The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City!

Comments

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,919
    purbeast wrote: »
    they are working on a patch for the controller dropping issue. I wouldn't be to concerned about that. The dropping issue has to do with covering certain areas of the controller.. I wasn't aware that the issue had anything to do with distance.

Its a new system, if you aren't willing to deal with bugs then don't be an early adopter

That is just the sad state that the industry is in right now and it shows with software too. They push out shit unfinished and charge full price to beta test, then they fix shit as they please.

Sounds a lot like a fighting game we discuss here on these forums...

I feel like the switch was rushed lacking basic functions that other consoles have and the lack of virtual console. But we the assholes that gotta have something on release. We know all the warning signs and we just don't care. We deserve w/e we get tbh
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,729
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Anyone's switch system preorder from best buy shipped yet?

I saw some people on another forum say theirs shipped.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,919
    I'm getting mine at a midnight release. Got a feeling servers will be smacked with everyone downloading that patch at the same time.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Is it confirmed there is a release patch? If so are there patch notes?
    Is it confirmed there is a release patch? If so are there patch notes?

This Nintendo bruh we ain't getting no notes. There is a day one patch though that unlocks the online at least. Not sure what else is included
    I'm just annoyed I didn't preorder a pro controller at this point because I doubt I will be able to find one on Friday and sounds like the joycon is crap when in the grips.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,190
    Since joycon thing is getting fixed the only thing that really bothers me is that usb slot placement apparently making it impossible go charge in kickstand mode, if that's really the case someone needs sacking.

Multiplayer sessions should not have to end due to battery when you are playing next to a powerpoint and have a charge cable with you, I've got a couple of workarounds for that in my head already but having to balance that shit on 2 game boxes with a space for the wire will look dumb as shit.

As for only being able to dock it in one position, fine, I expected low power in comparison to ps4 and xbone anyway, was never an issue to me and as long as I can use a generic SD card as storage I'm fine with that too, I mostly buy physical anyway.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Iduno wrote: »
    Since joycon thing is getting fixed the only thing that really bothers me is that usb slot placement apparently making it impossible go charge in kickstand mode, if that's really the case someone needs sacking.

Multiplayer sessions should not have to end due to battery when you are playing next to a powerpoint and have a charge cable with you, I've got a couple of workarounds for that in my head already but having to balance that shit on 2 game boxes with a space for the wire will look dumb as shit.

As for only being able to dock it in one position, fine, I expected low power in comparison to ps4 and xbone anyway, was never an issue to me and as long as I can use a generic SD card as storage I'm fine with that too, I mostly buy physical anyway.

There was a stand for like $12 on amazon that will solve the problem because it sits it up and conveniently exposes the charge port.

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Playstand-Nintendo-Switch-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01N9RTMWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488418705&sr=8-1&keywords=switch+stand
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also does the switch come with a usb c to regular usb cord?

No it doesn't. They are like $7 on Amazon though. I'll probably snag one at Microcenter over the weekend or something.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,798
    Iduno wrote: »

There was a stand for like $12 on amazon that will solve the problem because it sits it up and conveniently exposes the charge port.

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Playstand-Nintendo-Switch-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01N9RTMWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488418705&sr=8-1&keywords=switch+stand

This is nice. Do want. Hopefully it'll show up in a store somewhere later down the line when I'm ready to nab one but if not I'll order it.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2

No it doesn't. They are like $7 on Amazon though. I'll probably snag one at Microcenter over the weekend or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122240113051

Found this for $6 that's with shipping.

Edit: Then I find cheaper ones but farther away from me.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,258
    Nintendo has games for ridiculous prices on digital while you can't even use the games on two consoles like it's competition. I don't know what market Nintendo is aiming for but it's most DEFINITELY not the console market

I'm still getting it but they are lying to their customers if they're claiming it's not replacing the 3ds
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
    Looks like you can get easy access to other regions eshops
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1349158
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Looks like you can get easy access to other regions eshops
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1349158

nice, trying to get some of those jap demos off the jump
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Justice Has Prevailed! Joined: Posts: 3,213
    There's currently no way to transfer your save data to other machines. You can only save to the device, not the SD card and you can't move it.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-save-data-stored-internally-only-cannot-currently-be-transferred
    Prove your justice to society.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,700
    edited March 2
    who gives a shit.
    the thing technically isn't properly out yet.

ppl fabricating scandals.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Remember memory cards? Where you could take your save data on the go and use it on other machines, like when visiting friends or helping to make tournaments run fast as fuck because you could upload a fully unlocked FG roster and features onto multiple machines+cards?

What happened to that shit? Or am I just being a grumpy, out-of-touch old gamer again for questioning "modern" design choices?

dunno if in the near future they will change things.

obviously they wanted to get the thing out the door so there are niggles and rough edges. it's unfortunate but it seems like they want to get the hardware out there first.
    Play more.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,285
    Oh, I'm just speaking in general. None of the current consoles have anyway to take save data on the go without overcomplicated cloud nonsense or some such.

The only thing I'm currently angry about is Nintendo's non-existent online infrastructure and policy and Zelda's hard mode being locked behind a DLC paywall.

People who just want to hate on Nintendo are gonna do what they do regardless.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Judging by what im hearing about people dying a ton in this game...you sure the mode shouldnt be called 'Harder'?

God damn man tomorrow ia gonna be torture for me. I'm gonna be at work thinking about nothing else for 9 hours. Im bout to get sick *cough cough*....
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Justice Has Prevailed! Joined: Posts: 3,213
    Oh, I'm just speaking in general. None of the current consoles have anyway to take save data on the go without overcomplicated cloud nonsense or some such.

PS4 and Wii U save data can be backed up to a USB stick. Are you even trying?
    Prove your justice to society.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,700
    edited March 2
    who cares?
    switch is basically a super portable.

each person having their own controls, own screen and own save file is great.
    and on top of that not having to monkey around with save data or making new profiles etc. on a shared console. gotta setup controls blah blah blahhhh. none of that.

i smell a virtual-on reboot.

Play more.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,041
    Sonichuman wrote: »

God damn man tomorrow ia gonna be torture for me. I'm gonna be at work thinking about nothing else for 9 hours. Im bout to get sick *cough cough*....

Right? It's the worst! I have to go to Best Buy and GameStop after work to pick up amiibos and pro controller. so the most ill be able to do tomorrow is download the day one updates and then go to bed.

Frowny face
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,322
    Recently I haven't had a need to transfer data via memory card. Besides, didn't people complain before about memory cards to begin with? Before that you saved to the cartridge.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,041
    target sent me an email saying my Switch has shipped and will be here tomorrow by 6pm.

Funny thing is that they haven't charged me yet. Considering all the shit I've gone through with them if I end up getting the switch for free I will laugh my ass off.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

Think I'll buy my first amiibo tonight at this midnight release.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dashie and Lamar playing 1-2 Switch.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,322
    Got my update from gamestop. Originally was going to get it Monday but looks like I may get it tomorrow after all. Kinda threw off my plan of completing Twilight Princess first. Still need to complete 4 mlre areas first!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Found a pro controller. One GameStop had extras and they said I could come prepay for it so I did that and can grab it at midnight now. Going to just snag Zelda with it too since I fucked up my preorder from amazon for it.
    Found a pro controller. One GameStop had extras and they said I could come prepay for it so I did that and can grab it at midnight now. Going to just snag Zelda with it too since I fucked up my preorder from amazon for it.

I may or may not have a pro controller. If not I'll just swing by Walmart on the way home and try to get lucky.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 3
    No midnight launch for me. :( Gotta wait till 9AM tomorrow to pick up my Switch. No idea how big the line will be. I'm in a small town, so maybe I won't have to wait too long.

Check this out
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,285
    Motherfucking Waku Waku 7?!? Is the Switch gonna actually get some decent OG fighters on that shit?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Motherfucking Waku Waku 7?!? Is the Switch gonna actually get some decent OG fighters on that shit?

I think he got it from the Japanese eShop. The Switch is region-free, so that opens up a lot of possibilities.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Is there a way to set up blue tooth headphones?

Gotta find a damn pair of 3.5 so I can play this shit in bed without waking the wife.