Nioh - PC Complete Edition out now - no mouse support?

Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese....Joined: Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited November 9 in General Discussion
Surprised that there is no thread about this game............

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/nioh-ps4/

The game is out now!


Post edited by Geese Pants on
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske
«13456711

Comments

  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    I'm really gonna try and get those marks this weekend, but holy shit did the first Beta whoop my ass something fierce.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll probably put 500 hours in this game
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This game looks hype AF. I need something to fill my Dark Souls itch.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,370
    I was tempted but TBH I find half the fun of the Souls games are building and developing my characters so being stuck as Sam there isn't really doing it for me atm.

    Well that and when I tried the demo I ended up futility running around with a broken sword that did fuck all damage because I had nothing else to use and no way to repair it.

    I'll try the trial again to see if I can get into it but dunno.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    DAY ONE BAYBEE





    Iduno wrote: »
    I was tempted but TBH I find half the fun of the Souls games are building and developing my characters so being stuck as Sam there isn't really doing it for me atm.

    Well that and when I tried the demo I ended up futility running around with a broken sword that did fuck all damage because I had nothing else to use and no way to repair it.

    I'll try the trial again to see if I can get into it but dunno.

    Weapon degradation got removed after the first beta.

    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

    Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    I want to play this game so much, but my brother is always on the PS4, and I have to do work and school full time now.

    FML
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,847
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    affinity wrote: »
    Dark Souls has character creation, playable female characters, multitude of classes, among other things. Dark Souls this is not.

    Melee, caster and ranged.

    All things you can do in Nioh to some degree.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

    Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 21
    affinity wrote: »
    Dark Souls has character creation, playable female characters, multitude of classes, among other things. Dark Souls this is not.

    Play the game. The menus, the type of combat (not the systems themselves), the way you use, equip, and select items, weapons and armor, the stats and even how they are organized on the stay screen, the soul-like currency called amrita, the co-op multiplayer in which you join another player in their world, etc. etc. etc.

    They aren't the same and Nioh has A LOT going for it that's unique, but it IS a lot like Dark Souls and they themselves have started it's influence, which isn't even necessary because the heavy influence is extremely obvious

    Also, Dark Souls doesn't have classes, it has builds, which guess what, this game has too. You can do STR, SKL, Magic, DEX(which is ninjutsu in this game), heck because of how scaling weapons work you can probably even HP/KI/STM gouge builds
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    edited January 21
    Game is very much like Souls...like at least 50%.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dark souls has classes in name only since they don't really give you anything unique. A dark souls with classes that have real class features would be so baller.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Game is tits. I got to the Tengu and got stomped a few times but I eventually got him. Most fun fight I've had so far. Games very fun.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Except the part where youre forced to fight the lesser enemies which is going to make this game shit for speed running.

    Also the enemies are gank happy and they can run just as fast at the main character, its going to be a lot of nasty frustrating stunlocked moments.

    I enjoyed the demo, but game still feels busted even on regular difficulty, not hard just kinda busted. Regular enemies in the demo are so overwhelming I dunno what their thought process is on that if you dont have the tools to do crowd control.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    edited January 21
    Man I don't give a shit about speed running. Very few games are fun to speed run, most of the time it's boring as shit.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    affinity wrote: »
    Dark Souls has character creation, playable female characters, multitude of classes, among other things. Dark Souls this is not.

    :rolleyes:
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    angelpalm wrote: »
    This cracker wannabe so angry that games have females the like that he will never touch irl...........damn son, take it easy!!!!


    It's just a game. I heard in gta you can kill hookers and not go to jail if that makes you happy?!

    what are you on about? Are you mad that it doesn't have furry playable characters too?
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,258
    ah the Edo Period takes place after all of this shit goes down so this title doesn't make much sense.
    Except the part where youre forced to fight the lesser enemies which is going to make this game shit for speed running.

    Also the enemies are gank happy and they can run just as fast at the main character, its going to be a lot of nasty frustrating stunlocked moments.

    I enjoyed the demo, but game still feels busted even on regular difficulty, not hard just kinda busted. Regular enemies in the demo are so overwhelming I dunno what their thought process is on that if you dont have the tools to do crowd control.

    you can avoid most enemies using the ninjustu skills. stop trying to run past everyone and try sneaking.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    This cracker wannabe so angry that games have females the like that he will never touch irl...........damn son, take it easy!!!!


    It's just a game. I heard in gta you can kill hookers and not go to jail if that makes you happy?!

    what are you on about? Are you mad that it doesn't have furry playable characters too?

    Try harder coconut.........maybe after we get to the world of ruin someone will find you funny. Of course they will die because they won't be high enough level(levels equal money in this game) to survive but oh well. That just means they were scum right?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 214
    The game gives you a ton of options dealing with enemies. If you feel the gang bang is coming when multiple enemies are running after you just use the skill where William (main character) can throw caltops the spiky things on the ground then they will get stunned. Don't know why the game doesn't explain the ninjitsu and magic in the tutorial, oh well
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    edited January 21
    angelpalm wrote: »
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    This cracker wannabe so angry that games have females the like that he will never touch irl...........damn son, take it easy!!!!


    It's just a game. I heard in gta you can kill hookers and not go to jail if that makes you happy?!

    what are you on about? Are you mad that it doesn't have furry playable characters too?

    Try harder coconut.........maybe after we get to the world of ruin someone will find you funny. Of course they will die because they won't be high enough level(levels equal money in this game) to survive but oh well. That just means they were scum right?

    so i'm a coconut because??

    because you say so. I'm sure the word of the resident black racist must carry a lot of weight. Maybe you should stop being butthurt and feigning like the SJW you are so desperately trying to be. Its almost embarrassing, but its mostly sad that you behave much like the white supremacists you seem to hate so so much.

    replace cracker with I love My Little Pony so much it hurts [insert n word here] and you'll notice that you're only one step removed from the the trailer trash that you seem to be so angry against.

    but please carry on, seeing you get a hard on because some random white girl got kicked in the face by some shit head that was black, while you complain about all the "supposed" racism really makes for quality facebook/4chan tier entertainment
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Shut the fuck up.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    fair enough.

    __

    I saw my brother play the game, and the sickle and chain weapon looks pretty damn cool.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

    Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah the sickle and chain is freaking awesome, but honestly every weapon is really sweet and has really cool stuff they can do.

    This game is probably going to replace or at least tie with Bloodborne for me
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Except the part where youre forced to fight the lesser enemies which is going to make this game shit for speed running.

    Also the enemies are gank happy and they can run just as fast at the main character, its going to be a lot of nasty frustrating stunlocked moments.

    I enjoyed the demo, but game still feels busted even on regular difficulty, not hard just kinda busted. Regular enemies in the demo are so overwhelming I dunno what their thought process is on that if you dont have the tools to do crowd control.

    So what if it's shit for speed running, that's not the intended way to play most games. And if you're not having fun fighting the regular enemies your either still learning how to play or the game just isn't for you. Heck, this is ANOTHER aspect that is very Dark Souls, that even mob enemies are lethal

    Most enemy encounters let you kite one enemy at a time

    You absolutely have the tools for crowd control with every weapon. That's what all the stances are for. And of course, some weapons do it better than others, but they all have ways of either hitting multiple targets or hit and run. It's true you can't be as aggressive with multiple targets around but it's totally manageable once you get a hang of the systems

    Look...yall compared it to Dark Souls lol. I didnt. Yall did.

    And its not. You cant speed run, and it forces you to fight low level enemies.

    Dark Souls whole community is built around speed runs, boss runs, pvp.

    Nioh has none of that. So ppl will play it for a little, but dont compare this to that, its not nearly as polished as DS.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Except the part where youre forced to fight the lesser enemies which is going to make this game shit for speed running.

    Also the enemies are gank happy and they can run just as fast at the main character, its going to be a lot of nasty frustrating stunlocked moments.

    I enjoyed the demo, but game still feels busted even on regular difficulty, not hard just kinda busted. Regular enemies in the demo are so overwhelming I dunno what their thought process is on that if you dont have the tools to do crowd control.

    So what if it's shit for speed running, that's not the intended way to play most games. And if you're not having fun fighting the regular enemies your either still learning how to play or the game just isn't for you. Heck, this is ANOTHER aspect that is very Dark Souls, that even mob enemies are lethal

    Most enemy encounters let you kite one enemy at a time

    You absolutely have the tools for crowd control with every weapon. That's what all the stances are for. And of course, some weapons do it better than others, but they all have ways of either hitting multiple targets or hit and run. It's true you can't be as aggressive with multiple targets around but it's totally manageable once you get a hang of the systems

    Look...yall compared it to Dark Souls lol. I didnt. Yall did.

    And its not. You cant speed run, and it forces you to fight low level enemies.

    Dark Souls whole community is built around speed runs, boss runs, pvp.

    Nioh has none of that. So ppl will play it for a little, but dont compare this to that, its not nearly as polished as DS.
    I ran past a bunch of enemies last night, dunno what you talkin about.

    No the Souls community is not built around speed running, it's built around PVE, PVP, and lore discussion, speed running is a small subset of the Souls community. PVP is probably the biggest part of the community and probably the reason the games have such longevity with the vast majority of players.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 22
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Except the part where youre forced to fight the lesser enemies which is going to make this game shit for speed running.

    Also the enemies are gank happy and they can run just as fast at the main character, its going to be a lot of nasty frustrating stunlocked moments.

    I enjoyed the demo, but game still feels busted even on regular difficulty, not hard just kinda busted. Regular enemies in the demo are so overwhelming I dunno what their thought process is on that if you dont have the tools to do crowd control.

    So what if it's shit for speed running, that's not the intended way to play most games. And if you're not having fun fighting the regular enemies your either still learning how to play or the game just isn't for you. Heck, this is ANOTHER aspect that is very Dark Souls, that even mob enemies are lethal

    Most enemy encounters let you kite one enemy at a time

    You absolutely have the tools for crowd control with every weapon. That's what all the stances are for. And of course, some weapons do it better than others, but they all have ways of either hitting multiple targets or hit and run. It's true you can't be as aggressive with multiple targets around but it's totally manageable once you get a hang of the systems

    Look...yall compared it to Dark Souls lol. I didnt. Yall did.

    And its not. You cant speed run, and it forces you to fight low level enemies.

    Dark Souls whole community is built around speed runs, boss runs, pvp.

    Nioh has none of that. So ppl will play it for a little, but dont compare this to that, its not nearly as polished as DS.

    Yeah, I compared them because there are tons of comparisons that I already listed that are true. If you play the game you can see them. The other reason, that I also already stated it's that the developers themselves have cited Dark Souls influence. And the last reason is that it's just obvious.

    You are actually wrong. You CAN run past enemies. Lower equip burden does many things. It makes your run faster, makes it consume less stamina over time, and makes it recover faster. Plus there are skills that can make you invisible and undetectable. You absolutely can run through areas quickly and you are never FORCED to fight enemies. They have limited aggro range. Now, because there are many narrow passages it may be true that it's difficult to do that, but it can be done.

    Yeah and all 3 of those things are possible in this game.

    I'm not comparing a community, I'm comparing the actual game itself, YOU brought up speed running. As for the issue of polish, I don't know what to say other than you're blinded by the fact that you don't like some aspects of the game
  • JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,680
    Well Gasa, you weren't wrong about Demon's/Dark Souls, I was just several years late. Might as well give this a shot now.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JGreen wrote: »
    Well Gasa, you weren't wrong about Demon's/Dark Souls, I was just several years late. Might as well give this a shot now.

    That happened to all of us bro lol
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    I dunno what demo you guys played. You can not run past the parts where there are seals on the doors. Literally forcing you to kill all the enemies in that area to proceed.

    Splitting hairs just wont work here. The game isnt even out and youre leveling it up to be on par with Fromsoft titles, and its just not that.

    I said it wasnt like Dark Souls because its not. Everyones calling it Dark Souls in japan, and the only similarity to DS is that you are punished for dying. I already said this maybe you skipped over that part.



    I dunno why youre so argumentative. You should chill out.
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,078
    The Nagi-kusarigama is TOO good. They keep it like this in the retail game and I'm building my character around that weapon :rofl:
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 22
    I dunno what demo you guys played. You can not run past the parts where there are seals on the doors. Literally forcing you to kill all the enemies in that area to proceed.

    Splitting hairs just wont work here. The game isnt even out and youre leveling it up to be on par with Fromsoft titles, and its just not that.

    I said it wasnt like Dark Souls because its not. Everyones calling it Dark Souls in japan, and the only similarity to DS is that you are punished for dying. I already said this maybe you skipped over that part.



    I dunno why youre so argumentative. You should chill out.

    The are no doors that are sealed in DMC style, you just have to find the key. Every demo had been like this. I can even get video evidence if you like

    I'm actually saying it's better in some ways in my opinion

    What? I already listed a ton of ways they are similar, you're accusing me of not reading but how did you miss the part where I listed all the comparisons



    I'm correcting your mistakes, and I'll keep doing it until you are right
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Ok, those side misisons with the optional boss fights must be a figment of my imagination. Because its no key and you cant pass until everything is dead.

    You're not proving anyone wrong here because I never actually disagreed with the comparisons to DS, I said its not like DS just because of the similarities. Yeah it pulls lots of elements but this game isnt even INTENDED to be focused on PvP, specific character builds, deep lore (not using pre existing actual history) and boss running. So its not DS. You sound like a writer from IGN claiming that any 3rd person action adventure is similar to Dark Souls because theres no free continue.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    edited January 22

    Splitting hairs just wont work here. The game isnt even out and youre leveling it up to be on par with Fromsoft titles, and its just not that.
    The game isn't even out yet and your passing your own judgment on it.

    Hypocrite.
    Ok, those side misisons with the optional boss fights must be a figment of my imagination. Because its no key and you cant pass until everything is dead.

    You're not proving anyone wrong here because I never actually disagreed with the comparisons to DS, I said its not like DS just because of the similarities. Yeah it pulls lots of elements but this game isnt even INTENDED to be focused on PvP, specific character builds, deep lore (not using pre existing actual history) and boss running. So its not DS. You sound like a writer from IGN claiming that any 3rd person action adventure is similar to Dark Souls because theres no free continue.
    Those are side missions, if you're speed running then you will be avoiding them.

    Souls isn't ended to be focused on PVP either, it's an option you never have to partake in. Souls isn't based around specific builds either. You have no idea where the lore in this game goes, you are making an assumption and arbitrarily saying it being based on real events is a disqualifier when it's not.

    He never claimed any 3rd person action game is like Souls, that's you grasping at straws because each post you make your position falls more and more apart.

    Besides it's a fucking thread title, you're making a mountain out a fucking mole hill. So dumb.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Dude, I have no hangups about being wrong.

    If this game has better lore and design than Dark Souls I'll eat those words.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 22
    Ok, those side misisons with the optional boss fights must be a figment of my imagination. Because its no key and you cant pass until everything is dead.

    You're not proving anyone wrong here because I never actually disagreed with the comparisons to DS, I said its not like DS just because of the similarities. Yeah it pulls lots of elements but this game isnt even INTENDED to be focused on PvP, specific character builds, deep lore (not using pre existing actual history) and boss running. So its not DS. You sound like a writer from IGN claiming that any 3rd person action adventure is similar to Dark Souls because theres no free continue.

    Uh, yeah of course if you include those, but those are side mission, what speed run includes side missions unless they are specifically doing 100% runs? Heck, most DkS speed runs, if not any% are all bosses so that already includes fighting.

    PvP I agree on since that's coming at a later date; specific character builds ARE a thing in this game actually; Lore, yeah I agree; not sure what you mean by boss running, but if you mean doing an all bosses speed run why would that not be possible in this game? Heck, the example you gave of the side mission that proceeds room to room doesn't even have a boss in it so even if that was the category you could skip it.

    I'm not saying it's the exact fucking same, I'm not saying "IT IS DS" nor did I ever say that, what I said was this:
    They aren't the same and Nioh has A LOT going for it that's unique, but it IS a lot like Dark Souls and they themselves have started it's influence, which isn't even necessary because the heavy influence is extremely obvious

    But they absolutely have a ton of obvious similarities. I never even stated the death mechanics in my list, but actually, now that you bring it up, even the Guardian Spirit system emulates the Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2 and 3 penalties for dying where you have reduced stats.

    The greatest differences in the games are the world vs mission structure, the straight narrative instead of background lore, and the vastly different combat system. But that doesn't mean they don't have a fucking ton of similarites, and even with the combat differences the actual gameflow is VERY similar in that every encounter is a dangerous one and the player character is not crazy broken and has to play methodically.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Yall are typing entirely too much. Lets just wait another month to see how much better this is than Dark Souls since youre so convinced.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yall are typing entirely too much. Lets just wait another month to see how much better this is than Dark Souls since youre so convinced.

    And you're not reading enough. I even quoted myself. I don't think this game is Dark Souls, but it is similar, there are definitely real connections, and PERSONALLY, NOT OBJECTIVELY, I feel I'm going to enjoy this game even more than I ever enjoyed a Souls game because of the heavier combat emphasis
«13456711