The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sheeeit, Mario Kart on Switch looks better than I thought it would in portable mode...well, my system continues to be primarily portable then; I haven't hooked it up to the tv since day 1, actually.

I've made a Mii nicknamed "Duuki-Mane" just now on this... of course I made him to look like a little shit demon. :rock:

I miss the bit of depth Modnation had over it though... that game had shielding, boost energy and different levels of the weapons....there was so much to it... a shame we'll probably never see another Modnation Racers.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259
    Guess no one got USF2
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 29
    I won't be playing MK8 until next week. In the meantime I'll play Puyo Tetris.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Guess no one got USF2

Game's not out yet...
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259
    Duh. I was thinking it came out 2 days ago...
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,280
    Is it me or has the AI in this game become more ruthless?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Guess no one got USF2

You're suffering from ThinkingitsMay-itis. I'm a victim, too. I went hunting for reviews of Guilty Gear rev2 and was pissed to find none, and puzzled that it was only for presale everywhere. Then I checked the calendar...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Blue Shells seem more frequent than on WiiU which I suppose can be explained by the double item boxes.
    Maryokutai wrote: »

Blue Shells seem more frequent than on WiiU which I suppose can be explained by the double item boxes.

Yeah I know Blue Shells are a bit more frequent now...I'm not even talking about that. I've had the comp a couple of times do the 'oh you just got hit? Here let me add to your misery!' that human players are more known for. I actually had one of the comp specifically drop a peel right in my face just as I was getting out getting hit previously. They may have had this in their programming previously but may not had as much of an opportunity to do it because of only having one item.
    High Enough

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,234
    What screen protectors are you guys using? I just grabbed the cheap plastic one at BB for now, but I got a couple dust particles under it during application so there are a few very tiny bubbles. They don't bother me too bad, but I'm going to want to replace it with something better eventually. Figured I'd ask what kind of luck you guys have had so far.

Also, I sent friend requests out to the four people listed on the first page. @Kinniku Buster can you update the list to include my code? SW-4756-2984-5098
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,288
    I use this
    https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

It's currently $9 on Amazon, its made from actual Glass and is very scratch resistant. You also get two screen protectors. I didn't get any bubbles using this, but you still have to worry about dust.
    I found it works well avoiding the scratched screen issues of the Switch dock. Don't use the "dust removing strips" just stick to alcohol and no-lint soft cleaning cloths.
    The "dust removing strips" is useful for removing old screen protectors.

I would not use a dock sock along with the Glass Screen Protector as the screen protector is rather thick for a screen protector.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Nice, I just ordered one. Thanks!
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Nice, I just ordered one. Thanks!

Just be careful for dust and take your time.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,616
    I swear the dust thing is the real reason why they give you two of the buggers. Be EXTREMELY careful when putting the thing on - if your Switch is like mine, it can get super staticky, and attract any speck of dust that happens to float nearby. I thankfully got my second protector on without any notable specks getting underneath, after the first attempt ended with one single very noticeable spot right near the center.

I've got the Orzly tempered glass protector on mine, and so far it does the trick nicely - despite the aforementioned hint of adhesive starting to melt at the very top of the screen. If it becomes more of an issue, welp, it's pretty cheap - I'll just try a different brand.
    I swear the dust thing is the real reason why they give you two of the buggers. Be EXTREMELY careful when putting the thing on - if your Switch is like mine, it can get super staticky, and attract any speck of dust that happens to float nearby. I thankfully got my second protector on without any notable specks getting underneath, after the first attempt ended with one single very noticeable spot right near the center.

I've got the Orzly tempered glass protector on mine, and so far it does the trick nicely - despite the aforementioned hint of adhesive starting to melt at the very top of the screen. If it becomes more of an issue, welp, it's pretty cheap - I'll just try a different brand.

Mine didn't have the adhesive melting issues, and after prolonged play my Switch have came out of the dock warm before
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 29
    The story in Puyo Tetris is completely goofy.
    Post edited by King9999 on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,081
    i'm using the screen protector darksakul mentioned
    feels like it's wearing nothing at all.

tenor.gif

hd rumble for mario kart is pretty neato very distinct vibrations for different actions.
    online feels pretty good so far too.

item rng feels super reworked.
    been getting way more super horns.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    You dont need to play the lower cc classes apparently. Me and my wife played on 150 cc last night and im seeing that what we did transfered to the lower classes. Dont know if thata the case for mirror or 200cc though.
    High Enough

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,627
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I use this
    https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

It's currently $9 on Amazon, its made from actual Glass and is very scratch resistant. You also get two screen protectors. I didn't get any bubbles using this, but you still have to worry about dust.
    I found it works well avoiding the scratched screen issues of the Switch dock. Don't use the "dust removing strips" just stick to alcohol and no-lint soft cleaning cloths.
    The "dust removing strips" is useful for removing old screen protectors.

I would not use a dock sock along with the Glass Screen Protector as the screen protector is rather thick for a screen protector.

Exact same brand I bought. Worth it!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    My Mario Kart got delayed until Monday due to weather being really had down here right now.

At least that's my guess on what it is.

Either way it fills me with profound sadness.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You dont need to play the lower cc classes apparently. Me and my wife played on 150 cc last night and im seeing that what we did transfered to the lower classes. Dont know if thata the case for mirror or 200cc though.

If it's anything like the Wii U version it only works for 150cc and lower.
    Will anyone be on Mario Kart tonight? It'd be fun to get some races in with you guys.
    Will anyone be on Mario Kart tonight? It'd be fun to get some races in with you guys.

I can be on in about 13 minutes. Then I gotta watch enter the badlands at 10.
    High Enough

Aww, man I just stopped playing for dinner. I put in Zelda just to try it out for a minute and two hours later I'm still playing it, lol. I wanted to finish Nier first, but I don't know if that's going to happen!

I'll check online later to see if anyone is on.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,627
    With a second item to hold, keeping first for me has been easy. first match I play online, I cruise to first easily. no issues.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Infernoman wrote: »
    With a second item to hold, keeping first for me has been easy. first match I play online, I cruise to first easily. no issues.

where is your code at Infernoman?

jumping online for about an hour if anyone wants to join me.
    High Enough

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,945
    i think the online is pretty solid but then again i play sfv so what the hell do i know
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    Online for MK8D was great. Only got DCed on a race that never start yet. Things seemed to load a little bit slowly in some areas but everything ran smoothly. Game played great in handheld mode.
    High Enough

So after playing for a while I've come to the conclusion that the differences in items this time around didn't really help my problem with this game. It still usually becomes one person getting a big lead and everyone else fighting it out for second.

I think they should have just gotten rid of the Blooper and brought back the upside down block, maybe gotten rid of the boomerang and/or the piranha plant in lieu of something else. The ink is basically pointless, and the other two are only good if you're right next to someone. Green shells also suffer in this game because the tracks are all so spacious, but they're a definite staple of the series.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    Green Shells are the last of the classic skill-based items.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I dunno man, tossing a banana peel in front of the guy ahead of you is both skillful and exceptionally rewarding.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,081
    Been wrecking shit online. Second day playing and already up to 3000 points. We all need to get a session going
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    I dunno man, tossing a banana peel in front of the guy ahead of you is both skillful and exceptionally rewarding.

I should have said one of the last. Banana snipes too good.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    If you're online and wanna Kart I'll be on for a bit doing worldwide races. Join me if you can! I'll have to take a small break in between sessions though. Studio shuts down for me a bit before Midnight ET so if you don't see me on and it's not at that point yet chances are you'll see me later.
    High Enough

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,429
    I need to figure out how to link up on any game on the switch.

Haven't played a Nintendo game online since.... I don't even know when
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    mario kart 8 deluxe online is buttery smooth. i played online with my sister, brother in-law, sonichuman and chadouken last night.
    all together I played online for about 2 hours and the only time it disconnected was i had to dock my switch inbetween a race which freaked the system out i guessed. lol

In single player mode so far I've gold cupped all of 50 and 100cc courses.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

mario kart 8 deluxe online is buttery smooth. i played online with my sister, brother in-law, sonichuman and chadouken last night.
    all together I played online for about 2 hours and the only time it disconnected was i had to dock my switch inbetween a race which freaked the system out i guessed. lol

Again, if you play 150cc your stars will transfer to the lower speeds. Another problem I have with the items in this game is that a coin is one of the options. The fuck I need another coin for? The coins already barely do anything.
    edited May 2
    NeoBlood wrote: »

Again, if you play 150cc your stars will transfer to the lower speeds. Another problem I have with the items in this game is that a coin is one of the options. The fuck I need another coin for? The coins already barely do anything.

i know but i like playing through the different cc's to get coins to unlock karts, wheels and gliders.
    my only gripe with items is once you're in first place all you get is bananas, green shells and coins. you next to never get the horn. :(
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

I think I'm just mad this game doesn't play exactly like Double Dash lol. But 8 is still a great game overall. The level of polish is impressive right down to the jazzy music, and the controls, while not DD levels of tight and responsive, are rock solid.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeit, I was online early this morning, playing against some random folks apparenty from various other countries like France and Japan...I know people take that for granted at this point but it still amazes me that a portable system these days can do that.

I'm also making my way thru the 100cc now.
    NeoBlood wrote: »

i know but i like playing through the different cc's to get coins to unlock karts, wheels and gliders.
    my only gripe with items is once you're in first place all you get is bananas, green shells and coins. you next to never get the horn. :(

You can get the horn in first. Its just the chance of getting it is lower than the other items.

Also pro tip: Thinking about coins as completely useless in first is the wrong thought process for them. If you have coins and you are already at 10 then hold on to them in case you get hit as a means of both replenishing your top speed and you also get a small boost from using it allowing a bit better recovery after getting clobbered. Hold them until you get a better item to replace it.
    High Enough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file