Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Nintendo Switch Thread! ~ Kirby Star Allies out 3/16/18! - Labo 4/20 - DKC Tropical Freeze 5/4!

Comments

• Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Could wavebirds work on switch too?
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,577
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Could wavebirds work on switch too?

They technically probably can so long as the gnc controller adapter works on it. My concern with the emulator is some games on the system used the analog controls of the shoulder buttons. So I'm wondering if they are going to kinda of make it so that functionality doesnt exist in the game and its just going to be as if you pressed the button down all the way or are they going to try to make this a gc controller only feature...IF this happens anyway.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    chadouken! wrote: »
    If it emulates the Wii U will it be compatible with the Gamepad?

Highly unlikely, Nintendo went out of their way to make sure most of the Wii/ Wii U accessories didn't work on the Switch.
    The Wii Motes are a No Go. The Hori Pokken Pad is a exception to this how ever, mostly to keep cost down for Porting Pokken.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,050
    Inb4 Nintendo releases the “Switch Wavebird Classic...and it’s a limited release that’s impossible to find/expensive as hell beyond it’s initial launch.
    ...Because Nintendo.

In downer news apparently Kirby: Star Allies is a 30fps game, resolution on tv seems to be 900p or maybe a little lower (864p?)
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    Inb4 Nintendo releases the “Switch Wavebird Classic...and it’s a limited release that’s impossible to find/expensive as hell beyond it’s initial launch.
    ...Because Nintendo.
    Never will happen. If anything they release the Game Cube Adapter like they did for Smash and have extremely limited releases of a Switch Branded Game Cube Controllers.

Or Just get a Pro Controller and be done with it.

• Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    smash players love their gamecube controllers. they'll never use anything else
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    Well they are dirty heathen scum that has no place in the FGC.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    Just like Infinite DLC players!
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Well they are dirty heathen scum that has no place in the FGC.

Because welp smash is not a fighting game.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I used to keep saying it's a hybrid fighting game...until the very game creator himself said it wasn't...well shit...I gave up there. Having said that, I still like to play fighting game style with stamina mode and no items.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hype!

Can’t wait to buy this game again. For the third time. It’s so good. ;_;
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536
    But wait, Smash has Ryu in it and he throws fireballs! That makes it a fighting game.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
    Infernoman wrote: »
    I used to keep saying it's a hybrid fighting game...until the very game creator himself said it wasn't...well shit...I gave up there. Having said that, I still like to play fighting game style with stamina mode and no items.

I see Smash more as a Party game, a Competitive action platformer.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 8

I never played often with a whole party of 4 much less 8 in Wii U. Hence why I don't see it myself as a party game. I usually was 1on 1
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

I never played often with a whole party of 4 much less 8 in Wii U. Hence why I don't see it myself as a party game. I usually was 1on 1

Man, being drunk playing free for all 8 players is where it's at
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 5,015
    @Million or anyone else interested. I just dl'ed the demo for Aeterno Blade. Side scroller, Stylish-ARPG. The character models are early Dreamcast style of polygons but the story and characters are straight to the point. Art style is early 90s anime rpg Record of Lodoss War type. Cool so far. Not a day one for me but a definite pick up sometime down the line.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Walmart is saying that I’ll get Bayonetta 1+2 on the 15th.

That’s swell.

I still need to buy an sd card for my switch.
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,536

Dude. We used to have some epic battles with Melee back in the day. We'd be all shroomin and making rules like giant mode with only super mushrooms in Fourside and shit like that. Crazy fun times.
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Picked up Mercenaries Saga. Not too thrilled about the choppiness of the movement (at least for the first game, not sure about the others), but seems all right so far. Looks Tactics Ogre-ish, and even has some of its mechanics, like MP regen.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976

Dude. We used to have some epic battles with Melee back in the day. We'd be all shroomin and making rules like giant mode with only super mushrooms in Fourside and shit like that. Crazy fun times.

We did that shit too... We had a whole setup where we would do free for all with items, and the top two would fight it out one on one no items, and that winner would determine the rules for the next free for all and we'd rotate like that all night.

Smash is so fun with multiple players. Had my cousin and his kids over during Christmas and we got to play Smash 4 eight players. Hilarious fun.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 934
    nicehat wrote: »
    Want to know... who uses the switch as a mobile console? I always use it for my TV

I only use the tv when I'm playing multiplayer. Switch feels like a DS on steroids.
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 9,050
    Currently playing Celeste overseas. This is a good ass video game, it’s not afraid to kick your ass too which is a pleasant surprise with games nowadays.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 9
    Xenoblade 1.3 patch comes with significant updates: https://gematsu.com/2018/02/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-3-0-update-launches-next-week-details

Spoiler warning as it discusses New Game+ stuff, including new Blades you can acquire.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

For real it's a party game style beat'em up. It's like a really shitty 4 player Final Fight.

We did that shit too... We had a whole setup where we would do free for all with items, and the top two would fight it out one on one no items, and that winner would determine the rules for the next free for all and we'd rotate like that all night.

Smash is so fun with multiple players. Had my cousin and his kids over during Christmas and we got to play Smash 4 eight players. Hilarious fun.
    Only way I would play Smash now other than some practice is by Multiplayer.

I wonder what Hijinks they establish for a Switch version of Smash?
    vids

R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • nicehatnicehat Joined: Posts: 12
    I would like to use it more as a mobile device... seems quite fun. But always TV as it's the most suitable
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Only a few more days until the Queen Bayo arrives... sheeeeit, other games will be sidelined for a minute. Bayonetta & Jeanne all day every day, folks.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 7,165
    Million wrote: »
    Only a few more days until the Queen Bayo arrives... sheeeeit, other games will be sidelined for a minute. Bayonetta & Jeanne all day every day, folks.

why dont you just play your wii u copy now?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    Who wants to play anything on the Wii U?
    That is like asking who wants a Philips CDI, a Real 3DO or a Xbox One
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,376
    Some of the Wii U's best games have either already been ported (Mario Kart 8, Pokkén, DK Tropical Freeze, Bayo games), or have sequels already on the Switch (Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2). Unless you love Mario Maker there's no point in holding on to the Wii U.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited February 13
    There are still a few gems on the Wii U that are still worth playing but yeah, I gotta agree. The reasons for keeping the Wii U around are dwindling by the day
    Post edited by Stuart Hayden on
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 5,015
    Can't sideline my Wii U until both Sin and Punishments come out and Mario Maker. Playing a little bit of Twilight Princess HD here and there too.

I need Bayo with those Joy Cons and yes, I'll probably play those on Wii U at some point this week before my Switch version arrives.

On another note, I'm hoping DMCV is being delayed to add a Switch version and the HD Collection comes to the Switch. I need all the Stylish Action I can get on this bad boy.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    I got the First Sin and Punishment on my N64 Everdrive and Twilight Princess on Game Cube
    Nothing lost for me.

As for Splatoon 2
    795.jpg
    Marina all the way.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Some of the Wii U's best games have either already been ported (Mario Kart 8, Pokkén, DK Tropical Freeze, Bayo games), or have sequels already on the Switch (Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2). Unless you love Mario Maker there's no point in holding on to the Wii U.

Nah, I personally still use my Wii U... mainly for Wii games , VC titles I own and Netflix / Crunchyroll.

That touch screen fast forward or rewind feature will be missed.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file