Tips regarding a certain motion?

brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 157
edited December 2016 in Newbie Saikyo Dojo
When doing a combo transitioning from forward punch into quarter circle forward punch is frustrating me to no end.

I'll want to do forward Punch into QCF Punch but what I get is forward Punch into DP.

Man sometimes I'll get it but 80% of the times its a DP.

I can do fireballs as part of other combos just not when its preceded by forward punch and once again forward punch into DP is NOT what I want to do, haha.

Anyways thanks for you time.

Comments

• brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 157
    Welp I figured it out I think.

I was transitioning poorly, trying to do the combo too fast I guess? Gotta tap forward punch then briefly release the stick to neutral instead of going from forward punch directly into QFC.

Me noob, been in training room for a few hours trying to get that one part.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,405
    You can do it as fast as you want to.
    You have to press forward+punch then instead of going QCF you go HCF.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 157
    Thank you, yeah I think I got it now.

• Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,002
    You're probably getting a DP because you're hitting the punch button before you input the forward motion. So your punch input corresponds with a down+forward input instead of a forward input.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 249
    You're probably getting a DP because you're hitting the punch button before you input the forward motion. So your punch input corresponds with a down+forward input instead of a forward input.

Agreed, Always turn on the key data when you have issues like this. I was having problems doing Sims yoga flame and realized I was hitting the punch on the down or down back input instead of on back or slightly after the back. From there I was able to speed up the HCB input and delay the punch a bit and I can hit it fairly consistently now. Just takes practice and knowing where to look for your mistakes.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy