Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

15678911»

Comments

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,091
    when you set the search option on pro controlling you will find almost no opponents or you have to wait forever until get matched vs so.
    especially violent ken and akuma players set all their special moves on 1-3 buttons lol
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Big OBig O Joined: Posts: 377
    I don't know if we have enough activity to warrant our own section like ST and HDR (R.I.P.), but that would be cool.
    how do you even punish v. ken's SRKs?
    online v. Kens whiffing random SRKs all day long, Im pressing cr.MP flashkick right when he lands on the ground & most of the time Im way too late / those v. ken players doing another random SRK and I get hit before
    I can hit confirm my cr.MP
    sometimes the pushback on blocked SRK is that much which lead to me whiffing my flashkick ( without cr.MP ) and forward HP doesn't reach them in time, so I get hit again by a sec SRK.
    most of the time I block atm.

the recovery on these SRKs is pretty insane

• x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,151
    edited July 11
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    online v. Kens whiffing random SRKs all day long, Im pressing cr.MP flashkick right when he lands on the ground & most of the time Im way too late / those v. ken players doing another random SRK and I get hit before
    sometimes the pushback on blocked SRK is that much which lead to me whiffing my flashkick ( without cr.MP ) and forward HP doesn't reach them in time, so I get hit again by a sec SRK.

We don't have frame data for USF2 yet but its a safe bet the landing frames on SRKs for V.Ken is the same as N.Ken and O.Ken (3 frames). This is two frames less than Ryu and Akuma so 40% harder to attempt a grounded SRK recovery punish. To add insult to injury, V.Ken has O.Ken's fully invincible SRKs and all of them set off a air juggle state on hit (this is why V.Ken will register a full 3 hits on his fierce SRK whether he hits you on the ground or as a deep antiair, unlike U.Ken, and can juggle multiple SRKs up to 3 hits). I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to be able to ground punish V.Ken's fierce SRK recovery easiler than regular Ken's so maybe that got changed.
    Post edited by x64 on
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Forget about big punishes against V.Ken SRK's stay basic and learn to visually queue your punish against landing animation don't wait for Ken to LAND. People had the same issue with O.Ken if we put modern input lag into the equation we'll always fail to punish the SRK on it's landing animation.

• gamingsagegamingsage shoto 4 lyfe Joined: Posts: 210
    edited July 11
    rcaido wrote: »

Brooks also has a brooks adapter for PS3/PS4 to Wii U that allows you to use it on your switch.

I just ordered two, hopefully come this week. I heard no noticeable lag with them too.

Alright thanks bro. It's ALL OVER NOW
    www.twitch.tv/superuiuri
  • Gunner ThorGunner Thor Big Sexy Joined: Posts: 118

Some of them I let go if I dont have a punish lined up. I use Vega so my go to is cr. Fierce if it's a jab SRK, if its fierce, walk under st. Roundhouse. Sometimes I go for Sweeps but that's too close to him hitting the ground and then rinse repeating on me, I like to hit him in the air with the most damaging buttons to build up that stun.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 11
    So this is interesting:

Apparently Honda's command grab can grab everyone out of their super if done on ether the same frame or the next frame of the super flash. This is weird because virtually no super that I can remember has grab-able frames in their initial invulnerable startup. The guy thinks that Hawk could do this too. Obviously this will be nearly impossible to do on purpose in the heat of a match but interesting nontheless.

That's sick but it also shows special moves being eaten up by Oicho I've seen videos of Hawk doing the same but also this !!

From the animation it seems T.Hawk is either cancelling Stand Jab OR cancelling the Tech'ed Throw into Double Typhoon !!!
    From the animation it seems T.Hawk is either cancelling Stand Jab OR cancelling the Tech'ed Throw into Double Typhoon !!!

That's awesome. Might have to start learning to deal with U.Hawk's lack of awesome O.Hawk normals now.
    ^ thanks for the heads-up guys
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,650
    Will the tournament standard for this game be CPS2 graphics and sound/music? If not then it should be.
    I think I'm going to stop playing ranked for awhile. I went like 100-3 the last few days and still have less points than I started. That and a lot of the top-50 will ether outright avoid you or only play you once. Bleh.
  • TelMarineTelMarine Joined: Posts: 31
    x64 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to stop playing ranked for awhile. I went like 100-3 the last few days and still have less points than I started. That and a lot of the top-50 will ether outright avoid you or only play you once. Bleh.

I'll play you.

They should hide the ratings. People care so much about them, it's dumb. Frequent leaving is a chronic problem.
    TelMarine wrote: »

I'll play you.

They should hide the ratings. People care so much about them, it's dumb. Frequent leaving is a chronic problem.

Nice Ryu dude. You're one of the very few people who would play extended sets with me. So much more fun than the high ranked Akuma/V.Kens I usually run into.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,773
    if that was Shin Bison and Mecha Zangief it would have been amazing

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    ^Yup.
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 380
    So, since Shin Akuma (and the code to select him) were supposedly always there, what did the update from Yesterday do? The only difference I have spotted so far is the listing of "Shin Akuma" on screens like the command list, color edit, etc.
    Spoonman wrote: »
    So, since Shin Akuma (and the code to select him) were supposedly always there, what did the update from Yesterday do? The only difference I have spotted so far is the listing of "Shin Akuma" on screens like the command list, color edit, etc.

No changelog that I could spot.

I'll play you.

Nice Ryu dude. You're one of the very few people who would play extended sets with me. So much more fun than the high ranked Akuma/V.Kens I usually run into.

Thanks. Yeah, the amount of Akumas and Violent Kens does start to get tiring after a while. I rarely run into Evil Ryus.

It's because USF2 is a bit of a cespool. No joystick means not bothering to take this game seriously adn the rare chance you meat someone with a Honda like yours and it gets even more frustrating dealing with those joycons. I think you may have to ditch this and gravitate back to SFV where everyone else is having fun at and lay this to rest :)
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,288

It's because USF2 is a bit of a cespool. No joystick means not bothering to take this game seriously adn the rare chance you meat someone with a Honda like yours and it gets even more frustrating dealing with those joycons. I think you may have to ditch this and gravitate back to SFV where everyone else is having fun at and lay this to rest :)

Brooks already works...Game is still fun to play. The only thing i cant deal with is Akuma players...I dont mind shotos.
    edited July 24

Yeah I thought about that before. The amount of people who use the Brook UFB or converter like rcadio and I for the Switch are probably few and far between. I'm just hoping that USF2 does well enough to make it onto the real consoles and/or PC. That should be fun. As for SFV, I'd rather play this odd version of SF2 than SFV any day of the week lol.

Brooks already works...Game is still fun to play. The only thing i cant deal with is Akuma players...I dont mind shotos.

Akuma players are a pain in ass if I'm using anyone but Vega, but V.Ken is the worst.

Akuma players are a pain in ass if I'm using anyone but Vega, but V.Ken is the worst.

That warp of Violent Ken's is ridiculous...I could probably deal with all the other stuff but the warp is by far the worst. The reaction time you need to counter it is crazy, especially via internet. Like, for example, the cross-up warp into dragon punch. If you don't block well in advance, the game doesn't seem to register you switched your blocking direction in time. Or the warp into throw is especially nasty. You have a fraction of a second to react. The invincibility time on the farther warps is quite generous as well, he only is vulnerable right at the end in which he can instantly do a move. Other warps in the game, such as yoga teleport or akuma/evil ryu are much more manageable and you can time a counter attack. Here, it's incredibly difficult unless you happen to guess correctly.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,743
    Is it safe to say that the tier list is

Ultimate God Tier - Shin Gouki
    God Tier - Evil Eyu, Violent Ken, Gouki

No one else matters tier - Everyone else
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    edited July 25
    That warp of Violent Ken's is ridiculous...I could probably deal with all the other stuff but the warp is by far the worst. The reaction time you need to counter it is crazy, especially via internet. Like, for example, the cross-up warp into dragon punch. If you don't block well in advance, the game doesn't seem to register you switched your blocking direction in time. Or the warp into throw is especially nasty. You have a fraction of a second to react. The invincibility time on the farther warps is quite generous as well, he only is vulnerable right at the end in which he can instantly do a move. Other warps in the game, such as yoga teleport or akuma/evil ryu are much more manageable and you can time a counter attack. Here, it's incredibly difficult unless you happen to guess correctly.

I think V.Ken's warp has a head hurtbox like the other evil shotos. It also has a throwbox the entire length of the move. But you're right, if V.Ken warps behind you he recovers waaaay too quick to do anything but block (and likely eat a throw). It also alows him to zone incredibly better than all other shotos by being able to follow a slow hadoken with a short warp. Couple that with a fierce SRK that's fully invincible and juggles for full damage most of the time V.Ken probably ties Akuma for the new top tier. Both are glass cannons with their shitty health but it doesn't matter if the person playing them knows what to do.

I personally don't fear E.Ryu. The raging demon super for both him and akuma are hilariously easy to beat with a full hurtbox around the entire move and no initial invincibility. Most of the good ones try to get you with an air tatsu to try and get a dizzy juggle which makes it easy to fish for damage. He's essentially N.Ryu with a lot less health.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,288
    edited July 25
    I think it also has to do with matchups...I really dont have that much trouble at all against E. Ryu...I thave 91% win ratio. As for V. Ken he isn't that bad either...For me right now Deejay is the one giving me fits.

Who are some noteable E.Ryu & V. Ken players to look out for?
    I think it also has to do with matchups...I really dont have that much trouble at all against E. Ryu...I thave 91% win ratio. As for V. Ken he isn't that bad either...For me right now Deejay is the one giving me fits.

I don't know if I know of any exceptional V.Ken/E.Ryu players right now. I do worry about exceptional Ken/Ryu players picking up the unholy trinity and wrecking shop once switch sticks become more common.
    Man, Deejay is way more fun to use than Guile, am I missing something? His normals are fantastic.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,650
    Which characters are banned in tournament play? Just Shin Gouki?

Also for tournament play, is the default the CPS2 sprites?
    edited July 27

Agree about Evil Ryu, although he also does have increased speed and the new overhead comes out pretty fast and advances him forward, definitely not used to it. I have problems against Violent Ken because with that damn warp he takes over the fireball battle against Ryu. He can slow fireball, warp full screen, and hit/throw you before your done with a fireball. Then add in the other crap and it gets pretty tough.

I also reached some completely meaningless milestones, finally hit 15000BP to get A rank and took over the #2 spot on overall Ryu BP rankings (which may have changed by now). I won't be catching the #1 guy (who has nearly 18k BP). The sense of progression in terms of the BP rank is strange. At first, it's going super fast and then when you hit C+, it grinds to a halt. Maybe they could've spread it out a little more? I also wonder if there's an A+ and S ranks. A+ at 30k or something? Sheesh.

EDIT: Just checked, there is another rank. Looks like whatever that is (probably A+) is at 20k.
    edited July 27
    Man, Deejay is way more fun to use than Guile, am I missing something? His normals are fantastic.

Deejay is Guile with a slide and better normals/combos/super IMO.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Which characters are banned in tournament play? Just Shin Gouki?

Also for tournament play, is the default the CPS2 sprites?

There hasn't really been any real tourneys besides the 2old2furious and a few WNFs ones. Probably Classic mode with no shin akuma.
  • UbersaurusUbersaurus RIP Kinn "ROBOTRON" Joined: Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I will echo the request for a compiled list of known changes from ST/HDR, whether in this thread or another. Planning on bringing this to an upcoming Baltimore FGC night, would be good to have some info ready.
    When someone asks if you're a god...say yes
15678911»