Nioh - PC Complete Edition out now - no mouse support?

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    edited January 22
    Dude, I have no hangups about being wrong.

If this game has better lore and design than Dark Souls I'll eat those words.
    Its not about you eating your words, it's about you criticizing us for judging a game based on its demo while you are doing the exact samme thing.
    Yall are typing entirely too much. Lets just wait another month to see how much better this is than Dark Souls since youre so convinced.
    Pfft your the one who made the quality comparisons.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yall are typing entirely too much. Lets just wait another month to see how much better this is than Dark Souls since youre so convinced.

Wait.............who said this was better than Dark Souls?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Wait.............who said this was better than Dark Souls?

I said I think I'll like it more than Dark Souls, that's the closest ANYONE had said to that
    edited January 22
    If you like it more than Dark Souls............that shouldn't be an issue.
    That's your preference.

I made the reference to Dark Souls on the title because a lot of people were already comparing it to Dark Souls...........and I did too when I first saw NioH.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    edited January 22

Its not about you eating your words, it's about you criticizing us for judging a game based on its demo while you are doing the exact samme thing.
    Youre acting as if I'm judging the game on something thats going to change. I said the enemies gank, they run too fast, there are pieces where youre forced to fight and that makes it very **not** like a souls game.

Yall just want to argue about nothing. Like its really not an argument here.

I said it wasnt really like a soul game and then you went on this whole spiel trying to defend that. I realize the game isnt out, so I thought I was addressing things that obviously wouldnt change lol.
    edited January 22
    Souls has Ganks, DSII is comprised of mostly ganks dude. He'll most npc invasions in every souls game is a gank.

People are on your ass about this because most of what you have said isn't true, or don't line up with your claim its not like Souls. Even the developers themselves claim heavy inspuration.

Youre acting as if I'm judging the game on something thats going to change. I said the enemies gank, they run too fast, there are pieces where youre forced to fight and that makes it very **not** like a souls game.

Yall just want to argue about nothing. Like its really not an argument here.

I said it wasnt really like a soul game and then you went on this whole spiel trying to defend that. I realize the game isnt out, so I thought I was addressing things that obviously wouldnt change lol.

Enemies AREN'T too fast, you CAN outrun them, just equip less armor like I said. The only places you are forced to fight are side missions and bosses, and guess what, Dark Souls has side missions like NPC quests that require fighting enemies and bosses
    edited January 22
    Souls has Ganks, DSII is comprised of mostly ganks dude. He'll mostNov invasions in every souls game is a gank.

People are on your ads about this because most of what you have said isn't true, or don't line up with your claim its not like Souls.

Yeah those ninja enemies, theres no answer for them on a 1v4 its slightly over-leveled. But its cool. You want to argue I'll be back in here when the game comes out.

Still confused as to why the both of you are so bitter and angry on a discussion board.
    Neither of us are bitter or angry, you're projecting.

Outrunning enemies. I take a safety save and I still die to the boss, but the point is that you can outrun enemies. The ninjas you mentioned aren't an exception if you play with light armor and even more so if you have speed up guardians or equipment on.

I just don't put up with people being factually, provably wrong and deciding to stay that way
    Sorry man. I just dont get why youre always at my fucking throat. If its something I did please message me in private about it I cant deal with every post I make having simple conversation youre really busting my balls over the stupidest shit.

I respect what you have to say please give me the same in return. I can handle a disagreement.
    edited January 22
    I'm not at your throat, I'm trying to get you to see that you were wrong. I just posted proof even.
    edited January 22
    Nobody is at your throat, grow a thicker skin.
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,789
    my "speedrun" of the first level. Would've been much quicker had I remembered where the key was.

{]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 214
    Im pretty sure in the retail version they will improve some of the bosses including the first one if she stays. Once you stay in close range and move to the sides to avoid her close up claw slam move she pretty much can't touch you and the fight is easy
    Pretty much, the only thing that can mess you up is her jump because the vertical hit box is a bit iffy or sometimes the the way she jumps can skew your dodge, but other than that yeah she's not bad at all.

edited February 4

Nioh opening movie...........may contain some spoilers.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    3 daysssssssssss
    PAL release date is on the 8th.

THIS IS TRUE SUFFERING

• ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,464
    Just preordered. Was looking around 5-6 different places and only one place had a preorder bonus. A red samurai armor.

Meh. I'll take it
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 214
    edited February 4
    *channels inner samurai spirit* yes i am ready....CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    this is the preorder bonus

ds_147033.jpg
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    I didn't even bother looking for pre-order bonuses, I just need the game inside me.

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    edited February 7
    So Amazon is sold out of Nioh

Team Ninja getting <3 like it is the mid 00s
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • SevansSevans Top Tier. Joined: Posts: 615
    Guess I'm gonna have to pick this shit up; looks pretty tight.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,386
    Second boss (excluding the tutorial boss) is fucking bullshit. :mad:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,430
    ExposedD wrote: »
    Fact that some of you are already playing this pisses me off.

:angry:

Fucking hate these SRK GD scumbags. I'm just planning on finishing Dark Souls 3 and Mad Max first. Then I'll kill Martian and these frauds.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 549

I was finally able to beat that like 20 minutes ago.... oh my god
    Deathology wrote: »

I was finally able to beat that like 20 minutes ago.... oh my god

Went back and grinded on one of the first side missions a few times. Time to smoke and see if I can take her on at level 30, I guess...

Ninjutsu and Magic add sooooo much to this game. The depth of the combat is so addictive, I've just been experimenting for hours. My build is slowly turning into a Scythe-wielding poison ninja.

With magic fire blades. :cool:

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,246
    i can beat the second boss with my eyes closed its the Onryoki thats always driven me nuts and this time was no different.

Hinoema can't catch you if you run and equipping any sort of paralysis defense means it goes from one hit to two hit proc.
    Speak of the devil, I just bought a Ninjutsu that lets me eat Paralysis Resistence pills....

Guess it's time to try these out.....

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,076
    She's not THAT bad :rofl:

I'm making a mostly magic/spirit build and wind fucks her shit up. I guess it depends on how you're building your character.
    FINALLY GOT HER.

It took a lot of experimentation, but I finally whittled her down with poison. Here's a video of the fight, spoilered it in case you don't want to see what she looks like in the thumbnail.

This was the only method I could think of (besides getting gud) and I actually managed to pull it off. Embue my weapons with poison, throw poison gas bombs and poison shurikens, and sure enough I was able to get her in under two minutes. The best part is this fight taught me something very important: unlike Dark Souls, when you poison something you can keep hitting it with poison to make the effect last longer. Shit is tits. I was basically able to keep her poisoned the entire fight. Trying to manage all 10 different pieces of equipment, AND two melee weapons with various stance changes is pretty damn exhilarating. The combat in this game was designed by some intelligent motherfuckers.

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,014
    Bought it and just finished the intro stage. These controls are fucking smooth. I'm looking forward to the rest of this game,
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,246
    so yeah when i said i could beat Hinoema i was talking about the beta. because nobody seemed to mention it i did not think they knew how easily she could be cheesed...i was wrong.

her tracking has been greatly improved which means if you don't run tight on her then she'll clip you. that said this is so much better i had tons of fun fighting her for once. big tip when she goes in the air doge her shot then fire an arrow you'll auto target her and do tons of ki damage.
    I felt like her tracking was about the same honestly. Though I will say it's super nice that the mid stance quick attack kusarigama outranges her melee aside from her spinning attack.

Also, if you have shuriken/kunai, just use those instead of arrows, faster and safer than arrows. Kunai especially do really good Ki Dave so just like arrows, you can down her in 3-4 shots, but much safer
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Waiting for this guy to get the game lol

edited February 8
    allright !

we european PAL people are fuggin' IN THERE !

edit : or in @Abbachio 's case the game is UP THERE instead

edit 2 : i swear i never ment to make this joke
    This Tachibana 1v1..............

tumblr_nxnqnbsByU1uug6ybo1_500.gif

Tumblr (NSFW)