Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

12346»

Comments

• studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,070
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    to my knowledge there aren't any converters for the Switch yet (which means you need to use the native accessories or use the Pro pad)

The Brook converter guys already are looking into it.

ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,042
    Yes, buying a switch is already bad enough. If I gotta buy two to play this game competitively, I'm more than likely out.

Yes, buying a switch is already bad enough. If I gotta buy two to play this game competitively, I'm more than likely out.

I struggled with that too. If Brook doesn't have a solution ready for USF2 that means a $300 switch and a $150 arcade stick just to play the damn game properly.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,970
    It's gonna suck, save yourself the money.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

I feel compelled to support SF2. If we don't Capcom will probably never re-release SF2 era games again.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,970
    I own like 5 versions of SFII. I'm fine with that.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,139

I feel compelled to support SF2. If we don't Capcom will probably never re-release SF2 era games again.

And this is the kind of mentality Capcom is banking on you having so that you will buy their mediocre products. Lol.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,042

I struggled with that too. If Brook doesn't have a solution ready for USF2 that means a $300 switch and a $150 arcade stick just to play the damn game properly.

2 switches plus sticks would probably cost more than one legit ST board lolol.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,098
    Do you not plan on playing the game on a TV or monitor to need more than one Switch?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,484
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    Hmmm... so Sagat now has SFIV's V/A? I wonder if it was a straight sample swap, or if you can choose which one you want for the different chars...
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,292
    edited April 18
    rcaido wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Or maybe they disliked it because the rebalance was bad and there was no point in playing it over the original. I would switch to USF2 if it improved on ST, but that was not the case with HDR and it doesn't seem to be the case here either.

If that was the case, they should have just went back to GGPO & "play their game" but they didn't. They continue to trash it after they stopped playing the game. Discourage/ridiculed new bloods. The tipping point was when unknown Snakeyes destroyed everyone, they had to use Zangief as broken tier excuse in the same level as Akuma. HDR was an all time high after EVO after Snakeyes won with a super hype grand final. Japanese players started to play it....Then that's when the ST felt threaten & began poisoning the well & next thing you know Mr. Wizard takes it out EVO despite 2years straight having the second most entries.

I went to Northwest Majors this year & not one fucking SF2 setup.

I missed it. I did check out Redbull Proving Grounds a week before. Would you do thenSF5 doubles in May? Or do you know anyone that wants a team mate?
    Back on point: There's no way in hell the "easy mode" option will be allowed in ranked and lobbys will very likely have an option to enable disable it.
    I take it there will be no balance changes aside from throw teching? Because a rebalance would of added more life to the game, imo. .

Capcom has yet to give us any sort of changelog yet outside of "keeping the balance close to the original". From what we've seen so far, the balance changes are almost exactly what capcom did to the Dreamcast version (i.e. bug fixes: reversal supers work for ken/sim/sagat, no stored super for chun and honda, no stored ochio for honda).

Honestly balance is likely going out the window with Akuma/E.Ryu/V.Ken anyway. There was no need to at least get rid of the stored properties for chun and honda.

The stored supers were a stupid glitch and definitely needed to go. That's the type of change that needed to happen with HDR.

It's funny because Claw has a stored super glitch in CVS2 as well. It's after he loses his claw and such...

EDIT: we still haven't seen whether or not Akuma is ST broken...

What's everyone's thoughts on Evil Ryu and Orochi Iori in CVS2? I mean, no codes required so why bam them?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,027
    edited April 18
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Hmmm... so Sagat now has SFIV's V/A? I wonder if it was a straight sample swap, or if you can choose which one you want for the different chars...

Every SFII character got their voice samples replaced by SFIV ones. They do switch to old voices if you choose the classic mode AFAIK
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    What's everyone's thoughts on Evil Ryu and Orochi Iori in CVS2? I mean, no codes required so why bam them?

My CvS2 knowledge is shaky, but IIRC Orochi Iori/God Rugal/Shin Akuma are banned from most tournaments. USF2 is going to have to be played for awhile to determine what's broke. HDR was out for awhile before Damdai showed everyone why HDR Akuma should be axed.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans So many games so lil time... Joined: Posts: 537

I really appreciate the remixed music having plenty of the old elements of the CPS2 music. Half the tracks get me thinking that they intended the CPS2 tracks to sound like many of the remixes. I appreciate them! Much better than HDR's tracks (but those were cool for their time too).

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,927
    I really dislike the remixes, they lack the energy of the originals and don't sound like they belong in a fighting game where the music should pump you up and inspire a feeling of, well, fighting.
    Cronopio wrote: »
    I really dislike the remixes, they lack the energy of the originals and don't sound like they belong in a fighting game where the music should pump you up and inspire a feeling of, well, fighting.

I agree. I typically like OC Remix's stuff but the HDR music lacked punch.
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,474
    So at least we have that, the soundtrack is decent
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,927
    edited April 19
    They should just have included the old 3DO or PC arranges and call it a day, they were much better than these.
    Post edited by Cronopio on
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 790
    I really hate the announcer in this Game, Even in HDR

Love the announcer im Super SFII

12346»