Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Crimson Hadouken Joined: Posts: 1,554
    Maybe that is a special cpu Vega? probably frankenstein edit the udon sprites like some of Evil Ryu? wow they did bother to to add those stuff, I wonder what updates they did with Akuma, Sagat, Bison and Boxer?
    Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Black Hayato - Bounty Hunter
    5.) Vile X8 with Bear Ride Armor - Bounty Hunter X recurring rival.
    6.) Solo - Bounty Hunter Strider's recurring rival.
    7.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- Returning and New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement)
    12.) Strider - cyber ninja
    13.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    14.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    15.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    16.) Leon - Resident Evil
    17.) Demon Hyo - Rival Schools (plot can be from the cause of using Soul Gem)
    18.) Gene - from God Hand.

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards
    5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar
    5.) Matthew Macoy - from Delta Red

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro
    4.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or capcom fighting jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    5.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like choi and chang in CVS2.

5 Underrated and Forgotten Concepts.
    1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    3.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,070

Not quoted: "Enjoy us not telling you anything about USF2 until after launch"
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • SpoonmanSpoonman Joined: Posts: 369
    Are they offering some sort of bi-linear filter option for the classic graphics? I know some people around here don't like that, but I'd like to have the option ( I really hate the Udon Artwork).
    Spoonman wrote: »
    Are they offering some sort of bi-linear filter option for the classic graphics? I know some people around here don't like that, but I'd like to have the option ( I really hate the Udon Artwork).

We don't know yet, but whatever upscailing they're doing with the original graphics already look a lot better than the blocky mess that was HDR's classic mode.
    edited April 6

Not quoted: "Enjoy us not telling you anything about USF2 until after launch"

I know I'm in the minority, but I think it's great they left development of the game closed to the public. Public opinion has ruined many of the newer games with developers listening to people who don't even play them (darkstalkers I'm looking at you).

In some way I agree with you, it is kinda true. because nowadays the internet is filled with those that has no concern of the title's legacy. from those scrubs that demands a specific character buff without looking into diversity, casuals that request gameplay mechanics changes without thinking of the consequences that can break the game's fundamentals, then apologist that mocks or belittle opinions with no substantial arguments and lastly those that want to alienate the game by making it play like other trendy game. The morelikely reliable opinion nowadays are possible gameplay modes, animation quality and alternative costumes.

I think HDR and HSF2 did quite well into gathering sufficient and reliable data of gameplay feedbacks and suggestions from fgc that is religiously into any SF2 expansion to recreate a future SF2 follow-ups, from what shouldn't and what should be during the development period and hype deterioration of those titles. I just hope Capcom is looking into those.
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

7.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    14.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro
    4.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or capcom fighting jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
    I know I'm in the minority, but I think it's great they left development of the game closed to the public. Public opinion has ruined many of the newer games with developers listening to people who don't even play them (darkstalkers I'm looking at you).

I understand where you are coming from, but the lack of pretty much ANY info outside of a single launch trailer, random loc-tests and very obscure japanese only media seems kinda... disrespectful to SF2's legacy. I don't need a Sirlin-type expose on the development, but give the hardcore fans something.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 7

I understand where you are coming from, but the lack of pretty much ANY info outside of a single launch trailer, random loc-tests and very obscure japanese only media seems kinda... disrespectful to SF2's legacy. I don't need a Sirlin-type expose on the development, but give the hardcore fans something.

There's too much hardcore info on SF2 already doubt they'll need any feedback also it's not 90's anymore video game sales in Japan are like %60 lower so you can't blame Capcom going low profile on USF2 they probably don't want to repeat the mistake of over exposing development and changing the game based on some wild community feedback remember the genius that asked for a fake fireball in HDR or the all the pro's that helped in shaping SFV into what it is now !
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Wasn't it John Choi who asked for the fake fireball for Ryu in HDR?
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    Wasn't it John Choi who asked for the fake fireball for Ryu in HDR?

Yes actually he was one of the few people that had almost direct influence on the changes Sirlin put in HDR. Some were valid but the Fake Fireball was completely beyond the idea of balancing Ryu especially with that recovery.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,927
    The competitive Japanese scene has a much better understanding of the game though, so listening to them would yield much better results than Sirlin's efforts. With HDR the lack of knowledge on some characters was evident.
    edited April 7
    Cronopio wrote: »
    With HDR the lack of knowledge on some characters was evident.

The problem wasn't a lack of knowledge as much as Sirlin's "fun" based changes altering the playstyles of certain characters (most notably Chun, Hawk, Vega and Fei, but also negatively altering others). The overall goal of compressing the tier gap was noble, but ultimately was done in by poor design choices. Still, I do think Sirlin gets way too much shit for HDR seeing how he was pretty much the only person trying to get ST to a console since Capcom up until USF2 has pretty much done fuck all with SF2.
    Post edited by studtrooper on
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Plus he did make sure classic mode was included.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune

Yeah. Honestly if Sirlin had a little more support from capcom + not being held back by the Xbox Live Arcade file size limitations, we probably would have had a close to perfect classic ST mode.

Yeah. Honestly if Sirlin had a little more support from capcom + not being held back by the Xbox Live Arcade file size limitations, we probably would have had a close to perfect classic ST mode.

The release timing was bad HDR was overshadowed by SF4 arcade in Japan and the imminent release of the console port 3 months later worldwide.
    HDR by Capcom estimates was going to be old news in 3 months so there was no point in supporting it.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans So many games so lil time... Joined: Posts: 537
    edited April 8
    Art direction and animation really maters. If the game was more truthful to the original source material it would had made things better.

The first HD remastered sprite would have aged well than what we have now.
    ryu-sf2-stance.gifoj33gj.giff0efb8c3-7135-490f-8bac-d86a3bcbabd9.gif2DdK48q.gif

Domatenboss from sprite edit

I'm saddened that we're saddled with janky Ryu once again... I honestly thought they'd clean up the HD crap but it is Capcom after all. However I'm glad that they managed to make the OG sprites look better than in HDR. And from what I can hear, the music is pretty solid. Definitely shaping up to me a better game than HDR.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,244
    HDR is awesome, dont know why you guys are bitching...The compress tiers made it so that every character had a chance to actually win in any tournament. Also HDR had the 2nd most entries both years it was available for EVO. I didn't mind the changes too much & im curious too see how the new tech throws changes the game along with the 2 new characters. Just 7 more weeks!
    edited April 8
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    I'm saddened that we're saddled with janky Ryu once again... I honestly thought they'd clean up the HD crap but it is Capcom after all. However I'm glad that they managed to make the OG sprites look better than in HDR. And from what I can hear, the music is pretty solid. Definitely shaping up to me a better game than HDR.

Yeah the new portraits and hud was a nice decision in the visual, I never thought Capcom would do such thing to polish those OG sprites, I just hope in the future Sf2 expansion that those OG character sprites would HD, not replace or even change, They could convert every character sprites into vectors so they could resize and reuse it over and over again for their inevitable future SF2 projects.

It may sounds a impossible for some but it's economical for Capcom because they own the franchise, and it's really possible because other collaborators did.

I remember sometime that it was the image compression that had become the problem/issue on Xbox live because of details and darker shades, but the the other SF2 collaborators manage to create sprites with lesser shades and detail than HDR iteration, while being more faithful to the art direction of the OG sprites than both HDR's presentation sprites and finalized sprites. The thing is they really change art directions not just the body proportion.

LINE SF2 Icons

street-fighter-ii.png

street6.png

Kakao Talk Animated SF2 icons

sf1006.jpg

Goanimate SF collaboration Ken's SF2 stage

maxresdefault.jpg
    While the stage can stay 2D in visual but in 3D in depth by coating 3D models with the OG background sprites as textures or skins.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro

1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
    edited April 9
    I'd just prefer slightly more higher resolution pixel art, around Guilty Gear X or KOF XIII, with Akiman's SSF2 style, rather than full high res drawings or vectors. You lose a lot of the grittiness of SF2 with clean low color artwork, and the lack of frames shows more as we saw with HDR.
    edited April 9
    I'd just prefer slightly more higher resolution pixel art, around Guilty Gear X or KOF XIII, with Akiman's SSF2 style, rather than full high res drawings or vectors. You lose a lot of the grittiness of SF2 with clean low color artwork, and the lack of frames shows more as we saw with HDR.

ryu-sf2-stance.gifoj33gj.gifstreet-fighter-ii.png

They could always keep the OG sprites/Akiman SSF2 style even in vectors, and yes it would lose alot of SF2 grittiness because of the clean low artwork as basis, like the hadouken image above, but Capcom starting with vector then demake it into sprites art is a better idea for longterm purposes than HDR finalized sprite.

17796684_1152927744852800_5270853673425340214_n.jpg?oh=1a69da95d4ce361006d98f3368788d56&oe=5994A3BE
    f0efb8c3-7135-490f-8bac-d86a3bcbabd9.gif2DdK48q.gif

The issue stuff on HDR's skipping visuals of the frames, is a cause by change of body proportions, stiffness and the poorly done.

To fix it they should have make in-between frames redrawn with the correct analogy of physics that compromised with each other on certain areas on the clothes, kinda optical illusion using the correct animation principles like the HDR presentation sprite which is done more fluid and better than the finalized work that seems rush and a quick fix because of Xbox issue.

5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro

1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)

The release timing was bad HDR was overshadowed by SF4 arcade in Japan and the imminent release of the console port 3 months later worldwide.
    HDR by Capcom estimates was going to be old news in 3 months so there was no point in supporting it.

HDR was delayed almost a year IIRC. Even though it released in SF4's shadow, HDR was an absolute success breaking XBLA sales records at the time. What I was trying to get at was if HDR had the full backing of Capcom it would've shipped on time and likely had a better budget for art. I remember Sirlin talking about having to outsource the art that was originally going to be drawn by UDON, which is why we got the cheap stuff it shipped with.
    edited April 9
    @The_Shakunetsu where did you find that clean HDR Ryu sprite by the way? I probably would've played HDR more if it wasn't for the hideous shoto sprites. Sad!!

Anyway, whoever the new animators were totally sacrificed quality for expediency. If the development team was any smarter, they would've pulled a Harada and just released the game until it was truly ready, which is what Christian Svensson basically said and what the fans were hoping for. And how the BS HDR sprites made it into USF2 beats the crap outta me. All I know is I won't be playing that it with the appearance of crap overlaying the game.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,098

I was under the impression Capcom released HDR as a promotional tool for SF4.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited April 9
    I got it in a post in reddit, a link from Sirlin's comment in eventhubs. The source of the was from the animator's website

https://pixlanim8r.wordpress.com/tag/pixel-animation/

I have read somewhere before in an ono interview that it was HDR and SF4 was pushed to development because of Hyper Fighting in XBLA success

5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro

1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
    I got it in a post in reddit, a link from Sirlin's comment in eventhubs. The source of the was from the animator's website

https://pixlanim8r.wordpress.com/tag/pixel-animation/

I have read somewhere before in an ono interview that it was HDR and SF4 was pushed to development because of Hyper Fighting in XBLA success

Oh yeah, I remember now! Everybody was like "yoooooo we gotta buy dat HDR if we wanna see anotha SF gaime!!!" Once HDR fell behind schedule it was curtains. But dang, looking back I really wish HDR could've been pushed out after SFIV dropped so that in between SFIV and SSFIV we could've potentially had a better game. Oh well... At least SFV's gameplay (definitely not the online experience) is better than both them craps. Yeah, also looking back SFIV was crap. Didn't wanna believe it, but when we hadn't had a fresh SF since 99, we gladly ate crap straight from the booty lol.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,290

There's too much hardcore info on SF2 already doubt they'll need any feedback also it's not 90's anymore video game sales in Japan are like %60 lower so you can't blame Capcom going low profile on USF2 they probably don't want to repeat the mistake of over exposing development and changing the game based on some wild community feedback remember the genius that asked for a fake fireball in HDR or the all the pro's that helped in shaping SFV into what it is now !

What's up with you cant die from chip damage unless it's a Critical Art?

Also, is Akuma banned in USF2?
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    At least SFV's gameplay (definitely not the online experience) is better than both them craps.

You are doing the same you did with SFIV back then haha.
    edited April 9
    Well dang, I'mma keep eating SFV booty crap until they fix it lolol! At least I know SFV in certain aspects is booty crap.
    edited April 13
    Some Nintendo Direct trailer

5 from Sf2 and Sf3
    1.) Blanka
    2.) Sagat
    3.) Feilong
    4.) Necro
    5.) Q

5 from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    3.) Sodom
    4.) Haggar

5 from SF4 and cameo SF5
    1.) Viper
    2.) Abel
    3.) Oro

1.) Eagle
    2.) Lee - Drunken master
    4.) Wraith (Slam Master)
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 367
    Some Nintendo Direct trailer

All this tells me is that Guile's going to be top tier like he was in SSFIV 3D Edition.

Rip sig.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,728
    I take it there will be no balance changes aside from throw teching? Because a rebalance would of added more life to the game, imo. ST had been played to death, I just don't really see what this really does for it other than just being available. Nobody who enjoys FGs is ever going to get caught playing with the switch controllers anyway.

The color palette editor is a welcome addition but that's about it for me.

Fuck outta here with evil ryu and pissed off ken being passed as "new characters".
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,098
    I take it there will be no balance changes aside from throw teching? Because a rebalance would of added more life to the game, imo. ST had been played to death, I just don't really see what this really does for it other than just being available. Nobody who enjoys FGs is ever going to get caught playing with the switch controllers anyway.

The color palette editor is a welcome addition but that's about it for me.

Fuck outta here with evil ryu and pissed off ken being passed as "new characters".

Old heads hated HDR because of the new balance. HDR would have lasted longer if there wasn't a huge divide over it.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    HDR would have lasted more if the rebalance was good. Of course you are going to get hate when you put things like headbutts that nullify projectiles, fake fireballs and throw whiffs for Hawk.

I would love to see a more well thought rebalance with ideas from top Japanese players, but it's not going to happen.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,244
    HDR would have lasted more if the rebalance was good. Of course you are going to get hate when you put things like headbutts that nullify projectiles, fake fireballs and throw whiffs for Hawk.

I would love to see a more well thought rebalance with ideas from top Japanese players, but it's not going to happen.

It wouldn't matter...ST snobs would have shun it no matter if they added "so called good rebalance" If its not ST perfect, the ST snobs will poison the well. Too many OG ST players getting their ass handed by new bloods, couldn't take the so called babyzone HDR so they cried/trashed it.
    Or maybe they disliked it because the rebalance was bad and there was no point in playing it over the original. I would switch to USF2 if it improved on ST, but that was not the case with HDR and it doesn't seem to be the case here either.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,028
    Is HDR balance any worse than ST? like t.hawk was punted(even Sirlin said they messed up), but a lot of low tier characters like Gief and Blanka are massively improved, and top tiers got hit.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    rcaido wrote: »
    Or maybe they disliked it because the rebalance was bad and there was no point in playing it over the original. I would switch to USF2 if it improved on ST, but that was not the case with HDR and it doesn't seem to be the case here either.

If that was the case, they should have just went back to GGPO & "play their game" but they didn't. They continue to trash it after they stopped playing the game. Discourage/ridiculed new bloods. The tipping point was when unknown Snakeyes destroyed everyone, they had to use Zangief as broken tier excuse in the same level as Akuma. HDR was an all time high after EVO after Snakeyes won with a super hype grand final. Japanese players started to play it....Then that's when the ST felt threaten & began poisoning the well & next thing you know Mr. Wizard takes it out EVO despite 2years straight having the second most entries.

I went to Northwest Majors this year & not one fucking SF2 setup.

Snake Eyes Zangief win at EVO hit most HDR/ST top players hard and probably was one of top reasons HDR was swept out of the competitive scene. On the mental side they were hurt really bad and it reflected their view towards the game.
    But they should blame themselves most of them supported the weirdo tier list where Zangief was dead last in HDR even with his new buffs guess they truly believed that fake tier list crap and fell into a false sense of confidence until they faced a REAL Zangief player.
    Veserius wrote: »
    Is HDR balance any worse than ST? like t.hawk was punted(even Sirlin said they messed up), but a lot of low tier characters like Gief and Blanka are massively improved, and top tiers got hit.

The overall idea of HDR balance was fixing what was wrong in ST but the additional stuff were somewhat badly implemented like the added juggle stuff, Hawks Typhoon glitch/whiff, Honda's headbutt and all the nonsense fake stuff.
    Otherwise some of the rebalanced stuff weren't really bad.
    edited April 14
    HDR was swept because it was worse than ST, not because Snake eyez won lol. If the rebalance wasn't a randomly put together mess (oh Ryu is a perfect design and needs no changes but hell yeah let's give him a dumb fake fireball for the heck of it!) and it didn't look and sound like garbage we would still be playing it today.

And let's not forget "Akuma is now fair". A good way to sum up how well thought out and executed the rebalance was.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,042
    All this arguing is kind of a moot point. Both scenes have been killed as a result which fucking sucks.

Still, not sure what to think about this game. I would rather buy up actual arcade hardware than try to track down a switch and buy even more arcade sticks.

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,677
    Hey look this is becoming a HDR vs ST thread. I definitely didn't see that coming!
    edited April 14
    Back on point: There's no way in hell the "easy mode" option will be allowed in ranked and lobbys will very likely have an option to enable disable it.
    I take it there will be no balance changes aside from throw teching? Because a rebalance would of added more life to the game, imo. .

Capcom has yet to give us any sort of changelog yet outside of "keeping the balance close to the original". From what we've seen so far, the balance changes are almost exactly what capcom did to the Dreamcast version (i.e. bug fixes: reversal supers work for ken/sim/sagat, no stored super for chun and honda, no stored ochio for honda).

Honestly balance is likely going out the window with Akuma/E.Ryu/V.Ken anyway. There was no need to at least get rid of the stored properties for chun and honda.

HDR also woulda lasted longer if it didn't look like booty crap.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,021
    Do you guys think Ultra SFII tournaments will be a thing at major events?

AFAIK the Switch is kinda a pain to setup for streaming, and beyond that you need a way to hook up two sticks via USB, and to my knowledge there aren't any converters for the Switch yet (which means you need to use the native accessories or use the Pro pad)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,173
    Back on point: There's no way in hell the "easy mode" option will be allowed in ranked and lobbys will very likely have an option to enable disable it.
    I take it there will be no balance changes aside from throw teching? Because a rebalance would of added more life to the game, imo. .

Capcom has yet to give us any sort of changelog yet outside of "keeping the balance close to the original". From what we've seen so far, the balance changes are almost exactly what capcom did to the Dreamcast version (i.e. bug fixes: reversal supers work for ken/sim/sagat, no stored super for chun and honda, no stored ochio for honda).

Honestly balance is likely going out the window with Akuma/E.Ryu/V.Ken anyway. There was no need to at least get rid of the stored properties for chun and honda.

The stored supers were a stupid glitch and definitely needed to go. That's the type of change that needed to happen with HDR.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    They need to go if there's a good balance change to go along with the bugfixes. Otherwise it's a bad decision, Sim would be even stronger with reversal super and Honda even worse without stored super and Oicho.