Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

Comments

• Big OBig O Joined: Posts: 381
    Shari wrote: »
    Makes sense if he did non negative edge ochio i guess.

I just assumed that since he said he did it from getting tick throw'd it would be a reversal ochio that he saw getting teched which makes the situation strange.

If he ever got a reversal message doing Oicho inputs (assuming he isn't mashing fast enough to HHS), it would be impossible to see a throw tech. Oicho would happen every time.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Cipher wrote: »
    Is there even a full changelog for this game?
    Like what exactly did they change for the other 16 characters?

Capcom didn't give us one of course. There are other changes that weren't on that youtube vid, like Honda's jump arc changing and Gief's greenhand is now a srk motion.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,136
    Yeah...not gonna spend any money tryna get this shit version of the game. If any of you are in Seattle and want to play ST, let me know though!

Did the MKII EJB menu code at Dorky's and set it on free play...
  • AHVB_AHVB_ Joined: Posts: 56
    Online play is much better and consistent when you have a wired LAN adapter.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    for what it's worth, USFII is the first legit fighting game for the switch. it's unfortunate that it's just not good enough.

this is a pretty good read btw:
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/25/15686474/ultra-street-fighter-2-review

fightsticks may or may not be on the horizon but i'll wait for Tekken to show up on the system and then maybe i'll be hyped for fighting games on the switch. lolol
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    AHVB_ wrote: »
    Online play is much better and consistent when you have a wired LAN adapter.

I have the lan adapter with a good connection and the only decent netplay I've experienced so far is against a buddy of mine 50 miles away.
  • CygnusZeroCygnusZero Joined: Posts: 233
    I am LEGIT loving this game. It's my very favorite version of SF2. Love how the gameplay feels. It's really perfect imo. Plus with the beautiful graphics, color editor, cool digital artbook, Ill be putting a lot of hours into this one. I cant even be bothered with any of these inferior modern games like SF5 or Injustice 2. All crap compared to SF2.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,461
    Man...........maaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gief is broken in this game.
    Shyt is so babyzone!!!!! I mean like.........OMG....................I picked Honda against Gief but i STILL LOST WTF WTF???!?!?!?!?!(?!)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

B A B Y Z O N E
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    rcaido wrote: »
    Not sure what's the bitching about, the game plays like SF2. Its fucking great & its portable. Man im pretty sure ill even have a better experience once brooks gets off their ass on a converter already.

Easily worth the $40+Switch.

My only complaint is Akuma. They need to remove his air fireball. The two new characters are pretty bad too.

A lot of them havent even played it. Just whine about it to justify not buying it. The rest that have played it seem to hate everything under the sun. The game is excellent.
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Man...........maaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gief is broken in this game.
    Shyt is so babyzone!!!!! I mean like.........OMG....................I picked Honda against Gief but i STILL LOST WTF WTF???!?!?!?!?!(?!)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

B A B Y Z O N E

I havent lost to him yet. Stop whining already. This board is whine whine whine whine whine.
    He was being sarcastic. Kind of a HDR in-joke.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,412
    The joke was that the guy saying gief is broken is the guy who used Akuma to win a tournament.

Man this thumbstick is fucking me up badly...Im going to cave soon & try to obtain a padhack...Brooks & Hori taking their sweet ass time.
  • Axel KellyAxel Kelly Joined: Posts: 1,481
    I've heard you can padhack one of those 8bitdo controllers, they only cost $30. I hacked a pro controller and you have to hit some pretty tiny solder points for the triggers, and it's $70.

The game is fun despite its problems, interesting to see if Capcom is willing to patch it in the future
    rcaido wrote: »
    The joke was that the guy saying gief is broken is the guy who used Akuma to win a tournament.

Man this thumbstick is fucking me up badly...Im going to cave soon & try to obtain a padhack...Brooks & Hori taking their sweet ass time.

Yeah my hand was cramping pretty bad after last weekend. Hate using pad. I'm just going to wait until Brook gets their shit together.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,256
    Axel Kelly wrote: »
    I've heard you can padhack one of those 8bitdo controllers, they only cost $30. I hacked a pro controller and you have to hit some pretty tiny solder points for the triggers, and it's $70.

The game is fun despite its problems, interesting to see if Capcom is willing to patch it in the future

Let me come over and test the game so I can legit hate on it.

• BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997

This is the correct answer, this game did everything it could to make me lose interest. I have a friend that bought it, but I don't even want to make an effort. They slowed it down, ruined throws and put in 2 edgelord characters and put in NO FULL CLASSIC MODE. Fouck outta here Capcom.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've got no problems with the game. It's no replacement for legit ST, but it's a great addition in the lineup, and better than sitting in an HDR lobby with no play or playing the same 3-4 people with laggy connections.

Via wired LAN adapter, the match quality seems to be improving every day. Possibly because there's a greater pool of players every day.

Do yourselves a favor, padhack a 8bitdo controller. Then get to work!

20170525_143646.md.jpg
    20170525_172130.md.jpg
    20170525_172138.md.jpg
    edited June 2

This is the correct answer, this game did everything it could to make me lose interest. I have a friend that bought it, but I don't even want to make an effort. They slowed it down, ruined throws and put in 2 edgelord characters and put in NO FULL CLASSIC MODE. Fouck outta here Capcom.
    Blind hate is dumb. So many people are just repeating the same false info that was reported in articles months ago. If you gave it a try you would notice immediately the speed isn't slower, and it's way too early to say throw techs ruined throws. Go play the game before speaking, fuck outta here with that ignorance. ST is basically dead right now, like it or not. Unless you're gonna put the effort in to run legacy tournaments and get people to show up, this is the best we get for now.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any YT channels for matches?
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997

Blind hate is dumb. So many people are just repeating the same false info that was reported in articles months ago. If you gave it a try you would notice immediately the speed isn't slower, and it's way too early to say throw techs ruined throws. Go play the game before speaking, fuck outta here with that ignorance. ST is basically dead right now, like it or not. Unless you're gonna put the effort in to run legacy tournaments and get people to show up, this is the best we get for now.

ST had 117 entrants at Combo Breaker, I'd call that far from dead. Anybody that calls ST dead is really not involved in the scene in the slightest. It's actually having quite a renaissance right now. And yes, I have been helping to put on tournaments for ST on arcade hardware over the last year. Wednesday Night Fights in both Toronto and SoCal have solid regular turnouts, and Chicago has an active and growing ST scene. Throwtech completely changes the way some characters play and being able to tech out of mash throws negate their purpose entirely. Oh and people had it available to play at Combo Breakers and it is certainly slower. Supposedly it's Turbo 1 x 1.35. This isn't blind hate this is an honest dislike for the game. Sure it can exist as a separate entity from ST, but it's very underwhelming.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,461
    edited June 2
    Depends on your perspective i guess.

As something that gets played by people online and offline...ST isn't dead.
    As something that would $ get $ mainstream $ attention $ and official tourneys $
    and 360 MLG €$port noscopes $ etc etc...ST dead as fugg!

Also wanna take a moment to give @rcaido some praise. I know already USF2 isn't my kind of game even tho i'm sure
    i could get into it just fine if i wanted to (would have to buy a Switch first too doe).
    Point is that you...out of any people i've seen on the internet...You are the TRUE SF2 fan. Instead of arguing which version
    of which game is better and so on and so on...You sit there...ALL ALONE...SOLE REALIZER...THAT YOU ARE INDEED PLAYING SF2 and that you are having fun.

It's admirable, truly.

edit :
    Also...
    GIEF IS BROKEN :cry: :cry: :cry: MY HONDA LOST !!!! SHIT IS BABYZONE
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    edited June 3

ST had 117 entrants at Combo Breaker, I'd call that far from dead. Anybody that calls ST dead is really not involved in the scene in the slightest. It's actually having quite a renaissance right now. And yes, I have been helping to put on tournaments for ST on arcade hardware over the last year. Wednesday Night Fights in both Toronto and SoCal have solid regular turnouts, and Chicago has an active and growing ST scene. Throwtech completely changes the way some characters play and being able to tech out of mash throws negate their purpose entirely. Oh and people had it available to play at Combo Breakers and it is certainly slower. Supposedly it's Turbo 1 x 1.35. This isn't blind hate this is an honest dislike for the game. Sure it can exist as a separate entity from ST, but it's very underwhelming.

See you don't gotta be so negative about it, saying you aren't even gonna make an effort to play it and already hate it is just whack. Sorry for coming at you like that. Maybe this release will get people interested in the game and they'll start playing arcade ST. HDR brought in a ton of people, many who are now top players in ST.

To what was said about rcaido above, I totally agree. I used to be one of those haters when HDR came out, and I remember clashing with rcaido a few times on it. But he's totally right, the fact that Capcom is giving us anything at all involving SF2 is a miracle. It will never replace ST, because nothing ever will. It's over 20 years old now, it has carved out a solid legacy (and future) for itself. But anything to spark more interest in SF2 is a good thing, you know?

As for the speed issue, I just don't think it's a valid reason to dislike the game. Arcade ST had so many speed inconsistencies, I can't imagine someone thinking that every stage running at a different speed, or fixed speeds differing from free select speeds is good for the game. It's something I learned to love about ST, but it really isn't something worth preserving outside an arcade perfect port.
    fyi, dhalsim anti-air super juggle no longer a guaranteed 3-hit and guaranteed ftw. I made the mistake of jumping in on a dhal and got super'ed, and only first two hits connected. Second hit bounced me out far enough for the traditional third hit (and would've been my death in this match) to not connect.

There are some refinements to the gameplay. Those asking for change logs are probably those who read the cliff notes in high school and wondered why they got shitty grades. Get in the game and start learning...and documenting! Shit, take it back to SF2. Day one release, nobody even knew what a DP was and certainly not an SPD. We weren't asking for all the answers on day 3, we were pumping in quarters and trying to make them last. Thank you Capcom for keeping the magic alive!

20170602_201247.md.jpg
    edited June 3
    Any YT channels for matches?

Had to change the free play mode off before I left (MKII cab).

Surprised NRS isn't milking it's classic MK and MKII arcade versions and legit have Shang Tsung, Reptile, and Goro playable in MK; and legit have Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Jade, Smoke, and Noob Saibot playable in MKII. I'd legit by like 2 copies of each if they have online play as well. Would epic to play as a legit version of MK Shang Tsung in MK.
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 461
    Violent Ken's teleport is essentially a KoF roll - it goes through projectiles but he can be thrown out of it. I did this in a match and verified in training mode.
    ^you can also dp it with vanilla ken, can connect with violent ken almost completely on the opposite side of (behind) vanilla ken. Probably true for many moves. Seems there is a wide hitable box while violent ken is dashing.
    edited June 4
    Short video on some of the stuff I've been learning about playing against Violent Ken:

:edit: rev 1 of the video, with one additional "beating the dash" strategy
    Post edited by NoAffinity on
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 459
    ^ Ridiculous stuff. There are no arcade sticks available or adapters at this time, unbalanced cast, no bonus stages, no cps1 audio sound fx, terrible announcer and way of hado.
    This is an underwhelming 30th year anniversary title. Excuse me while I go binge on cps1 games.
    Sure, there are some things that could've been done better, but isn't there always? And please don't take this video as attempting to make a point that Violent Ken is OP. He's just new and folks seem to be gravitating toward him, so I chose that as the initial focus for some video documenting. For me, the hardest opponents I've faced so far have been Guile's and Balrog's. There is one tough Violent Ken who is exploiting the dash, but frankly it's an online/lag exploit. Against a Violent Ken with clean online play, the dash is not difficult to counter.
    NoAffinity wrote: »
    Short video on some of the stuff I've been learning about playing against Violent Ken:

HPxxHP DP whiffs on shotos, so it not working on V. Ken is normal.

He is Ken with KoF rolls, Ryu's tatsu, HF air tatsu, invincible DPs, MP/HP DPs juggle on hit, Fei's walk speed, and Vega's jump. The trade-offs are that he loses crazy kicks, it only takes 26 stun to dizzy him, he has 120 life instead of 144.

I'd still rather fight V. Ken than Akuma though.
    What's different about akuma in this? Dizzies and that's it?
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's easier to get Akuma to stun and he got less health. Otherwise he's just plain Old broken Akuma.
    Shakunetsu Hadoken is HCB like in later versions.
    I didn't check if Capcom nerfed his semi-invulnerable low kicks.
    Big O wrote: »

He is Ken with KoF rolls, Ryu's tatsu, HF air tatsu, invincible DPs, MP/HP DPs juggle on hit, Fei's walk speed, and Vega's jump. The trade-offs are that he loses crazy kicks, it only takes 26 stun to dizzy him, he has 120 life instead of 144.

Where are you getting these specific numbers on V.Ken's stun and life? Also V.Ken easily out-walks Fei.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Where are you getting these specific numbers on V.Ken's stun and life? Also V.Ken easily out-walks Fei.

Training Mode actually shows you damage it's common knowledge that in ST the normal health value is 144 which is how many vertical pixels for the actual health bar and default dizzy is 34 or 35 if I remember correctly.
    I didn't really explore it long enough to confirm if Capcom removed the random counter for damage/stun.
    It seems like random damage is definitely out.
    edited June 6

Since the game no longer has random damage/stun, those numbers were easily confirmed in training mode and Vs mode.

As far as walk speed goes, Fei's is really good (2nd along with Bison). Doing comparisons based on relative speeds he has the same backwards walking speed as Ryu/Hawk/Akuma's forward walking speed (Same as Fei/Bison) and is not noticeably different from Fei/Bison as far as forward speed. V. Ken's walking animation just makes him look like he's on PCP which only makes him appear to be lightning fast. V. Ken is slightly slower than Vega and about the same as Fei/Bison.

Walk Speeds compared in training mode vs recorded inputs of Vega/whoever just holding back.
    Looks like this game died already
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 401
    Does that mean it will never get ported to other consoles, or that it will definitely get ported so Capcom can recoup more of their costs?
    There's no way I'm buying a Switch.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,216
    edited June 10
    This game really had nothing going for it. I was hella excited when it was announced, but then you had capcom being capcom by being tight lipped about details regarding the game. Which just said to me that they didn't give a shit about making this a desirable product. Game just feels like another attempt at what they did with HF and HDR last gen, except with less than half the effort that those products had. People got excited and started asking questions and capcom didn't respond to shit because all the answers would have been a downer for people that were hype for the game. Lol

The fact that this is exclusive to a Nintendo console also means that they needed to make it as great of a product as possible for it to sell. And as most people seem to agree, it's not worth it's price tag for what basically should be a $15 psn game.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,842
    kedawa wrote: »
    Does that mean it will never get ported to other consoles, or that it will definitely get ported so Capcom can recoup more of their costs?
    There's no way I'm buying a Switch.

Well....

Capcom said that they will port Ultra to other platforms if it sells well on the Switch

but Capcom also likes money, and porting the game to other platforms would give them more money

so.... anything is possible
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...