The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,945
    Give samus a super kawaii desu dress as an alternate costume that sane people can ignore
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited March 28
    Like I mentioned earlier if ARMS has a good netcode (if it even has online play.) I'll pick it up to play with you scrublords. I want to punch people in the face with Ribbon Girl. She kawaii as fuck.

PLEASE BELIEVE I will be all over splatoon 2 though. I played the first one so fucking much. That game is going to consume me.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Ok I dont know if Alpha's purpose is to derail the thread but he has succeeded in doing so for about a page. So we have established that AC likes paying extra for old stuff that he wants to mod and would gladly spend 2/3s of the Switch's msrp to play games that are playable nearly everywhere else. That's cool...that's his prerogative. The majority of us disagree with this. At this point there isnt anymore to add to this uhh...'discussion'. We should move on from this since I'm pretty sure most have already said their piece on it.

So what are peoples planned purchases from whats been announced so far? Planning on getting MK8 deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Sonic Mania ( if its gonna be the exact same game across platforms...why would I not wanna take this on the go?), Splatoon 2, and NMH 3( whenever that drops). There's a couple more I cant think of at the moment but right now these are must buys. Cautiously hype for whatecer other surprises are in store at E3.

Alpha just never wants to listen to anything, he was the same in the JoJo's thread just put him on ignore.

As for games stuff I want to get when I grab a switch? Mario Odyssey, LoZ:BotW, Xenoblade, Sonic Mania, No More Heroes 3, FE Heroes, Dragon Quest Heroes 1 + 2, Octopath Taveler, Blaster Master, Wonderboy.

I'm really hoping for a new Metroid, hopefully a dark dingy FPS type dealio. A new Bayo + other P* stuff would be great for me and anything from Vanillaware.
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,419
    edited March 28
    Plan on getting mk8, splatoon and skyrim

Oh and USF2

Didn't really play my Wii U or GameCube so hoping for some VC love soon
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,271
    Don't really need Japan to be interested if the west overwhelming bought the games. If the west could buy the next GOOD metroid game and it sold 3 mil...I guarantee that Nintendo would be looking into making a sequel immediately within the next few years afterwards.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Plan on getting mk8, splatoon and skyrim

Oh and USF2

Didn't really play my Wii U or GameCube so hoping for some VC love soon

Damn I forgot about USF2...kind of want. Game should not be 40 though. If I could get the game at 30 without that tacked on hado mode...Id buy it with the quickness.
    High Enough

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    needless to say nintendo better come out swinging with their e3 direct or sony is going to run away with the event like they have the past 4 or so years
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,231
    They made 3 Prime games, and a bunch of 2D for handhelds. So what happened? Did they really not make a decent profit on them?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    edited March 28
    I've heard rumors of GameCube games on the switch vc. i really hope its true. i also want all the relevant wii u games

if Nintendo goes all out on the vc they will get a lot of attention. could you imagine if they added online+ leaderboards to old games? mk64 with online would sell like fucking crazy
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    edited March 28
    nvm
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited March 28
    chadouken! wrote: »
    They made 3 Prime games, and a bunch of 2D for handhelds. So what happened? Did they really not make a decent profit on them?

The ugly truth is that the metroid series...as great as most of the games are none of them have broke the 2 mill mark. So far I believe that Metroid Prime 1 is the highest selling game in the franchise at only around 1.5 mill. Metroid's fanbase loves the game and they're pretty loud but there aren't enough people out there that enjoy the game despite how good it is. I don't know what they'd have to do to get more people in on it aside from I da know...maybe making it more 'mature'? Putting more focus on the shooting? That'd be shitty as hell imo and it'd definitely alienate some of the fanbase but it sounds like something that would get some of the casual masses into it.

Thinking about it now though...what they SHOULD do...is do what Sega is doing with Sonic Mania for the franchise I think. Get some passionate fans that love the franchise to make a new game. Hell go hire those AMR2 guys and just supervise them.
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
    High Enough

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    Im interested in Arms and had nearly forgotten about it. Been hearing the game is actually really fun from previews so that might end up on my radar. Think it needs more characters. Fire Emblem warriors will likely be bought though I want to see more gameplay.

Nintendo cares about Metroid...but there's only but so much care you can put into something as a company when it isn't printing money.

They've already tried the FPS route with Prime it was pretty successful I've been saying for years Another Dev should just come in go full COD with the Metroid skin and call it one. Hell better yet outsource a small team from Bungie and make it Destiny Halo edition $$$$$$. Make the MP play like Halo and the Campaign be your typical open world Metroid experience in 3d. Also insert R.I.P. Monty Oum reference ala MC vs Samus
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,271
    edited March 28
    S00perCam wrote: »
    They've already tried the FPS route with Prime it was pretty successful I've been saying for years Another Dev should just come in go full COD with the Metroid skin and call it one. Hell better yet outsource a small team from Bungie and make it Destiny Halo edition $$$$$$. Make the MP play like Halo and the Campaign be your typical open world Metroid experience in 3d. Also insert R.I.P. Monty Oum reference ala MC vs Samus
    No, that is how we got Other M.
    Thinking about it now though...what they SHOULD do...is do do what Sega is doing with Sonic Mania for the franchise I think. Get some passionate fans that love the franchise to make a new game. Hell go higher those AMR2 guys and just supervise them.
    Hell yeah.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    Sony didn't run away with shit in 2013... Here's why:

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,912
    Is there a release date for Graceful Explosion Machine other than just "April"? I want to know if it's early or late April or when to expect it!
    edited March 28
    So this is not real, and it's just a photoshop by a fan

I am not even that much of a fan of Game Cube controllers my self but this looks cool
    s7pwccpri2oy.png

Nintendo, make some limited edition Joycons inspired by pass consoles, and I am sure they will sell
    I am going to be ecstatic over SNES themed Joycons
    Switch-SNES-1024x579.jpg
    Another concept photo shop image.

Sony ran away with E3 as Nintendo basically stopped an on-site presentation for the Nintendo Ditrect/Treehouse online presentation and that Microsoft don't realize we don't need our game consoles to double as a cable box, we just need it to play games.

purbeast wrote: »
    Is there a release date for Graceful Explosion Machine other than just "April"? I want to know if it's early or late April or when to expect it!
    http://www.warpzoned.com/2017/03/graceful-explosion-machine-will-be-released-for-the-switch-on-april-6/
    purbeast wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Just April. Good news though! 3 days left until April is here though!
    High Enough

Darksakul wrote: »

I liked Other M if it was on any other console and not tied to Wii based gimmicks it could have been a 10/10 game

One of the things that is holding Metroid back IMO is theres a new indie metroidvania game dropping every month, If your going to inject the IP into an oversaturated market at least put it in the one that sells itself basically. FPS Metroid also helps diversify the First party Nintendo portfolio (they could use another shooter before another platformer)
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    Early April for Graceful Explosion it is!
    High Enough

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    Nah bruh.

AM2R. Just do that. Profit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,912
    Sweet GEM next week! Thought it was $15 so it's a little cheaper too.
    edited March 28
    i am definitely picking gem up.

did anyone get fast rmx? thoughts?
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    i am definitely picking gem up.

did anyone get fast rmx? thoughts?
    Is that the Wipeout/ F-zero style racer?

I am definitely considering it
    Fast RMX looks a lot like Episode 1 pod racer which was quite possibly the most underrated racing game of all time
  • boom!boom! kuma gon give it to ya Joined: Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i played ARMS at the preview event. it's legit and the only reason i'd want the switch anytime soon. everything cost way too damn much tho

Fast RMX is basically easier F-Zero + ikaruga color switch mechanic. It's still good for what it is.
    It's business
    It's business time
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,899
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    JUoEWBR.jpg

LOL xD hey is Pokemon Stars still a rumor? or Sun and Moon really coming to Switch?

It is strange Atlus is cross promoting DSJ with SMT Switch. perhaps DSJ eventually will be ported to Switch? It makes sense to bring all SMT games to Switch.

http://shin-megamitensei.jp/

https://twitter.com/megaten_atlus/

See, the extended SMT Switch trailer, was combined with the official DSJ stream, so they must be planning something

im playing shovel knight right now and im digging it. I cant help but focus on how much i love the options the switch gives me. I probably wouldnt play this game on ps4 because of the lack of mobility. This might be my fav console ever in terms of its form factor.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Games I want:

-Mario Odyssey
    -Xenoblade 2
    -Wonder Boy: Monster's Trap
    -Wargroove
    -Monster Boy
    -Sonic Mania
    -SMT

Need more info on Octopath Traveller.

Picked up Has-Been Heroes but haven't played it yet due to E-League.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,419
    edited March 29
    Thinking about picking up has been myself.

Interested in binding of Isaac as well
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    edited March 29
    Eskills wrote: »

I liked Other M if it was on any other console and not tied to Wii based gimmicks it could have been a 10/10 game

One of the things that is holding Metroid back IMO is theres a new indie metroidvania game dropping every month, If your going to inject the IP into an oversaturated market at least put it in the one that sells itself basically. FPS Metroid also helps diversify the First party Nintendo portfolio (they could use another shooter before another platformer)

*Leaves thread*

Just as you think comments can't get dumber than Alpha Charlie, here comes S00perCam to prove us wrong.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited March 29
    Just as you think comments can't get dumber than Alpha Charlie, here comes S00perCam to prove us wrong.

Yikes. I leave for a couple of hours and you start attacking the first other member that shows up with an opinion you disagree with?

I can't say I'm terribly surprised with your track record....
    wheres that pls stfu already button, again?
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro

*Leaves thread*

Wait so the statement FPS' makes more money than Metroidvania games is dumb? Especially given the context, discussing a series that has only had enough financial success to have semi consistent releases, was while it was an FPS?

900x900px-LL-db7d73dc_jackie-chan-meme.png
    Wait so the statement FPS' makes more money than Metroidvania games is dumb? Especially given the context, discussing a series that has only had enough financial success to have semi consistent releases, was while it was an FPS?

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/db/900x900px-LL-db7d73dc_jackie-chan-meme.png

Please don't feed the trolls. Trust me. This is what Darksakul thrives on.
    I have no issue with @Darksakul or trolling in particular were all here to waste time after all.
    edited March 29
    I have no issue with @Darksakul or trolling in particular were all here to waste time after all.

Yeah, no. This is how it all starts. I'd quit now if i were you.

Darksakul is like Herpes....once you get him, he sticks to your ass forever. lol.

• Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 29
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Prime 4 has been hinted at in that bleh Federation Force. Not joking here either.

*Leaves thread*

Looks like Rayquaza needs to stick around in this thread for a while.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file