• CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 351
    Maxman wrote: »
    How are they going to explain this universe's Spidey dyin'

He died in Spider-Verse QIhlE3l.png
    Rip sig.
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 752

You talking about the Superior Spidey arc? They don't have to explain that, just like they don't have to explain Nova dying. They're back now and that's all that matters.

My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,954
    Character deaths in comics mean as much as they do in Dragon Ball - authors can (and will) bring those who died back with no consequences, either via some bullshit excuse, a dumb plot twist, or just by starting a new arc/series

Worked for decades, won't stop working now
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Crimson Hadouken Joined: Posts: 1,497

Dude MVCi marvel side doesn't need to compromised to the current events from the one and the many different parallel universe of the comics. It can stay fresh like any new universe like the movie verse and the disney infinity toys.

In Final Fantasy Dissidia characters were invited by Cosmos and Chaos in there various well being and not a status based from the conclusion or their current fate of their original universe or game.

Thats how MVC2 is with Ruby Heart that gathering heroes from marvel and capcom to face the threat known as the abyss. SFxTekken used Ingrid for the relation towards the pandora. Even before the popular crossover-verse there are the likes of Pure from Capcom world that have a mission to save Capcom Kingdom.

There are many characters that can be a the Madam web of their individual Capcom universe within their game like Adult Anita or Jedah for VampireSavior and Tessa for Warzard/Red Earth. Capcom does not need to complicate things by using other Marvel characters. Capcom just need to be resourceful, creative to make great plot by using their own characters that deal with parallel, supernatural and reality.

Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Black Hayato - Bounty Hunter
    5.) Vile X8 with Bear Ride Armor - Bounty Hunter X recurring rival.
    6.) Solo - Bounty Hunter Strider's recurring rival.
    7.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- Returning and New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement)
    12.) Strider - cyber ninja
    13.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    14.) Arthur - in a Mecha from Cannon Spike version replacing his UMVC3 (Tokusatsu)
    15.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    16.) Leon - Resident Evil
    17.) Demon Hyo - Rival Schools (plot can be from the cause of using Soul Gem)
    18.) Gene - from God Hand.

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards
    5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar
    5.) Matthew Macoy - from Delta Red

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro
    4.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or capcom fighting jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    5.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like choi and chang in CVS2.

5 Underrated and Forgotten Concepts.
    1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    3.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,393

Darkstalkers isn't too out there, Marvel already has a supernatural side including vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein, etc... The Marvel Universe is also high tech enough for Dr Light to create Mega Man in the modern day. Joe would be a bit harder to explain, mutant or inhuman maybe?
    With Darkstalkers, I'm more talking about the Makai kingdom which is in a separate realm even in DS. Marvel's got supernatural stuff that's native to their world and stuff that invades, but I was thinking of sticking with the closed off realm.

With Mega Man, while Marvel has hitech stuff, the overall world still has modern elements that we see in our lives. The whole of Marvel hasn't suddenly adopted clean energy and started taking hovercars to work. Mega Man's aesthetic, with robots as an active part of everyday society and even the architecture being advanced just would feel right being in the near near future of a merged universe than what's already in the everyday Marvel and SF universes. Marvel still has everyday citizens using diesel cars and there are still slum neighborhoods. To me, it doesn't mesh as well with the clean future look of the Mega Man games, though if they wanted to make it fit, it wouldn't as difficult, though X would need to be from a further down timeline.

With Joe, he should be from a parallel world since all his cast mates look like him (the big heads, the unique shading style). Reworking him into something he's not, like a mutant or an inhuman is just unnecessary and messes with his identity.

With the original idea discussed, SF could easily be placed in a Marvel Universe setting without having to alter the game's identity. Timelines and the way certain things may be shifted around, but we wouldn't have to change the cast into mutants ,etc.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 88

He died in Spider-Verse QIhlE3l.png

I really wish it confirms retcon (just an AU) or saved by Akuma while still in KO state
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 23,983
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    I hope it takes place in a universe where Marvel & Capcom coexist. I don't want some cliche universes combining shit.

Could be an interesting way to do it, though not sure if they'll do that due to X's stage. When I was a kid, I wanted to make VS series fanfics, but the SF universe and Marvel were already co-existing by default, but more out there things like Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man could be explained away as alt-universe shenanigans, time travel, etc.

Darkstalkers isn't too out there, Marvel already has a supernatural side including vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein, etc... The Marvel Universe is also high tech enough for Dr Light to create Mega Man in the modern day. Joe would be a bit harder to explain, mutant or inhuman maybe?

Marvel has it's fourth wall breakers. Marvel got characters like Deadpool and She-Hulk who commonly do so. Joe can fit right in with them.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 582
    edited December 2016
    I hope it takes place in a universe where Marvel & Capcom coexist. I don't want some cliche universes combining shit.

Yeah, you're going to be disappointed. Since the first stage that has been revealed is the Highway from Mega Man X 1 combined with Asgard.
    KiyaaKing wrote: »

You talking about the Superior Spidey arc? They don't have to explain that, just like they don't have to explain Nova dying. They're back now and that's all that matters.

No, he's talking about Spider-Verse, where it was showed that the MvC Spidey was killed by the inherentors.

SpiderVerseMVC.jpg

Though MvC:I is a reboot, so it probably doesn't matter. It's a new continuity.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 88
    I hope so. Spidey is very important to appear, so as some X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, like Panther, Silver Surfer, & Galactus who are first appeared in F4, Wolverine & Sabretooth who are first appeared outside X-Men, X-Men's Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are also known members of Avengers since joining Captain America's team
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,764
    edited December 2016

No, he's talking about Spider-Verse, where it was showed that the MvC Spidey was killed by the inherentors.

SpiderVerseMVC.jpg

Let's see, Morlun gets a Perfect on Spidey in the first round but then in the second round he gets raging demon'd by Akuma or something.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Man, I hope Morlun and his stupid Widow's Peak family get shot into the sun so I never have to see them again.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

edited December 2016
    Man, I hope Morlun and his stupid Widow's Peak family get shot into the sun so I never have to see them again.

Doubt that could kill them. Besides, they're stuck elsewhere and we have not seen them since their defeat anyway.
    I hope so. Spidey is very important to appear, so as some X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, like Panther, Silver Surfer, & Galactus who are first appeared in F4, Wolverine & Sabretooth who are first appeared outside X-Men, X-Men's Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are also known members of Avengers since joining Captain America's team

Panther isn't an issue, he's not considered an F4 character. Just like Wolverine isn't considered a Hulk character.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes "Shall we dance?" Joined: Posts: 6,631
    I'd love it if Demitri and Spider Man make it in, if only to reference that comic
    #PutEagleInSFV

SpiderVerseMVC.jpg

You consider that being killed? Eh, most fighting games have KOs, so even a perfect wouldn't imply death to me.
    My Characters/Teams:

KiyaaKing wrote: »

SpiderVerseMVC.jpg

You consider that being killed? Eh, most fighting games have KOs, so even a perfect wouldn't imply death to me.

He was killed. The guy who killed him had killed many other Spider-Men before him.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Target confirmed! Joined: Posts: 5,304
    Morlun's first story in the "Coming Home" arc was pretty good.

Still thinking about the Spidey villains that could make it in. Makes me wonder if Vulture might be one of them. I say that because of the Homecoming movie. He'd probably play a bit similar to Ken the Eagle.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 157
    edited December 2016
    I hope the story mode and MvCI in general is everything everyone expected/wanted from SFV.

Because I'm tired of hearing the complaints, yes the launch was terrible but SFV as a whole currently is a pretty good game.

Say what you will but Missions and Cinematic Story Mode have been great additions. The ability to unlock colors via Fight Money instead of Survival which was also a huge complaint is another good change.

Content has released fairly regularly.

Basically I want MvCI to succeed and excel in every way, single player modes, online, competitive, content.

Lets hope Capcom actually learned from their mistakes. Hopefully a good story mode with a final boss battle will shut everyone up.

That said I'd be way more excited for pair play, online training rooms, expanded leaderboards (character/team specific leaderboards), bring back the Secret Shop to earn in game unlockables!

Morlun's first story in the "Coming Home" arc was pretty good.

Still thinking about the Spidey villains that could make it in. Makes me wonder if Vulture might be one of them. I say that because of the Homecoming movie. He'd probably play a bit similar to Ken the Eagle.

That's my issue. I loved Morlun's first few appearances, but to me SpiderVerse was just too much. I would have enjoyed the whole book if it was more of a swashbuckling adventure through all sorts of different spider verses rather than Morlun's family no-selling everything for the first chunk of the book. Also sad a few of my fave Spideys bought it. I just...could see so much potential in it, but it just circled the drain for me. What should have been fun was just "Oh look, the Spidey and Amazing Friends crew was killed off brutally and....not even in a funny way." I got more fun from the issue where Miles and the other Spider-men went to the world of 60s Spider-man.

edited December 2016
    The big problem with Morlun is that he introduced a mystical element to Spider-Man's mythos that was never there when Peter had been a science based hero for his entire publication history up to that point. Morlun's appearance lend credence to the spider totem being the real origin to Spidey's powers.
    I also wasn't a huge fan of what took place in Spider-Verse. Honestly, Morlun would've been better off just being gone after The Other storyline. Also wasn't a fan of the totem stuff brought up by Ezekiel and Morlun. I get that they were trying to introduce a new element, but it was a bit too much.

Everything involving the Spider Totem was pretty crappy. Arguably Anya Corazon is the best thing that spawned from it but many of her early stories were shit. She became ok once she became Spider-Girl.
    edited December 2016
    We will get mash-up stages in this game? My imagination is running wild.
    Here is an article about Story Mode from yahoo esports.

Source: https://esports.yahoo.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-emphasis-on-teamwork-goes-beyond-the-game-2-223959565.html

After the reveal, I met with two members of the Capcom team and two members of the Marvel Games team to learn more about the game. This didn’t feel like a typical Capcom appointment. The presence of Marvel Games told me they had been more involved in this venture than I would have guessed.

“It’s not called Marvel vs. Capcom 4. There’s a lot of meaning behind the Infinite part. Capcom can make great fighting games. What we’ve never been able to do is tell the story about why these worlds are coming together,” Marvel Games executive producer Mike Jones told Yahoo Esports.

Street Fighter V had a rough launch thanks to being catered towards the hardcore competitive scene. That not only turned away the casual players Capcom hoped would flock to a new entry, but it led to a game missing tons of features. It was so shaky, Street Fighter V was called the “worst fighting game launch in modern history,” by David “UltraDavid” Graham.

Arcade mode? Nope. Second player having the ability to control the menu to ready up for another versus match? Nope. While the game was great for competition and the Capcom Pro Tour, it didn’t perform as expected at retail, selling roughly 1.5 million copies and falling short of Capcom’s projected sales goals by about half a million.

Seeing both Capcom and Marvel at the table gave me hope for MVC:I because the two companies can focus on giving fans a complete product and hopefully keep each other in check. Capcom can worry about the fighting, while Marvel can guide the characters and storytelling.

“Story is a huge pillar for this game. We will be coming out with a fully-featured cinematic story mode,” Jones said.

Story isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think about fighting games. Even before FGC was formally esports, it’s always been about competition. The Mortal Kombat series set the precedent for modern storytelling in fighting games and, for better or worse, every other fighting game is held to a higher standard. Marvel understands that and wants to give purpose to MVC:I, which means creating a compelling story about why Capcom and Marvel characters are duking it out in the first place.

“Storytelling is at the core of everything Marvel does in comics, TV, film, and now games,” Bill Rosemann, creative director for Marvel Games, told Yahoo Esports. “That’s what we do. It’s not just characters colliding. There’s a reason for everything. You’ll notice in the backgrounds it looks like the worlds are merged. The question is who did this? These are questions and mysteries that will be answered as you play the game.”

Bolded the parts I thought were interesting.

That is really interesting. Not just for this, but for the future of Marvel games. I got excited when Spider-man PS4 was revealed due to how much they're putting stock into it as the launching pad for future marvel console projects, but this just is continuing that and I'm pleased. The fact that they're aware of their shortcomings and failures with SF5 is comforting. I still enjoy SF5, but I want the wrinkles ironed out for S2 and for MvCI I hope they don't even show up. There's so much potentially amazing things that they could do with this title, so here's hoping for the best!

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Crimson Hadouken Joined: Posts: 1,497
    So the story might be more on Marvel side? not Capcom? I just hope if they execute interactive cinematic cut scenes brilliantly not just doing it with random commands.
    Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Black Hayato - Bounty Hunter
    5.) Vile X8 with Bear Ride Armor - Bounty Hunter X recurring rival.
    6.) Solo - Bounty Hunter Strider's recurring rival.
    7.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- Returning and New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement)
    12.) Strider - cyber ninja
    13.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    14.) Arthur - in a Mecha from Cannon Spike version replacing his UMVC3 (Tokusatsu)
    15.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    16.) Leon - Resident Evil
    17.) Demon Hyo - Rival Schools (plot can be from the cause of using Soul Gem)
    18.) Gene - from God Hand.

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards
    5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar
    5.) Matthew Macoy - from Delta Red

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro
    4.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or capcom fighting jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    5.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like choi and chang in CVS2.

5 Underrated and Forgotten Concepts.
    1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    3.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
    Marvel has been producing company wide crossovers where the heroes fight each other over nonsensical issues since the first Civil War. Perfect for writing a fighting game.
    edited December 2016
    The big problem with Morlun is that he introduced a mystical element to Spider-Man's mythos that was never there when Peter had been a science based hero for his entire publication history up to that point. Morlun's appearance lend credence to the spider totem being the real origin to Spidey's powers.

That's not true, Peter has dealt with the mystical elements before and Spider-Verse was Sci-fi anyway.

A lot about Morlun and his family was more Science than mystic, so i'm not sure what your issue is.
    I would have enjoyed the whole book if it was more of a swashbuckling adventure through all sorts of different spider verses rather than Morlun's family no-selling everything for the first chunk of the book.

It would have been boring if there were no stakes. It's certainly better than having the villains be push overs. You also forget the Spiders eventually turned the tied.

If beating the Inherentors was easy, there would have been no point in having the Alternate Spider-Men and Spider-Women team up.

Also, seeing Sentai Spider-Man again was fucking awesome.

Plus people complain about most events being heroes vs heroes, well here you go, one that isn't and it was damn good.

Not to mention the story introduced several new cool Spider-Men.
    We will get mash-up stages in this game? My imagination is running wild.

Well, we already did see the Highway/Asgard stage.

Everything involving the Spider Totem was pretty crappy. Arguably Anya Corazon is the best thing that spawned from it but many of her early stories were shit. She became ok once she became Spider-Girl.

Anya had nothing to do with that, her powers weren't even similar to Peter's up until Spider-Island.

Her deal was about some feuding Spider and Wasps cults. Or again, used to be.
    That's not true, Peter has dealt with the mystical elements before and Spider-Verse was Sci-fi anyway.

A lot about Morlun and his family was more Science than mystic, so i'm not sure what your issue is.

I didn't mean that Peter hasn't deal with magical threats before. It's not something is has to deal with regularly nor core element to his character and stories.
    Anya had nothing to do with that, her powers weren't even similar to Peter's up until Spider-Island.

Her deal was about some feuding Spider and Wasps cults. Or again, used to be.

Anya's character was created from leftover ideas from JMS run on Spider-Man. The character's creator worked closely with JMS.
    Mike Jones bringing up the worlds merged intrigued me. When I looked at the trailers again it seems like the setting of Mega Man X has merged with Asgard. Running with this idea it would be fun to see the following

The Savage Land populated with Monster Hunter monsters.
    A AIM/Umbrella joint lab
    Murderworld being in movieland
    Xandar with elements of Neo St. Peterburg
    Phoenix Wright courthouse with Ronan the Accuser as judge with She-Hulk and Matt Murdock as lawyers (If both of them are playable replace She-Hulk with Two Gun Kid and Daredevil with Foggy)
    edited December 2016
    I WANT THAT COURTHOUSE STAGE ALREADY.

It would have been boring if there were no stakes. It's certainly better than having the villains be push overs. You also forget the Spiders eventually turned the tied.

If beating the Inherentors was easy, there would have been no point in having the Alternate Spider-Men and Spider-Women team up.

Also, seeing Sentai Spider-Man again was fucking awesome.

Plus people complain about most events being heroes vs heroes, well here you go, one that isn't and it was damn good.
    I agree no stakes are boring, but wanting stakes isn't the same as wanting a bloodbath. I wanted something fun, I found Spider-Island fun and creepy and entertaining and they weren't carting in corpses of heroes left and right. You enjoyed the story and that's good, but I personally didn't have fun with it. I gave it a few issues, but I didn't like it. And yes, I can agree that Sentai Supaidaman was amazing to see, but it sucked Leopardon got to do nothing.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,681

Shh...he'll hear you...too late

tumblr_nkza82vG2T1rs5gxyo1_500.gif
    Mike Jones bringing up the worlds merged intrigued me. When I looked at the trailers again it seems like the setting of Mega Man X has merged with Asgard. Running with this idea it would be fun to see the following

A AIM/Umbrella joint lab
    Phoenix Wright courthouse with Ronan the Accuser as judge with She-Hulk and Matt Murdock as lawyers (If both of them are playable replace She-Hulk with Two Gun Kid and Daredevil with Foggy)

This idea is too good. This better be real.
    My Characters/Teams:

edited December 2016

A AIM/Umbrella joint lab

Someone send this as a pitch this to Infinite's dev team plz ^.

Here's another idea: Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum (or at least parts of it) have ended up right the middle of Willamette Parkview Mall, with a bunch of mystical beings that Strange tries to keep at bay escaping and fighting zombies from the latter location in the background of the stage.

You could even have a few survivors from the Mall make an appearance as they hid in barricaded areas watching the fight from afar.
    Rip sig.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes "Shall we dance?" Joined: Posts: 6,631
    -Mephisto's Realm/Marvel Demons invading Nippon (Okami-verse)
    -Marvel Zombies in Willamette
    -The Intergalactic Fighting Tournament from Ryu's MvC3 ending, featuring Ken Masters vs somebody in the background
    #PutEagleInSFV
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel Joined: Posts: 21
    I am so hyped for X's vital role in the story. This is gonna be awesome.

Please Capcom, make the story mode similar to Street Fighter V or even better. The cut scenes story mode from SFV I love soooooo much.
    Seeing X and other Capcom plus Marvel characters in such high quality cut scenes would be awesome to watch.
    After seeing how Matt Murdock was able to get Wesker put away in Chris' MVC3 ending, I'm hoping to see a potential encounter between Daredevil and Wesker in Infinite.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,269
    Who would be the boss or bosses of MVCI

That can work, especially since Daredevil is a prosecutor these days.

I'd switch Two-Gun kid with Beetle/Janice Lincoln though.

edited January 2
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Who would be the boss or bosses of MVCI

Ultron, Sigma or some combination of both, along with Thanos.
    Rip sig.
    Thanos will probably be in the game, but he probably won't be a boss.
    edited January 9
    Enough underachieving. This isn't the 90s anymore. There should be multiple bosses instead of just one or two.

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,612 mod
    The problem is that bosses take away development resources from actual playable characters.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

I'm guessing the only unique boss is Sigtron.

In SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium, the mid-bosses were Bison/Geese. If you had an SNK character in the 1st slot, the final boss was Evil Ryu; if you had a Capcom character in the 1st slot, Orochi Iori was the final boss.

Here's what I predict: you'll fight Thanos at some point, who'll be wielding all of the Infinity Stones. Once you defeat him, you'll encounter Sigma/Ultron as a pair. After defeating them, they'll merge into Sigtron and have access to the Infinity Stones for the entire battle. This'll be the final boss.

I'm guessing the only unique boss is Sigtron.

In SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium, the mid-bosses were Bison/Geese. If you had an SNK character in the 1st slot, the final boss was Evil Ryu; if you had a Capcom character in the 1st slot, Orochi Iori was the final boss.

Here's what I predict: you'll fight Thanos at some point, who'll be wielding all of the Infinity Stones. Once you defeat him, you'll encounter Sigma/Ultron as a pair. After defeating them, they'll merge into Sigtron and have access to the Infinity Stones for the entire battle. This'll be the final boss.
    I'm fine with this if it means that we get all three as playable characters (especially Thanos, if he keeps his MSH "best divekick ever").

That said, if this is so, they should be playable in Versus from the start.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

As long as Thanos has his Bubble of doom, I'm good.

I agree. Most look down on the idea of unlockables, anyway. I don't dislike them, but I understand that tournaments makes it a chore.
    d3v wrote: »
    The problem is that bosses take away development resources from actual playable characters.

While I hate to point to NRS games as an example, they usually spend quite a lot of time on single player content that doesn't seem to detract from their roster development. Capcom always seems to do the most lazy and barebones content by comparison.

They could offer incentives to defeat bosses such as unlocking new stages, characters and costumes. They could add a time attack mode to see who can defeat them in the fastest time or let you take on other players in a boss vs. boss mode. There's lots of things they could do.

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

While I hate to point to NRS games as an example, they usually spend quite a lot of time on single player content that doesn't seem to detract from their roster development. Capcom always seems to do the most lazy and barebones content by comparison.

They could offer incentives to defeat bosses such as unlocking new stages, characters and costumes. They could add a time attack mode to see who can defeat them in the fastest time or let you take on other players in a boss vs. boss mode. There's lots of things they could do.

NRS also has a larger budget thanks to WB backing.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara