Looking to start a local FGC. Any suggestions for locations that might be willing to host? Reno, NV

jigglypurinjigglypurin official pinkorb princessJoined: Posts: 25
There's pretty much no scene here for SFV or any other fighting game that isn't Smash, and I wanted to change that.
The one issue I'm having so far is finding somewhere in town to host it. I really just need tables, plugs, and a roof. Any suggestions on where to look?
hey im tia. open for fightstick commissions if you're interested. psn: jigglypurin

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,497 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Check the Regional Matchmaking section......................

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/pacific-north
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,823
    edited December 2016
    I dunno what's come over me but I think I'll try being helpful in a thread misposted here for once, must be the festive season.

Try the following,

- Churchs
    - Pubs
    - Village halls of nearby villages
    - Various community groups and associations often have rooms to let
    - College buildings

Make sure you know your budget, how much your charging as venue fee and how many regulars you can expect and stick to it, don't count students as reliable members when budgeting for venues as they will disappear in the college/university holidays and potentially disappear altogether when they finish their course.

Also you say you only need tables, chairs and a roof but how many setups are you running and how are you getting them there, you need either storage or somewhere for you and other members who are bringing the setups to park their cars.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • jigglypurinjigglypurin official pinkorb princess Joined: Posts: 25
    Thank you! Where should I post stuff like this for future reference?
    hey im tia. open for fightstick commissions if you're interested. psn: jigglypurin
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,823
    Either regional matchmaking or fighting game discussion.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,571
    Colleges themselves might be a starting point of a place to play for sure with chairs/tables/electricity they probably won't bill you on for using that day like say a comic book store or something would remember to do.

Ah Iduno also said college buildings above.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• go100spacelygo100spacely Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm also interested in establishing a fgc in Reno
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,497 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Read post #2..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske