Calgary Thread 2017

Comments

• Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,781
    Except there's never been a Snes version of ST.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,764
    I don't think they're basing it on ST. It seems to be based on SSF2
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

They have supers and are using HDR sprites and have the ST portraits. Pretty sure it's ST.

They're just alluding to Snes because that's what most people remember.

• InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,608
    i'd be really surprised if it was a switch exclusive, my bet is it comes out on everything

but yeah the game looks very slow and i really hope you can turn off the sf4 sound bytes. the new announcer is terrible too :(
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
  • MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,170
    edited January 17

Also, The Injustice 2 roster got leaked by someone who works on the mobile game. It is as follows:

1. Joker
    2. Bane
    3. Poison Ivy
    4. Swamp Thing
    5. Black Canary
    6. Catwoman
    7. Cyborg
    8. Hal Jordan
    9. John Stewart
    10. Cheetah
    11. Firestorm
    12. Flash
    13. Scarecrow
    14. Green Arrow
    15. Captain Cold
    16. Brainiac
    17. Damian Wayne
    18. Black Adam
    19. Doctor Fate
    20. Power Girl
    21. Zoom
    22. Mr. Freeze

Some of these characters are "unlocked" by getting gear for other characters (John, Freeze, Power Girl, etc). And Darkseid as pre-order bonus. Plus already announced Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Grodd, Atrocitus, Deadshot, Harley, Supergirl, Wonderwoman and Blue Beetle. Decent launch roster.

I really, really wasn't expecting Bane to come back. I'm pretty sad. He's my fave grappler design in all FGs, but I wanted an excuse to learn a new character..

No Giganta at launch, Josh... sniff :(.

How you gonna choose, now Jimmy!? And Bipolar gets his main back.

Bane,Captain Cold, Black Canary, Zoom, Brainiac, Grodd... how will I pick a main!?

(This leak is like 99% real because it was revealed a month ago on some no where thread for 4 other people, by a guy who allegedly is working on the mobile version. He predicted all the characters announced today, including the fact that Brainiac is the main villain)
    Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,799
    edited January 17
    swamp thing's & mr. sub zero are mine
    dark seid too since i mained doomsday in the last title.

WB must have a serious fear of PC games ever since they flopped that batman game a few years back. too bad.
  • bipolarexxpressbipolarexxpress Joined: Posts: 27
    Oh God. Bane is back. The dream is real
    Also, Brainiac looks awesome. I'm gonna give him a fair look but let's be honest, need more venom.
    edited January 17
    It'll come to PC eventually. I assume that's why they fixed MKXL on PC.

I'll find someone other than Bane... can't have two people maining the same lol

But Captain Cooooooold
    edited January 17
    Season pass is 9(!) DLC characters... and special edition comes with the Zoom, Power Girl, John Stewart skins

(Further proving the month old leak true)
    Well basically if there are big grappler types I'll be checking all of them out. But of course I'll be defaulting to Bane if no one catches my interest. Oh man, that's gonna be amazing if that's true. A seriously good/large roster. If the online is MKX level then there is some massive potential.
  • YouninYounin Joined: Posts: 6
    Can't wait for I2! I've been playing I1 for the last few months
    I've been wanting to brush up on my Bane but it's impossible to find a playable game online with the PS4 version.

If you're on PS4 let's have some games! PSN: Misguided_Angel
    No Giganta... eh whatever. Giganta can't hold a candle to my girls anyways...

I am raising money to pay my cat's vet bills. Please help out and spread the link. https://www.gofundme.com/mowglithecat

edited January 18
    Maybe... there's at least 9 more characters we don't know about lol. I bet I can guess 6 of them though... Spawn, Hellboy, Sub-Zero, Booster Gold, Beast Boy and Starfire. That's how they're gonna make the cash-money. See how wrong I am in a year.

Edit: lets go for seven... Black Manta

We gonna go for the full 9 boyz. Mera and Plastic Man. If I get half right I win a Coke.
    I don't know any of those people.

Everyone knows Spawn, silly. He's the original 90's edgelord.
  • JimmypotatoJimmypotato Joined: Posts: 922
    I've been wanting to brush up on my Bane but it's impossible to find a playable game online with the PS4 version.

If you're on PS4 let's have some games! PSN: Misguided_Angel

I find games playing Backwards compate on Xbox One,

Bane can burn in hell
    edited January 18
    anyone notice they changed the release date form the 16th to the 19th? I really hope that was a mistake in the trailer, because I booked a few days going off the 16th as the date lol,

- Edit, never mind, was somehow watching the WBgamesUK trailer, they must be getting it on the 19th lol, phew
    edited January 18
    You almost broke my heart...

This game's roster is hella better than the last one. There's like 6 characters minimum I wanted, instead of... one. Captain Cold is my day 1 for sure though, so you only have to worry about 1 Bane, I guess lol

edited January 19
    Hey if anyone's looking for a PS4/PS3/PC stick, for the next couple hours you can get the new Razer Panthera for literally half-price, no shipping (129 canadian. I just picked one up hnnngh)

edited January 19
    I'm saving for a custom gigamaidens stick from b15sdm designs

edited January 19
    https://beta.injustice.com/

Grace me with your code if you don't want it lol
    We should do a local thing on a sunday... Online play for I1 on the Xbox one has goddamn brutal lag
    Younin wrote: »
    We should do a local thing on a sunday... Online play for I1 on the Xbox one has goddamn brutal lag

I had the opposite experience. Only played for a couple hours, but most matches weren't too bad. Still shit netcode for Injustice 1 though.
  • KahzoKahzo Joined: Posts: 1
    edited January 21
    Smash Logic presents the next regional gaming event in Calgary. Partnered with many groups within Calgary we're bringing lots of events to the table!

As usual, there's going to be a decent number of changes to our formula this time around. For those who have been around since the early Salt Flats events, it will be more similar to the first few events. For those who haven't, expect an awesome weekend filled with epic tournaments and lots of fun and games on the side.

You can Pre-Register at http://Smash.gg/SaltFlats

Killarney-Glengarry Community Association
    2828 - 28th Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T3E 2J3

Date:
    February 18 - 19
    10am start

===Main Events==

Super Smash Bros for WiiU Singles/Doubles
    Super Smash Bros Melee Singles/Doubles
    Project M Singles/Doubles
    Street Fighter V
    Blazblue Central Fiction
    Guilty Gear XRD
    Pokêmon Sun/Moon
    Pokken Tournament
    Mario Kart 8
    and of course, Mystery!

---Side Events---
    Side events are subject to change as per equipment and staff requirements
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    Smash 64
    Ultra Street fighter 4
    Tekken Tag tournament 2
    Call of Duty Black ops
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Capcom Vs Snk 2

Will there be more? Most likely! We're in discussion right now about what to add to this list, what we are capable of, and what people would like to see. Do you want your favourite game to be represented? Please let us know by posting about it, the more demand the more we are interested in making it happen. Smash 64? We've done it before. Guilty Gear? What are you standing up for? Dead or Alive? If you say so. OoT any% races? If you're sure...

Don't be afraid to suggest anything, we've run all sorts of events before, and are happy to try anything we think might work.

******Please remember to bring your own Controller, we cannot promise you that we will have any available for you******

We are open to side events if people would like to run them, however all options must be approved by us.

===Prices===
    Spectating is free

Venue fee is currently in discussion as the final venue is being decided currently, expect between $10-$20 no more.

Every event is $10 per player, (meaning $20 per team) with the exclusion of Pokemon and Mystery, those are both $5

all money collected for each event will go DIRECTLY to the pot for the top placing players.

===Location===
    The venue for this event is still being decided! We have a lot to choose from give us a little more time!

===Schedule===
    SCHEDULE IS VERY TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE****
    Current draft based on expectations, most of the games are guaranteed to be on the day they are placed on, but not necessarily the time they are placed on.

Here is an image version of the schedule: http://i.imgur.com/qnufMV3.png

THIS EVENT MAY HAVE PRE-REGISTRATION AS WELL AS DOOR ENTRY. WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

===THE RULES===
    Each game's rulesets will follow typical standards for that game as of current date. Any special exceptions will be made here.

-OUR RULES-

This is ALL AGES event, and therefore we will not tolerate offensive action, or substance abuse. Any person thought to be abusing this may be kicked out of the event at the discretion of the hosts. (Due to the nature of tournaments however, we advise parents and kids to understand that swearing is a very common reaction in situations of stress, and ask that you bear with this)

All Brackets are run as double elimination so you have two chances before you are out.

ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY - It is both necessary and very important to remain available for your matches. As we are running many events and a tight schedule we will require players to act accordingly. If your name is called for a match and you do not show within the allotted time period *10 mins* we may have to disqualify you, resulting in a forfeit of that round.

In order to remain true to the punctuality rule, please attempt to inform the bracket operators if you must leave for any reason, and we will try to accommodate (food, emergency etc) as best as we can. We will also be scheduling in a specific break period so that people aren't forced within the venue the entire duration of the event.

Please try to keep the venue clean and respect others, these are just common manners.

===Payout===
    Payouts are determined based on the number of entrants in each event. Typically following a scale of Top 3, or Top 8 if there are enough entrants.

===Stream Info===
    Main Stream:

More to be added potentially
    Post edited by Kahzo on

As soon as my new stick comes in the mail, I'm up for games (hopefully this week). Playing on pad is like learning to be left handed for me lol

Says the character reveal is a not yet seen character. So no one from the Tuesday trailer? Pleeease be Captain Cold.
    Enjoy the few months you have with the game because this is the year.

The year of the 'Maidens.

As soon as my new stick comes in the mail, I'm up for games (hopefully this week). Playing on pad is like learning to be left handed for me lol

Says the character reveal is a not yet seen character. So no one from the Tuesday trailer? Pleeease be Captain Cold.

will be nice to see a newer build of the game, still 4 months out so stuff will change. I'll be looking at walking speeds and what the new mechanics are.

Too many people focus on if a character is broken or balanced when the game is 4 months out. Thats why I can't stand TYM during these times. They will be worried about Frame data in a pre release build. Idiots.

Anyone else down to do a local 3 or 4 weeks from now? I need to request days off in advanced.
    edited January 22
    will be nice to see a newer build of the game, still 4 months out so stuff will change. I'll be looking at walking speeds and what the new mechanics are.

Too many people focus on if a character is broken or balanced when the game is 4 months out. Thats why I can't stand TYM during these times. They will be worried about Frame data in a pre release build. Idiots.

They definitely seem like the overall least intelligent community haha. The same people who said "Superman is too basic to be good" at launch, and that Tremor sucked. Ugh. We can only hope the game gets big enough that a new home-base can be formed. I think TYM scares off as many potential players as anything else
    edited January 22
    So at Genesis 4 after a really hype Smash 4 set between Komorikiri (Sonic) and Captain Zack (Bayonetta), they realized that they had the wrong launch ratio settings and had to replay the set.

The result:

https://oddshot.tv/shot/UzqLD2j-LD1PCYhq9M1sYhHV

Tekken 7 isn't out until June. A far cry from the "early 2016" they said. At least I save 80 dollars not buying it this way.
    early / mid are pretty much the same thing lol.
    I'M GONNA RAGE MY FUEL WITH SORROW
    or something
    edited January 23
    Accidentally resurrected old thread...

anywho..

2 weeks after I2. They must hate money. Casual fighting game fans may have picked it up in March. Ain't gonna pick it up then.

Also KI World Cup banned teabagging. Funny. And depressing. That's literally the only reason I play or watch KI.

Teabagging Dave is the best.
    KI just isn't letting up with the puritanical bullshit huh... glad people are ditching that game

Trump for KI DLC

http://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/girls-und-panzer-der-film/cineplex-odeon-sunridge-spectrum-cinemas?Date=1/26/2017

What the fuck? This is really happening?

They're showing a loli anime movie here of all places? In the center of Normalfagville where everyone only talks about Deadpool, Funko Pops and Big Bang Theory? What in the world are they thinking?

josh, there are a ton of weirdos out there.
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,608
    the ki controversy has nothing to do with the game itself, just a particular tournament organizer that banned teabagging at his event

most ki players agree it's a silly rule that makes no sense and can't be enforced
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    edited January 24
    derryk wrote: »
    josh, there are a ton of weirdos out there.

Like me.

My artist friend in Singapore (who does the art for GigaMaidens) is obsessed with Girls und Panzer. If he lived here I would gladly take him to see it.

Oh well, I'm not feeling too good these days anyways...

edited January 24

Damian pretty rad move set. And beta starts today wuuu
    edited January 24
    he's got a sword, you know what that means
    also is it just me or did the last injustice look better (graphically) ?
    for some reason it looks super unfinished or lower quality models being used. see: depth of field / shadows / blur... almost as if the rendering was turned wayyyyy down

and this is why PC is needed, lol.
    RE7 is out today, do i go buy it? help me out brehs
    edited January 24
    Is definitely just you.

The first Injustice is a hideous beast. Put anything side by side lol. Put on the stream from today and then put literally anything from the first game next to it.
    heck even MKX looks better to me andrew, idk.
    edited January 24
    Play the free beta and see for yourself, I guess.

All the streamers have beta keys... fuck you WB!

But saying this:

3018382-hq.jpg

looks better than this

harley.png?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400

Makes you look crazy lol. Though this trailer doesn't look as good as the Supergirl breakdown vid from a couple weeks ago. Could be old, I'unno. Looks better on the stream from today.

Like vergil but stiffly animated

edited January 24
    yah they definitely put more work into how the characters LOOK
    but, they appear.. fuzzy... not crisp.
    edited January 24
    I'm sure the PC version will rectify that one day. SFV character skin textures are suuper fuzzy on PS4 compared to PC. Wish current gen was more powerful :(.

Yeah NRS not gonna win any animation awards lol, but relatively speaking Damian moves smoother than past endeavors... he definitely looks like he could be top tier as fuck (that sword is gonna be redonk)

If anyone here gets a beta code before me I'll scream. And then offer blowjobs.

edit: Floe is loving the game on stream and I'm super jelly :(. They fixed Superman's face from those early builds haha