GD Calisthenics Crew, GTF in here!

Core SeriesCore Series My work is done here.Joined: Posts: 614
In this thread, I will give general fitness advice to any GD'ers who want my opinion.
This is a follow up to the conversations I've started in the Dating and Relationship Thread.
My commentary has been well received there, however I feel my posts don't quite fit the tone of that discussion.
I am certified by an internationally accredited institution. I have had massive success in my personal life as a personal trainer, martial artist and model.
Roughly 50% of my real-life client base are other personal trainers. The other 50% are a varied mix of competitors, models, fashionistas, and military/law enforcement personnel.
While I maintain a working relationship with many warriors and first-responders, I do not represent the official policies of any military or law enforcement agency.
I came very close to signing a sponsorship deal with a well-known (and global) supplement company, this year. This company is above Walmart-Tier.
The deal fell through because it would have made my personal endeavors very difficult to pursue. Nothing against anybody. I would have happily pushed it through if I weren't already so active.

I will never post my face here, so please don't ask.

Out of respect for the Weight Lifting & Nutrition Thread, I will only discuss body-weight movements and the practical applications thereof.
Calisthenics and 'Weighted Calisthenics' are my area of expertise. I swear by functionality. Aesthetics are just a bonus that come along with natural compound movements.
Yes, we work legs.

I want to be a source of ideas. I am also a student of life, like everybody else. I can learn and be humbled by others.

If you're a beginner, this straight-forward routine will put you on the map.

Comments

• Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 919
    How do you feel about r/bodyweightfitness ?
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878
    Calisthenics are dope
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,191
    I like this a lot.

Wish I had better access to a pull up bar, but it is damn cold outside round here right now.
    I have a deep respect for calisthenics because it takes a lot of core strength. I cant do any of that shit for the life of me and my goal is to be huge as fuck. But i still like the sthenix
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All them barstar dudes are cold as ice.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Okay ill start with a question

Whats the best practical calisthenix routine to burn fat but still maintain mass
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Lol yeah I thought nickcocks would have realized that question would be mostly diet dependent. Stay off them drugs nickybaby.
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • Core SeriesCore Series My work is done here. Joined: Posts: 614
    edited June 24
    This message has been deleted.
    Post edited by Core Series on
    edited June 24
    I know its diet dependent turdpalm, i was asking because in bodybuilding circles and everyone i talk to the consensus is HIIT kills gains so I was asking to see what the sthenix guys perspective on that is.

Do you even lift
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    u still need to do cardio either way fool. plus calisthenix look sw4g
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,082
    edited December 2016
    I have a park near by so no need to buy work out stuff, just say in I don't trust my door frames.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    Been slacking lately because of a wrist injury a few months ago, but plan on going back into it hardcore.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Yeah them shits are for short dudes and string bean ass frail niggas like razor and what's his name that does the kendo. That boy got like zero muscle mass lol.
    Mains:
    edited June 24
    edited June 24
  • kAbkAb Joined: Posts: 742
    Rock climber here, calisthenics is life. Gotta get that strength to wait ratio up and get my finger tendons stronger.

I've got a lot of the advanced techs in the bag, still working on some complicated movements on the gymnastic rings.
    edited June 24
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ive recently started training almost exclusively calisthenics. due to some injuries i have i cant bench...i can only deadlift and do some curls. but i recently devloped an interest in the bar competitions. they seem alot like bboying and tricking which i do both of. so a friend of mine has been helping me with some workouts to develop the strength to do muscle ups since alot of the basics come from there.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited June 24
    at the moment my workouts are

set 1: 10 push ups
    10 squats
    10 pull ups
    10 dips

set 2 10 typwriter push ups(one where you lean to one side and then push up as normal then drop to the other side. then theirs another variation where i stay low to the ground going side to side the whole time.

10 lunges
    10 squats

set 3: 10 pull ups, 10 typewriter pull ups, 10 vup pull ups

i may be mixing the order a lil bit but this is more or less what ive been working on. these are just my calistenthics specific stuff. i bboy about once a week, jiu jitsu a couple times a week, tricks/flips once or twice a week. then some sort of straight up lifting i try to do almost everynight mon-thur.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited June 24
    I'm digging your lifestyle, man. How much are you eating to keep your energy up?

its really random what im eating. the only consistent thing about my eating habits are probably my breakfast meals which generally are 3-4 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon. i work 2-6 but then head right to bjj for the most part i snack here and there. occasionally ill eat mcdonalds or sumtin before bjj and then maybe another snack by the time i get out. but by the time i actually go to the gym its about 10pm. my energy is pretty much fine..i live off of energy drinks cause i drive alot due to work.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited June 24
  • kAbkAb Joined: Posts: 742
    edited December 2016
    I'm digging your lifestyle, man. How much are you eating to keep your energy up?

Edit:
    This core routine looks murderous.

Yo that guy shredded and I like beer way too much to ever be that ripped, but imma say his form was poor in the levers and dragon flags
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,182
    Something something gotch bible

Calisthenics best method for fitness, and the best method of building endurance for pretty much any sort of combat sports.

It is time for my monthly break from heavy lifting to recharge and let my cns heal up.

People you can get a good 30 minute workout in if you really want to in your own bedroom
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,026
    edited December 2016
    dab00g wrote: »
    get a good 30 minute workout in your bedroom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • SmangSmang Joined: Posts: 15
    I'm really trying to get better at pull ups, I can max around 10 on the first set then following sets drop off as you might expect.

I don't follow a scrict schedule, but i try to not leave more than one day between workout, and i try to do sets at varying times of day. i also do other floor stuff plus a bit of cycling and nunchaku practice (great for warming up the arms and grip before chinning).

I've also started doing more than one session a day, but not killing myself to failure on each one.
    ie, 3 sets in the morning then 3 more mid day then another couple in the evening, 4-5 times a week instead of 10 sets in one go. I seem to have progressed much quicker like this over the last 3 months, but still failing around the 10th rep.

do you have any advice on improving my pull ups? routine/recovery/technique etc, or is it just a case of motivating myself and going ham on the bar each time? thanks in advance :)
    just practice. ive been doing pull ups since i was a kid just cause i wanted to. just practice every night or every other night and work to go 1 above what you did.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Smang wrote: »
    I'm really trying to get better at pull ups, I can max around 10 on the first set then following sets drop off as you might expect.

I don't follow a scrict schedule, but i try to not leave more than one day between workout, and i try to do sets at varying times of day. i also do other floor stuff plus a bit of cycling and nunchaku practice (great for warming up the arms and grip before chinning).

I've also started doing more than one session a day, but not killing myself to failure on each one.
    ie, 3 sets in the morning then 3 more mid day then another couple in the evening, 4-5 times a week instead of 10 sets in one go. I seem to have progressed much quicker like this over the last 3 months, but still failing around the 10th rep.

do you have any advice on improving my pull ups? routine/recovery/technique etc, or is it just a case of motivating myself and going ham on the bar each time? thanks in advance :)

I can only go off anecdotal experience, but around 10-12 range of reps there is basically a natural plateau that occurs. Same thing happened with my friends. When you first start you gradually go up because you're basically unlocking your "natural latent potential" i.e., the type of strength you'd normally have if you were always active. Once you reach that point it becomes much more difficult to surpass that range; for example, it took me 6-7 months before I could get past the 12 rep mark consistently even though I was progressing faster with alternate calisthenic exercises like pushups and chin ups.

How did I do it? Strengthening supporting or auxiliary muscles that basically take the effort off the primary muscles doing the work when you perform the pull up. So I did dips with my legs facing forward (L position), and behind-the-back pull ups (which I realized I could barely do initially), and those exercises really hit the often neglected trapezius muscles when doing regular pull ups and slowly but surely my reps increased.

Another thing you have to realize that after a certain point reps =/= strength but endurance. For example, you might be able to do 10 weighted pull ups and still not be able to do 20-25 pull ups unweighted. Meanwhile, a skinnier but fit fellow can churn out 30+ pull ups with perfect form simply because he's not only pulling up less bodyweight, but has better overall muscular endurance. It seems counter-intuitive but everyone responds differently to exercises depending on their genetics.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    On that note, here's a lifehack for those of us who train in the comfort of our homes.
    I invite you to try.

Put on a video of some extremely attractive woman doing Yoga, Pole Dancing or some solo girl action, maybe even lesbian action.
    Make sure there are NO DICKS. This is paramount. Next, resist the urge to masturbate. Instead, hit your calisthenics routine while you watch fine ladies do their thing.
    You can also use real life ladies for this purpose, but I find they get bored easily and they tend to start conversations. This kills my boner and my gains melt. I recommend videos.
    Here are some examples of what I mean:

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Back when I was exercising regularly, this was the method I used. I'd play bikini girl vids on the TV while I did push-ups, sit-ups and squats. Shit was awesome.

And you're so right about the no dicks thing. Watching a dick get worked will overload your willpower and make you end up fappping. Once you fap, your desire to work out will plummet.

Watching hot chicks is motivation to get your shit straight.

Nice strat.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,182

One of the best workouts using plyometrics and calisthenics
    edited June 24
  • SmangSmang Joined: Posts: 15
    edited December 2016
    thanks man, I guess i'll aim for death every session :)

much appreciated. though i guess i didn't really explain that on my last sets of the day i was pretty much going to failure, even if it just meant 1 or 2 reps.

I can only go off anecdotal experience, but around 10-12 range of reps there is basically a natural plateau that occurs.

yeah that seems to be the general consensus - i just want to bust through and be able to do 20 reps one day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file