The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City! - Splatoon 2 out 7/21!

Comments

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,127
    When you hit 200cc you'll prefer more acceleration and handling over top speed.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,837
    Mario! And Donkey Kong sometimes.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,397
    Infernoman wrote: »

Yeah I had to switch up my kart choice in 200cc to cut back on the top speed and I'm doing better in it.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,776
    edited May 12
    I also brought RE5 twice. I have it on PS3 and PC. I will get the PS4 port eventually.

canstock5561102.jpg
    Post edited by Necrotrophic on
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Infernoman wrote: »

Yeah I had to switch up my kart choice in 200cc to cut back on the top speed and I'm doing better in it.

I struggled with my fave character in vanilla MK8 (I used Toad) but him and lightweights shine in 200cc.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,762
    I use my Mii. -shrug-
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Do mirror, 150cc and 200cc courses ever show up in online play?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    King9999 wrote: »
    Do mirror, 150cc and 200cc courses ever show up in online play?

I think 200 does, not sure about mirror though I can't remember ever getting any.
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 159
    Donkey Kong all day long. The lighter weights are good for new players as you can get your acceleration up. The super heavy dudes are great for time trials because you don't have others to contend with and you want pure top speed. The DK class has great top speed and it just barely has enough acceleration.

In MKDS you may have a point. Snake or loose. But snaking gave you something to do so I was way happy it was in. But I have a feeling your snaking and my snaking are two different things. In MKDS you could snake, and get a drift in a straight line. Is that also what you were referring to.
    I do feel in MK8 there are places this technique still works. So track knowledge comes in there, and at least there is a little more for the meta development.

But fire hopping is a different thing entirely. A mini turbo last a certain amount of time. The time isn't calculated off the race clock, or even the game state. It is calculated by the distance your wheels travel on the ground. So when you jump you are pausing the counter until your wheels touch the ground. Then jumping again pausing the counter. The going faster in the air thing is only active when your glider is out.

I enjoy the 200cc mode. But you can be sure of the fact that the minute more people realize you can clip through walls at certain heights on the big ass jumps, they will all start doing it. Because people are all ready find short cuts through solid structures. That is what the meta of the games will become. And instead of people moaning about it they should adopt it and race the same way. I personally still prefer top speed in 200cc to acceleration. Acceleration is only good when you crash or get tagged. Once you are going you don't tend to crash a lot. And you can use braking as more of a way to alter your drift angles as apposed to slowing down for the corners.

I must say that I really don't like that you can change your kart set up between races though. The please don't pick Dolphin Shoals please don't pick Dolphin Shoals moment is now gone. I enjoyed not knowing what was coming and dealing it when it popped up. Kind of leveled things about a bit between people picking different karts and characters. You couldn't just always pick the perfect combo.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    I'm totally mainstream and using Rosalina. Think she's the same weight class as DK which is also the weight class I prefer.
    Don't tell her though.
    edited May 12
    So what's everyone hoping for at E3?
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,776
    wind waker hd, hopefully a lot of wii u games, GameCube vc, new Metroid
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,966
    A real Metroid, not federation force, nothing like Other M, make a classic 2D game, game like Prime or pull a BOTW for Metroid.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,475

The salty tears of Metroid, F-Zero, and Advance Wars fans when a new game isn't announced.

You monster.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,458
    edited May 13
    even though its early in development, Atlus should promote Shin Megami Tensei HD alongside 3DS's Deep Strange Journey, since DSJ's debut stream did include more teaser footage of SMT Switch.

it could also appear at E3. Dynasty Warriors 9 just barely got revealed, and even at 40% development Koei are going to start marketing it and revealing more all the way to winter release.

this year is Shin Megami Tensei 25th anniversary, so Atlus and Nintendo can really promote SMT HD, their most high production values project since SMT III Nocturne, so it can become mainstream on Switch, just as Persona 5 became mainstream popular on PS4, Shin Megami Tensei HD/V can become mainstream popular and successful on Switch. Fire Emblem was niche until the modern era with Awakening and Fates, so it's not late for Shin Megami Tensei series to become mainstream starting on Nintendo console. Atlus just has to do it right, market it right, and the Switch fanbase has to fully support it.

http://shin-megamitensei.jp/

and with outstanding success, they could then start to bring the classics and remasters to Switch, making it the new modern platform for SMT fans
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,566
    edited May 13
    E3 better have some Mario Maker news 'cause I need a proper portable version, yo.

Edit: And a new Advance Wars would REALLY be surprising. That series has been dead for years and years. I never did bother to do the final mission in Days of Ruin, come to think of it, despite acing basically every mission up until then...
    E3 better have some Mario Maker news 'cause I need a proper portable version, yo.

Edit: And a new Advance Wars would REALLY be surprising. That series has been dead for years and years. I never did bother to do the final mission in Days of Ruin, come to think of it, despite acing basically every mission up until then...

Days of Ruin had a good story at the end. Definitely better than any of the previous ones. In order for the games to gain mainstream appeal, maybe (and this is me disliking the genre) make advance wars a MOBA?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,334
    I loved the character of Days of Ruin. Characters looked very stylish in a world ravaged by ongoing war.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited May 13
    Days of Ruin was cool but it seems strategy titles on Nintendo portables only work with a big dose of waifu these days. Don't really want Advance Wars turn into what Fire Emblem is now.

Thankfully there's a blatant rip-off coming out:
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 13
    sheeeeeit, I may have my new regular pick in Mario Kart for now... Dry Bones is That DUDE, man. :triumph: As I've seen online and my own observation, traction and handling...and yeah acceleration... that's the golden keys there.

E3 needs to hurry on up... I'm ready for some announcements that blow me away hype. I intend to take at least 2 days or so off it as well (it is surprising that I never did that before)
    edited May 13
    Sadly, my vacation is happening after E3, so I can't get hype while watching live at home. Expectations are going to be high since the Switch is new and popular. Devs have a chance to really shine.

I've been thinking about trying to get a Switch dev kit, as I have an idea for a game that I would like to make on it. I just hope it's as straightforward to acquire one as they make it seem: https://developer.nintendo.com/
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,882

The salty tears of Metroid, F-Zero, and Advance Wars fans when a new game isn't announced.

Don't forget the lack of an announcement for a Western release of Mother 3 or classic Wario platformer.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    When the Virtual Console is eventually launched, it would be cool if one of the initial games for it is Mother 3. The only reason I'm still hopeful for Mother 3 is because of the release of Earthbound Beginnings.
    I have E3 off so I'll be able to watch live.
    I'll probably watch the Splatoon and ARMS tournaments too.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,397
    I got the full week off this yeah thanks to the job
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,034
    Gonna see if I can get e3 off at least for Sony and Nintendo.
    Hoping too see more of project octopath and sudas new game.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Gonna see if I can get e3 off at least for Sony and Nintendo.
    Hoping too see more of project octopath and sudas new game.

But Nintendo isn't going to show at E3. They are going to do their own thing with black Jack and hookers.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm going for some Octopath Traveller details.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,389
    Dungeon of Zaar looks dope. Just give me smash and pokemon news anything else I'm just waiting to be surprised by
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,458
    they should show Fire Emblem Switch cinematics/gameplay at E3
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeit,

Mario Kart 8---they have Shyguy in there... I keep wondering...what about Wart? They got Bowser and Wario's fat asses in there... there's a LOT of characters from the Mario(+Dokki Dokki Panic) universe that could've been great additions. I would've thrown Mouser in there too. Chargin' Chuck is another one.

*More races-- Iggy is working out well for me so far.... it would be nice to have some achievements on this system. I realize it's popular to hate achievements but I have no shame in admitting I enjoy them as the little extras they are.
    Thumper is coming out on Thursday. If you haven't played it yet, it's in its essence a rhythm game with a very unique flow to it. If REZ had a cousin who was into cars and also kinda violent and rebellous and a drug addict I think he might look like Thumper.

You should check it out, it's pretty cool. And really hard.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I watched some gameplay of Thumper and I thought it looked pretty cool. Looked fast and fun. I don't have a Switch (or any other new console for that matter) and my laptop cant run it. Sad times.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,743
    Switch back in stock on Amazon for retail.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    edited May 17
    So we have a few hours before the ARMS Direct. What is everyone hoping to see from it?

I'm hoping amiibos with swappable arms. :)
    Post edited by Kinniku Buster on
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

So we have a little bit under an hour before the ARMS Direct. What is everyone hoping to see from it?

I'm hoping amiibos with swappable arms. :)

Why not, Skylanders had swapable torsos
    No ARMS amiibos but the stuff they did show was pretty cool.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,393
    ARMS looks clean as fuck.

And all the DLC will be FREE.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    ARMS looks clean as fuck.

And all the DLC will be FREE.

All of the sudden, I don't know why I hate ARMS.
    Arms has the waifus. Mechanica is bae. Nintendos Little Tron Bonne. <3
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,511
    So Nintendo knows exactly what it's doing with the bad waifus like Twintelle right.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,511
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,882
    Hey, we got a Nintendo character of color (no idea what but I ain't complaining) and its a twin tail. As long as she don't pull an Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X or just suck competitively, its all good.

That being said, Helix and Master Mummy look like they could be broken, it will be interesting how quick the first round of nerfs hit.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    To me it seems every character in ARMS can be OP with the right weapons. Seems to me that's their philosphy: counterpick with the right items and gloves and pick the character with the skill you're feeling most comfortable with.

Definitely looking forward to the Global Testpunch to give it a try.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 19
    Man, Nintendo is really putting in dat work on them booties. I'm curious as to how many man hours went to into placing that much junk in those trunks. Seriously. That new chick in ARMS has so much booty game you can see it from space.
    Post edited by ReggieHadoken on