Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

Comments

• coNcoN Joined: Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Played offline at a local console-cade. Didnt use E. Ryu but V. Kens walks speed is holy shit. Whiff punishing pokes are a fucking joke with his walk speed. Its broke. This is coming from a Chun player.

USF2 is garbage, HDR is dead, go to Fightcade for your fix.

But its okay if youre a casual i guess...
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    Anyone seen anyone use Akuma?
  • DRWDRW Joined: Posts: 439
    My question is ignored because nobody of you ever played arcade mode, am I right?
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    coN wrote: »
    USF2 is garbage

Is JWong a so called "casual"? Because he has been quoted liking the game.

Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,855
    USF2 is garbage

Doesn't mean anything, he hasn't criticized SFV either
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    USF2 is garbage

The fuck?...

A known figure in the FGC liking something doesnt magically make it good.

BIG CELEBRITY: "I like russian roulette, I think its a good game"

"Hey, if this 'celebrity' said it, then it must be a good game. Im gonna hold a tournament for it."
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Sponsored players saying they like a game means nothing if they make money spending time playing the game on streams and at tournaments.

You can bet your ass they will endorse a brand new product to get in on all the attention and awareness it will bring to their streams and sponsors. They're not gonna say "This game sucks. Don't watch this stream of me playing it and don't go support tournaments that all my fellow FGC member work so hard to run."

I'm always gonna be more surprised to hear a big name player or personality say they hate a game than I ever will hearing them say they like it. JWong is literally the type of dude who goes out there and gives almost every fighter a shot at some point just because it will bring awareness to himself from that fanbase.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• SwoltacularSwoltacular Joined: Posts: 16
    Slight change in topic; this isn't about whether or not this version of the game sucks...

Most of my fighting game experience started with SF4. I played quite a bit of it, but never another street fighter. Apart from watching old video tutorials on SF2, what would be the best way to transition to being better at this game? I picked my favorite (Ken) from SF4, and played a few games online this morning on the switch, won some, lost some. I want to improve; I know there are some changes since the old SF2 tutorial videos were released... so is there a comprehensive list somewhere of those changes? And also I've seen a few video tutorial series, are there any specific tutorials that someone on here could recommend for someone who has a moderate exposure to other games in the series?
    Get on Fightcade and play people. Fastest way youre going to learn, and most people there are willing to help out.
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    DRW wrote: »
    What happens when you play arcade mode wiht classic graphics? Do you see the classic ending sequences (Ryu leaving the award ceremony, Zangief dancing with Gorbachev etc.) or still the new ones?

HDR endings.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    Get on Fightcade and play people. Fastest way youre going to learn, and most people there are willing to help out.

Is there anything else you hate about the game? You just threw your hands up after Violent Ken's insane walkspeed.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited May 28
    Seems everything else I dislike has been covered in previous posts, repeating it would be redundant. Me being able to punish most whiffed pokes outside of jabs and shorts with V. Ken walk up/c.RH is point blank, retarded. I wont even start on his dash. And the people I played are decent players. They never played ST seriously like i used to, but they have a good grasp on the fundamentals.

Moreover, the guy asked about SF2 in general. What better way to get better than to play experienced players? If you know a better outlet for SF2, please, let us know.

Do you even play ST or any (lol) derivative? Are you any good?
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,417
    Not sure what's the bitching about, the game plays like SF2. Its fucking great & its portable. Man im pretty sure ill even have a better experience once brooks gets off their ass on a converter already.

Easily worth the $40+Switch.

My only complaint is Akuma. They need to remove his air fireball. The two new characters are pretty bad too.

rcaido wrote: »
    Not sure what's the bitching about, the game plays like SF2. Its fucking great & its portable. Man im pretty sure ill even have a better experience once brooks gets off their ass on a converter already.

My only complaint is Akuma. They need to remove his air fireball. The two new characters are pretty bad too.

Ironically I think dealing with the ST arc of Akuma's fireballs is easier than the shorter HDR arc.
  • Big OBig O Joined: Posts: 381
    Hopefully this game gets patches. I've noticed a few weird things like Zangief MK Knee Drop effectively being treated as a light attack in this game.

I've noticed you can't soften throws anymore since you can tech them, but does anyone know if you can throw tech SPD?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    Seems everything else I dislike has been covered in previous posts, repeating it would be redundant. Me being able to punish most whiffed pokes outside of jabs and shorts with V. Ken walk up/c.RH is point blank, retarded. I wont even start on his dash. And the people I played are decent players. They never played ST seriously like i used to, but they have a good grasp on the fundamentals.

Moreover, the guy asked about SF2 in general. What better way to get better than to play experienced players? If you know a better outlet for SF2, please, let us know.

Do you even play ST or any (lol) derivative? Are you any good?

I played HDR. There was a lot of bitching for that as well when it was new.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Ironically I think dealing with the ST arc of Akuma's fireballs is easier than the shorter HDR arc.

After 23 years of ST, people still don't know how the deal with Akuma's air fireball? Really???

Neutral jump that shit or walk under that shit (forward of course)
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 28
    V.Ken didn't need that crazy walk speed or crazy jump arc which seems to beat many special AA's.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

After 23 years of ST, people still don't know how the deal with Akuma's air fireball? Really???

Not all characters can do that IMO chars that are good against Akuma are Boxer, Sim, Chun Li and to an extent Deejay.
    But still Akuma can switch to bastard mode it's not really a balanced matchup.

The only nerf needed for Akuma was giving him a few frames of ground recovery on air fireball.

In USF2 V.Ken also seems to be a major counter Akuma character thanks to the Dash.
    edited May 28
    I played HDR.
    That statement alone explains alot.

Yeah people bitched about it. HDR was a game I had hope for, because the concept on paper was very good. The actual execution though was a different story. Couple that with the community not being 100% behind it and SF4 coming out a month later didn't help it. These 3 things going on is why it fell off after about a year in the tourney scene.

USF2 on the otherhand, it seems the creators didn't give a fuck and did whatever.

@Jion_Wansu
    Still trolling I see. Remember you used to jump on GGPO and say that bullshit, tell people to pick Gouki against you, and you'd get torn up each time? I remember. "Neutral jump to deal with it" my ass.
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 388
    Anybody knows if you are able to "un-select"a color set in color edit mode? It seems once I have "applied" a color set I am not able to remove it from the character select screen (color 11).
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,017
    I still think hdr is a decent game, not sure why so much hate,

you got classic mode which you can stick to, but you got to have it prearranged with your friends because most people will be playing remixed mode because that's the default on the search

I'd rather play hdr whilst chilling with family in the living room, ain't got time to go sit uncomfortably in front of a pc in another room
    edited May 29
    Cronopio wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Are all command throws like that? Are they really this clueless?

I got conformation tonight. Had a guy do nothing but try to tick throw me. Got ochio teched like 5 times in a row. The only thing I don't know now is if you can tech a throw out of the range of another throw (like teching gief spd outside of normal throw range).
    USF2 on the otherhand, it seems the creators didn't give a fuck and did whatever.

Dude join Monday Night Fights tomorrow http://arkadeum.challonge.com/mnf30. I totally agree with this btw^

Honestly you might be the only person to try to use Akuma against me seriously in ST and I only got you to do it once lol. I'd imagine most people don't have a lot of data on akuma because no one plays him.
    edited May 29
    I played HDR.
    That statement alone explains alot.

Yeah people bitched about it. HDR was a game I had hope for, because the concept on paper was very good. The actual execution though was a different story. Couple that with the community not being 100% behind it and SF4 coming out a month later didn't help it. These 3 things going on is why it fell off after about a year in the tourney scene.

@Jion_Wansu
    Still trolling I see. Remember you used to jump on GGPO and say that bullshit, tell people to pick Gouki against you, and you'd get torn up each time? I remember. "Neutral jump to deal with it" my ass.

@coN

Wrong. I destroy all Akumas on FightCade with non-Akuma characters.

@coN @studtrooper pick Akuma against me on FightCade...
    edited May 29
    This nigga serious?
    pick Akuma against me on FightCade...

Mmm hmm. Still spouting the same exact shit. You remind me of Daryl from Charlie Murphy's "I want more" story. A talent for getting his ass whooped, but still begs for more. Like when I was 7-0 with Gouki and i left and you were all "you didnt win cause the set wasnt finished". Shit was boring, winning with Gouki. I wouldve thought that gettting trains run on you with Gouki repeatedly wouldve taught you. Apparently not. Just like when you said you were a (LOL) "God" at MKII. That shit was weak.

So TLDR; not gonna play you. Playing as and beating with you Gouki is boring as fuck. Bad trolling is bad.

@studtrooper Serg is still doing those? Holy shit. I wonder if he still has the stream where I played Yito in GF with TechMonkey commentating.
    Tee-Fucking-Hee...
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,143

Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Are all command throws like that? Are they really this clueless?

I got conformation tonight. Had a guy do nothing but try to tick throw me. Got ochio teched like 5 times in a row. The only thing I don't know now is if you can tech a throw out of the range of another throw (like teching gief spd outside of normal throw range).

Are you sure you were not getting a regular throw sometimes instead of Oicho and got that teched instead? Or maybe both characters were in throw range and the other throw reversal was the one teched?

It's really really awful if you can truly tech a special throw like that... If that's the way they came up to remove loops that would speak volumes of any other changes in the game...
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Should be easy to verify using lite mode to eliminate any possible execution errors.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    edited May 29
    Are you sure you were not getting a regular throw sometimes instead of Oicho and got that teched instead?

I end my ochios at down back. Impossible to throw with honda from there without using ochio.
    @studtrooper Serg is still doing those? Holy shit. I wonder if he still has the stream where I played Yito in GF with TechMonkey commentating.

He started it back up last october and we've been going at it nearly every week since. Pretty fun!

Wrong. I destroy all Akumas on FightCade with non-Akuma characters.

@coN @studtrooper pick Akuma against me on FightCade...

You need to stop saying stuff like this. Anyone who has decent shoto skills instantly becomes a hell of a lot better when using akuma.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,575
    edited May 29
    has anyone posted this already?

they should had darken the lifebar and font color more to standout of the background.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters

I actually just tested this and special throws can't be throw teched. You were just teching the other guy's throw attempts. You can also tech normal throws even if they are outside your throw range. Anytime a special throw and a normal throw happened at the same time, the special throw always won.

What I did to test it was using the playback feature in training mode. I held back + HP in start menu, pressed start to start the recording, and then pressed start again to save the recording. This makes the CPU do back + HP as soon as you press start. Once you have the CPU set up you just do the special motion, then press start, switch the CPU from Stand to Recording, then hold the button for the throw and press start. Both happen at the same time and you get consistent results. To make sure both happen at the same time, I tried it with random normals at point blank (Zangief vs Zangief) and they always traded.
    Big O wrote: »
    I actually just tested this and special throws can't be throw teched. You were just teching the other guy's throw attempts. You can also tech normal throws even if they are outside your throw range. Anytime a special throw and a normal throw happened at the same time, the special throw always won..

Ahh. Cool. Thanks for the specific testing.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice video @Doopliss this really makes me wonder why who ever designed the new shotos decided to ditch the general 3 juggle rule for none supers.
    V.Ken reminds me of beta-HDR's Ken JOD's (Juggles of Death :lol: ) but doesn't look as bad as E.Ryu's juggles.
    This nigga serious?
    pick Akuma against me on FightCade...

Mmm hmm. Still spouting the same exact shit. You remind me of Daryl from Charlie Murphy's "I want more" story. A talent for getting his ass whooped, but still begs for more. Like when I was 7-0 with Gouki and i left and you were all "you didnt win cause the set wasnt finished". Shit was boring, winning with Gouki. I wouldve thought that gettting trains run on you with Gouki repeatedly wouldve taught you. Apparently not. Just like when you said you were a (LOL) "God" at MKII. That shit was weak.

So TLDR; not gonna play you. Playing as and beating with you Gouki is boring as fuck. Bad trolling is bad.

Set an MKII cab to free play at a local arcade with the EJB menu. Nice.

Regarding Violent Ken. Just saw a normal anti-air where the opponent doesn't fall to the ground get juggled by dashing in plus shoryuken
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

whoa there, it really depends on who you are playing against on fightcade.
    lots of peeps cry ragequit when a game drops in all honesty but that's the internet and technology for you.
    also, encountered some a**holes thinking they're special snowflakes but that's just my experience when i played ST in the last few months
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Doopliss wrote: »
    Here's the stuff I found for E.Ryu and V.Ken:

wow.
    those combos are pretty sweet but evil ryu and violent ken look broken AF lolol
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,256
    Yeah...not gonna spend any money tryna get this shit version of the game. If any of you are in Seattle and want to play ST, let me know though!

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,862
    Is there even a full changelog for this game?
    Like what exactly did they change for the other 16 characters?
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626

I actually just tested this and special throws can't be throw teched. You were just teching the other guy's throw attempts. You can also tech normal throws even if they are outside your throw range. Anytime a special throw and a normal throw happened at the same time, the special throw always won.

What I did to test it was using the playback feature in training mode. I held back + HP in start menu, pressed start to start the recording, and then pressed start again to save the recording. This makes the CPU do back + HP as soon as you press start. Once you have the CPU set up you just do the special motion, then press start, switch the CPU from Stand to Recording, then hold the button for the throw and press start. Both happen at the same time and you get consistent results. To make sure both happen at the same time, I tried it with random normals at point blank (Zangief vs Zangief) and they always traded.

So he did ochio after the normal throw attempt and that counts as a normal throw tech?

I'm assuming he did downback for the ochio so he didn't get a normal throw input at the same time.

So the situation would be opponent presses forward + hs - throw starts - ochio input at downback - throw is teched?
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
    Shari wrote: »

So he did ochio after the normal throw attempt and that counts as a normal throw tech?

I'm assuming he did downback for the ochio so he didn't get a normal throw input at the same time.

So the situation would be opponent presses forward + hs - throw starts - ochio input at downback - throw is teched?

You have to tech throws the same way you could in ST with any forward/back direction + Medium or Heavy P/K. If you negative edge or use LP to get the Oicho throw, you won't be able to tech any throws. Of course if both throws happen at the same time, Oicho wins.

You can tech throws with db + pressing MP/HP, so I would assume that is what he did to tech while attempting Oicho throw.
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    Makes sense if he did non negative edge ochio i guess.

I just assumed that since he said he did it from getting tick throw'd it would be a reversal ochio that he saw getting teched which makes the situation strange.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.