Calgary Thread 2017

Comments

• MisguidedAngelMisguidedAngel Greetings, mortal! Joined: Posts: 5,214

First 22 minutes of this is grand finals from Toryuken, Derryk. All have Harley except the first game.
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,815
    So I'm playing top tier? God dammit.
    It was either her or blue beetle. Ah well.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    tfw when harley lays a red-ass beatdown an entire army of superheroes, supervillains and immortals
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

edited May 23
    got around to watching that GF, andrew.
    found out some new tech I'm going to have to try out. thought the hyenas were garbage, but I see their usefulness now.

for the corner combo, it's usually cartwheel, fwd+1,3 | fwd+1,3 | 1,1 | play doctor
    looks like he tossed in maybe 1,1,2 then play doctor. i'm gonna have to experiment.

love the setups with bud & lou after a mid screen launch & jump 2, jump 2 haha.

also, i'm sure you've been getting some swag from the hell's satans. we grinded the boss battle yesterday and won it 3 times
    that swamp thing limited multiverse with marvel assists was awesome!!!
    Post edited by derryk on
    I didn't get a chance to check anything yet. Imma get some friends to join up so if some weird names apply accept them ;)!

How did the assists work? I really want to try that. Is it the stance button to call assist?
    in those special multiverse ones the command is usually a direction + stance, or simply a direction on the right analog. that'll be a pain for stick players haha. but there aren't many.

and yeah, i'll approve them. the more we have in the guild the more lewt we get
    What I don't get about Injustice is how there are intro quotes, clash quotes, but there are no victory quotes. You'd think since they were willing to record thousands of lines of flavor dialogue, they would've put those in the game at last.

Cus everyone bitched about how long outros took in all their other games.

So now they're like half a second long yet people still pause and restart match in tournament
    got a good handle on aquaman now.
    next i'm going to learn grodd. you still sticking with captain cold, andrew?
  • bipolarexxpressbipolarexxpress Joined: Posts: 41
    Grodd is super awkward lol. Basically shitty buttons but once you're in it's reset city.
    edited May 27
    Cold 5evr.

But I definitely need an alt lol. A lot of high level players starting to say he's not that good (duh). If you get cornered by Cold you definitely deserve what's coming. But he's a ton a fun. And he's not bad by any means... just has some real struggle match-ups.

I'll probably wait for DLC to play an alt. I definitely want to try out Sub-Zero (Sliding under high projectiles and trades with ice ball should be rofl) and hopefully Starfire is fun.

Oh yeah. I really wanna learn Scarecrow but I don't think he helps with my problem matchups

edit: uni posted in the calgary injustice facebook group that they have i2 on Thursday nights.

... I sure wish gear moves were made tourney viable :(. Cold's shoulder charge is so good haha
    Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
  • AwesomersaurAwesomersaur LAB Falken Joined: Posts: 2,117
    ricky are you at combo breaker? i think i saw you in the crowd for KI finals haha
    恐竜
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    yah i'm here, it's a really fun event and i wanted to go somewhere this year. i was sitting near the front for ki so i prob showed up on some of the camera shots
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    Found my alt. Wonder Woman is super fun.
    edited May 30
    So apparently the MvCI roster is confirmed to be super ultra omega disappointing and prepare yourself for how bad it is. Says it feels like SFV all over again.

28 character starting roster only. 10 characters left to reveal are returning from MvC3, 1 from MvC2 (basically confirmed to be Venom), and only 4 characters are brand new. Only 1 character left is female (so 3 out of 28?)

MvCI has less new characters than UMvC3 did, which was an update only 8 months in development, and they had to build assets from scratch where as MvCI reuses everything. Lol Capcom.
    edited May 31
    That escalated quickley... we know the roster now.

"Arthur
    Chris
    Chun-Li
    Dante
    Firebrand
    Jedah
    Monster Hunter
    Morrigan
    Nemesis
    Ryu
    Spencer
    Strider Hiryu
    X

Ant-Man
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    Gamora
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Nova
    Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
    Spider-Man
    Thanos
    Thor
    Ultron"

and Venom as DLC right after Sigma, so they can gouge for their most requested characters...Shittiest roster since PSAS. Only thing I'm hype for on here is Nemesis.
    Sounds fake to me.

Fucking horrible roster if it's true. I'll believe it when I see it.

Generic hunter instead of an actual monster from the games? Get fucking bent, Capcom.

edited May 31
    Started playing some Overwatch at the coaxing of a friend.

Without wishing to sound too ungrateful... this game bites.

It's so simple and easy that it's boring. It's watered-down TF2, a game that was already super casual, so to water a game like that down leaves you with basically nothing but water. The 9 characters of TF2 were divided into 20 or so odd characters in Overwatch, each only able to do one thing at a time, and have really rigid playstyles so they cannot be played in any other way (you can only play Roadhog as a tank, you can only play Bastion as defense, etc.) Not only does this cause hard counters to start cropping up, it's also restrictive and really shallow. They took every feature from TF2 and took away the parts that made them interesting, and you have to make up your own rules in order to make it fun and challenging in any way.

Overwatch is the Candy Crush of FPS games.

thanks josh, i hadn't played it yet on suspicions of it being as you said and you now have solidified my decision.

tekken 7 on friday!
    edited May 31
    Ryce hasn't been wrong yet about anything :(. So unless Capcom deliberately fed false info... (which, lolcapcom)

Find out soon at E3 anywho

Why is your avatar in jail, josh

And yeah, Overwatch is neat for what it is... if you just want to shut your brain off and pewpew some things. But honestly I'd rather CoD if that's what I'm after.

edit: Hey, Derryk! Harley gets guaranteed command grab after F13 on hit ;). Can't be avoided.

Alsoooo when you're fighting Jellybean's Atrocitus, use push block when his cat is out. It actually cuts the timer on his cat in half haha.

I will also be getting Tekken. P Hype!
    Post edited by MisguidedAngel on
    Overwatch is so bad. At least CoD lets you have more of one of the same character on the same team.

If someone on the team picks your main and your second main you're forced to pick someone else who you don't main. It's the stupidest shit.

TF2 was way better, if you wanted a team of 9 heavies, you could go for it, it didn't restrict you in any way.

Up for grinding some online tekken sometime, derryk?
    NVM patch day for Injustice 2!

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Injustice-2-June-Update/m-p/1538553

It's all "bug fixes", but the coolest change is the game now tells you if your opponent is on a wireless connection which is FUCKING GENIUS.

And Scarecrow has a wake up now... and Mister Freeze finally has a helmet ;)
    isn't the online for potato station busted? i tried doing ranked matches with no avail...
    but yeah, if you see me online feel free to send me an invite.
    edited June 5
    derryk wrote: »
    isn't the online for potato station busted? i tried doing ranked matches with no avail...
    but yeah, if you see me online feel free to send me an invite.

Tekken online apparently works for private lobbies.

Tournament mode works as well, or if you sit in the match list and wait that works too :(.

Everything else is rip. Makes me sad. Namco said it should be fixed soon...

Luckily I2 has the GOAT online.
    mike m and i made our first blog post, it's about famous bugs in fighting games

give it a read if you're so inclined: http://ki.infil.net/w01-bugs.html
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
    Shaq Fu 2 AND a new Bubsy are coming out. The Trump timeline is truly inconceivable

New Clayfighter canned but we gettin' Bubsy.

Truly there is no god.

Also Arcsys is doing a 3v3 Dragon Ball Z fighter with the Xrd engine. Genius.
    edited June 9
    I'd rather have a mediocre platformer like Bubsy than the diarrhea avalanche that was clayfighter

But yes, the resurgence of these franchises can only mean one thing: CLOWN 2000 is in effect.

Beware.

• bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Played so much overwatch.
    It's pretty much cancer trying to rank up.

On another note, I bought tekken 7.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    Overwatch is cancer period.

Also, rest in peace MVCI.

It's so beautiful it hurts.
    pretty good looking game

but i don't think it matters how bad mvci looks, it will be played a lot
    It's okay Ricky you can stop pretending Capcom is infallible now. Their doom is inevitable

the prodigal bboy returns! waddap sang. hope all is well with you, friend.
    who are you using in T7? I'm just being a cheap asshole with Eliza.
    Jesus christ, I don't even like DBZ and I think this looks amazing.

yeah it does look -really- cool.
    never was a huge fan of the arc fighting game titles all that much, but it seems they pulled out all the stops for this one.
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    derryk wrote: »
    the prodigal bboy returns! waddap sang. hope all is well with you, friend.
    who are you using in T7? I'm just being a cheap asshole with Eliza.

Sup bro.

In tekken I use king, law and ling xiaoyu. Sometimes dragnov and Bryan fury. I only played it for a few hours online and I was getting the beat down lol. The game feels good and looks good though for a tekken game as well as spectator friendly.

The hit stuns in the game feel very heavy and satisfying.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    edited June 12
    dbz looks cool, i'm interested in what other companies will do in response

i also hope it has good rollback netcode but nothing out of japan has had that yet, so i dunno