Nioh - PC Complete Edition out now - no mouse support?

15678911»

Comments

• GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Azure wrote: »
    So... is it any good?

Like, good enough to pull away from farming UVHM ~ OP8 ish for my toons in BL2?

I love loot.

Uh, is the game any good? Yeah it's fucking amazing wtf lol
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,744
    steam wont let me get to the store page for the game.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,823
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,144
    Was going to play this, but thankfully I read that it doesn't have mouse support beforehand. What a crap port.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there some reason not having mouse support matters when the game was designed for pad anyway? All you would use it is for menus right? Or am I wrong?
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Is there some reason not having mouse support matters when the game was designed for pad anyway? All you would use it is for menus right? Or am I wrong?

Imagine if Nioh was released on the PS4 without pad support. It's bad for a game to not support the primary input device of the platform it's on. Don't take the option away for people that want to go KB&M for the game.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,464
    Playing Nioh with KB+M would just hurt the experience. I can't even wrap my head around as to how you are supposed to use the mouse anyway.

angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Playing Nioh with KB+M would just hurt the experience. I can't even wrap my head around as to how you are supposed to use the mouse anyway.

How will it hurt the experience? I can easily imagine how the game would play on a mouse. Left and right click would be the attack buttons, mouse wheel for weapon switching, and camera control. If you a mouse with extra buttons like me then map a few other things on there like stance switching.
    Nah it would be a clusterfuck of a mess. You have 2 sidemenus for healing/ninpo too. Also if i remember the controls right there were a few actual button combinations for a couple of things. Sure a keyboard is filled with buttons, but that would end up with you trying to control the game rather than playing it.

I agree more options are always better...
    But in the case of this game i 100% agree with their decision to not support KB+M.

The same way people play FPS games with KB+M... You play Nioh with a DS4.
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    It wouldn't be a clusterfuck. A proper port would have no need for button combinations. Whatever function that needs two or more buttons can be assigned to one. Keyboards and Mice ain't limited when comes to buttons like a controller. This will only be an issue if your not use playing on a KB&M and it's safe to say that the people who are upset about this will not have that issue.

I wouldn't play this game with a KB&M I'm 100% against it not having mouse support. It's inexcusable for any game to not support the primary input device of the platform it's on. That's like releasing a game on PS4 that doesn't support the DS4.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,935
    Well the reviews are now mostly positive so maybe the port wasn't bad? Who has gotten the game already? I might buy it this weekend.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 9
    Seems like some of the optimization is hit or miss, but for the most part, the port seems to have been well received. Gonna stick to my PS4 copy though, especially since I recently picked up a PS4 Pro and can now play the game 1080p 60fps.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,873
    Playing with my friend and it it seems fine if your PC is decent, my friends GPU is weaker than mine with a GTX1060 and says he gets 60 fps at max settings 1080p 95% of the time and some drops to 55-58 sometimes in the 5-6 hours we played.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It wouldn't be a clusterfuck. A proper port would have no need for button combinations. Whatever function that needs two or more buttons can be assigned to one. Keyboards and Mice ain't limited when comes to buttons like a controller. This will only be an issue if your not use playing on a KB&M and it's safe to say that the people who are upset about this will not have that issue.

I wouldn't play this game with a KB&M I'm 100% against it not having mouse support. It's inexcusable for any game to not support the primary input device of the platform it's on. That's like releasing a game on PS4 that doesn't support the DS4.

So umm, why can't you use a program to mimic the buttons on a gamepad with the kb/m? Sure the game could have come with that option directly, but there are plenty of ways to work around the issue. Don't be lazy. Honestly it'd be less time getting the program and assigning the keys than it would be to bitch about it on this topic.
  • SonicabidSonicabid What's wrong with- Joined: Posts: 12,263

Yeah, no mouse support doesn't make any sense. Third-person action games and the Souls series play great with KB+M.

Is the PS4 version getting a physical release with all the added DLC? If it does I'll be picking it up again. @ExposedD Does the Dark Souls III re-release come with all of the extra DLC on-disc or is it a download code?

So umm, why can't you use a program to mimic the buttons on a gamepad with the kb/m? Sure the game could have come with that option directly, but there are plenty of ways to work around the issue. Don't be lazy. Honestly it'd be less time getting the program and assigning the keys than it would be to bitch about it on this topic.

It's not about being lazy, it's a PC game that's missing something that should be there by default. No one should have to buy a PC game and question if basic controls are present.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,278

It's not about being lazy, it's a PC game that's missing something that should be there by default. No one should have to buy a PC game and question if basic controls are present.

I agree with this 100% whilst still being that dude who gonna plug in a 360 pad and go to town.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    @Sonicabid "fire fades" edt aka the re-release comes with all dlc
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are there any black Friday deals for the PS4 vanilla edition?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

It is lazy, on both the part of you the user who doesn't want to do a simple work around that pad players have had to deal with for decades while gaming on the PC, and on the people who ported the game and didn't supply basic kb/m support.

It is lazy, on both the part of you the user who doesn't want to do a simple work around that pad players have had to deal with for decades while gaming on the PC, and on the people who ported the game and didn't supply basic kb/m support.

You would honestly buy PC software that doesn't have any functionality for it's primary input device? I'm not going to give my money to Koei who couldn't be bothered to have the essentials.
    edited November 10
    Wasn't that the case for Guitar Hero? Aside from that, your solution is still a free input remapper software that you are too lazy to search for.
    @Dangerous J
    According to the CheapAssGamer thread Wal-Mart will have the vanilla version for $20 on Black Friday.
    https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365083-black-friday-2017-the-epic-master-thread/
    Wasn't that the case for Guitar Hero? Aside from that, your solution is still a free input remapper software that you are too lazy to search for.

My solution is to not buy a shit port.
    So laziness then. Don't fault the developer for your own laziness
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,068
    Welp...
    More-or-less made a full 'Susano' Grace set, w/ Yasakani Magatama assist if need be.

Hmm...
    Maybe I'll remake the armor set/pieces with Inherit slots so I can put "ATTACK + X" on everything, lol.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    edited November 12
    Tried playing Beyond Good and Evil on PC. Turns out it has no controller support at all. None, not even a mod.

So I uninstalled and deleted the shit. So I understand how keyboard warriors feel about this with this game. K+M to play this sounds like dog shit to me, but it should still be an option. A crappy one but an option none the less.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tried playing Beyond Good and Evil on PC. Turns out it has no controller support at all. None, not even a mod.

So I uninstalled and deleted the shit. So I understand how keyboard warriors feel about this with this game. K+M to play this sounds like dog shit to me, but it should still be an option. A crappy one but an option none the less.

Did you see the following on the steam forums?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/15130/discussions/0/882960797640484159/
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,339
    edited November 13
    Mouse and keyboard is pretty good for soul games. If you're playing on a PC you at least have like a mouse with 2 extra mouse buttons minimum and if you don't you probably should. More than enough binds to handle these games comfortably and you get more comfortable camera control as a trade off for WASD 8 directional movement vs analog.

HOWEVER. Keyboard by itself is like... why? I saw those binds for Keyboard only. You had attacks bound to like J, I, K, L and camera controls bound to shit like U for camera up and N for camera down, H for camera left and the best part...

; for camera right

???

Look at this atrocity

Dfnvhv1.jpg

Blue is camera

and my favorite that i just noticed now... "short cut" is all right way to the right on arrow keys.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,278
    owattjacob wrote: »
    Mouse and keyboard is pretty good for soul games. If you're playing on a PC you at least have like a mouse with 2 extra mouse buttons minimum and if you don't you probably should. More than enough binds to handle these games comfortably and you get more comfortable camera control as a trade off for WASD 8 directional movement vs analog.

HOWEVER. Keyboard by itself is like... why? I saw those binds for Keyboard only. You had attacks bound to like J, I, K, L and camera controls bound to shit like U for camera up and N for camera down, H for camera left and the best part...

; for camera right

???

Look at this atrocity

Dfnvhv1.jpg

Blue is camera

and my favorite that i just noticed now... "short cut" is all right way to the right on arrow keys.

Ew.

I'm a Southpaw, so everything of note is pretty much bound to the number pad area, with map, items, character etc screens bound to ins, home, page up, page down, and end, with del getting hotkey'd to function as esc.

Sucks that most games won't let you hotkey at will.

It makes it damned difficult for a lefty, what with the number pad enter key and 5 never being bind-able.

Third Party software is my friend.

And the only other reason I would ever use Razer kit, beyond the fact that they actually have a selection of Southpaw mice.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    J-ride wrote: »

Did you see the following on the steam forums?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/15130/discussions/0/882960797640484159/
    Yea Ive fucked with all those programs in the past. It's a pain in the ass and I don't want to deal with it, especially in a game that originally had controller support since its a damn console port.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
15678911»