▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    no pope francis why are you such a bully

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,814
    Josh you savage. At least make it 2017 not 20177, lol.

Happy new beers, 2016 can suck it.

May your hadoukens always be fresh and your links crispy.
    edited January 1
    This is it everybody.

This is the year of the 'maidens. God help me if it isn't.

I'm so fucking close.

• MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214
    edited January 1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mvci/comments/5le778/happy_new_leaks/

Fing Fang Foom plz be real

Leon, Ada, Wesker, Venom, Fing Fang Foom, X, Sigma. This roster will work for me ;)

Sadly it's fake though... sniffles
    Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
    edited January 1
    Fake.

You can tell it's fake because, as with every fan list, it fails to take into account Capcom's "rule of bodytypes" for Marvel games which is that it needs to have giants (Hulk, Nemesis, Juggernaut), midgets (Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, Rocket Raccoon) and weirdos (Shuma-Gorath, MODOK, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne). Keep note of this every time one of these "leaks" pop up.

And just as an aside... I really hate Fin Fang Foom.. it's like some deviantartist's macro fursona.

• Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How would they make Fin Fang Foom work? Isn't he like 50 feet tall?
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    Apparently like the giants in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. But that list was already confirmed fake by an insider.

• bipolarexxpressbipolarexxpress Joined: Posts: 41
    edited January 6
    So are there still any SFV meetups going on? Ended up fucking my leg and not being able to drive for a few months, but want to get back to playing offline again. Want to start hosting IGAU 2 nights once it's out, but definitely up for hosting some street fighter as well. (Big main level, can probably have half a dozen setups fit comfortably)

I remember someone mentioning a group chat a while back, is that the better way to set things up or is that a ghost town as well?

you did it josh. reboot the thread haha!
    next fighting game i'm looking forward to is also injustice 2 - i'll give tekken 7 a shot as well.

been playing MK Shaolin Monks with Jellybean ... NR should do another beat 'em up, this game is like two player god of war with RPG elements and fatalities lol. pretty sick!
    edited January 6
    So are there still any SFV meetups going on? Ended up fucking my leg and not being able to drive for a few months, but want to get back to playing offline again. Want to start hosting IGAU 2 nights once it's out, but definitely up for hosting some street fighter as well. (Big main level, can probably have half a dozen setups fit comfortably)

I remember someone mentioning a group chat a while back, is that the better way to set things up or is that a ghost town as well?

You're alive! PM me your number (I thought I had it but maybe not), and I'll get you into the whatsapp chat. It's far from dead (though highly off-topic so you'll want to mute it so you're not getting notifications)

I am beyond excited for I2 and playing offline with you guys again. I hope you don't mind being second best in the city ;). Gonna make it to Evo this year?

I'm hoping Tekken comes out within the next month so I can screw around with it for a couple months before I2 is out.

The offline scene for SFV in Calgary is fairly non-existent though. But meetups happen sometimes.

Once the game gets a release date I'll put together a Calgary thread, Facebook group etc for I2 and hopefully we can get something going at Dickens for it. (cus ain't nobody gonna find this troll thread)

I'm half expecting release dates for Tekken and I2 to happen on the 24th during the Evo announcements...
    edited January 6
    (cus ain't nobody gonna find this troll thread)

they would if the creator changed the name to read as "Calgary" and "2017"

Edit: Thanks PJ!
    Post edited by derryk on
    edited January 6

Speaking of... Later than I thought :(. Only 2 months to practice before Evo! Must have been moved back from their usual window so as not to compete with the Switch.

Edit: lol thanks PJ
    I really want Hugo in MVCI

Just imagine his moves Marvelized.

Full-screen invincible anti-air grab super, yes please.

edited January 8
    PR Balrog somehow got a glitch while playing online that reverted his Balrog to Season 1 Balrog.

That is extraordinary. Kudos to you Capcom for making the most quality fighting game.

• bipolarexxpressbipolarexxpress Joined: Posts: 41

You're alive! PM me your number (I thought I had it but maybe not), and I'll get you into the whatsapp chat. It's far from dead (though highly off-topic so you'll want to mute it so you're not getting notifications)

I am beyond excited for I2 and playing offline with you guys again. I hope you don't mind being second best in the city ;). Gonna make it to Evo this year?

I'm hoping Tekken comes out within the next month so I can screw around with it for a couple months before I2 is out.

The offline scene for SFV in Calgary is fairly non-existent though. But meetups happen sometimes.

Once the game gets a release date I'll put together a Calgary thread, Facebook group etc for I2 and hopefully we can get something going at Dickens for it. (cus ain't nobody gonna find this troll thread)

I'm half expecting release dates for Tekken and I2 to happen on the 24th during the Evo announcements...

Haha yea, just don't really enjoy MKX. Oh for sure, I've just been waiting for I2. I should be able to get out this year. I'll send my number over!
    edited January 10
    Captain Cold is mine, btdubs.

Will you play Injustice 2 if it has Giganta, Josh ;)?
    edited January 10

Will you play Injustice 2 if it has Giganta, Josh ;)?

200_s.gif

edited January 10
    If it has her, and her character model somehow doesn't look homelier than a chimpanzee's ass, then... maybe.

That's all you'll get out of me. Just keep in mind I've never been a big DC or MK guy...
    Post edited by PSYCH0J0SH on

• JimmypotatoJimmypotato Joined: Posts: 922

Whatever group you guys start hit me up, I'll be looking for some offline games again.

Had to disappear for awhile and work and be a new father again!! May seems like a good time to crawl out of the shadows and play again :)

Anyone been keeping up with KI? Still love that game.
    edited January 11

Nope, it's trash. Lost all interest after the constant stupid decisions they've been making. As did most.

Not sure if Ricky's still interested since he doesn't post here very much anymore.

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Nope, it's trash. Lost all interest after the constant stupid decisions they've been making. As did most.

Not sure if Ricky's still interested since he doesn't post here very much anymore.

Doesn't seem like anyone is really playing anything these days. SFV die off as well?
    edited January 11

Doesn't seem like anyone is really playing anything these days. SFV die off as well?

As far as I can tell it never really got off the ground here. I certainly don't play it. Derryk isn't interested, neither is Dave T - he went "fuck that" once he saw how much it cost to get the game with all the characters ($100). Even Ricky doesn't touch it. The only ones who seem to still play it are Amin and Zak. Seems all the big name popular games got fucked over.

So yeah I've just been focusing on making my game.

Jozhear is a local beast.
    he has meetups at his bar every wednesday i think? but only a couple people go.

he's also got a stream and has been highlighted on r/streetfighter a few times
    edited January 11
    We need to build a scene for anime games. Arcana Heart 4 is finally coming out. Koihime Enbu and Nitroplus Blasterz are on Steam right now. It's a golden age!

Aw YEAH Arcana Heart's director is following ya boy's game on twitter what uuupppp

• InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629

yeah ki is cool, been working on my ki.infil.net guide for the last while and they have 3 new characters coming out
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    edited January 12
    That's pretty cool, Josh. I would play the girl with the jelly monster pillow. But the first thing I thought when I read the story was...what are you guys thinking... pretty sure Arcana Heart and "western sensibilities" are an oxymoron.

SFV pretty dead, Jimmy. Especially online since the netcode is unplayably bad.

I've been playing a ton of MKX lately online. After FFXV and SFV I have decided to not force myself to play games I dislike anymore lol.

I2 is when things get real tho. Hopefully you find a better character than Green Arrow this time ;)

(Also, I'm not KI's biggest fan but I'm up for online games whenever)
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275

I really like ki too but havent played much recently. Andrew and i have played online a few times and its always a good time. Im up for games whenever
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    That's pretty cool, Josh. I would play the girl with the jelly monster pillow. But the first thing I thought when I read the story was...what are you guys thinking... pretty sure Arcana Heart and "western sensibilities" are an oxymoron.

SFV pretty dead, Jimmy. Especially online since the netcode is unplayably bad.

I've been playing a ton of MKX lately online. After FFXV and SFV I have decided to not force myself to play games I dislike anymore lol.

I2 is when things get real tho. Hopefully you find a better character than Green Arrow this time ;)

(Also, I'm not KI's biggest fan but I'm up for online games whenever)

I plan to use Supergirl, unless Poison Ivy is in and is good. Supergirl better be busted as all hell lol. Can't wait to have some offline meet ups again like the old injustice days.

I haven't played much MKX since the last update,

I hear you on FFXV, I played for about 20 hours and haven't touched it in awhile, little pissed I spent 80 bucks on it when it was just onsale 2 weeks later on the Online store.

We should plan a get together for that first weekend after I2 drops, week one is always super fun lol.
    edited January 12
    I'll give it a look if Giganta is in the game, and maybe I'll have Killa Gorilla or whatever his name is as my side character.

Do you think NRS would ever make Goku a DLC character?

Do you think NRS would ever make Goku a DLC character?

who knows with them lol, but I doubt it for I2, seems like spawn is a possibility
    Speaking of Supergirl, that show was actually pretty dope. I marathon'd the first season.
    edited January 12
    I doubt we'll ever see animu with them. They like guests that are "awesome" and "extreme"! Spawn is guaranteed at this point.

Boon was trolling about Marvel characters a lot on twitter. I thought Spider-man or Wolverine might end up showing up because of that but with MvCI now, I doubt it.

Apology accepted, Derryk. Season 2 is much better though.

Supergirl looks ridiculous in I2. I don't think there's any way a character with her tools could be bad.

I really have no idea who I'll play. Gorilla Grodd looks awesome (flying psychic monkey zoner/grappler hybrid? Plz), but Cap Cold is one of my favourite characters ever... but I bet he'll be pretty technical. Darkseid will probably be pretty rad. I like Spawn but I don't see him fitting my playstyle.

Need to see more grapplers, because I doubt Bane is returning.
    derryk wrote: »
    Speaking of Supergirl, that show was actually pretty dope. I marathon'd the first season.

Yah I watched it too, lol. Thats why I must main supergirl, as she is now my girlfriend.
    edited January 13
    I watched some Injustice 2 stuff today.

I dunno, it... it just doesn't appeal to me. I need games with nice music, colorful graphics and pretty ladies. This one's just trying to be as grimdark as possible. It's a hard sell for me.

Tell you what, you buy me the game on Steam, I'll gladly play it with you.

edited January 13
    The Supergirl breakdown is the only recent look at the game. The rest of the footage is like 8 months old.

Game is way more colourful and bright in the most recent build. Still might not appeal to you though. But I think there will be a relatively large number of female characters.

But the Switch stream starts in under an hour! Come on reveals...
    edited January 13
    Ahhh god damn it that presentation was amazing.

I love all of it. Splatoon 2 Food Trucks Edition. Super Mario The Hedgehog 2006. Mario Kart: Super Mario and Nintendo All-Stars Racing.

No news on Smash Switch though. Boo

Also Capcom announced Ultra... Street Fighter 2? Whaaaaaaat?

6496484eba0cdd80d4cc654bc4b9219c.jpg?v=237600

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/01/12/ultra-street-fighter-ii-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Hopefully it's better than HDR.

Xenoblade and sprite based Square RPG mmm
    Super Bomberman R

edited January 13
    OMG THANKYOU

Bomberman for Smash now!? I would never betray Smash again if I had Bomberman.
    edited January 13
    Would be nice but I'm not hopeful.

Then again maybe the reason they didn't talk about Smash Switch was because they're going to have substantially more content... although if there's going to be a Konami rep, personally I'd rather have Goemon or Sparkster.
    Post edited by PSYCH0J0SH on

I like the idea of Switch, I hope it does well,
    edited January 13
    if USF2 is exclusive i'm gonna be mad
    PC / PS4 plz

who the fuck is gonna make a nintendo switch arcade stick lol
    also, HDR was sick andrew. it's no ST arcade, but it does the trick if you wanna play some old school in a pinch.

one more thing. is USF2 gonna be TURBO or is it just going to be super street fighter 2 with EK / ER added in?
    .... because pre-turbo old school was fucking sloooooow
    edited January 13
    Hori is making a stick for the Switch. Ain't no one gonna buy that though.

USF2 has throw techs. RIP Blanka. Bottom tier confirmed.

Nintendo stocks bombed after that reveal. At launch it's basically a 500 dollar Zelda machine.

The actual important news is INJUSTICE 2 STORY MODE REVEAL ON THE 17TH. Which means a bunch of character reveals mmmm (and a look at the rest of the updated faces on character models lol)

SF5 selling that badly, Capcom?

edited January 14
    Darkseid confirmed as the pre-order bonus for I2, like Goro was for MKX. Was hoping they wouldn't do that again but I guess it worked well before. Lousy WB.

Wonder how his Omega beams will work? Homing or will they be controlled like a game of Snake ;).
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

SF5 selling that badly, Capcom?

I should be happy about this but:

-They're using the fugly HDR graphics

-They've actually slowed down the game

-They got rid of the HDR changes but are making some balance changes of their own which I'm sure will be awful.

-It's a Switch exclusive
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    edited January 14
    You forgot about the fact they replaced all the sound with SF4 sound bytes.

We already know the new balance changes are awful because SF4 style throw techs now ;).

You can replace the fugly HDR graphics at least... and maybe that means the sound too.
    Seems they're just trying to cash in on nostalgia for the SNES version