Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,598 mod
    Johnny Casual will probably eat that shit up, which is probably an indication of who they're targeting with this.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,496
    Of course it's targeted at casuals, why else would they make it Switch-exclusive?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,551
    It's actually worth 340 dollars if you account for the system.

Add $70 for a Pro Controller or Hori stick, because the JoyCon that comes with the console doesn't have a d-pad and playing with analog sticks is not good for most people
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,983
    atirador wrote: »
    It's actually worth 340 dollars if you account for the system.

Add $70 for a Pro Controller or Hori stick, because the JoyCon that comes with the console doesn't have a d-pad and playing with analog sticks is not good for most people

The hori stick will be $150.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Are the OG players gonna complain about Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Violent Ken being too powerful for tournament play? Tournamnet standard should be the CPS2 graphics!!!
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,374
    Nobody mentioned this but this screenshot actually shows breakable objects in Ryu's stage in original CPS2 graphics mode.

Interesting. I wonder what kind of glitch combos this will allow for.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 18
    Nobody mentioned this but this screenshot actually shows breakable objects in Ryu's stage in original CPS2 graphics mode.

Those didn't exist in the Dreamcast/HDRemix or original ST and weirdly are omitted in HD mode unless you can enable them through some DIP switch setting ala DC version.

HSF2 did have them so I guess they are using the latest CPS2 version code and nothing from HD Remix except the graphics.

And by that I would assume it is a modified Nesica HSF2 version (and by the screen borders).
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 763
    Since I know about as much of ST as I do brain surgery, wouldn't throw techs make characters like T Hawk useless? I thought his whole thing was throw mix-ups and tics.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 763
    Ah. For some reason, I was under the impression that his strategy was based around normal throws. Not sure where I saw that.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 19
    Throw teching might be okay but still I don't really know what's to become of Cammy/Honda and Blanka without throws the overall gameplan for those characters is "More throws MORE WINS !!" unless some serious rebalancing happened but I doubt lazy Capcom doing anything good these day :pensive: .
    BzChoy wrote: »
    Command throws can't be teched.

...Unless Capcom is stupid enough to make it happen.

The only way they can hurt command throws is by making them active on later frames or even changing pre-jumps frames to unthrowable or airborne state and IMO that will be terrible beyond imagination it's like erasing grapplers from the game !!
    I can now think of a few system exploits that might happen if they do any of those options with prejumps without changing the code :lol:

But that's my opinion.
    Post edited by Spirited_Away on
  • rose1984rose1984 Joined: Posts: 5

Okay I think ultra streetfighter 2 is for casuals I made a video about it they need to remake the real streetfighter and that is 4 okay I'm calling it now Ultimate Streetfighter 4 they can put in ultimate combos it is kind of like a final smash pretty much a one-hit kill. Shoot yeah man, they need to let streetfighter 2 die it is old.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    To be honest, could they make any change that would satisfy people?

And no, I don't mean that in a "fuck you grumpy old men" way, that's a genuine question. ST is a goddamn institution, any change Capcom makes to it seems like it wouldn't go over well. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. People want new sprites, but if the game is going to play exactly the same you still need the same dimensions as the old ones to correspond with the hitboxes, and they end up looking weird. People want balance changes, but they don't actually want to fix the broken stuff or add functions that became commonplace since then, because that's what made ST fun.

With 3S they just upped the resolution, added online and called it a day. That doesn't really work with ST, because the sprites would look like ass. I'm not an ST player, so I can't really say what they should do with that game, but it seems like it's really hard to make any changes that wouldn't be outright rejected, because that game is firmly cemented as being exactly what it is.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
    Do people really want balance changes? I mean save for the Vega bullshit and O. Sagat there's nothing really broken in ST
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,556
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Do people really want balance changes? I mean save for the Vega bullshit and O. Sagat there's nothing really broken in ST

Isn't Akuma hard banned?
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
    Kecka wrote: »

Isn't Akuma hard banned?

Not much of a point playing toned down Akuma when there's Ryu and Ken IMO
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,872
    The lack of meter building bugs me. I know it's an early build but it looks like it takes so long to get super that you might as well not even have Super Moves.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    edited January 19
    Nobody is going fanatic over the changes just like HD Remix change is welcome but not to the level of unnecessary stuff like Ryu's fake Fireball or badly implemented(untested) changes like Akuma or Chun Li's SBK.
    Some changes back in HDR were good like changes to special move motions, Ken's variation of Krazy Kicks and no character was nerfed to obilivion which was really good (Akuma was still broken :lol: ).

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,304
    This being a Switch exclusive is, above all else, why USF2 won't get picked up by the community. That said, it's definitely good that the Switch will have a SF game. AS for classic ST mode, I doubt that will happen, and even if it did, the ST community would find some reason to shit on it.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 678
    I REEEEEEALLY wanna believe that Capcom has USF2 up their sleeve on at least PS4 during the 30th anniversary. But we've seen some strange crap recently, which kinda gives me pause. As it stands I'm very cautiously optimistic.
    Characters should not be banned in USF2
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,374
    edited January 20
    Kecka wrote: »
    To be honest, could they make any change that would satisfy people?

There are things that certainly could be fixed that most reasonable people won't have a problem with.

- Random input windows
    - Dropped inputs on frame skips
    - Variable stage speeds
    - Bugged inputs eg. Chicken Wing
  • PimpUigiPimpUigi End The Hate Joined: Posts: 264
    And didn't alll those get fixed in HDR? The HDR changes are easier to tweak balance from than starting from scratch.
    Like give Chun Li her old LK SBK.
    Restore E. Honda's charged super. (it's a dip switch anyway, like the E. Honda players could have had that enabled in tournaments instead of bitching out)
    Un-baby-mode Zangief's throw motions. (720/360 only, no HCF-B motions)
    HCF for chicken wing kick instead of the QCF it got changed to.

As far as I know, no one's losing match ups got worse (fuck Thomas Hawk, no one should think that invincible grab-SRK hybrid stuff is legit), no one's winning match ups became worse than 5-5. But that's what the ST players hated.
    IMHO it was more remarkable than any SF4 balance patch. HDR added something fun for every character, fixed more bugs, and didn't approach balance by saying "ok hard nerfs, slow the game down, slow this persons jump down so they get stuck in the air, turtle fest" (SF4)
    It's the way balance patches should be approached in general. "How do we make every character more fun to play - while addressing their bad matchups, and normalizing their good ones?" Yet out of RTS, FPS, and SF#, for some reason HDR is the only exception where someone approached it with that mentality.

It was seriously like the E. Honda players came in and said, "But Cammy and Blanka aren't supposed to win against me no matter what... :c now they're like 6-4 match ups, Honda only has a slight advantage." (while now he can headbutt through fireballs so he gets better against his unwinnable ST matchups - for the first year people thought E. Honda might be the best in the game - but it didn't stop the Honda players from complaining they lost their unloseable matchups.) and Guile players said, "But Claw is supposed to knock me down with ambiguous cross ups and not let me do anything. That just feels better."
    Watch that HDR tournament that Daigo plays Guile throughout - it makes the game look *really* good, and Daigo said he had a lot of fun and wanted HDR in Japan. It was also like, the final big HDR harah in a post SnakeEyez world. The game had been out for years, but the announcers were still just talking about "this changed! that changed! different! wouldn't have worked in ST!" - and even though there was more "eugh, 4's balance changes, why?!" going on in the 4 community, their announcers virtually *never* said "nope that changed in the patch! oof, Zangief's new jump arc sure screwed him over there!!" Maybe in the first week or so of the patch where Zangief's EX-hand couldn't knock down anymore. But even that was just accepted and never looked back on.
    Mike P.
    "Luigi can't win without having sex."
    Sexy Kick!!!
    Scared to let me have a banner : (
    PimpUigi wrote: »
    (fuck Thomas Hawk

Isn´t Thunder Hawk? =)

And yes, I AGREE with all your post. Bu FGC hypocrysy/mentality is HARD to understand.

We have BROKEN AF games like "insert any Marvel game here" but they are praised by the comunity. 1 hit kill combos on UMvC3 is called "skill" and "fun" but as you said, a newly balanced matchup is called upon. But in any other game, this is called cheap/broken/forget that game (MK/KI/Tekken/VF/etc)

3rd Strike rev.B got rid of Chun and Ken´s delayed cancels on C.MK/MP, toned down the damage on Yun CC and removed Urien/Oro unblockables. Bashed game.

CvS2 EO sadly was console only, but it fixed RC and added Super Cancels to the already weak P-Groove. Bashed game.

Same with Alpha 3 Upper, SF x Tekken and so on.

BUT THEY ARE OK with nerfs and buffs of current SFV or the past USF changes.

I played HDR, I liked HDR and most of it´s fixes (I would have toned down a bit more Sim and Rog but it´s ok).

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,304
    I'd venture a lot of it is sour grapes on the part of older players who just had to deal with those things but probably would have been like, "Yeah, let's not make the game a broken mess" if that had been an option when they came up.

There's something to be said for adaptability though. Adaptability is the difference between players taking a character like 3s Urien and making him a beast despite how powerful the top tiers are and Netherrealm nerfing the shit out of MK9 Kano because the community can't deal. I agree with some of the changes in HDR, but if I'd put thousands of hours into the game, I might feel different. I don't know.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,380
    edited January 21
    Hype for the game. It to me seems like a perfect mix of new and old. The concept to me really culminates where SF came from, and what we think of when we think SF and where SF is/is going. I'm expecting to have fun with it. A lot of the changes in things like execution and hit-stun regardless of the over all direction of newer SF games I think are among the best changes and seeing those applied to a classic will be interesting. In my opinion nothing could be more perfect for the 30th anniversary.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,148
    edited January 21
    Of course it's targeted at casuals, why else would they make it Switch-exclusive?
    Why does people associate classic SF2 with casual players? If I put myself the casual glasses, what I see is this:
    • The most hostile game of the series to jumping. Hitboxes that benefit the grounded character, trip guard who allows to cover a lot of space to antiair with sweeps or even to make a jumping normal unsafe on hit by walking forwards and then throw. I heard casuals love to jump.
    • The most hated strategy at its prime (zoning). Even if O.Sagat isn't the best character it is the one that immediately jumps to mind and Vanilla SF4 Sagat perpetuates the stigma.
    • Lopsided matchups that can kill the hype dead on its tracks.
    • Rather dated sprites that haven't aged well. They're famous, but along the sounds they are mostly used when you want to go for kitsch, craptastic or "less is more" hipster.
    • Only 17 characters. In 2016. Well, 19 with the blatant clones, but now that means you have a 6 / 19 ratio of shotoclones to other characters.

Overall this game comes to the wrong console, The people old enough to care for this are probably the ones least interested in getting trendy with the Switch.

Ok I'm salty after having read HD Remix was originally going to be Alpha 3. But the point still stands: for casual pandering, it is the wrong game.
    javert wrote: »
    Why does people associate classic SF2 with casual players? If I put myself the casual glasses, what I see is this:
    • The most hostile game of the series to jumping. Hitboxes that benefit the grounded character, trip guard who allows to cover a lot of space to antiair with sweeps or even to make a jumping normal unsafe on hit by walking forwards and then throw. I heard casuals love to jump.
    • The most hated strategy at its prime (zoning). Even if O.Sagat isn't the best character it is the one that immediately jumps to mind and Vanilla SF4 Sagat perpetuates the stigma.
    • Rather dated sprites that haven't aged well. They're famous, but along the sounds they are mostly used when you want to go for kitsch, craptastic or "less is more" hipster.
    • Only 17 characters. In 2016. Well, 19 with the blatant clones, but now that means you have a 6 / 19 ratio of shotoclones to other characters.

Overall this game comes to the wrong console, The people old enough to care for this are probably the ones least interested in getting trendy with the Switch.

Ok I'm salty after having read HD Remix was originally going to be Alpha 3. But the point still stands: for casual pandering, it is the wrong game.

Because majority of older casuals have likely only ever played SF2.

It's also the one most devoid of all the extra systems and sub-systems added on to later SF games.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,151
    It's associated with casuals because everyone and their grandmother's dead dog played sf2 in the 90s. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing a sf2 cab. Even my tiny ass hometown had them all over the place. Sf2 is also the highest selling console version of any sf game. Like almost everyone bought it on snes.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,207
    16114596_611131035754463_7056834748386253771_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGemCBGSQ3Oc9YDAw61ppm1m22rM2QKqPvdpamyYuafpQmvYpPovJ5VsPejmaVnP0fKHrNYMru0EFqjKBeTASQqh5c39xVglwqzto_KeM06pAD4FqwFkkdXA_VttCKWpPw&oh=2f2b01292b9515f25557cd766700ca03&oe=591E71EB

They should atleast changed HD remix's color hue and tint to more Pantone like SFV's and ST/hyper/super colors. While fixing their faces then redo their idle and walking animation. It would look better and stunning than before.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Jill or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    For those who skip the front page altogether, here were my thoughts on the game from what we know so far: http://shoryuken.com/2017/01/21/the-problems-with-ultra-street-fighter-ii-from-a-super-turbo-players-standpoint/

Adding to the discussion here.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,215
    Throw tech'ing in a game where zoning is really strong? If tech'ing resets the neutral like it does in SF4, rush down characters are going to have an even harder time. Plus, so few characters have overheads to actually give you a reason to not just block all day.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    Norieaga wrote: »
    Throw tech'ing in a game where zoning is really strong? If tech'ing resets the neutral like it does in SF4, rush down characters are going to have an even harder time. Plus, so few characters have overheads to actually give you a reason to not just block all day.

It looks like it's similar to the spacing in SFV to me.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited January 22
    I found that article to be the same old "can't move forward" rhetoric.
    E. Honda not having a stored super; while a stupid change...isn't going to change the fact he beats everyone without a fireball and loses to every fighter who has one. (this was also one of HDR's few bad changes - but correctable via one of the HDR dip switches IIRC - yep - https://www27.atwiki.jp/ssf2thdr/pages/38.html - still, no Honda player said "lets enable that" it was instead, "lets go back to ST so I can store my super")
    Only HD remix pushed forward on Honda's bad match ups by letting his LP headbutt go through fireballs.
    Mike P.
    Sexy Kick!!!
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 557
    I do hope this sees a release in Japan. One of the reasons HDR tanked so quickly was a complete lack of access to it outside the west.

Also, I hope to one day truly see a SF2 Akuma that is balanced and workable within the game. I had such high hope when HD Remix launched, but immediately saw that Akuma would have to be banned. Especially when we saw how the new air fireball could interact with the Raging Demon super.

At the very least, give it an arcade perfect SSSF2T port option Capcom. No lag, missing frames, redone artwork or any of the other problems that have plagued previous releases.
    :f::d::df:+:p:
    edited January 23
    RX-78-3 wrote: »
    I do hope this sees a release in Japan. One of the reasons HDR tanked so quickly was a complete lack of access to it outside the west.

Also, I hope to one day truly see a SF2 Akuma that is balanced and workable within the game. I had such high hope when HD Remix launched, but immediately saw that Akuma would have to be banned. Especially when we saw how the new air fireball could interact with the Raging Demon super.

At the very least, give it an arcade perfect SSSF2T port option Capcom. No lag, missing frames, redone artwork or any of the other problems that have plagued previous releases.

When we had an HD Remix re-balancing discussion on SRK forums I and others suggested that biggest nerf Akuma needed was giving him recovery on his air-fireballs which didn't happen and I don't know why maybe the team didn't really know how to add recovery frames for a move that didn't have any coded.

Besides removing the partial invulnerability on his Hurricane kicks and dreaded low kicks IMO the air fireball recovery was a must.
    Post edited by Spirited_Away on
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,207

It's going to japan,

Same trailer but instead with japanese font and using the SF2 animated movie OST, that movie music might be a good representation of SF glory days in japan. they even even put that ost in the project x zone 2 as Ryu and Ken double team move that is based again in SF2Anime.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Jill or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,654
    edited January 24
    It's 30 years since the franchise launched, not 30 years since SF2. I think it would've been a lot more special if they reinvented SF1, making all the characters playable for example, most never having been playable like Retsu. Just would've been a bigger surprise and not just a rehash of what's already been juiced to death. They could maybe add Chun Li and Akuma to the roster, and bam.
    Post edited by mykka on
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu

It's going to japan,

Same trailer but instead with japanese font and using the SF2 animated movie OST, that movie music might be a good representation of SF glory days in japan. they even even put that ost in the project x zone 2 as Ryu and Ken double team move that is based again in SF2Anime.

But it won't be in the arcades though.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited January 24
    javert wrote: »

You mean 7 shotos if they add Ryu, Ryu, Evil Ryu, Ken, Ken, Violent Ken, Gouki

Also, nothing should be banned in USF2.

Still don't know why Gouki was banned in HSF2 when you had World Warrior and Champion Edition characters

Wonder if every character has an ST option like HSF2 does where you press and hold start then select your character while still holding start...
    edited January 24
    d3v wrote: »

It's going to japan,

But it won't be in the arcades though.

Well it seems to have the "Nesica CPS2/3 treatment" aesthetically. I mean 4:3 cropping with bars at the sides to compensate the 16:9 difference etc.

I just hope.

So they basically added Fight Request to HD Remix
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mike P.
    Sexy Kick!!!
    Yup