would like to see Thanos have some involvement.

I would prefer Cyber Akuma and Mech Zangief as an exclusive personality icons for capcom crossover games than their generic counterparts not as bosses. Their regular counterparts should stay in Street Fighter.

Sigma X Ultron henchmen/army might be interesting. To bring back the likes of Solo a Strider recurring villain and Vile a X villain. Mecha based characters perfect but i doubt it won't happen. This is the time to bring Huitzil/Phobos and Devilot's Super-8.

TVC features Legendary Wings, UMVC features Arthur and Spencer, SFxT features Megaman Boxart, I hope they would bring in the like of Kevin Strayker from SF2010 then Arthur in mechanized armor based from Cannon Spike to compete with the machine invasion.

I hope the story is a mix of cosmic and tech. It's like the Age of Ultron, Matrix and Terminator combined. There are lot of interesting rise of the machine or invasion machine virus theme stories lately like DC Comic's Future Ends, MTG Scar of Mirrodin, Megaman vs Sonic and etc

I don't prefer going combined or amalgam of Capcom with Marvel Characters like MK vs DC's Dark Khan. The best would be mechanized counterparts or cybernetic implant version of Capcom side Villains to counter their rival Capcom Generic Heroes and no to marvel villains to be change unlike capcom villains.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,356
    Here's a fun throwback. So I'm reading through the prologue comic in UMvC3's intro and the lack of villains/story in that game was so painful that I don't see why they bothered for that game. Chris and bodysuit Jill are working together when Hulk shows up. Wesker, the only Capcom villain to actually plan anything, is on a Skype call with Doom, Magneto, Skrull, MODOK, and Taskmaster. A bunch of characters are fighting when Galactus shows up.

If they are serious about the story this time, you can't have Wesker carrying the Capcom villains. Vergil and Akuma just wander around doing their thing so they don't count.
  • KoKuTanAlecKoKuTanAlec Joined: Posts: 9
    edited December 2016
    Newcomer here. I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the decision to have X and Captain Marvel as the central characters In story mode. Even from looking at the trailer it seems that X discoverers the power gem while Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) seems to already be in possession of the time gem. I'd imagine Capcom is using X as an apology of sorts to all the fans missing Mega Man from the spotlight, specifically X fans, or maybe from the outcry and polls where he was on top, for UMVC3 DLC. I'd imagine Marvel wants to push Captain Marvel into the mainstream as she has a MCU movie coming out in a few years and I believe she plays a huge part in the infinity war and the Avengers team in the fourth movie.

All of that aside, I'm hoping we get dialog, eastereggs, and some awesome fourth wall breaking jokes between characters, similar to what is seen in Project X Zone. I loved the dialog between characters in that series (the one that had Sega Namco and Capcom in an RPG game). It also would be great to see some animated or GCI sequences or shorts in-game or outside just to promote the game and its cast. Might be unrelated, but similar to how Blizzard promotes Overwatch characters though animated shorts which explains their backstory or ultimate objective.

Edit: I'd imagine and can only hope for a sigma inclusion. The end almost looked like Ultron with the Sigma Virus or some kind of situation where Sigma (Possibly Dr.Wily) made a body from Ultron so Sigma can possess it via the sigma/zero virus. I'd love to see two final bosses though, a Capcom and Marvel one (Maybe based off if you selected a Marvel or Capcom hero as your primary character) ... However the Ultron/Sigma combination sort of solves that easily...
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,557
    The story will be everyone fights over the gems but thanos gets them anyways proceeds to rape until heroes pull off miraculous win
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,694
    edited December 2016
    I hope capcom would pull in their character that has previous plots related into gems and magical stones or other cosmic stuff together with technological and cybernetic stuff to have synergy with marvel's infinity gem and ultron.

Magic talisman, crystals, gems and stone related characters are like of Rouge from Powerstone and Tessa/Tabasa from Warzard/Red Earth along with the previous Ruby Heart that is a pirate from the previous MvC2 rather than just random promotional characters.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • KoKuTanAlecKoKuTanAlec Joined: Posts: 9
    I hope capcom would pull in their character that has previous plots related into gems and magical stones or other cosmic stuff together with technological and cybernetic stuff to have synergy with marvel's infinity gem and ultron.

Magic talisman, crystals, gems and stone related characters are like of Rouge from Powerstone and Tessa/Tabasa from Warzard/Red Earth along with the previous Ruby Heart that is a pirate from the previous MvC2 rather than just random promotional characters.

Now that I think of it, if they go into multiverse stuff why not some how tie in each vs series game as if they were their own separate realities of capcom vs marvel crossovers. I'd love an ending in MVCi where every character appears on screen, via art or animated, that has appeared in each vs title. Almost like a Marvel 2 ending but with each character from every crossover (just marvel and capcom related) hanging out before going back to their own respective universe.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,199
    Nerd
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Lol wtf was that post
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 746

It's like Capcom doing a Kingdom Hearts like Square Enix.

Now that I think of it, if they go into multiverse stuff why not some how tie in each vs series game as if they were their own separate realities of capcom vs marvel crossovers. I'd love an ending in MVCi where every character appears on screen, via art or animated, that has appeared in each vs title. Almost like a Marvel 2 ending but with each character from every crossover (just marvel and capcom related) hanging out before going back to their own respective universe.

It's unlikely that they would choose to visit previous realities of crossover because it might bring complication they would, rather just going straight into nostalgic references or either promotion of their dominant and preferred choice of IP to market. I just hope they would at least bring synergy of interest and origins that will connect each other like computer virus, technological and magical stones rather than just random sudden interest.

The best direction is just re-using nostalgic costume and putting nostalgic characters like Ruby Heart, Cyber Akuma, Mech Zangief and Cyborg Nash to MvCi without bringing the same plots and origin from the previous reference game. Likely treated as alternative version that never needed to compromised to their other origins and plots. Yes, It still possible to see every character in the previous crossover marvel game but as alternate version of those other marvel game.

If you notice the endings and characters move sets in earlier 90's crossover games like Xmen Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom(1st) were interconnected to each other but not Marvel vs Capcom 2 is that is independent and set in a different continuity.
    • Nash isn't a Shadow.
    • Ryu losses his red head ban, his hadoken uses MVSF version in MVC2. So Ryu MVC2 is Ryu MVSF and Ryu MVC is never Ryu MVC2
    • Chun-li has no Shichisei Senkuu Kyaku in MVC2, So Chunli MVC2 is Chunli MVSF and Chunli MVC is never Chunli MVC2
    • Iceman never had si MVC1 Special Partner Assist Move. So Iceman MVC is never Iceman MVC2
    • New MVC1 Special Partner Character is never made into MVC2.
    • Even X-Men COTA Akuma is better than Akuma.

is it safe to assume that MVCI is gonna be set in it's own canon universe, different from all the other capcom games? The reason why I asked is because for the longest time, each fighting franchise was considered to be set in its own universe. (Street fighter, Tekken, balzeblue,etc) But up until recently, there have been quite a few crossovers, especially with the more recent games. In the Kanzuki Beach stage, we see character from Fight school make an appearence, even though I'm not sure if any of Sakura's meeting with them would be considered canon.

Also, we have Akuma jump the ship into Tekken, and now he's back again. I'm wondering, if Akuma can cross universes, could that same theory be put into the MVCI story?
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 16 (Chun-Li v. Shadaloo Guards: Chun-Li's Comeback)
    *edited July, 16, 2017: Page 16 Completed
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,335

It's like Capcom doing a Kingdom Hearts like Square Enix.

It's unlikely that they would choose to visit previous realities of crossover because it might bring complication they would, rather just going straight into nostalgic references or either promotion of their dominant and preferred choice of IP to market. I just hope they would at least bring synergy of interest and origins that will connect each other like computer virus, technological and magical stones rather than just random sudden interest.

The best direction is just re-using nostalgic costume and putting nostalgic characters like Ruby Heart, Cyber Akuma, Mech Zangief and Cyborg Nash to MvCi without bringing the same plots and origin from the previous reference game. Likely treated as alternative version that never needed to compromised to their other origins and plots. Yes, It still possible to see every character in the previous crossover marvel game but as alternate version of those other marvel game.

If you notice the endings and characters move sets in earlier 90's crossover games like Xmen Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom(1st) were interconnected to each other but not Marvel vs Capcom 2 is that is independent and set in a different continuity.
    • Nash isn't a Shadow.
    • Ryu losses his red head ban, his hadoken uses MVSF version in MVC2. So Ryu MVC2 is Ryu MVSF and Ryu MVC is never Ryu MVC2
    • Chun-li has no Shichisei Senkuu Kyaku in MVC2, So Chunli MVC2 is Chunli MVSF and Chunli MVC is never Chunli MVC2
    • Iceman never had si MVC1 Special Partner Assist Move. So Iceman MVC is never Iceman MVC2
    • New MVC1 Special Partner Character is never made into MVC2.
    • Even X-Men COTA Akuma is better than Akuma.

is it safe to assume that MVCI is gonna be set in it's own canon universe, different from all the other capcom games? The reason why I asked is because for the longest time, each fighting franchise was considered to be set in its own universe. (Street fighter, Tekken, balzeblue,etc) But up until recently, there have been quite a few crossovers, especially with the more recent games. In the Kanzuki Beach stage, we see character from Fight school make an appearence, even though I'm not sure if any of Sakura's meeting with them would be considered canon.

Also, we have Akuma jump the ship into Tekken, and now he's back again. I'm wondering, if Akuma can cross universes, could that same theory be put into the MVCI story?

As far as Tekken goes, I think it's universe has it's own version of Akuma instead of it being Street Fighter's Akuma universe hopping.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,431
    SF5's story mode was hot garbage.

They had better do more than just a bunch of cutscenes interspersed with Easiest-setting CPU fights against mook enemies with two moves.
    edited December 2016
    Akuma is becoming the Cid or more likely Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy to Capcom's Games!

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 107
    Sometimes i wish MVCI storyline is directly ties after Spider-Verse and BNGI's Tekken 7, involving Akuma's presence & how Capcom Game Spidey survived from Morlun's life force absorption. Not to mention to expect Tekken hero's Jin Kazama somehow plays a vital role in MVCI stories in turn
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,555
    Sometimes i wish MVCI storyline is directly ties after Spider-Verse and BNGI's Tekken 7, involving Akuma's presence & how Capcom Game Spidey survived from Morlun's life force absorption. Not to mention to expect Tekken hero's Jin Kazama somehow plays a vital role in MVCI stories in turn

That's just complicating things waaaay too much for a consumer. I may be letting a tiny bit of bias in since I didn't like Spiderverse, but think of it from the standpoint of someone who didn't play Tekken 7 or read the book. They're going to be absolutely confused and Capcom wouldn't take time to adapt part of a story the focuses on Spider man vs the inheritors when it's got to set up all of the Marvel Universe merging with the Capcom universes.

Also throwing in Jin would not work and would make a legal nightmare. Crossovers can get complicated enough, but going to Namco, getting legal rights in order just to briefly use Jin wouldn't be worth the costs. Namco is going to want to be featured more promptly and I doubt Capcom would want to dish out a ton of money for what amounts to a possible cameo.

You want to keep things nice and neat. That's why it's a reboot, they want people who may be picking up a VS game for the first time ever to be able to play the game, get the story from there and move on.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

That's a bunch of unnecessary continuity and only serve to confuse things. Capcom ain't going for Crisis on Infinite Earths.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 440
    If anything, it's closer to Secret Wars with the whole worlds colliding and combining thing going on.
    Rip sig.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 899
    Yeah. Secret Wars seems like the most likely direction. It also would mean Doom is confirmed, which I like.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,732
    So do you guys think the story is going to be on the more original side or based on some of the crossover comics Marvel released in the past?

I'd speculate but I know fuck all about the Mahvel universes, so no idea what would the Capcom characters be doing
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So do you guys think the story is going to be on the more original side or based on some of the crossover comics Marvel released in the past?

I'd speculate but I know fuck all about the Mahvel universes, so no idea what would the Capcom characters be doing

All you need to know about Secret Wars is that Doom fucks shit up by creating a space-time anomaly (incursion) that causes parallel universes to merge, essentially destroying them (the main universes it focuses on are the main and Ultimate versions of Earth). The new merged universe was designed by Doom, so it was up to the Marvel heroes (and villains) to set things straight.

With this kind of story, you can easily replace one of the universes with a Capcom one and change around some of the details and BOOM! Story Mode....
    My Characters/Teams:

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,732
    KiyaaKing wrote: »

All you need to know about Secret Wars is that Doom fucks shit up by creating a space-time anomaly (incursion) that causes parallel universes to merge, essentially destroying them (the main universes it focuses on are the main and Ultimate versions of Earth). The new merged universe was designed by Doom, so it was up to the Marvel heroes (and villains) to set things straight.

With this kind of story, you can easily replace one of the universes with a Capcom one and change around some of the details and BOOM! Story Mode....

Isn't this what was supposed to happen in UMVC3?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Kinda, but nothing was really explained all that well. I'm assuming this time around the story will be more fleshed out.
    My Characters/Teams:

I doubt theyd just ctrl+v an existing comic storyline thatd be lazy as fucc....
    King of the Post-09ers
    Using Secret Wars would be the best way to present a story for this imo. The laziest thing they can do with this game story is make it Contest of Champions.

Original. I can see some elements of other tales coming in, but focusing on adapting one story too strongly limits things severely especially for the Capcom characters. If you rely too much on the Secret Wars element, you have to handle the whole build up with the Beyonders, all the multiversal Molecule Men, Doom literally becoming God, etc. and like I said in a past post, that's just not a good way to get newcomers involved.

I'd personally make a quick and dirty sequel to Marvel Superheroes. You have a short recap saying the Gems were previously held by a madman named Thanos, the heroes stopped him, but something went out of sync and cracked the multiverse and in an attempt to fix things, someone didn't read the fine print on the reality gem and now, the universes are crashing into each other rather than being fixed up and parallel.

This way, you have a quick round up, introduce the stakes and let the story build at the player's pace.

edited December 2016
    Shockdingo wrote: »

Original. I can see some elements of other tales coming in, but focusing on adapting one story too strongly limits things severely especially for the Capcom characters. If you rely too much on the Secret Wars element, you have to handle the whole build up with the Beyonders, all the multiversal Molecule Men, Doom literally becoming God, etc. and like I said in a past post, that's just not a good way to get newcomers involved.

I'd personally make a quick and dirty sequel to Marvel Superheroes. You have a short recap saying the Gems were previously held by a madman named Thanos, the heroes stopped him, but something went out of sync and cracked the multiverse and in an attempt to fix things, someone didn't read the fine print on the reality gem and now, the universes are crashing into each other rather than being fixed up and parallel.

This way, you have a quick round up, introduce the stakes and let the story build at the player's pace.

Capcom can forgo the Secret War element all together if they use Miss America Chavez. Opening portals between realities is her main power. She's also a powerhouse so she would make for a fine playable character.
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    Interesting! I know nothing about her; Seen her around though, at first I thought she was just super strong, so she teleports or she can take people with her? Cause in the footage we've seen the worlds are literally crashing into each other. Is that something she can cause?

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,541
    Another thing I'm interested in is the various combination's we'll see in the story. Since it's cinematic, I'm guessing the teams will be preselected. There's so many ways they can go about this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo

This is more of a fresh introduction of a conflict. Probably using default versions of marvel characters like disney infinity and contest of the champions. While Capcom can introduce characters beyond origins that will never complicate things like they did with Son-son in MVC2 that is not the original Son-son in that appeared in previous games with the same name. Even the likes of Amigo, Ruby Heart, Abyss, Cyber Akuma, Shadow lady, Shadow, Cyborg Nash and Shadow Jin.

Capcom could simply make the infinity Gems to be lost or transported in different reality because of an accident or a villains agenda? Thanos? Ultron? Or a desire by villain to merge to a different reality use its resource advantage.

Or the gems to be mistaken by Powerstone characters as a powerstone or a find treasure by a pirate character from Capcom side. Or someone used from Capcon side invented reality bending machine or found a reality altering stone?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    To continue from my previous post, while the older games didn't have a strong story, the teams actually made sense.

From X-Men Vs Street Fighter:
    Ryu/Cyclops
    Ken/Gambit
    Akuma/Wolverine
    Cammy/Rogue or Chun-Li/Rogue
    Dhalsim/Sabretooth (Never understood this team)
    Nash/Storm
    Zangief/Juggernaut
    Bison/Magneto

Outside of the one weird team-up, most of them made sense. I liked the emphasis in similarity (whether through personality or abilities) for the teams.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter was generally more loose on this concept compared to its predecessor. There were pairings you'd see where it could be Ryu/Cap or Ryu/Cyclops, Bison/Omega Red, Shuma Gorath/Dhalsim or Shuma Gorath/Dan, Zangief/Hulk, Blackheart/Akuma, Chun-Li/Spider-Man, and some other combinations. There was some consistency at times, but pretty random. MVC1 did away with this altogether.

When it comes to Infinite, I can already see an X/Iron Man team based on the trailer. We'll have a better feel for potential team-ups when more of the roster is revealed.

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,356
    Interestingly, the iconic frame of Ryu and Captain Marvel charging at each other is very similar to Ryu vs Nova in the UMvC3 intro. One early direction I can see them going is 3 characters from each side winding up with the Infinity Stones, with the Avengers taking it upon themselves to deal with the situation.
    To continue from my previous post, while the older games didn't have a strong story, the teams actually made sense.

From X-Men Vs Street Fighter:
    Ryu/Cyclops
    Ken/Gambit
    Akuma/Wolverine
    Cammy/Rogue or Chun-Li/Rogue
    Dhalsim/Sabretooth (Never understood this team)
    Nash/Storm
    Zangief/Juggernaut
    Bison/Magneto

Outside of the one weird team-up, most of them made sense. I liked the emphasis in similarity (whether through personality or abilities) for the teams.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter was generally more loose on this concept compared to its predecessor. There were pairings you'd see where it could be Ryu/Cap or Ryu/Cyclops, Bison/Omega Red, Shuma Gorath/Dhalsim or Shuma Gorath/Dan, Zangief/Hulk, Blackheart/Akuma, Chun-Li/Spider-Man, and some other combinations. There was some consistency at times, but pretty random. MVC1 did away with this altogether.

When it comes to Infinite, I can already see an X/Iron Man team based on the trailer. We'll have a better feel for potential team-ups when more of the roster is revealed.

I don't think those teams make sense at all.

Marvel vs. Capcom should be about the two universes against each other. It shouldn't be heroes vs. villains. That's fucking boring.
    Why not?

-Ryu is the face of SF, Cyclops is the leader of the X-Men
    -Ken is arrogant as fuck, Gambit is arrogant as fuck
    -Akuma loves to stay to himself and fight, Wolverine loves to do his own thing and slice people up. Both are also quite short tempered
    -Cammy is confused and trying to understand who she is, Rogue struggles with finding a way to live life as a mutant
    -Dhalsim is all about enlightenment, Sabretooth just wants to tear through people. Weird combination here.
    -Charlie is a soldier fighting against Bison and Shadaloo, Storm is a co-leader of the X-Men constantly fighting against Magneto
    -Zangief is a brute, Juggernaut is a brute
    -Bison wants to flood the world with Psycho Power, Magneto wants to create a world filled with mutants only

These teams make perfect sense given what their stories were based on back in the day.
    Why not?

-Ryu is the face of SF, Cyclops is the leader of the X-Men
    -Ken is arrogant as fuck, Gambit is arrogant as fuck
    -Akuma loves to stay to himself and fight, Wolverine loves to do his own thing and slice people up. Both are also quite short tempered
    -Cammy is confused and trying to understand who she is, Rogue struggles with finding a way to live life as a mutant
    -Dhalsim is all about enlightenment, Sabretooth just wants to tear through people. Weird combination here.
    -Charlie is a soldier fighting against Bison and Shadaloo, Storm is a co-leader of the X-Men constantly fighting against Magneto
    -Zangief is a brute, Juggernaut is a brute
    -Bison wants to flood the world with Psycho Power, Magneto wants to create a world filled with mutants only

These teams make perfect sense given what their stories were based on back in the day.

I mean the teams would make more sense if they were based on their own universes. Ryu teams up with Ken, Cammy teams up with Chun-Li, etc.
    Oh, okay. I think they just wanted a reason to make them team up since that was the first VS game.
    edited December 2016
    I rather see Marvel/Capcom team-ups personally. How characters from different universes interact can be a lot of fun. Who doesn't want to see Tony try to resist Morrigan?
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    Oh, okay. I think they just wanted a reason to make them team up since that was the first VS game.

Agree, The first crossover is trying to make a plot that is nice the second game has a plot but some teams have poor pairing maybe be because of the selection of casting from marvel decision? MvSF marvel side have weird casting. The third crossover MVC has definitive story from the previous it tries to innovate efforts ahead of the first and second crossover from new stages, new cast, new sprites, additional movesets and new ost. Mvc2 was kinda rushed down and felt a complilation.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Yeah, the plot early on was that various Marvel/Capcom characters were mysteriously disappearing. This is why they all decided to join together and find out. In Apocalypse's stage, you can see several different characters (Dan, Blanka, Psylocke, Forge, Beast, etc) trapped in containment glasses. The plot was the same in Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter. Only difference was Apocalypse unleashed Cyber Akuma on you.

With Infinite, if Sigma and Ultron really are a team, I could see them both trying to wreak havoc on both universes. A combination of Sigma's virus and Ultron's intellect would be a serious problem if written well.
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 379
    I hope it takes place in a universe where Marvel & Capcom coexist. I don't want some cliche universes combining shit.
    I hope it takes place in a universe where Marvel & Capcom coexist. I don't want some cliche universes combining shit.

Could be an interesting way to do it, though not sure if they'll do that due to X's stage. When I was a kid, I wanted to make VS series fanfics, but the SF universe and Marvel were already co-existing by default, but more out there things like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man could be explained away as alt-universe shenanigans, time travel, etc.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,769 mod
    People should stop using this thread to post character requests/wishlists.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 379
    Shockdingo wrote: »

Could be an interesting way to do it, though not sure if they'll do that due to X's stage. When I was a kid, I wanted to make VS series fanfics, but the SF universe and Marvel were already co-existing by default, but more out there things like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man could be explained away as alt-universe shenanigans, time travel, etc.

Darkstalkers isn't too out there, Marvel already has a supernatural side including vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein, etc... The Marvel Universe is also high tech enough for Dr Light to create Mega Man in the modern day. Joe would be a bit harder to explain, mutant or inhuman maybe?