Kara Raging Demon (if you discover shortcuts post them here)

VandylizerVandylizer AkumazingJoined: Posts: 71
edited December 2016 in Akuma
Hey guys,
How is everyone cancelling overhead into raging demon?
What are the exact inputs necessary to perform a kara demon (cancelling demon from a normal attack)?

I'm trying to do it like SF4 where I could double tap F+LP+MP twice into LK+HP, but it doesn't seem to be working.
For some reason it seems like I have to end with the stick in the up+forward direction and then it seems to work.

Also I've noticed you do the old SF4 raging demon anti-air by cancelling cr.MK (to low profile a jump-in attack) into Raging Demon.

EDIT: Thanks Kuwabara. It looks like I was letting my stick come to neutral without realizing it.

If anyone else learns of any shortcuts for buffering demon please share them here :sunglasses:
Post edited by Vandylizer on

Comments

• Kuwabara01Kuwabara01 Joined: Posts: 145
    edited December 2016

this
    PSN: SuperUntitled
    SFV: Ryu, Vega
    USF4: Hugo, Sagat
    MVC2: Venom, Omega Red
    SF2: Guile

• FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121
    Another easy input I saw nightmare2450 do was f.mp+lp xx back mp+lp xx forward piano press lk+hp.

• MourningIIstarMourningIIstar Joined: Posts: 36
    Ok this is more of a troubleshooting question since I didn't want to make an unnecessary thread.

Does a prior hit cause the demon to whiff?

I've missed a demon so many times this way where they are basically crouch blocking and I either hit them with a jab right before the demon or something else and the Demon completely whiffs. It's not the range because it also happens when I try within throw range. Please help.
  • WikumWikum Joined: Posts: 3,021
    edited December 2016
    how the fuck do you do the inescapable one from st.lk?

i'm having trouble with the demon in general in this game. why is it so much harder to use than sf4?
    Post edited by Wikum on
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    Yeah having some trouble adjusting to demon in this game too, I try to use V trigger as a reaction to a jump in and then demon as a deep anti air and a lot of times the opponent will end up behind me.. but hey its only day 3 right
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2016
    It takes some adjusting for sure. So far for me the easiest way to demon someone is really to just vtrigger when you see a fireball and do it.

There is also one that I like which is with j.lp that seem to work well in training with the dummy set to jumping after guard. I haven't pulled it off against people yet.

The kara input is definitly a bit harder than in SFIV tho.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 799
    edited December 2016
    I am having a lot of success with lk tatsu, reset with cr mp xx mk demon flip (or lk if they are in the corner), double tap jab to make palm whiff, forward, lk, hp as soon as you land

Edit:
    It also works as a semi option select because if they expect the demon and try to jump after being resetted, they get hit by the palm
    Los wrote: »
    I am having a lot of success with lk tatsu, reset with cr mp xx mk demon flip (or lk if they are in the corner), double tap jab to make palm whiff, forward, lk, hp as soon as you land

Edit:
    It also works as a semi option select because if they expect the demon and try to jump after being resetted, they get hit by the palm

Oh this one is dirty.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • IAmYagamiIAmYagami Garuda Joined: Posts: 271
    edited December 2016
    Valoon wrote: »

Edit:

Oh this one is dirty.

Yup. Doing it as well. 6+LP+MP (F+LP+MP) is a bit of a pickle on pad, so decided to not use that technique.

Dash > Shun Goku Satsu is extremely effective as well as the dash is so fast, there is almost no chance to react to it.

6(F), 6+LP (F+LP) (dashing), LP (while dashing), 5 (Neutral) (requires less physical aerobics than 4 (Back)), 6(F)+LK+HP

Post edited by IAmYagami on
    Huge fan of psychological warfare.

Atheist, Humanist, Extreme Pacifist. (Pacifism is opposition to war, militarism, or violence.)
    Also you can punish most vreversal on a blocked cr.hp (I need to try other buttons) by doing vtrigger activation > raging demon. Doable on reaction for most.

Like the Ken one I can't do it so far because it's so fast but for Laura for example I set up random block and either jab or vreversal after a block and I can confirm on hit and vtrigger > demon if I see the vreversal on block.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • VandylizerVandylizer Akumazing Joined: Posts: 71
    edited December 2016
    Just in case anyone missed this, a few days ago this was posted on Eventhubs.

It basically lets you do an instant raging demon by plinking PPP with MK and (which has two LP nested within the double PPP input) into F+LK+HP.

Basically gives Akuma the best anti-air in the game (even shutting down Nash's moonsaults) as long as they decide to press a button in the air.

I've also found that buffering a raging demon can blow up people using the jump-back / throw tech option select. I'll post a video soon demonstrating this in action, and then perhaps at a later date I can put up a tutorial in case anyone is interested.

Edit:

Update: if you reset with st mp (instead of cr mp) xx lk demon flip, only vega and cammy will be able to walk out of the setup
  • Rip_TornRip_Torn Joined: Posts: 3
    This isn't really about kara demon but more of a late cancel demon. You can cancel recovery frames of unsafe moves into demon.

• fr4ggefr4gge Joined: Posts: 16
    I like doing it of of a whiffed Sthk if they crouch for example
  • HappehLemonsHappehLemons chillin yo Joined: Posts: 32
    Vandylizer wrote: »
    Just in case anyone missed this, a few days ago this was posted on Eventhubs.

It basically lets you do an instant raging demon by plinking PPP with MK and (which has two LP nested within the double PPP input) into F+LK+HP.

Basically gives Akuma the best anti-air in the game (even shutting down Nash's moonsaults) as long as they decide to press a button in the air.

I've also found that buffering a raging demon can blow up people using the jump-back / throw tech option select. I'll post a video soon demonstrating this in action, and then perhaps at a later date I can put up a tutorial in case anyone is interested.

What would this input look like ? PPP + MK xx F+LK+HP ? I'm a little confused on that one
    It's a plink ppp+mk (the ppp is the one you need to have twice) and then you do forward and lk > hp either as fast as you can or you can just plink it too.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • 5XP5XP Joined: Posts: 3
    If you don't use macros, plinking LP+MP into MK works fine. It's easier and removes the chance of accidentally taunting when you plink MK.
  • HappehLemonsHappehLemons chillin yo Joined: Posts: 32
    edited December 2016
    Valoon wrote: »
    It's a plink ppp+mk (the ppp is the one you need to have twice) and then you do forward and lk > hp either as fast as you can or you can just plink it too.

I normally do F+MPLP xx LP xx F+HP+LK (Cancel the throw so I can do it up close) Is this a better method than that? I have trouble the second forward sometime so it would be nice to find a better method
    edited December 2016
    The one you're doing is the shortcut for the empty cancel on the overhead right?

That is not the same use as the one in the video. The one on the video is about the vskill canceling into demon. You cannot do the overhead one with this.

I think your command is the best one for kara canceling the overhead.

I do it like that : F+mplp > back + mplp (could just do lp as well but I find it easier) > f > plink lk+hp

I find that going back for the second part makes it easier for some reason but it's not needed.

You might have trouble because you don't want your second forward to be at the same time as your lk input, you want it before. In USFIV you could do it at the same time but here you can't for some reason.

[SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
    edited December 2016
    can anyone explain how to do dash > demon? i keep getting random people doing it to me so it can't be that hard.
    Post edited by Wikum on
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 794
    edited December 2016
    Definitely Demon related. After V trigger DP, whiff c MK, dash, Demon is meaty!
    Post edited by forest31 on
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    dirty meaty demon forest. And Wikum i'm catching my butt to get that dash demon down as well. This was posted above:

6(F), 6+LP (F+LP) (dashing), LP (while dashing), 5 (Neutral) (requires less physical aerobics than 4 (Back)), 6(F)+LK+HP
    "Foolish Worm"
  • 5XP5XP Joined: Posts: 3
    For dashing demons, you can plink LP into another button as you input the dash to get the two LPs, then input the rest as normal. If you plink LP+MP, the inputs look like this:

6, 6+LP, 5+MP, 6, LK, HP
    I just keep it simple and input all buttons except the HP during whatever I use to hide the Demon with, whether it be a dash, LK tatsu, or the V Trigger freeze. I can't take credit for the meaty Demon. Wrathmatics linked that in the Twitch chat and he might be pissed I shared it who knows lol.
    I Demoned someone in-between the hits of their medium, medium block string!
  • WilkenWilken Joined: Posts: 70
    From what i've tested so far HK is the only button that moves Akuma foward when you kara into his demon. You can do LP, LP, F+3K, HP to get it and you can hide the 2xLP inside your blockstring; such as doin doing c.MP (x2 LP), f+3K, HP.

Using 3K instead of LK also gives a few extra frames to complete the input it makes it not as bad when you mess up the input after a dash, for instance.
  • DBARCELONADBARCELONA Joined: Posts: 25
    edited January 4
    To recap for the slow learners like me, I was a bit confused by the use of plinking and 3p being a shortcut here and there which

1 vskill demon
    You're essentially buffering adding the lp input into the vskill input

[First u make sure to activate v trigger since that's probably my number one mistake I always make ]

simplest way to put it would be

Kick Vskill variation
    Lp Mp Mk > Lp k(any)> foward > Lk > Hp

Punch Vskill variation
    Lp Mp Mk > Lp > foward > Lk > Hp

Kick Vskill variation
    Lp Mp Hp Mk > Lp Mp Hp k(any or all)> foward > Lk > Hp

Punch Vskill variation
    Lp Mp Hp Mk > Lp Mp Hp > foward > Lk > Hp

2 blocked/whiffed normals into demon

Now buffering a demon off a blocked normal in USFIV for some reason it would count down forward as a forward input for the raging demon hence you could do things like the E.ryu f Lp Mk> f Lp Mk > df Lk> Hp and other stuff. This in SFV is no longer doable so the only input you can't really vary around with is the foward input and you can't foward into foward this makes you actually have to change directionals before the third demon input.

other than that u can get crazy with it like

v trigger f Lp Mp > f Lp Mp > 360 ( foward) > all punches and kicks X2

If you slow down the inputs and not plink lp and mp you actually have more wiggle room and can actually walk forward a little bit

blocked down forward mp > Lp > Lp > forward > Lk > Hp
    blocked down forward mp > down foward or any other direction Lp > ditto Lp > foward > all punches and kicks X2

3 Dash Demon
    This if anything is just practice the backdash seems to be slower so you can start practicing by doing with backdash and inputting two punches in dash animation once you get that and down try doing a back dash demon.

back > back Lp > Lp > forward > Lk> Hp

remember the no forward into foward rule for the dash demon

forward > forward Lp > Lp > neutral(or even a 360 that ends in forward) > all punches and kicks X2

overall just practice dashing and inputting two light punches

edited January 5
    dirty meaty demon forest. And Wikum i'm catching my butt to get that dash demon down as well. This was posted above:

Thanks for this. Got it in training earlier -

Finally consistently getting the overhead in matches too. I really should've played more Akuma in SF4 lol.

• worldwarrior45worldwarrior45 Add me for some games World-Warrior Joined: Posts: 34
    edited January 13
    Any shortcuts for instant demon or kara demon for pad? I use mad catz fightpad pro v2 and and hori fc
    Post edited by worldwarrior45 on
  • worldwarrior45worldwarrior45 Add me for some games World-Warrior Joined: Posts: 34
    Figured one out after messing around in training. I have r1 as 3xk and r2 as 3xp. I plink r2 with mk twice then f+plink r1 to r2. Instant demon. Doing it slower also lets u parry a fireball and punish with demon
  • RekkaRekkaRekkaRekkaRekkaRekka Joined: Posts: 19
    Ok tbh I've never played Akuma in any SF game but what's the point/effectiveness of a kara Raging Demon? Like why would I want to use it? If the opponent isn't pressing buttons or crouch blocking on wakeup could'nt they just jump over/neutral jump my Demon when the see me go for it?
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Guys do you know you can double tap lp and it counts as 2xlp? As using the index and middle finger slide off method.

Figuring out this has helped me leaps and bounds in doing dash demon because it is so much faster than tapping lp 2 times with the index.
    "Foolish Worm"
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,878
    Does this actually make Demon inescapable (aside from jumping)? It doesn't seem like Towards MP (Overhead) adds any additional range
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Ok tbh I've never played Akuma in any SF game but what's the point/effectiveness of a kara Raging Demon? Like why would I want to use it? If the opponent isn't pressing buttons or crouch blocking on wakeup could'nt they just jump over/neutral jump my Demon when the see me go for it?

They don't know if you're going for it or not. They see an overhead, try to block it (also preventing any backward movement because of proximity guard), and get hit by the demon.
    To add range you may want to use st hk. Like (on hit)cr mp, st mk, st hk (whiffs because usually they crouch block), demon
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 546
    It's 0 frames after the super flash if you're close enough, use kara demon to prevent yourself from putting them into block stun or hitstun from the inputs.
  • RekkaRekkaRekkaRekkaRekkaRekka Joined: Posts: 19

They don't know if you're going for it or not. They see an overhead, try to block it (also preventing any backward movement because of proximity guard), and get hit by the demon.
    To add range you may want to use st hk. Like (on hit)cr mp, st mk, st hk (whiffs because usually they crouch block), demon

Can't they just jump when they see me activate my CA?
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 546

Can't they just jump when they see me activate my CA?

Not if you're close enough.
  • jsfinisjsfinis Joined: Posts: 55
    edited February 1
    Using ST.HK to kara gives the most range, I reckon? Anyone found a move/normal with longer range?

I know F.MP's range is laughably-short, and Skill -> Punch is ok.

*EDIT: Actually, while ST.HK kara has the "theoretical" longest range, you still have to cancel early to stop the ST.HK hitting a standing opponent. Skill -> Punch actually has longer range in practice because its slower startup allows you to cancel later in the move before it hits, giving you longer range.
    Post edited by jsfinis on

Here's a demon vid for pad players
  • umehadoumehado Joined: Posts: 27
    any good dash up raging demon tips for hori fightpad users? can only seem do it 1 or 2 times out of 10. can hide the light punch behind the dash but cant seem to get the rest out in time