The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Out now!

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster HUMANZ Joined: Posts: 8,142
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Add me when you get the chance SW-6110-4628-4232

Everything is clean and simple right now. Having a section just straight up for news is a pretty good idea. The fact that they have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 up there and they're already advertising it makes me happy.
    where you do you find your friend code? i looked everywhere and couldnt find it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 8,424
    Played that clipper game with my son, had a blast. The joy cons are so small though, even he complained. I tried to show him how to hold it, like a snes/nes controller and he had the hardest time. I guess young kids have no frame of reference.

Speaking of. The switch treats secondary accounts far better than PS4. Not having to constantly make sure Mics/vr or whatever is linked to the proper account just a simple " who wants to play this game" as soon as it loads is perfect.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,756

Everything is clean and simple right now. Having a section just straight up for news is a pretty good idea. The fact that they have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 up there and they're already advertising it makes me happy.
    where you do you find your friend code? i looked everywhere and couldnt find it.

upper left and select your user page. you'll find your profile and friend list there along with your friend code and where you can add people.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bomberman Online is good. Just thought you guys should know. Up to 8 players at once even. Got up to 4 players tonight playing.

My friend code is: SW 2112-5397-4040 if you want to add me for bomberman.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,287
    no news unless USF2
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bomberman r seems like it has input delay
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 112
    How big is the initial update. I need to make sure I have enough data before starting it. Also are there any free games up online. Our local importer only allowed one store and one online store to get stock. Then the store that I pre-ordered from got 8 consoles and 3 games. Of course my dumb ass went to work before going to pick it up, so I have nothing to play. And they have no date of when there will be stock.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TKR wrote: »
    How big is the initial update. I need to make sure I have enough data before starting it. Also are there any free games up online. Our local importer only allowed one store and one online store to get stock. Then the store that I pre-ordered from got 8 consoles and 3 games. Of course my dumb ass went to work before going to pick it up, so I have nothing to play. And they have no date of when there will be stock.

The update is really small, you should be fine.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 4
    People at Gamefaqs say this system, outside of preorders, isn't really flying off shelves, and you should be able to walk into Walmart or most other stores and find at least one in most areas. Either Nintendo actually proved competent and provided adequate supplies, or everyone who was interested preordered. I want to wait until it maybe gets some design issues resolved (I hear the cradle scratches the screen), possibly a $50 price drop, and a decent fighting game. The HD SF2t re-tread ain't gonna cut it. And I hear next-gen systems have trouble running Xenoverse 2 without framerate issues and other problems...anyone see how this system won't have even worse issues?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    edited March 4

upper left and select your user page. you'll find your profile and friend list there along with your friend code and where you can add people.

thank ya kindly.

mine is SW-0094-9702-6716

i also added a friend code section to the first post. so post up them friend codes!
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

SW-2722-8799-3295

Also in my sig.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    edited March 4
    I want to create a Japanese account for eShop, but I'm not being sent the verification code. Anyone else have problems?

EDIT: This is pretty cool

I checked my own pad, and it's there!
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 5,948
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    edited March 4
    Heres how get access to the Japanese E-Shop

Heres a list of games from the Japanese E-Shop's launch lineup that have English and other language support

Physical/download...
    1-2-Switch: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, RU.
    Disgaea 5: JA, EN.
    Dragon Quest Heroes I-II: Japanese language only.
    I Am Setsuna: JA, EN, FR.
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, RU.
    Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence: Japanese language only.
    Puyo-Puyo Tetris: Japanese language only.
    Super Bomberman R: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, PT, RU, ZH.

Download-only...
    Blaster Master Zero: JA, EN.
    The King of Fighters '98: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Metal Slug 3: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers: JA, EN, KO, ZH.
    Othello: JA, EN.
    Shock Troopers: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Snipperclips: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL.
    Soldam: Word of Bloom: Japanese language only.
    Voez: JA, EN, KO, ZH.
    Vroom in the Night Sky: JA, EN.
    Waku-Waku 7: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    World Heroes Perfect: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    People at Gamefaqs say this system, outside of preorders, isn't really flying off shelves, and you should be able to walk into Walmart or most other stores and find at least one in most areas. Either Nintendo actually proved competent and provided adequate supplies, or everyone who was interested preordered. I want to wait until it maybe gets some design issues resolved (I hear the cradle scratches the screen), possibly a $50 price drop, and a decent fighting game. The HD SF2t re-tread ain't gonna cut it. And I hear next-gen systems have trouble running Xenoverse 2 without framerate issues and other problems...anyone see how this system won't have even worse issues?

You know, I remember hearing about retailers that were going to be stocking more Switches beyond the Pre order amount to be able to sell to walk-ins post midnight launch. If thats the case, it sounds like to me that the retailers didnt really say much it about it. So now they probably have few Switches sitting around waiting to be picked up by people who thought the Switch was sold out everywhere since they werent able to pre-order it and might take a few days for those people to catch on.
    Post edited by kenuran on
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
    I managed to get the verification code. I used a non-gmail email address.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,928
    are the fighting games online play
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51
    What are folks doing for payment on the Japanese eshop? I heard you can't use a US card, but you could buy Japanese eshop cards, ebay I assume?
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there a way to use my online profile on a friends switch system? Like say I want to play Super Bomberman R on a friends switch and just use my pro controller. Just need to confirm this. I know it just might be as simple as logging in.
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Is there a way to use my online profile on a friends switch system? Like say I want to play Super Bomberman R on a friends switch and just use my pro controller. Just need to confirm this. I know it just might be as simple as logging in.

Never tried it so can't say for sure but I highly doubt it would work.
    If you have access to the Japanese eShop, you can download a demo of Dragon Quest Heroes.
    edited March 5
    PSA: You can get My Nintendo coins for physical copies of games by highlighting the game in the Home screen and going to Options.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,454
    edited March 5
    edit wrong thread
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
    Snipperclips is really fun. Played it with my nephew for over an hour. Gets pretty tough once you beat the first world.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just started playing Fast Racing Neo and I love it! Gets me stoked to play Fast RMX. These games even have the announcer from F-ZERO GX!!!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 8,424
    King9999 wrote: »
    I want to create a Japanese account for eShop, but I'm not being sent the verification code. Anyone else have problems?

EDIT: This is pretty cool

I checked my own pad, and it's there!
    Snipperclips is really fun. Played it with my nephew for over an hour. Gets pretty tough once you beat the first world.

Good to know, tried the demo and my son and I loved it
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 5,948

A detailed durability test for the Switch.

The Switch's screen is plastic instead of glass like most cell phones and tablets. I do plan on bringing this thing while traveling so a screen protector is a must.

Also the Joycons can be used with Windows, Mac, and Android devices.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    edited March 6
    Gonna go see Logan tonight at the theatre. Bringing the Switch with me because I want something to do during those endless previews and commercials.

When you turn on the Switch while it's docked, it automatically turns on your TV for you. It's a small thing, but I think it's neat.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,020
    edited March 6
    Wil wrote: »
    A detailed durability test for the Switch.

Dang, I was hoping he'd open it up.

/engineering nerd.

Edit: Nintendo Switch teardown

Full description:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+Switch+Teardown/78263

• NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Gonna go see Logan tonight at the theatre. Bringing the Switch with me because I want something to do during those endless previews and commercials.

When you turn on the Switch while it's docked, it automatically turns on your TV for you. It's a small thing, but I think it's neat.

A lot of HDMI devices do that. But yeah it's neat.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 902
    edited March 8
    Damn. Internet is littered with defective switch reports.

I knew nintendo was rushing this thing to market, so i figured game selection would be weak at first. But nintendo usually puts out high-quality hardware, that is reliable. Oh well :/

Edit: Also these reports of the Switch being easily scratched by it's own dock, probably due to nintendo's decision to go with a plastic screen. And not gorilla glass or something else more appropriate for a portable device, like what tablets and Iphones have.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,872
    I have had GBA with dead pixels and GCN died on me 6 months in. Faulty stuff happens. Has anyone seen a percentage of faulty Switches?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    We don't know what the actual percentage of faulty systems are to the ones that aren't but the ones that have been getting the faulty stuff have been pretty loud about it. We probably won't know until later.
    Splatoon global testfire is march 24-26.

Six 1 hour playtest will be online. I'll be on a cruise so I'll miss out but the time info is in the Nintendo news section
  • odinodin let off some steam... chloe Joined: Posts: 14,867 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn. Internet is littered with defective switch reports.

I knew nintendo was rushing this thing to market, so i figured game selection would be weak at first. But nintendo usually puts out high-quality hardware, that is reliable. Oh well :/

Edit: Also these reports of the Switch being easily scratched by it's own dock, probably due to nintendo's decision to go with a plastic screen. And not gorilla glass or something else more appropriate for a portable device, like what tablets and Iphones have.

Scamtendo cheaped out. What a shocker.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,252
    Wil wrote: »

And people think I was wrong for shitting on Nintendo.
    Then I realized Nintendo hasn't built a good console in a long time. Wii U is a marketing and design disaster and the Wii game library was mostly shovelware.

This does not even have that classic Nintendo durability that the Game boy, SNES, N64 and Game Cube had.
    You can drop a huge CRT TV on the N64 and it still works fine.

The Switch breaks with normal operation.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,454
    The switch would probably be $500+ if they used quality materials.

I would pay for that if it had that, plus a battery that lasted at least 5 hours.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,622
    So anyone here experience any of the reported problems with their Switch?
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,155
    The left joycon desync is a real problem. Im probably going to ask my dad to help me with sottering a wire in the controller
    So anyone here experience any of the reported problems with their Switch?

No. But I have a pro controller so the joycon thing wouldn't be evident to me anyway.
    No issues yet
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,748
    No problems here so far.

Anyone else pick up Waku Waku 7?

Finding it pretty fun and a nice thing to bring to my locals for a change of pace from the usual suspects.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    I haven't had a single issue with my Switch. Haven't had my left Joy con desync, no screen scratches or freak outs. Pretty smooth sailing.

I also haven't been playing it that much either and when I have played it I've been using the pro controller
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Oh, nice the eShop updated with those Neo Geo games on the Japanese shop.
    Oh, nice the eShop updated with those Neo Geo games on the Japanese shop.

Nice, being able to buy shit while not shutting down your game is nice too.

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Why are right-wingers so sensitive? Joined: Posts: 5,265
    the joycon desyncing could be software related, so a patch make fix it
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro

This looks great for the folks who missed out on MK8 because of the Wii U. Stacked with tons of features. Will be a day 1 purchase for me. Need more party shit on this systems.

When's a real Mario party?