The Street Fighter V Lounge: Kolin is COLD HEARTEEEEEEEEED!

Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter VJoined: Posts: 5,174 mod
edited February 14 in Street Fighter V
Post edited by Pertho on
The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP

Comments

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,004
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • yung_beezyyung_beezy Joined: Posts: 156
    yung_beezy wrote: »
    guys

when can i press my 3f against laura

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,469
    edited December 2016
    guys

-After you block her lp elbow
    -on wake up if she is in range to do her ex command grab
    - whenever she isnt mashing st lk
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 7,961
    yo I'm on like a 24 streak in ranked lmfao
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,622
    edited December 2016
    AceKombat wrote: »

It's not doom and gloom. If the opponent blocks the cr.mp you can still one hit-confirm with b.mp -> HP as normal and the HP will still hit (less pushback with cr.mp on block). If you see the cr.mp hit then you just hit the target combo early.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    guys

when she's fullscreen
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 799
    The thread's name should include Mika and Birdie as well. Just in case.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,334
    edited December 2016
    P A G E O N E B O Y S
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,555
    Want to try out S2 online for the first time but it's hard to not watch football when it's on because there is so little left of it.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,004
    edited December 2016

It's not doom and gloom. If the opponent blocks the cr.mp you can still one hit-confirm with b.mp -> HP as normal and the HP will still hit (less pushback with cr.mp on block). If you see the cr.mp hit then you just hit the target combo early.

I didn't really meant it in a "Ken is done" way. If he was able to confirm Low Strong already, he should be able to TC good enough just fine. Pushback on block wouldn't be much either (as you said).

It's just Chris T being Chris T... like usual. I forget that being in SRK meant that I have to use trash talk (I lack it without use of a Kappa).
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,501
    edited December 2016
    So your main just got nerfed. Need a top tier who's fast, easy to play, and all-around good in all aspects of the game? Not about this whole working hard business and wanna work smart instead?

Its time to choose a better class of character. Its time to choose hope instead of fear. Its time to choose...

Cammy White

tumblr_nq38vtWY8Q1qmwicro2_400.gif

This message approved and paid for by the Delta Red organization.

is this a old one or did she got the breast wiggle back?
    but...but no invincible dp´s....
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,622
    edited December 2016

I didn't really meant it in a "Ken is done" way. If he was able to confirm Low Strong already, he should be able to TC good enough just fine. Pushback on block wouldn't be much either.

It's just Chris T being Chris T... like usual. I forget that being in SRK meant that I have to use trash talk (I lack it without use of a Kappa).

I meant that more towards Chris T, I also tweeted him about it (though he probably won't see it) :rofl:

But yeah, either way just wanted to clarify for others who see that. The one-hit confirm doesn't really change here since if they block the cr.mp even a delayed b.mp -> HP will connect, and if the cr.mp hits you just go into target combo immediately after anyway.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,757
    Akuma is ridiculously fun. Has Ryu's J.Lk, cross up Tatsu, command dive kick, air Fireball. Dude's like Magneto coming at you.
    Oh, and the vortex is a very real thing!
    akuma is life!

Gettin' my derp on.
  • Relldaproblem1Relldaproblem1 Joined: Posts: 51
    Froztey wrote: »
    yo I'm on like a 24 streak in ranked lmfao

You out here bodying cats.

Rell Shyt
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 1,876
    For real tho the christmas stage has excellent music
    SFV: Zangief
    Xrd: Potemkin
    pensacola fgc
    cfn same as username
  • YorKeYYorKeY On that count of three, everybody run back to your fantasy! Joined: Posts: 6,230
    #PAGEONENIGGAS

#FRONTPAGEKIDS

#TRENDINGTOPICONTWITTER
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone
    MvC Infinite: ????
    Currently playing:

edited December 2016
    Windalfr wrote: »
    @Gabri3l_WHOA i have a lot of thoughts on new Alex, too much to write down at the moment since I'm at work.

tl:dr version though is :
    yes he's still viable.
    yes, he's gotten worse.
    should you pick laura instead if you want to play to win with this archetype? yes.
    do you hate the ugly skank and rather stick to Alex? that's fine too.
    Alex has to work harder.
    peeps are underestimating the true impact behind a lot of his changes. sad.

You played Rog too right? What are your opinions so far, I'm seeing nothing but gigantic positives his way. Both universal and character specific changes. He's a complete monster in this version.

That av is gdlk.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,111
    edited December 2016
    guys

She's mostly -2 on a ton of her stuff apart from her light and medium normals. If you get command grabbed its not a bad idea to back dash ( right at the last second) on the follow up KD. There's a small window when you can see her use either a meaty or a dash/command up.

Lp bolt the elbow is the main one you want to challenge.
  • WikumWikum Joined: Posts: 3,018
    The game definitely feels more footsie orientated. Almost gonna say it feels more like SF4. I have been finding myself whiff punishing stuff much easier than before.
    edited December 2016
    About

l3pq7qyfs35y.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5jq3ws/a_very_bold_guess_for_the_second_silhouette/

I've thought about this more and it actually seems plausible. We know Capcom are at least interested in doing crossovers again with MvCI. We know Capcom like to "test the waters" before they jump into potential projects at times (CvS3?). We know they're not averse to guest characters to/from rival franchises. And though the quote could well have just been a sloppy translation, we heard that the 5 remaining characters being brand new to the Street Fighter universe may have been a very, very indirect hint that we would be seeing characters from other universes.

• Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    mowr wrote: »
    About

l3pq7qyfs35y.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5jq3ws/a_very_bold_guess_for_the_second_silhouette/

I've thought about this more and it actually seems plausible. We know Capcom are at least interested in doing crossovers again with MvCI. We know Capcom like to "test the waters" before they jump into potential projects at times (CvS3?). We know they're not averse to guest characters to/from rival franchises. And though the quote could well have just been a sloppy translation, we heard that the 5 remaining characters being brand new to the Street Fighter universe may have been a very, very indirect hint that we would be seeing characters from other universes.

Other universes?

#striderforsfv
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,469
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,955
    edited December 2016
    RandomBS wrote: »
    I don't think capcom gets the concept of seasons. The leaderboards should have been wiped

Then again the online is trash and you don't get shit for being high up on the boards.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    edited December 2016
    That's because Laura is one step away from being legitimately crazy. Only reason she's not totally busted is because she still has to play mid range before she gets to be her broken self.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,450
    @Jerom Do you still play Gief? I need help figuring out the Gief vs. Laura match up. The last time you bodied my Alex it helped me against Gief.
  • ProfProf Fresh Joined: Posts: 2,029
    It's weird being able to do so much more with him, now.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,111
    Watching replays Juris DP still whiffing in combos. How could they not notice that?
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,450
    So your main just got nerfed. Need a top tier who's fast, easy to play, and all-around good in all aspects of the game? Not about this whole working hard business and wanna work smart instead?

Its time to choose a better class of character. Its time to choose hope instead of fear. Its time to choose...

Cammy White

tumblr_nq38vtWY8Q1qmwicro2_400.gif

This message approved and paid for by the Delta Red organization.

As a Bonita's Witness, I disagree. Have you read the Tome of the Thunder Lady?
  • DeathReaper48DeathReaper48 Joined: Posts: 254
    rog is god. he was always good and very underestimated.
    now he mostly got nothing but explosive buffs.

still loses to laura tho. even more so now probably.

dont worry, we all lose to Laura regardless of character choice
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,716
    edited December 2016
    rog is god. he was always good and very underestimated.
    now he mostly got nothing but explosive buffs.

still loses to laura tho. even more so now probably.

The most slept on characters of season 1 was Balrog and Laura to me
    I don't see how it would be Iori lol. If it were true, KOF fans would be in a huge disappointment in how they will change him. Rekkas would only be accessed in V-Trigger and drains per rekka, his TACO would have one of the hugest hurtbox in the game, his St.Roundhouse (or 5D in KOF terms) would be like -5 and 15 frames of start-up.

The only thing that would stay the same is his Sweep or 2D... since it's notoriously punishable.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,163
    Who wants some Laura MU experience?
    I think the lack of Laura's season 1 got you guys overestimating her
    I'll be home in 1 hour if anyone wants to
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 795
    @Jerom Do you still play Gief? I need help figuring out the Gief vs. Laura match up. The last time you bodied my Alex it helped me against Gief.

I do but iv been trying to find a new character lately. Been enjoying Balrog alot.
    Gief beat Laura in season 1 but she was still annoying to fight. And now shes even better yuck. I dont have any real matchup advice but i can play you sometime if you want
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,716
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    Who wants some Laura MU experience?
    I think the lack of Laura's season 1 got you guys overestimating her
    I'll be home in 1 hour if anyone wants to

Save me a spot, I'm gonna be home around the same time
This discussion has been closed.