Am I the only one who remembers them mentioning beta testing for this game?

EyeOfThundera822EyeOfThundera822 I met Gootecks & Mike Ross and came off like a complete cringe-worthy fuccboi -EVO'15Joined: Posts: 229
I can't seem to find a mention of it in any article so far but IIRC during the announcement they mentioned beta testing is planned before the game's release.
PSN - EyeOfThundera822

Comments

• Mr-PhelpsMr-Phelps Arcade Junkie Joined: Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can't seem to find a mention of it in any article so far but IIRC during the announcement they mentioned beta testing is planned before the game's release.

This had been on my mind as well, seeing that it's slated for 2017. Tbh I'm surprised we haven't seen any demonstration matches like SF V had.
    With great power comes great responsibility

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Oh! Ecstasy! Joined: Posts: 5,759
    Yogaflame had said early testing was scheduled when he first said he heard about the game's existence.

Nothing official has been said on the matter.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 162
    My memory is a bit fuzzy for SFV how exactly did you get into the beta, was a preorder required?

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,415
    Capcpom...

Beta testing...

..and you guys expecting a functioning fighter...

..from Capcpom...

joker-mark-hamill-o.gif

Congrats! This is my first Joker .gif of 2017, and the first one I've busted out in a long while... Thanks, guys!
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,564
    brainfraud wrote: »
    My memory is a bit fuzzy for SFV how exactly did you get into the beta, was a preorder required?

You had to pre-order to get access to the beta. SFV had three betas and a couple of network tests inbetween.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr

You had to pre-order to get access to the beta. SFV had three betas and a couple of network tests inbetween.

And it still turned out the way it did.

Beta testing don't mean shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mr-PhelpsMr-Phelps Arcade Junkie Joined: Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 13

Actually, the first time I played the SFV beta was at a Six Flags event (July 2015). Shortly after were the online beta test.
    With great power comes great responsibility

IT'S SHOWTIME!!
  • eyekantspeleeyekantspele Joined: Posts: 45
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Knowing Capcom, the "beta test" is going to be the actual game release...

exactly what SFV was
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,984
    edited January 14
    d3v wrote: »
    This is Marvel, the game should never have a beta. Just release it, bugs and all.

You're going way off the deep end here. That's not something you want.

It's one thing to want a grimy game but it's another thing to want a game that doesn't even function. Do you really think shitty netcode and input lag/command interpreter issues are somehow going to make the game more hype?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,150 mod
    This is Marvel, the game should never have a beta. Just release it, bugs and all.

It's one thing to want a grimy game but it's another thing to want a game that doesn't even function. Do you really think shitty netcode and input lag/command interpreter issues are somehow going to make the game more hype?

Fuck it. The biggest thing that changed between SFV's beta test was the game's balance, not anything regarding the netcode. Remember when characters actually had powerful tools in SFV (Nash could take 80% off one V-Trigger combo, Cammy could just f.hk all day and win oki, etc.)? What I don't want is some '16er scrub complaining about strong stuff and ruining Marvel for the rest of us.

In any case, most of the back end issues are likely already figured out and fixed thanks to SFV.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

Oh to have such boundless hope in the eternal fuck up that is Capcpom...

..if only it was still the '90s, and we had CAPCOM making this game...
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,659

Fuck it. The biggest thing that changed between SFV's beta test was the game's balance, not anything regarding the netcode. Remember when characters actually had powerful tools in SFV (Nash could take 80% off one V-Trigger combo, Cammy could just f.hk all day and win oki, etc.)? What I don't want is some '16er scrub complaining about strong stuff and ruining Marvel for the rest of us.

In any case, most of the back end issues are likely already figured out and fixed thanks to SFV.

nqsdr5fovprdff0zuvv4.gif

i cry evry tim
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,333
    Screw balance and netcode testing. I want beta testing to put my hands on the game earlier.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther