Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

1101112131416»

Comments

• VanceVance Dial down the center Joined: Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sadboy wrote: »
    Random wrote: »
    x64 wrote: »
    Vance wrote: »
    Were you the DJ? Sorry about not playing more, I was trying to get more matches against a high ranked V.Ken at the time.

That was me! I used to go by the name littlecowpower on HD Remix and played Blanka exclusively, when he wasn't borderline garbage. Now I stick to Evil Ryu and only switch to Dee Jay or Blanka against the players I respect most.

I've mained Zangief and Guile in past versions of SFII as well... Nothing but love for this strange game.

How did you do against Violent Ken?

I think I remember you on HDR. I was playing against MichaelLee. I'd say he has the most impressive V.Ken I've run up against so far. I think this might be his first time with SF2 because he lacks a few basics but he has V.Ken's skill plays down. Very adept at using the dash on wakeup to set up a 50/50 jab srk (that's completely safe on block). We probably played about 30 times yesterday and I think I beat him at least 20-10 but the way the game deals PP out I think I barely made change when it was all said and done lol.

MichaelLee is alright, but his attitude sucks (you can just tell) and he runs after one win. I sent a friend request to him with my name changed to an insult, and he actually added me lol. I'll see if he actually sticks around for matches now.

Btw I am SSj4_Ryuk on USF4, mind adding me on Switch? I would love to play a good Dj.

I know you, this is Cellus. We've been sparring here and there recently.

I know him too. :'(

Awesome! I hope we get to fight again.
    Ultra Street Fighter 2 player
    Used to play Street Fighter V before Season 2
    Played a lot of HD Remix
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 403
    kedawa wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Shin Akuma isn't even playable online because most if not all, ban him online, and nobody really picks normal Akuma because normal one air fireball Akuma is overrated...

What's wrong with Claw jumping on the fence...

I really don't get you. Vega jumping on his fence destroys his walldive game. Vega gets heavily penalized if he lands on his own stage. That's obviously bad. Also no one in their right mind would advocate allowing Shin Akuma being allowed in anything other than silly casuals. His fucking HP fireball does 50% damage. Jesus.

I would think that's exactly why he doesn't see an issue with it - it's not OP, it's a handicap. If someone wants to gimp their own character, then let them.

No Vega player is ever picking that level on purpose, people usually pick it as a nerf to force a ground game.

For sure. It makes perfect sense that a Vega player should be allowed to veto that stage pick if they want to.
    If they actually want to go all Saikyo mode and deal with the nerfed wall climb, I think that's okay too.
  • VildiilVildiil Joined: Posts: 202 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dunno if he even posts here but on my last game with Branch (#1 ranked chun) my switch disconnected from online right at the end of our last game. I know it looked bad but it was definitely not on purpose lol this console is whack with its connections.

Just bought this the other day and been having fun with this silly game somewhat, the online is kinda horrible but I'd rather play this than SFV. The online kinda reminds me of playing cvs2 and 3s back in the day on OG Xbox.
    SFV: Cammy
    Tekken 7: Kazumi, Katarina
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 461
    edited September 25
    Vildiil wrote: »
    Dunno if he even posts here but on my last game with Branch (#1 ranked chun) my switch disconnected from online right at the end of our last game. I know it looked bad but it was definitely not on purpose lol this console is whack with its connections.

I'm pretty sure the disconnect is not the console's fault. Granted, I bought an ethernet adapter but I played a ton of Pokken this weekend and had no disconnects and an overall better experience than Ultra. Capcom just phoned it in on the netcode. That makes me sad because I really love this game.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,977
    So how's the playerbase for this game looking like 7 months after launch?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • VildiilVildiil Joined: Posts: 202 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I see a lot of the same people over and over and generally matches are of poor quality. I've only owned the game for less than a week though.
    SFV: Cammy
    Tekken 7: Kazumi, Katarina
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,191
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I think its been 4 months. It's ok. Kind of hard to find top 50 players in the same region though
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Gunner ThorGunner Thor Big Sexy Joined: Posts: 136
    If you like fighting laggy V.Ken and Akuma it's the business. Seriously, that's like 80% of my fights dodging air plasma and guessing which side ken may want to dash to next. That's after determining weather or not its an SRK spammer.
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 461
    If you like fighting laggy V.Ken and Akuma it's the business. Seriously, that's like 80% of my fights dodging air plasma and guessing which side ken may want to dash to next. That's after determining weather or not its an SRK spammer.

We have very different experiences, it seems. I face a fairly diverse character selection. I've seen far more Akumas than V.Kens and both outrank E. Ryu. The number of jab SRK spamming V.Kens is also fairly low for me. I've seen a few and it's frustrating because Fei Long cannot easily punish that behavior as far as I can tell. I see a fair amount of Guils, Chun, Balrog and Ryu players.
    Most players will try to counter pick against you in ranked matches, and Violent Ken and Akuma are great characters to use against Gief. I think with Fei Long there aren't many people who know how to play him correctly, let alone know who to use against a good Fei Long. This is why it's handy to practice a handful of characters so you can influence who will be used against you.
    Played a lot of HD Remix
    Most players will try to counter pick against you in ranked matches, and Violent Ken and Akuma are great characters to use against Gief. I think with Fei Long there aren't many people who know how to play him correctly, let alone know who to use against a good Fei Long. This is why it's handy to practice a handful of characters so you can influence who will be used against you.

Fei's tricky, sometimes it feels like I need to stay darn near full screen away to react well, especially when I use Blanka
    edited September 28
    Good games x64. I think our connection is just bad enough to make Ken and V.Ken broken as hell, full retard SRK became a valid strategy. What's your opinion of the character after putting in the time? I only know him from the opponent side. I was Goldie btw
    Post edited by Gunner Thor on
    edited September 28
    Good games x64. I think our connection is just bad enough to make Ken and V.Ken broken as hell, full retard SRK became a valid strategy. What's your opinion of the character after putting in the time? I only know him from the opponent side. I was Goldie btw

I haven't played in like 3 weeks. Think you played someone else heh. 99% of the time I'm playing the 3 characters in my signature.

I haven't played in like 3 weeks. Think you played someone else heh. 99% of the time I'm playing the 3 characters in my signature.

Ah, someone must have a similar tag then.
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 388
    edited October 1
    I held up on getting an offical Nintendo Pro Controller because of the reports on crappy D-pad so I am giving this controller a go instead; it is set to release on December.

SF30 Pro by 8bit do.

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SF30-Controller-Windows-macOS-Android/dp/B0748S3GXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506878868&sr=8-1&keywords=sf30+pro&th=1

Edit: I am on mobile atm and suck at uploading images

Edit2: Some pictures of the Super Famicom inspired design. in the Amazon.com link I provided there is also a SNES inspired design (Just change the "edition" on the right of the screen).

SFC30_Pro_face.jpg
    21690640_119116678753314_3265053482951901184_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTYwNDczNDk4MTQ1MjA3MDM0Ng%3D%3D.2

Post edited by Spoonman on

Fei's tricky, sometimes it feels like I need to stay darn near full screen away to react well, especially when I use Blanka

If I was serious about beating Fei Long I would probably pick Evil Ryu. A lot of people also pick Fei Long against my Cammy which sounds great on paper but it isn't a 3-7 matchup if you don't know how what makes Fei Long so good in the first place.

Played a lot of HD Remix
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,247
    O. Ken is better than V. Ken

I never got too deep with old school street fighter, what makes O.Ken better?

I never got too deep with old school street fighter, what makes O.Ken better?

Outside of normal health, nothing. V.Ken has everything O.Ken has otherwise, only better. Even without the command dash V.Ken is arguably better.
    Speaking of Violent Ken, has anyone played SVCRival, a.k.a. the number #1 Violent Ken in the world? He has more than 22800BP right now which is much higher than anyone else, all other Violent Kens included. I'd love to know if somebody finally broke the character.
    Played a lot of HD Remix
    Speaking of Violent Ken, has anyone played SVCRival, a.k.a. the number #1 Violent Ken in the world? He has more than 22800BP right now which is much higher than anyone else, all other Violent Kens included. I'd love to know if somebody finally broke the character.

I've fought him a few times. He likes to cover his dash with plasma and come in for a throw, that 50/50 dash throw routine is tricky. Once you start reacting to that, the srks start rolling. Annoying as shit

I've fought him a few times. He likes to cover his dash with plasma and come in for a throw, that 50/50 dash throw routine is tricky. Once you start reacting to that, the srks start rolling. Annoying as shit

This is why I feel like Ryu is the best counterpick for Violent Ken. His superior projectile game and life advantage forces V. ken to take more risks. I'm guessing characters like E. Honda or Claw in Spain can't do anything about this strategy though.
    Played a lot of HD Remix
    edited October 11

This is why I feel like Ryu is the best counterpick for Violent Ken. His superior projectile game and life advantage forces V. ken to take more risks. I'm guessing characters like E. Honda or Claw in Spain can't do anything about this strategy though.

It's tricky with Vega since he has to react and try to stay aggressive while V.Ken can pretty much just do whatever, plus Vega's weak to tick throws. I had more success with Blanka, forces V.Ken to play lame.

edit: He will also only play V.Ken once so that cuts down on learning his patterns.
    At least this characters isn't in it. All stages have fences cages for this character:

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Jeweled Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,663

All it needs now is to add V.Ken and E.Ryu haha

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited October 12
    Any Bison players have tips on hitting his crossups, man that dude has a weird jump ark. NM, found a proper tutorial
    And this character:

this game dead? Haven't seen any streams...
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,434

I haven't played it for months now. Lack of lobby rooms killed it for me. Hopefully a console or pc gets released for it. Its a fun game.
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 592
    edited November 19
    Possibly getting a switch soon. Was hoping to get this game before it’s playerbase died
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    rcaido wrote: »

I haven't played it for months now. Lack of lobby rooms killed it for me. Hopefully a console or pc gets released for it. Its a fun game.

It's probably Switch exclusive but if other consoles/PC gets a port I hope Capcom fixes the bugs and tunes down the damage ratio.
    Lobbies and broken chars ban option would be great :)
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,270
    So everyone, put your copy of USF2 in the trash and train for this :https://www.facebook.com/events/495969854123166/

lol