The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 29

• HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Biggest flaw with the Switch is the inability to charge while using the kickstand. Mine came with a broken dock, so I haven't been able to play it on my TV yet. Best thing about Zelda?... doing absolutely nothing
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    Hotobu wrote: »
    Biggest flaw with the Switch is the inability to charge while using the kickstand. Mine came with a broken dock, so I haven't been able to play it on my TV yet. Best thing about Zelda?... doing absolutely nothing

Fortunately there some 3rd party stands that also allow for charging.
    There also files to 3D print your own.

Nintendo used to sell extra/spare docks, but I think they might be out of stock.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082

I'd say it's the shittiness of the kickstand tbh. That was kind of a must-have for the system and it's flimsy as fuck both in terms of its construction and its place on the unit. I actually love the Switch as a piece of hardware...but holy shit, I do not trust that kickstand to hold up my Switch, or to hold up over time without breaking off.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,938
    more retro goodness

i love what the switch is doing.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can't buy a Switch anytime soon but I definitely will get one both for home and off TV play purposes. The past weekened, I wasn't feeling too hot and I played Breath of the Wild using the GamePad screen laying down on my bed. Even now that I'm feeling a lot better, there are times when I'll still play BOTW on just the GamePad so I can easily see myself doing this for Switch games.

I'm stoked for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because MK8 is my favorite Mario Kart entry and I'm glad some new life is being injected into it. That $60 price tag bugs me but I'll still end up buying it anyway sometime after I get a Switch.

If you have a Switch, get Blaster Master Zero. I've been playing the 3DS version and it is awesome. Any game that lets you give a middle finger to ice physics by melting the ice is ace in my book.
    I can't buy a Switch anytime soon
    Don't feel too bad about it, they are sold out everywhere.

I had to preorder mine from a recent shipment at Gamestop.
    I notice from their website Gamestop screwed up my shipment address.
    I called their customer support center to make the correction before they ship.

I now got a tracking number from UPS, but it doesn't include an delivery address.
    I swear if Gamestop screws this up someone getting a ear full, especially since I called them already once.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited March 30
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Alpha Go away, stop deraling the thread.

And you need to stop childishly attacking/trolling everyone that disagrees with you. Not just me, several members here have noted this behavior.

Example of this member from a techtalk thread:

Edited because keep drama where it is.
    Post edited by Pertho on
    Million wrote: »
    sheeeit, I'm still playing Zelda on a daily basis....and the great thing about it is that portability factor. Every lunchbreak and some regular breaks are game time for me. Anyway, I enjoy just running around and exploring the world....I ran into some bizarre "air walking" magical enemy that turned out to be serious business... I ended up having to run away from that fight. The first one I saw the other day... I killed him, but that 2nd one was throwing ice magic constantly, and I was out of arrows (and they're a bit fast so it's not that easy to hit them anyway...perhaps if I had explosive or some other special arrows.) I also fought some giant cyclops thing today before seeing this odd "sky wizard" enemy.... ah and that was the thing; I used up most of my arrows fighting the cyclops. Heh, there was one time where he killed me by picking up a whole tree and using it like a weapon....I thought I could dodge that hit in time but NOPE.

Metroid is another one they need to bring back ASAP on this system. A new Switch Metroid Prime sequel? More than likely I'd buy that IMMEDIATELY.

I rather have a Classic 2D Metroid, long the veins of Super Metoid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, but I would take another Prime like game at this point.
    Oh hell go open world like how Breath of the Wild did with Zelda. Metroid at it's heart is an exploration game.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,374 mod

Edit: Also it's "derailing".

Please read GD's rules...or dont...whichever.

Everybody else feel free to ignore AlphaCharlie's post. Will fix as soon as i can get to a computer.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    I am thinking the Switch is going to be a "way back" machine.

Street Fighter II
    Sonic Mania
    We got a Mario Kart
    We got a Tetris title
    A F-zero/Wipeout style racer
    Some Neo Geo ports
    Bloodstained taking the place of Castlevania
    Bomberman
    Dragon Quest
    A "the Hype is real" Zelda game
    Shovel Knight which is a homage to 8-bit games
    Yooka-Laylee is bringing back the old school Rare 3D platformer style of game play
    We even got Skyrim

Although I don't know if there a old school connection, ARMS reminds me of this
    Monkey_knife_fight.jpg

Just wacky good old 1v1.
    yooka laylee is gonna be great
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,893
    could people not have problems with Switch at all docked, if they just keep the Switch in dock/console mode, and not ever use it for portable mode? Some are only getting Switch for console mode and played with a TV.

maybe those with issues have been going back and forth between console and portable mode.
    I found a easier, simpler solution. Self adhesive felt strips over the plastic bumpers
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,252
    edited March 30
    I have a screen protector on my switch. I can account for myself taking it in and out of the dock since I'm pretty sure I'm not a caveman. Wife can have butterfinger issues though.
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,414
    Bout to pick up Binding of Isaac afterbirth +. looks pretty damn fun
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,220
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Wife can have buttefinger issues though.
    That's one "e" off from being a really funny statement.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    Dimfish wrote: »

but will it really be the same without jontron as a VA?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8B7ylTWkAEQgZG.jpg
    Who cares ?

I never thought Jontron's Youtube channel was that good anyways.
    He probability wanted to drum up some controversy in order to stay relevant.
    Problem is Jontron only releases videos once every few months, you got to release videos on a semi regular basis in order to stay relevant in the first place.
    Also that shit can backfire like Pewdiepie learned very quickly, as he lose more subscribers than most people ever had.
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 367
    edited March 30
    Dimfish wrote: »

but will it really be the same without jontron as a VA?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8B7ylTWkAEQgZG.jpg
    Who cares ?

I never thought Jontron's Youtube channel was that good anyways.
    He probability wanted to drum up some controversy in order to stay relevant.
    Problem is Jontron only releases videos once every few months, you got to release videos on a semi regular basis in order to stay relevant in the first place.
    Also that shit can backfire like Pewdiepie learned very quickly, as he lose more subscribers than most people ever had.

well actually pdp kind of embraced it from what I've seen and doubled down

and with 3.1 million subs i dont think jontron cares if he loses a few thousand

honestly I think most people just don't give a shit (as they probably shouldn't)
    Still, why should we care?
    Subs mean nothing, it's views that matter.
    And YT change the rules so its no longer the actual view count but the minuets watched that counts.
    Most of Jontron's subs forgot they have a youtube account or can't be bothered to unsubscribe.

You got something relevant about Yooka-Laylee that does not include a certain New Yorker of Iranian and Hungarian decent?
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,357
    I'm hype as fuck about Yooka-Layle but I kicked it for PS4. I may double dip depending on how good the game is though.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 367
    I'm hype as fuck about Yooka-Layle but I kicked it for PS4. I may double dip depending on how good the game is though.

same. had it for wii u originally but... we all know how that went down. Been waiting 17 years for this game I sure as hell hope it lives up to its predecessors.
    if its even half as good as banjo kazooie ill be happy. I admit that I think the bear/bird combo appeals to me.more but whatever
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    anyone got any suggestions for my next game? i beat botw and shovelknight. i am setsuna seems cool but i typically don't like rpgs (i hate grinding and leveling up. id rather just master the tools im given). fast rmx looks nice.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    anyone got any suggestions for my next game? i beat botw and shovelknight. i am setsuna seems cool but i typically don't like rpgs (i hate grinding and leveling up. id rather just master the tools im given). fast rmx looks nice.

Snipper clips. It's a co-op puzzle game.

Snipper clips seems like a blast if you have 2-4 people to play. Um---blaster master zero?
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Check out Blaster Master Zero and maybe Has-Been Heroes? How do you feel about roguelikes? Also, there are the Neo-Geo games. And Snipperclips for co-op play.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 1
    Has anyone bought an external battery, used it with Zelda, and had the battery refill at a faster rate than the drain?

I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYJFEBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_QMTso8bLQ4ww8 and it does work, but it doesn't refill faster than the battery drain. It's odd because it's rated 2.0A which should be enough.

edit: Fuck it: I'll return it and get this one. Better brand 2.4A out? sounds like an upgrade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X5RV14Y?ref=emc_b_5_t
    I'd get Has-Been Heroes if it wasn't made by the same team who made Trine.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited April 2
    Has anyone bought an external battery, used it with Zelda, and had the battery refill at a faster rate than the drain?

I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYJFEBI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_QMTso8bLQ4ww8 and it does work, but it doesn't refill faster than the battery drain. It's odd because it's rated 2.0A which should be enough.

edit: Fuck it: I'll return it and get this one. Better brand 2.4A out? sounds like an upgrade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X5RV14Y?ref=emc_b_5_t

Haven't use an external yet, I been mostly playing my Switch in Dock more.
    It's currently connected to my Ben Q PC monitor.
    I'd get Has-Been Heroes if it wasn't made by the same team who made Trine.
    Agreed. Frozenbyte hasn't made anything worth the buy.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,911
    Graceful Explosion Machine is the next game everyone should get. Gonna be snagging that on Thursday for sure.
    purbeast wrote: »
    Graceful Explosion Machine is the next game everyone should get. Gonna be snagging that on Thursday for sure.

I would be more into it if it was not for the abstract art style.
    Game Play looks to be on Point.
    edited April 2
    ill be getting it. Celeste is the other im definitely excited for
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,911
    purbeast wrote: »

I would be more into it if it was not for the abstract art style.
    Game Play looks to be on Point.

The style reminds me a bit of Geometry Wars and Resogun which are both great games. I also like the music in it a lot too.
    Whats better?

FAST RMX or Redout?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file